Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

New bertie botts piece! 

New skirt/small legs piece!
Really interesting concept with some great pieces for moc’s. Can’t wait to get my hands on it

Edited by PotDoc

10 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

New skirt/small legs piece!

if we’re thinking of the same thing then i’m pretty sure it’s from the trolls sub theme but recoloured 

2 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

if we’re thinking of the same thing then i’m pretty sure it’s from the trolls sub theme but recoloured 

Oh just checked some pictures, it is the same piece :grin: i didn’t follow the trolls theme hence having no idea this piece even existed :grin:

I make it at least 12 hair pieces and nine head pieces - not including the prof. 

It also looks like there may be a new trunk lid piece? 

I was skeptical towards it, but after seeing that video, I am officially IN LOVE with this set :wub_drool:

The build is incredible. I love how it looks, both the outside and inside. 

The number of available hairpieces and heads is impressive, I love the concept of a customisable Harry Potter minifig.

The set should be on Shop@Home in 2 hours, and I can't wait to see it in its full glory. 

Wow - how many figs/heads are there?! Will it really be 50 bucks? That would be quite a nice deal just for the parts.

and do I see dual molded smalle legs and skirt piece in a USEFUL colour?!

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The video is a bit deceptive though. McGonagall and the sorting hat aren’t included, or are they? That’d make 6 minifigs *huh*

McGonagall isn't, but Sorting Hat probably is

I love this set :wub:

All those new minifigure parts and new print!! There is even a new owl design! :excited:

Such a weird set. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I like all the minfig possibilities and I like all the new prints. Not sure about the overall concept and look though 

Is this set supposed to be a Lego exclusive? Should be about £40-£45 I think, but it's its just with Lego I don't imagine I'll get so many copies. 

I think it's very clever. A 2 in 1 (maybe more) that keeps the same core frame, but you can then quickly change things around. It allows more varied play and encourages actual building on a regular basis, without it seeming like you've 'lost' the original set.

Also, it looks cool.

The initial rumour said that two minifigs were supposed to be included; a customisable student and a teacher. So McGonagall could be included after all :classic: Showing a minifig from a different set in a reveal video wouldn’t make much sense anyway

Oh, and RIP 2010 grey owl. With the new one in this set, I doubt the other one will return, making it the only post-2007 owl not to appear in the rebooted theme :snicker:

And what’s up with the anniversary logo? Sure, it’s probably there because it technically isn’t over yet, but it will be by the time the set is released :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh, and RIP 2010 grey owl. With the new one in this set, I doubt the other one will return, making it the only post-2007 owl not to appear in the rebooted theme 

We will see, but I prefer new ones if I can choose, but the grey one is better than another white one.
I do think this is a different color on this new one anyway other than grey :wub:

59 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The video is a bit deceptive though. McGonagall and the sorting hat aren’t included, or are they? That’d make 6 minifigs *huh*

She should be included.

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I do think this is a different color on this new one anyway other than grey :wub:

Actually, you’re right, it’s sand blue :laugh: So TLG, please bring the grey one back so we can have a complete owl collection (I do own multiple of them, but I’m a purist to the extent I only display complete sets)

In other news, it's Advent Calendar Day 1, can't wait to see all of those gifts.

The one weird thing is that on the door of Day 24 you can see the spinner icon (the one for the game). If we're getting it on the last day, what was even the point of making that?

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In other news, it's Advent Calendar Day 1, can't wait to see all of those gifts.

The one weird thing is that on the door of Day 24 you can see the spinner icon (the one for the game). If we're getting it on the last day, what was even the point of making that?

I always just open the Advent Calendars up as soon as I buy them and build everything. Not really interested in the whole countdown thing

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I always just open the Advent Calendars up as soon as I buy them and build everything. Not really interested in the whole countdown thing

I honestly don't care about the countdown, I just like opening a box every day. It feels more special that way imo.

so r pics of the trunk not coming out td? ik the vid was the official reveal but i was hoping for pics on shop at home

3 minutes ago, Surge said:

so r pics of the trunk not coming out td? ik the vid was the official reveal but i was hoping for pics on shop at home

Yeah I’d love to see some pics of everything that’s included 

6 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Did anyone notice the new lid for the chest piece representing a trunk in the dorm version of the build? 

Yes, can't wait to get some in reddish brown! 

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

LEGO really had to go and change the Slytherin and Ravenclaw colors :hmpf_bad:

What colours have changed? Is it the tiny bit of piping on the jumpers poking though?