Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Seaber said:

What colours have changed? Is it the tiny bit of piping on the jumpers poking though? 

The blue and green are much brighter colors now.

The trunk is well designed but in and of itself doesn't capture me.  On the other hands the plethora of good parts is nice and the build your own students idea is inspired.  I've got so many Harry minifigures, if this lets me make five unique students and just toss Harry potter head number 30 in the bin they've got my money.

I was so excited to make Angelina Johnson and maybe a Pansy Parkinson! But the childishly bright color change for every single uniform makes these torsos basically useless. I really really hope this is not a permanent change

19 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The blue and green are much brighter colors now.

The Gryffindor red is definitely brighter also

With official pictures out on Lego.com, it's much easier to see what's what. The top of the box appears to show all of the Minifigure parts: not counting Harry and McGonagall, there are appear to be 16 hair pieces and ten heads.

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The set is on s@h now, and it’s scheduled for release in March after all. Dangit :sad:

i dont see it? can u post the link

Though I am a bit disappointed in this new color change, I'm thinking based on the description ("your child" this and that) that this change could be a one-off. It's fully being marketed as a children's set, even down to the playfulness of the stickers. Maybe they have a future 4+ set that they plan to use these torsos in as well

I'm sorry, but I absolutely love this set. I have been wanting a skirt piece for Y1 Hermione for the longest time. I hope these are easy to get more of on Bricklink! I love the Bertie Botts jar and I bet we will see that in the Hospital Wing. I love the new trunk lid - that was something I'd been wanting for a while, too. I love that we're getting another polyjuice potion glass. I love all the stickers and mini builds. I love the scarf uniforms and I can't tell if it's actually a brighter colour or just the bright images, but I don't mind anyway. And I love that we can make background students even though I don't like the weird hair colours (pink and blue). I also love that we're getting another plain uniform. And isn't it strange that this is the third Advance Potion Making book we have got but this is the first to have text on? Which probably makes it the best. So much to love! ...Except the March release date.

A few more observations:

I'm loving the new top of trunk piece to turn the classic treasure chest bottom into a trunk. It looks like it has two studs on top, which is excellent.

They're using Dudley's face for Draco now, hehe.

There appear to be heads in a colour just a shade lighter than reddish brown, reminiscent of a shade they used for a couple figures way back in the Spider-Man 2 sets (what BL calls Medium Brown). Have they used this colour for Minifigures at all recently and does anyone know what it is? I thought the four tones they have been using are light nougat (like Harry), Medium Nougat (as in Dean Thomas), Nougat (as in Hercules), and reddish brown.

The trunk/chest looks ok. But it doen’t scream for me to buy it, I’m not interested in it. 

The colors of ravenclaw and Slytherin are not accurate.

There is a new hairpiece mold there, right?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, or maybe I'm mistaken?

Edited by Robert8

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There is a new hairpiece mold there, right?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, or maybe I'm mistaken?

I can’t see one.

28 minutes ago, williejm said:

I can’t see one.

A 0:42 (ans it's in the thumbnail)

I am so glad McGonagall is in this set. I was very close to ordering the book set she came in a few days ago but ultimately got the Astronomy tower instead. I didn't even think I would want this set but it's actually so good I'll have to get it at some point. Now I'm even more excited to see the hospital wing!

I will say, those new short legs with grey printing to go with the skirt piece are pretty awesome. Still bummed about the torsos, but with the skirt, legs, chest, owl, map, and that amazing Bertie Bots piece, I appreciate all the new things that the designers are giving us here.

Edited by evanevanevan

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

There appear to be heads in a colour just a shade lighter than reddish brown, reminiscent of a shade they used for a couple figures way back in the Spider-Man 2 sets (what BL calls Medium Brown). Have they used this colour for Minifigures at all recently and does anyone know what it is? I thought the four tones they have been using are light nougat (like Harry), Medium Nougat (as in Dean Thomas), Nougat (as in Hercules), and reddish brown.

Update: I asked Marcos (who designed the set) on Instagram and he said it's 312 medium nougat, so perhaps there are only the four shades of minifigure heads and the digital image just made it look weird. That would certainly make sense.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Update: I asked Marcos (who designed the set) on Instagram and he said it's 312 medium nougat, so perhaps there are only the four shades of minifigure heads and the digital image just made it look weird. That would certainly make sense.

I was just coming on to mention that. It definitely looks a different colour - both on the girl with pink hair on front of box, and the top of box has 5 rows of heads which seemingly show a boy and girl head in 5 different colours.

If Marcos says it is medium nougat I'd be inclined to take his word for it, but then also weird that it then comes with 4 medium nougat heads and only 2 each of the other 3 colours.

On a different note I'm trying to judge if the hairband on the reused Violet Parr hairpiece is printed (possibly looks like it could be d. bluish gray but hard to tell from the angle). I've been using that hairpiece for Cho Chang and I'd love a version with a less garish hairband colour than the orange that came on Violet.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:24 PM, Roebuck said:

It is only a matter of time before we get something from DH in my opinion, sooner or later we will get something from DA as well, but the chance for it being compatible with the D2C DA is getting smaller every year :hmpf:

What makes you think it won’t? Ninjago City Gardens came out three years after Docks & it’s compatible. 

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I always just open the Advent Calendars up as soon as I buy them and build everything. Not really interested in the whole countdown thing

Yup. I cracked it open the day I got months ago. 

The trunk has a lot going for it with all the new prints and new/rare parts. Glad we’re getting another unsourced Hogwarts uniform torso.  Are we sure the scarf colors changed or could it just be the video(haven’t taken a better look at S@H yet)? Getting all the hair & heads is great for Quidditch team building as well. So I’m definitely excited there. 

Edited by Vindicare

40 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

I was just coming on to mention that. It definitely looks a different colour - both on the girl with pink hair on front of box, and the top of box has 5 rows of heads which seemingly show a boy and girl head in 5 different colours.

The five rows is what had me as well. It kind of looks like the second row down is a shade between medium nougat and reddish brown, and it would be weird if there were four of one colour and two of all the rest. I've asked a further clarifying question so we'll see.

It's going to be a long wait until March!

35 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Are we sure the scarf colors changed or could it just be the video(haven’t taken a better look at S@H yet)?

Slytherin looks like regular green and Ravenclaw looks like regular blue to me. Is that not what they were before?

23 minutes ago, Vindicare said:
On 11/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, Roebuck said:

What makes you think it won’t? Ninjago City Gardens came out three years after Docks & it’s compatible.

They can do a "Ninjago City" yes, however if you want people to collect a series it is better to give them time to get all sets from the beginning. I am sure there are people that do not buy Gardens now because they did not buy the first sets. The modulars on the other hand come out once a year, so new collectors can buy 3-4 sets that is for sale now and then start collecting the next ones (and some maybe try to find older ones for a decent price).
If would make more sense to give out a DA set every year now so people know that it is annual thing and not a stand-alone set instead of staring that 2-3 years from now :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Slytherin looks like regular green and Ravenclaw looks like regular blue to me. Is that not what they were before?

2021 uses the regular colors but LEGO has used dark green and blue since 2018: 

973pb4374.original.png973pb4031.original.png

Screenshot_134.jpg