Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe we need to apply reverse psychology here and should start asking for things we don‘t want :tongue: *ahem* Dear TLG, please give us plenty of sets based on the vastly underrepresented PS/CoS, dozens of boring students, a whole onslaught of remakes, no DH stuff, and as many brick-built objects as possible. Oh, and no Gringotts please, nobody wants that. 

I think I just created a horcrux by writing that

USC Dobby's Sock For the Win. 

This from LEGO' s Facebook page:

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone film, people visiting the trolley through the wall at the Harry Potter Shop at Platform 9 ¾, King’s Cross Station today, 17th November, will receive a free LEGO Harry Potter gift [while stock lasts]! #20yearsofmoviemagic Harry Potter On Location

London with the special treatment again :laugh: Wonder what it is. Probably a minifigure, polybag or a buildable Snitch.

For the record I think this is the third exclusive freebie London has got recently. Visitors to the Cursed Child got a Yule Ball Harry minifig on their seat I think for a couple of shows, the other week the "find the Ford Anglia challenge" had the car literally located in London and now this. It's all just fluffy stuff that I don't need but it's still somewhat annoying to get your hopes up each time you see a new post

I‘ve just looked up when this year‘s March sets were revealed and it was in early December, which makes sense. After all, March releases are usually featured in the consumer catalogues, which start appearing by then :classic: 

We can thus expect to see the sets in roughly three weeks. Factory leaks before that are highly unlikely, but it‘s not like there‘s much to leak in that regard anyway :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, at least we won't have to wait 2 months longer for the leaks...

Yeah, 3 weeks ain‘t too bad :classic: What I‘m more concerned about is the 2HY releases. Sure, the sets themselves would only get delayed by two months or so if the shift in schedule ends up affecting them, but the set lists could well be delayed by four months :hmpf:

This drought of information would just be free real estate for all the sneaky little Hobbitses out there :enough: At least they‘d be easy to call out as we already know what we‘re not getting next year :tongue:

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This drought of information would just be free real estate for all the sneaky little Hobbitses out there :enough: At least they‘d be easy to call out as we already know what we‘re not getting next year :tongue:

But we're still getting Dobby's Sock, though, right? I couldn't help noticing that we don't even have a stocking in the AC this year, so surely they're trying to generate some excitement for the official sock set. Keeping us lean to keep us keen and all that... :laugh: 

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, 3 weeks ain‘t too bad :classic: What I‘m more concerned about is the 2HY releases. Sure, the sets themselves would only get delayed by two months or so if the shift in schedule ends up affecting them, but the set lists could well be delayed by four months :hmpf:

I feel like for now we have no reason to worry about 2HY sets' release date tbh. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I feel like for now we have no reason to worry about 2HY sets' release date tbh. We'll see.

Yeah, maybe I‘m overthinking this. It‘s just that 3 months between waves feels a little close :sceptic: 

Any word on what color books we can expect the new Hogwarts moments to be? I love the blue of the charms class and was wondering if we expect any colors for the Hogwarts moments coming up.

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

One is purple and the other one is black :classic:

Oh amazing! Mind me asking the source for this info? I’d love both colors to be made, also think the figure selection is slightly better than some of the existing ones.

Edited by cosmic

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Oh amazing! Mind me asking the source for this info?

Not at all: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-q1-2022/

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’d love both colors to be made, also think the figure selection is slightly better than some of the existing ones.

I’d say the minifig selection is on par with the other Moments sets. A main character, a semi-random student, and a variant of a teacher we’ve had before :shrug_oh_well: McGonagall sure was an upgrade, but the same can hardly be said about Moody and Trelawney. Sure, we haven’t actually seen them yet, but regular minifigs simply cannot compete with what a CMF budget enables the designers to accomplish :snicker:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ninjago and Creator both got similar size waves last March and still got full wave releases in June so it's more than possible if they still want to release them in June again, I guess we'll just have to wait and see but I hope it's June as not too intrested in the March wave...

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘ve just looked up when this year‘s March sets were revealed and it was in early December, which makes sense. After all, March releases are usually featured in the consumer catalogues, which start appearing by then :classic: 

We can thus expect to see the sets in roughly three weeks. Factory leaks before that are highly unlikely, but it‘s not like there‘s much to leak in that regard anyway :tongue:

Ya I feel that these Harry Potter sets will likely be featured in a early January- March Lego Catalog. I was just thinking that the sets should be revealed by the end of the year, it sucks that these sets won't release until March. I think that the summer sets should still release in June, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Does the delay impact your decision on what you're going to purchase in January? Who is going to wait and save their money for March on Harry Potter?

I'm thinking about getting the Wolverine Mech, because I've always wanted a Lego Wolverine. He's definitely my favorite X-Men, that's the only thing I'm getting for January. The rest of my money is going toward Harry Potter

Edited by Flaming Bricks

On 11/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

We did, namely the CMF variant :tongue: Since CMF prints are no longer exclusive to them, I expect that faceprint to show up for future minifigs of hers as well :thumbup:

colhp34.png

I think it’s easily the best faceprint we have for her thus far. People seem to like the 2010 one, but both expressions are too exaggerated for my liking and the scared one is only appropriate for one scene really :laugh_hard: This one captures Carter’s portrayal far better IMO

I haven’t answered this and honestly it took me a while to gather my thoughts on this response. To each his own, but I respectfully disagree. In the scene where Bellatrix was in her prisoner outfit, she had no makeup. This figure works for that scene since it also has no makeup. But for the bulk of the franchise and in many of her best scenes Belltratrix had her red lipstick on. Adding to that, you said the first figure’s expression is too much for you, but her character was quite grand. She laughed hysterically at many times, and had a vicious smirk or maniacally worried expression at times. She was very expressive and this smirk with no lipstick does this scene in particular that the prisoner fig is based off justice, but is not, at least in my opinion, representative of her character throughout the films. Her 2010 figure with dark makeup and a hysterically mean looking laugh is I think a perfect take on the character and I am quite sad to see Lego hasn’t been able to recapture that essence in this reboot.

some other opinions I have that may be unpopular is they never really got Molly Weasley right. 2010 fig was the closest but the attention to detail was slightly off in the skirt and shirt prints. The new fig would have been perfect if it kept the old hair and printed the dress slope with her skirt print. I also think the face used on the Ginny fig in the burrow sucked.

Really excited to see how Trelawney gets made. The Hogwarts moments Mcgonogall is better than any other version, but the Hogwarts Moments Professor Sprout is different, not quite bad, in my opinion not as good but generally just different to the cmf version while Snape is the same as older sets. Seeing as Sprout was also previously a cmf, I can use her release to assume Trelawney will stil be a good fig, possibly even reusing the mold her cmf fig introduced, but some change can be expected. Possibly an w green slope for a dress to keep the cmf printing exclusive, or maybe even a fig of her brown coat outfit. Interested to see how she turns out.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Really excited to see how Trelawney gets made. The Hogwarts moments Mcgonogall is better than any other version, but the Hogwarts Moments Professor Sprout is different, not quite bad, in my opinion not as good but generally just different to the cmf version while Snape is the same as older sets. Seeing as Sprout was also previously a cmf, I can use her release to assume Trelawney will stil be a good fig, possibly even reusing the mold her cmf fig introduced, but some change can be expected. Possibly an w green slope for a dress to keep the cmf printing exclusive, or maybe even a fig of her brown coat outfit. Interested to see how she turns out.

The new Trelawney will have legs so she can sit in her chair. The Moment Snape was a little different to the 2018+ Snape, he has a collar, but the change was so trivial it was disappointing. 

Amy Corbett's latest Instagram post made me remember LEGO's employee-only holiday gift sets are usually based on some kind of milestone within the company, in 2019 they went with Star Wars' 20th anniversary. We obviously won't know until an employee posts a picture of his/her set but there's definitely a possibility of it being based on the Potter or Ninjago anniversaries.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

Amy Corbett's latest Instagram post made me remember LEGO's employee-only holiday gift sets are usually based on some kind of milestone within the company, in 2019 they went with Star Wars' 20th anniversary. We obviously won't know until an employee posts a picture of his/her set but there's definitely a possibility of it being based on the Potter or Ninjago anniversaries.

Watch it be a Deathly Hallow's themed set... :snicker:

38 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Watch it be a Deathly Hallow's themed set... :snicker:

Or a smaller scale version of the fabled UCS Dobby's Sock!

...maybe even the knife that killed my least favorite character (Dobby) will be included too, as it's Deathly Hallows related? Get both ends (kinda) of the series in one set, like a pair of bookends!

(Sorry to all the Dobby fans out there: I've hated him more than Jar Jar Binks since 2002... and I was in the target age range of less than 10 for both of them at that time.)

Edited by Murdoch17

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Or a smaller scale version of the fabled UCS Dobby's Sock!

They might do this, as a teaser for the first $1000 set that claims it's rightful place as the largest set by size, piece count, and price.

UCS: Dobby's Sock*

*(Dobby minifigure sold separately)

Has there been any word about the Hogwarts Express retiring? I know most of the 2018 wave is either already gone or on its way out, but I haven't heard much about the train.

6 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Has there been any word about the Hogwarts Express retiring? I know most of the 2018 wave is either already gone or on its way out, but I haven't heard much about the train.

The Hogwarts Express is currently not rumoured to retire until the end of next year. :classic:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/the-full-list-of-lego-harry-potter-sets-retiring-in-2021-and-beyond/

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The Hogwarts Express is currently not rumoured to retire until the end of next year. :classic:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/the-full-list-of-lego-harry-potter-sets-retiring-in-2021-and-beyond/

Which is good, since it reduces the risk of a remake for another year at least :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which is good, since it reduces the risk of a remake for another year at least :laugh:

Exactly. Although, I wouldn't mind a remake if the train and carriage builds stayed exactly the same and the only thing different was that you get the Hogsmeade platform and new figures. Now that would allow for adding extra carriages to the current set with the front train and coal tender being the only duplication. But I doubt they would make it that easy. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

[…] the only thing different was that you get the Hogsmeade platform and new figures.

Not sure what “new” figures we could expect here, unless they got really creative and included a Hogsmeade resident like Aberforth :tongue: That’s why I prefer remakes that actually have some minifig/creature potential, like PS Hagrid’s Hut for instance :grin: