Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

34 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

WB has released a Wizarding World celebration video ahead of the first Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore trailer on monday and starting at 1:48 there's some new footage showcasing: 
- Our very first look at Mads Mikkelsen's Grindelwald (though I did like Depps portrayal Mads definitely looks a million times better from a purely visual pov).
- Vinda Rosier is returning. 
- 2 new magical creatures.
- Credence fighting Dumbledore.

I'd be ecstatic if we could get a decent amount of sets based on this film, though the chances probably aren't very high.

Well it doesn't seem like we're getting spring wave of sets (I definitely think we would know if they're coming), and there is a chance of getting a bigger wave in summer (maybe even full wave of sets, instead of HP?)

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Mikkelsen‘s Grindelwald looks so much better :excited: Finally, I can take him seriously, unlike that cockatoo :tongue:

Hoping for a set or two, unlikely as it is

Why do you think it's unlikely of getting a set or two?

I really hope we can at least get a set or two.

It would be pretty weird of LEGO to revive this theme, and then not give us a set for the only movie from that franchise coming within next years...

18 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

And I had just bought one because I thought it was going away. Any word on Herbology, is that still retiring?

Apparently it's still doing, safest bet is to buy it now if you want it :classic:

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

Well it doesn't seem like we're getting spring wave of sets (I definitely think we would know if they're coming), and there is a chance of getting a bigger wave in summer (maybe even full wave of sets, instead of HP?)

Why do you think it's unlikely of getting a set or two?

The film gets released in April, so we should've heard of tie-in sets by now :sceptic: Unless they get released in 2HY of course, but when was the last time sets for a new film have been released after the fact? :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The film gets released in April, so we should've heard of tie-in sets by now :sceptic: Unless they get released in 2HY of course, but when was the last time sets for a new film have been released after the fact? :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe they want to do a full wave of 5-6 sets instead of regular HP wave in Summer

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

Maybe they want to do a full wave of 5-6 sets instead of regular HP wave in Summer

The film release date has also moved around a lot and the latest move was from July up to April. So it wouldn't surprise me if there are sets that aren't ready for April.

5 hours ago, droobles said:

The film release date has also moved around a lot and the latest move was from July up to April. So it wouldn't surprise me if there are sets that aren't ready for April.

Also a possibility. I don’t think a film with tie-in sets has ever been moved forward before, so we have no basis for comparison :laugh: Then again, I’d expect WB to inform their merchandising partners way ahead of the general public, so there should‘ve been enough time to rearrange schedules

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The movie was supposed to release July 15th 2022 (since November 2020), so a June 1st release date would've made a lot of sense.

Only recently (just 3 months ago) did it get pushed forward by over 3 months, so LEGO couldn't really make sets this fast.

I think there's a big chance we'll get at least something in June. 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Only recently (just 3 months ago) did it get pushed forward by over 3 months, so LEGO couldn't really make sets this fast.

Depends on when TLG and other partners were informed. They surely didn‘t learn of this the same day we did, right? :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Depends on when TLG and other partners were informed. They surely didn‘t learn of this the same day we did, right? :grin:

They might have.

Pictures are out. The sets are better than I expected! Trellawney's design is even better than the CMF version. Pomfrey's new hairpiece is awesome too.

It's too blurry to tell, but it looks like the time turner might be a separate piece. It's no longer printed on Hermione's torso.

So, the Clock Tower looks like a pretty good version...so long as you only care about the top two floors. If it came with another layer, I honestly might prefer it over the 2019 set.

Figures are good. Pomfrey looks fantastic and it's great to get that Hermione outfit without the Time Turner. Neat that Ron has one white leg to be a cast, but it looks like this set also has the sand blue owl from the Trunk, or one very similar.

Books are mixed. I really like Trelawney's: She is a massive improvement over the CMF and it's cool to get a less formal Parvati (hopefully it's a non-Bindi print), and it's interesting that PoA Harry has his CMF hair rather than the standard piece. The interior looks really nice and unique, my only issue is that I'd prefer if it were lavender.

I like what I'm seeing here :thumbup: As expected, Pomfrey is the obvious highlight, but the other figs are great too. Pretty amazed that Moody looks this similar to his CMF counterpart, he even retained the differently-colored dual-moulded legs it seems *oh2* Trelawney is still a downgrade to me, I'd vastly prefer a dress piece

Is that a time-turner Hermione is holding (like a printed 1x1 round tile)? :sweet:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is that the Grim on the tile in the green book flying around the Divination book?

I think it is, good catch! :thumbup:

I wonder where that promised bottle of Skele-Gro is, probably somewhere on the inside :purrr:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it is, good catch! :thumbup:

I wonder where that promised bottle of Skele-Gro is, probably somewhere on the inside :purrr:

Thanks! Really interested to see the inside, but am impressed by the outside. The architecture strikes a good balance between modular, but not too blocky looking I think. I'm liking the tan windows instead of the brown. :classic:

Edited by BacktoBricks

The books look just like we expected. Divination one is pretty great honestly.

The Clock Tower is absolutely fantastic. The exterior looks amazing, and there are four segments, not rumoured three, plus three substantial roofs. Minifigures are also great, especially Pomfrey. I might get this one.

I might end up getting two of the Clock Tower to stack two of the lower level to make a more accurate height, and then use the leftover side roof segments on top of the Girl's bathroom from last year.

Pomfrey looks great!

------

About the trailer, it seems credence is becoming Snape 2.0

Edited by Robert8

15 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@BrickBob Studpants Has your hunger been assuaged yet? :tongue: 

It has… for now :devil:

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

About the trailer, it seems credence is becoming Snape 2.0

Reminds me of Kylo Ren a bit. I like that style, he looks better than in CoG and MASSIVELY better than in FBAWTFT :grin: