Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

- The Room of Hidden Things has a considerable amount of items from students, teachers, etc in it. Considering the amount of time in his live spent at Hogwarts it's highly unlikely Dumbledore wouldn't have known about it.

Now that you mention it, it was The Room of Hidden Things Dumbledore didnt know about. I think it was said he never needed to hide something 

"Tom Riddle, who confided in no one and operated alone, might have been arrogant enough to assume that he, and only he, had penetrated the deepest mysteries of Hogwarts Castle. Of course, Dumbledore and Flitwick, those model pupils, had never set foot in that particular place, but he, Harry, had strayed off the beaten track in his time at school – here at least was a secret area he and Voldemort knew, that Dumbledore had never discovered –"

Considering the Dumbledore we are seeing in Fantastic Beasts and with this movie called "Secrets of Dumbledore" I find really hard to believe Dumbledore never needed to hide anything in there

Edited by Robert8

39 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This new trailer is incredible, it'd be criminal if LEGO just totally skips this film.

Hm, doesn't look like there's any transport in the film. I wonder if sets will be based off locations (maybe even Hogwarts parts lol)

43 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This new trailer is incredible, it'd be criminal if LEGO just totally skips this film.

Indeed, there‘s so much set potential here! And they can‘t deny us a Mikkelsen minifig for the third time in a row :cry3:

Not a fan of the dirt marks on the torsos. Was looking forward to a version of hermiones pink hoody without the time turner print, but now she can only not have the time turner on full display when she’s filthy. And Ron’s will be unusable as a dirty version of the old one as it’s a different colour 

Please LEGO, give us sets for this.

They experiment so much with this theme - buildable figures, buildable animals, customisable suitcase, microscale D2C, buildable objects D2C etc. 

If they don't expermiante with a Fantastic Beasts set or two, that would be extremely disappointing for the fans. It's the only new WW content we're getting in the next years (except for Hogwarts Legacy, but it's not like they'll make sets based on this), so they really should try to profit on this.

Lots of stuff they can do from that trailer alone. It looks as though there’s going to be a lot more of Hogwarts in this film so we may get sets based on that. I wonder where Tina is though.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they don't expermiante with a Fantastic Beasts set or two, that would be extremely disappointing for the fans. It's the only new WW content we're getting in the next years (except for Hogwarts Legacy, but it's not like they'll make sets based on this), so they really should try to profit on this.

A set for Hogwarts Legacy would be like the trunk they are releasing in March: a set where you can customize your minifigure as a Hogwarts student

It would be nice if the hairpieces included in the set match the hairstyles avaible in the game

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A set for Hogwarts Legacy would be like the trunk they are releasing in March: a set where you can customize your minifigure as a Hogwarts student

It would be nice if the hairpieces included in the set match the hairstyles avaible in the game

It's not like the game will have 16 hairstyles available, each in its own colour...

3 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

I am not so familiar with other LEGO themes, but hasn't Star Wars this alternating order of always releasing a display D2C (Gunship, Millennium Falcon) and a play D2C afterwards (Death Star, Mos Cantina)?

Could it be that we will have a similar order when it comes to the Harry Potter D2Cs? 

First we had the Hogwarts castle which is a really nice display model but hard to play with, then last year DA which is a great play set (also great for display) and now this year Hogwarts Icon which is just a display set.

So chances should be high to get a minifig scale D2C play set again, right?

Yes, I think there is a very decent chance we get minifigure scale D2C set next year, might not be Gringotts tho.

With clearer pictures out it sort of looks like the Time Turner is a gold ring on a gold stud. It's still hard to tell though.

Kinda looks like they might be using CMF Hermione's face print.

2 hours ago, Flixter said:

Hm, doesn't look like there's any transport in the film. I wonder if sets will be based off locations (maybe even Hogwarts parts lol)

A 2018-2020 part of Hogwarts maybe :tongue:

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Lots of stuff they can do from that trailer alone. It looks as though there’s going to be a lot more of Hogwarts in this film so we may get sets based on that. I wonder where Tina is though.

The trailer definitely leaves more to be desired :moar: I assume they have left Tina out of it to make us wonder, Nagini is not too be seen either.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Won’t surprise me based off how poor the previous sets sold if we don’t get sets for the movie

Do you know this? I assume they did not sell as well as the HP sets, however the sets where well made so I assume they sold decent at least.. WB probably wants sets to be made to promote the film as well, so do not see what Lego will risk making a few sets :shrug_oh_well:

Regarding the HP sets, is it a spider or a new mould?

2 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

lmao the DADA book has a moody microfigure in the chest

Well spotted! I appreciate the detail, but it's also good to know that imprisonment and torture aren't too dark for Lego then. Glad to see they're covering the more magical aspects of the series. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well spotted! I appreciate the detail, but it's also good to know that imprisonment and torture aren't too dark for Lego then. Glad to see they're covering the more magical aspects of the series. :facepalm:

In fairness they do pretty much gloss over it in the movie.

1 minute ago, strangely said:

In fairness they do pretty much gloss over it in the movie.

Yes true, but he is still clearly captured and in a state. Then again, the whole book build is based around the forbidden curses rather than pesky pixies or conquering fear so I think the little fig rather fits the tone. :laugh:

As much as I like the upturn in atmosphere since the trailer launched, I'm very much reminded of the exciting Cog trailer after the disappointing FB1 film...

I like all the new sets though, but I must admit as soon as I build the official sets I knock em down for parts 

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I assume they have left Tina out of it to make us wonder, Nagini is not too be seen either.

From what I‘ve heard, Tina‘s part is minimal since Katherine Waterston allegedly caught Covid during shooting and Nagini doesn‘t appear at all because Claudia Kim was pregnant :shrug_confused: Hopefully they both show up in FB 4 again

48 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

lmao the DADA book has a moody microfigure in the chest

Haven‘t noticed that one, amazing detail :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

From what I‘ve heard, Tina‘s part is minimal since Katherine Waterston allegedly caught Covid during shooting and Nagini doesn‘t appear at all because Claudia Kim was pregnant :shrug_confused: Hopefully they both show up in FB 4 again

Is this movie cursed or what???

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

From what I‘ve heard, Tina‘s part is minimal since Katherine Waterston allegedly caught Covid during shooting and Nagini doesn‘t appear at all because Claudia Kim was pregnant :shrug_confused:

Sounds strange, people her age normally do not get very sick from covid, and if see is gone 2 weeks that should hardly be any problem since they where shooting it over several moths and even had to start and stop several times :sceptic:
Was not Katherine Waterston pregnant during the second film? That had at least happened during other film productions that female actors are pregnant, so do not make sense to remove her, unless she made the call :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Do you know this? I assume they did not sell as well as the HP sets, however the sets where well made so I assume they sold decent at least.. WB probably wants sets to be made to promote the film as well, so do not see what Lego will risk making a few sets :shrug_oh_well:

I’m pretty sure these sets sold not well at all. From what I have seen these sets warmed in stores and were constantly on clearance. Especially the one set. I don’t think it sold well in general not just compared to hp sets

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m pretty sure these sets sold not well at all. From what I have seen these sets warmed in stores and were constantly on clearance. Especially the one set. I don’t think it sold well in general not just compared to hp sets

Hopefully Warner Bros has some power to say they want their new film to be represented and marketed in merchandising lines. Maybe this will be the year for Harry Potter CMF season 3? (With half Fantastic Beasts figures! :moar:

One concern I do have is that this film has been delayed twice and there has been no news of any sets anywhere near the horizon. we knew details for both Minions and Jurassic World waves long before both films will come out - would we have heard about postponed wizarding world sets in similar circumstances? 

I know there are still being sets revealed for 1HY of 2022 - when can we definitively say that all the sets for the first half of the year will be accounted for? 

The Thestral set certainly sold horribly and warmed shelves on clearance.

I don't think LEGO would take much risk making sets for a film in a series that's already had quite a bumpy time. This series of films is all over the place and the new one doesn't look like any sort of good course correction since the incomprehensible second one, in my opinion.

If I were LEGO, I'd wait and see about the film's reception and then put out a set or two given that the Wizarding World line will be continuing anyway, but then again why bother at all when the Harry Potter-based stuff reliably sells. Another minifigure series would be a better place to stash some of the FB characters and be done.

The only good thing about more FB sets is that the costuming is so dull and uninspired for a Wizarding World that it makes great minifigures for use in real world early 20th century stuff.

I honestly don't know what LEGO thought when making that set...

It includes a badly executed version of Grindelwald (it's really inaccurate), and a minor supporting character, plus a rather uninteresting build with a great animal mould.

And next to it you have great 2018 Harry Potter sets. No wonder people didn't buy it.

That doesn't mean FB sets don't sell - you just have to make a set that will look attractive next to HP sets.

55 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly don't know what LEGO thought when making that set...

I agree with your assessment, but it can be difficult when all they have is concept art and some details to go on. Grindlewald's grand prison escape sounds like a scene worthy of a set, and has a vehicle associated, which LEGO loves to do. 

What could they have realistically done or known to do that would have been good? That lion creature thingy with a few minifigures on the side? The French Ministry of Magic somehow?

I don't think these FB films lend themselves very well to exciting sets, and it'd be especially difficult to guess what material to cover if all you have is art and a story outline.