Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Spotted the use of one of the DADA stickers in a MOC on IG. Have we seen the stickers before?

What MOC?

On 12/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

So close, yet so far… :tongue: Hopefully we’ll see some proper pictures soon

Actually, it’s not from a catalogue but instead the back of the box of the Transfiguration classroom set *huh* I can’t recall them ever changing the sets advertised on a box, but maybe they did it because two of the other ones get discontinued already? I mean still advertising them would be silly and conveniently, we have two replacements :laugh:

I’m wondering if they change the back of the box, maybe they’ll also change the advertisement on the back of the instructions to include the two new moments set and hospital wing set, so our best hope is for someone to buy that set and give us a look of the back of the instruction 😆

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Spotted the use of one of the DADA stickers in a MOC on IG. Have we seen the stickers before?

That's from the clock tower set from a couple of years ago.

Edited by strangely

6 minutes ago, strangely said:

That's from the clock tower set from a couple of years ago.

Damn, right you are. (Two guesses who doesn't put her stickers on most of her builds... :laugh:) I thought "Moody" and the spider were a sure bet for fourth year DADA. 

Since there are already set numbers and prices for the 2nd HY sets for Star Wars and Marvel, can we also expect one for Harry Potter soon?

When were these lists revealed last year?

2 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Since there are already set numbers and prices for the 2nd HY sets for Star Wars and Marvel, can we also expect one for Harry Potter soon?

When were these lists revealed last year?

We don’t really have one for Marvel yet, except for the D2C set (and the delayed movie sets of course). So the only proper 2HY set lists at our disposal at the moment are Star Wars, Super Mario, Creator Expert, and Ideas.

Last year, we got our HP set list very early (at the end of October I think), courtesy of @lego_guyon02. No idea when we will see it this time. I’d say around the toy fairs at the latest

Not sure if that fits here, but one thing that is annoying me about the new Harry Potter set designs is promised focus on playability.

When comparing the sets from 2021 (but also 2019-20) with the ones from 2001 onwards, I find it quite hard to actually "play" inside the builds, mainly due to the room height inside of them.

When I was younger I really loved playing with the old Lego HP sets. It was through my niece that I came back to Lego after 15 years of absence. Some months ago I started getting the 2019-21 sets. Although I got them mainly for a display purpose (and also as an investment for my future children to play with), I must say I find it quite fumbling and sometimes really hard to place the minifigures inside the buildings. First I thought it was just because I grown up in the meantime and my hands got too big. But even my little niece has problems and partly "destroyes" the castle whenever she is trying to place or remove a minifiges from a classroom chair. 

After rebuilding some of the 2001 sets I recongnized that these were much higher and much more open. The ground floor of the "Forbidding Corridor" from 2001 is 11 studs high compared to the 8 studs of the new one. I know that the old sets were not as good looking as the new ones, but for a play purpose I find them much better (like the Hogwarts Moments books).

Everytime my niece visits me now we have to take out the chairs, desks, tables and other play features from the actual build and place it on them on the floor/ table so she can actually play with them and move the minifigures around. That leaves her only with a hollow building that looks pretty in the background. I know I could solve that by simply adding more layers on top, but therefore I have to get extra bricks.

Has anyone else the same problem? And is this only with HP or did also other sets shrink down?

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The new modular has a beautiful dome technique that could easily be repurposed for the inevitable Gringotts build.

That is not the corner, domed building we are looking for. :iamded_lol:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Wow, that hotel does have an uncanny resemblance to Gringotts. This makes me feel like a Gringotts set is not coming anytime soon. If it was it seems unlikely they would approve this very similar design.

51 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

Has anyone else the same problem? And is this only with HP or did also other sets shrink down?

City / 3-in-1 buildings and some vehicles like campers/vans can be pretty small to "play" with figures with. Friends sets are much more open on the back/roof which is a compromise between (role)play and (dis)play

16 minutes ago, droobles said:

Wow, that hotel does have an uncanny resemblance to Gringotts. This makes me feel like a Gringotts set is not coming anytime soon. If it was it seems unlikely they would approve this very similar design.

It’s not THAT similar though :shrug_oh_well: And even if it was, a Modular Building and a licensed D2C set don’t have the exact same target audience (significant overlaps notwithstanding).

54 minutes ago, droobles said:

Say what? It's not even slightly similar...

1 hour ago, droobles said:

Wow, it really does! The corner build with the one large tower in the same colour. Plus, if you've ever been to the Wizarding World, Gringotts has a similar side building with the steps and the railing. Gosh I hope we get a Gringotts soon...

Well, at least this shows us what a $250 Gringotts could look like (even though I‘m still maintaining that a $120 set could work too, it doesn‘t have to be fully enclosed for instance)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Say what? It's not even slightly similar...

Ok so?

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, at least this shows us what a $250 Gringotts could look like (even though I‘m still maintaining that a $120 set could work too, it doesn‘t have to be fully enclosed for instance)

Yeah I agree with wht you said! This hotel gave us a very small idea what Gringotts would look like but… well…. No Gringots set planned yet.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Wow, it really does! The corner build with the one large tower in the same colour. Plus, if you've ever been to the Wizarding World, Gringotts has a similar side building with the steps and the railing. Gosh I hope we get a Gringotts soon...

Same here.

So it wasn't only me that got Gringotts vibes from the new modular?

The dome for sure. The flat iron angled shape adds to it. Color scheme not as much outside of being lighter.

So yeah, I'd think Gringotts won't be coming for a bit. I stalled a project I was working on because I assumed we would have an official one sooner than later and didn't want to create my own, only to toss it aside because an official version came out. Now I need to decide if I want to restart that project and build my own afterall or wait another year...or two...

What I really love about this year's calendar is how it's sorted in Philosopher's Stone chronological. Not just the locations, even the characters. So good.

I hope they make Chamber of Secrets next year, because it has to be my favourite Advent Calendar so far. 

Harry Potter 76385 Charms Class has apparently been pushed back from retirement so won't retire until next year... lets hope that dosen't mean any of the March classrooms get delayed :sad:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Harry Potter 76385 Charms Class has apparently been pushed back from retirement so won't retire until next year... lets hope that dosen't mean any of the March classrooms get delayed :sad:

I am seriously wondering what is going on with Lego these days.

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

And I had just bought one because I thought it was going away. Any word on Herbology, is that still retiring?

WB has released a Wizarding World celebration video ahead of the first Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore trailer on monday and starting at 1:48 there's some new footage showcasing: 
- Our very first look at Mads Mikkelsen's Grindelwald (though I did like Depps portrayal Mads definitely looks a million times better from a purely visual pov).
- Vinda Rosier is returning. 
- 2 new magical creatures.
- Credence fighting Dumbledore.

I'd be ecstatic if we could get a decent amount of sets based on this film, though the chances probably aren't very high.

Mikkelsen‘s Grindelwald looks so much better :excited: Finally, I can take him seriously, unlike that cockatoo :tongue:

Hoping for a set or two, unlikely as it is