Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

[...] the green roof design was only for this anniversary wave to give a nod to the classic style this theme has been produced with. I do not believe we should expect this style to continue because it appeared to be for anniversary purposes. 

They green roofs will continue to be used in 2022.

54 minutes ago, cosmic said:

the green roof design was only for this anniversary wave to give a nod to the classic style this theme has been produced with. I do not believe we should expect this style to continue because it appeared to be for anniversary purposes

It was already confirmed via sets description and Marcoss Bessa interviee that from now on green roofs will be used on the new Hogwarts sets, at least until LEGO decides to change their mind

46 minutes ago, Flixter said:

It was already confirmed via sets description and Marcoss Bessa interviee that from now on green roofs will be used on the new Hogwarts sets, at least until LEGO decides to change their mind

Besides, the upcomming set from the winter wave (Hospital wing) will be in the same modular style as the sets from this year...

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

I don’t know, I thought Sinestra, cat-head Hermione, Tom Riddle, Mcgonogal, and all the anniversary figures were very well done. Additionally I was under the impression that similar to the golden figures, the green roof design was only for this anniversary wave to give a nod to the classic style this theme has been produced with. I do not believe we should expect this style to continue because it appeared to be for anniversary purposes. I can’t comment on the Deathly Hallows matter as I’ve also noticed this trend and personally really want sets based off that film myself and don’t know why their avoiding it. Hopefully they turn around on that.

As for Gringotts, I believe this theme is confirmed to go on until at least 2023 so even if it’s not scheduled for next year I think we still have time to see it produced and released. I personally feel very confident that it will probably be made just based off demand and the fact that they made it before in the original Diagon Alley. I agree that most of this reboot has been amazing but I think we need a proper Bellatrix with maniacal laughing print with her signature makeup and a printed dress slope, I’m also hoping we see an updated Narcissa Malfoy, and Shriek Shack build. But for the most part this reboot has been something else I really love this theme.

I did say the figures measured up to previous years, I have no complaints about the figures in 2021. They were amazing as always. It’s the builds I had an issue with. They’re completely inaccurate and ugly, and the building style is almost 4+ level

16 hours ago, Flixter said:

Aaand I’m upset now. Why? Grey roofs were more accurate the light green accenting was nice but full on green roofs are inaccurate and only charming if you view them through a lens of giving homage to the original theme.

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I did say the figures measured up to previous years, I have no complaints about the figures in 2021. They were amazing as always. It’s the builds I had an issue with. They’re completely inaccurate and ugly, and the building style is almost 4+ level

my mistake, its good you see how well done the figures were. I have mixed feelings on 2021 but if the building style is set to continue I think this year will age poorly in my head as I find it a nuisance that I’n going to want to modify all the roofs it feels like a chore of a project to modify all those sets because I want them to mirror the older style. It’s just not flattering.

Has anybody done a complete 180 of opinion on any HP sets, either positive or negative? Harry and Hermione were on major sale so I caved, and I gotta say, I thought they were so dumb and a waste of a spot on reveal, but wow they are so much cooler than I expected! I absolutely love them and really hope they make Ron to complete the trio (my only remaining complaint)

3 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

Has anybody done a complete 180 of opinion on any HP sets, either positive or negative? Harry and Hermione were on major sale so I caved, and I gotta say, I thought they were so dumb and a waste of a spot on reveal, but wow they are so much cooler than I expected! I absolutely love them and really hope they make Ron to complete the trio (my only remaining complaint)

The Fawkes set did nothing for me since I'm only interested in minifigure sets in general, but having gotten it I actually find it wonderful and I love how poseable the head is.

As far as the other direction, I was thrilled with the 2001 and 2002 sets at the time, but in hindsight I've got to say I find the Hogwarts sets from those first years pretty awful! And it's not that I now dislike all sets from those years, as I still find some sets from other themes around then to be spectacular.

It seems that today we may get official reveal of Hogwarts Trunk! Honestly one of my most anticipated sets and I'm really curious about it.

P.S. set number is 76399. I think it's correct because on Brickset it's listed under this number

54 minutes ago, Flixter said:

It seems that today we may get official reveal of Hogwarts Trunk! Honestly one of my most anticipated sets and I'm really curious about it.

P.S. set number is 76399. I think it's correct because on Brickset it's listed under this number

*huh*
It must be the official reveal yes, because the leaks have more or less dried up now :tongue:
However people say a lot of sets are being revealed all the time without it happening, so I am not holding my breath for any of them :sceptic:

27 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

*huh*
It must be the official reveal yes, because the leaks have more or less dried up now :tongue:
However people say a lot of sets are being revealed all the time without it happening, so I am not holding my breath for any of them :sceptic:

Sets are always revealed in like 15 hours once they're added to instruction page. And now it's official, when you type 76399 you can see the name of the set and very small part of the description

So yes, reveal is today in 6 and a half hours

Edited by Flixter

I've seen some confusion with the set numbers - they start with 76, not 75 this year.

So yeah, at least one set reveal in 6 hours and 16 minutes. I wouldn't expect more since the suitcase is the only one they've listed.

I thought all four of the sets were scheduled for March, but apparently not if the trunk gets revealed today :wacko:

And of course they start with the least interesting one, at least minifig-wise :tongue: I won’t complain though, after this drought we’re in desperate need of some juicy reveals

Hello everyone,

Will there be any other sets than the suitcase and the 3 other small sets planned for the coming months ? (early 22 or end 21)

I find it very light, there is only one "real" set, the hospital wing, in the 4 ..

Finally, there are rumors about a possible very large set like the 75978 or 71043 ?

Regards, love to read you here.

5 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

Hello everyone,

Will there be any other sets than the suitcase and the 3 other small sets planned for the coming months ? (early 22 or end 21)

I find it very light, there is only one "real" set, the hospital wing, in the 4 ..

Finally, there are rumors about a possible very large set like the 75978 or 71043 ?

Regards, love to read you here.

The January or March wave consists of 4 sets (2 Hogwarts Moments, Hospital Wing and the Suitcase).

There will be a Summer wave (most likely June), which will be bigger than the Winter one, and it will have more regular sets (like the Hospital Wing).

There are no rumours about a D2C for next year.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The January or March wave consists of 4 sets (2 Hogwarts Moments, Hospital Wing and the Suitcase).

There will be a Summer wave (most likely June), which will be bigger than the Winter one, and it will have more regular sets (like the Hospital Wing).

There are no rumours about a D2C for next year.

Alright, a little disappointing, no "D2C" and not too many real sets for several months, argh.

Thanks for answer.

One last question but which does not concern Harry Potter (I know that here you are expert in everything, haha).

Do you think there is any hope of seeing LEGO again under the LOTR license?

With the release of the Amazon series next year, they might be able to release some "classics" (like Jurassic Park when Jurassic World is released).

But my question is : Does LEGO still have the license?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I thought all four of the sets were scheduled for March, but apparently not if the trunk gets revealed today :wacko:

They release in March for retailers but it's possible LEGO is giving themselves a 2 month long exclusivity window.

37 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

They had the license until at least 2017 due to LEGO Dimensions but the current status of the license is unknown.

44 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

no "D2C" 

To be fair, that there are no rumours (yet), doesn't mean that there won't be one.

57 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

Alright, a little disappointing, no "D2C" and not too many real sets for several months, argh.

Thanks for answer.

One last question but which does not concern Harry Potter (I know that here you are expert in everything, haha).

Do you think there is any hope of seeing LEGO again under the LOTR license?

With the release of the Amazon series next year, they might be able to release some "classics" (like Jurassic Park when Jurassic World is released).

A D2C could happen, we just don't know. The fact that there are no rumours doesn't mean that it's not happening.

As for LoTR, I think it's definitely possible. Bringing back a beloved theme just like they did in 2018 with Harry Potter (because of FB:CoG releasing) seems like something LEGO could do.

The LoTR series will be huge and REALLY popular, so LEGO would definitely see a business opportunity in this.

As for the license, I have no idea. I don't know if anyone here does.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And of course they start with the least interesting one, at least minifig-wise :tongue: I won’t complain though, after this drought we’re in desperate need of some juicy reveals

Perhaps they all are releasing in January. As I said, they might be doing divided reveal, like with Star Wars

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The LoTR series will be huge and REALLY popular, so LEGO would definitely see a business opportunity in this.

Off-topic, but I’m a bit sceptical towards its potential success. The show currently doesn’t have that much going for it besides the name. Not even a single well-known actor to draw in general audiences (unlike GoT and WoT) and the story will not be based on any narrative material written by Tolkien himself :shrug_oh_well: And at that ludricous budget, Amazon Primes needs millions of new subscribers to make up for the cost

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They release in March for retailers but it's possible LEGO is giving themselves a 2 month long exclusivity window.

Good point, let’s hope that’s the case :thumbup: We’ll know once the trunk set gets added to s@h this afternoon

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

HOGWARTS TRUNK GOT REVEALED AT LEGO'S INSTA

Oh God it's so Amazing

I really love it and I'm glad they included outside robes

Honestly I never expected anything like that, I expected something like Newt's suitcase but it's so much better. I didn't plan to buy anything from HP next year because of MK but I guess I'll have to lol

Fair play these is some excellent stuff there! Sticker heavy but such a nice concept and figures look great! 

New flying owl colour too will impress some :D

Edited by Seaber