Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Thanks for the heads up! I got the charms set from Target in discount and am slightly annoyed I forgot to purchase the herbology class and even if its just a $6 mark down a part of me wonders if I should use this opportunity to complete all 4 books?

I love the set I actually really like the book aesthetic but I’m annoyed my set didn’t come with one of the correct pieces so a connection for one of the side builds is really flimsy, but on the bright side I got a head piece for Fin that I ended up using for one of the Mandalorians in the Mandolorian battle pack. Still not fun missing a piece for a set but convenient wrong piece to be sent.

(emphasis mine) I'm really enjoying the Moment sets, too, and have them permanently on my desk, my mini Hogwarts at my fingertips. (Love that! :wub:

I've been able to snag them for 30% off, but you need to know your local market, and it depends how you feel about risk, I guess. (25% off sounds pretty good to me, too.) Potions and Transfiguration are expected to stick around, but there aren't any guarantees as to how long. If you think about it, though, it would make sense that they would. There's no Snape in the rest of the 2021 line, and McGonagall only appears in the Hogsmeade set, so she's not part of the castle if that's where your focus lies. There are also no Draco (or Slytherin uniforms), Hermione or Ron in the Chamber of Secrets set, all five of whom are stalwarts of the series (and even Seamus from Potions isn't a repeat in that constellation). 

Now Hermione and Ron appear in enough other sets that Transifg's future seems less certain (particularly as they were with Harry in Fluffy Encounter, the Polyjuice Potion Mistake, the GWP/polybag, *and* the chess set, where the trio were basically the only minifigs (ignoring the golden anniversary ones, and the alts from PPM notwithstanding) which was both repetitive and over-saturation for a single year), but you literally can't re-create either duel from the duelling club scene with CoS's Lockhart and Justin Finch-Fletchley with the 2021 line without using the Potions Moment set. So until the summer sets give us a Snape and Draco, at the very least, I'd expect Potions to stick around. Plus it probably doesn't hurt chances that they're continuing the Moment series this winter with DADA and Divination. :shrug_oh_well:

You can contact lego's customer service and they'll send you missing parts, btw. :classic: They're really good about that. 

Some of the Marvel sets have just been revealed, so it can’t take too long before we get to see the HP stuff :classic: …if the January release date is actually correct, that is.

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Some of the Marvel sets have just been revealed, so it can’t take too long before we get to see the HP stuff :classic: …if the January release date is actually correct, that is.

Fingers crossed!!

Just got round to building the Chess set. Harry and Hermione in their jumpers are gosh darn adorable, love them. Harry in particular is one of my fav minifigures from this year. From Fluffys encounter, the GWP and now this, I have 8 of the 16 chocolate frog cards and 1 double of Flamel, not bad but expecting my luck to change when I get the remainder of the sets from this year. The chess pieces are great how they capture the look of the pieces from the films. The queen grasping the sword is my fav.

It's a nice set and looks better in person, however a few gripes. Wish the base was slightly larger and heavier, personal preference though. The pieces slip around a bit too, but having jumper plates would probably mess up the smooth aesthetic of the chess board. I really wish each tile was maybe a stud or two larger each way, I was inadvertently knocking over other pieces when leaning over the board. But then the board would be really big. So yeah, "gripes" but I can see why they were designed the way they were.

Really minor gripes though. Makes a good display piece and I've learned how to play chess! Result!

Edited by drewdotexe

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The January 2021 Moments were revealed on Monday 16th November 2020 whereas the Marvel sets were revealed a couple of days later so I'd hope we'd get something this week. 

Do we even have a rumor list for next years winter wave? Feel like I’ve heard nothing. Also unsure if I should get all the Hogwarts moments now, is it likely they’ll all discount again ever? In the states if that means anything

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Do we even have a rumor list for next years winter wave? Feel like I’ve heard nothing. Also unsure if I should get all the Hogwarts moments now, is it likely they’ll all discount again ever? In the states if that means anything

Supposed rumors for Winter Wave 2022. 4 sets coming out (Most ever since relaunch in 2018) 

• 75396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination classroom. Includes  297 pieces for 30 EUR with Trelawney, Harry and one of the Patil twins
  • 75396 Hogwarts Moment: DADA classroom. Includes 257 pieces for 30 Euros with Moody, Hermione and a traumatised Neville 
  • 75398 the Hogwarts Infirmary. Includes 510 pieces for 40 Euros - 2021 Modular-style
  • 75399 Hogwarts Suitcase. Includes 603 pieces for 50 Euros

4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Supposed rumors for Winter Wave 2022. 4 sets coming out (Most ever since relaunch in 2018) 

Not sure what you mean with "Most ever since relaunch in 2018"? Last year also had 4 sets in the Winter wave (5 if you count the Art set).

7 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

• 75396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination classroom. Includes  297 pieces for 30 EUR with Trelawney, Harry and one of the Patil twins
  • 75396 Hogwarts Moment: DADA classroom. Includes 257 pieces for 30 Euros with Moody, Hermione and a traumatised Neville 
  • 75398 the Hogwarts Infirmary. Includes 510 pieces for 40 Euros - 2021 Modular-style
  • 75399 Hogwarts Suitcase. Includes 603 pieces for 50 Euros

Looks like we're not doing so good on house variety this time round :( 

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Looks like we're not doing so good on house variety this time round :( 

I'm hoping the suitcase / trunk contains parts that might address that? I found it difficult to understand what they meant about the customisation, more along the lines of different sigfigs with hair / skin / face variants like in the build your own brickheadz or a variety of torsos to represent the different houses? At some point it sounds more like a collection of minifigs...

Most of the european retailers have the sets listed for March release so unless they are a Lego exclusive for the first 3 months from January 1st it's likely we won't be seeing these release until March 1st... I hope I'm proved wrong though :head_back:

25 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Most of the european retailers have the sets listed for March release so unless they are a Lego exclusive for the first 3 months from January 1st it's likely we won't be seeing these release until March 1st... I hope I'm proved wrong though :head_back:

Well, **** :sad: So this means the “reveal season” (?) is basically already over for me because I don’t really care about the non-licensed themes. I’ll go hibernate, wake me up when the March stuff gets revealed :tongue:

Edit: This also explains the lack of minifig leaks. Maybe we get lucky and some of them leak in December?

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Doesn't have anything to do with LEGO but considering we're all big Harry Potter fans here I still think it's relevant enough to mention that HBO Max just announced Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts, a reunion special, is coming to the streaming service on January 1st 2022. We don't really know what it's going to be yet but the following cast/crew members have been announced to appear with more to come: 

- Daniel Radcliffe
- Emma Watson
- Rupert Grint 
- Helena Bonham Carter
- Robbie Coltrane
- Ralph Fiennes
- Gary Oldman
- Imelda Staunton
- Tom Felton
- James Phelps
- Oliver Phelps
- Mark Williams
- Bonnie Wright
- Alfred Enoch
- Matthew Lewis
- Evanna Lynch
- Chris Columbus 

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait :excited: Particularly surprised and stoked to see Carter, Fiennes and Oldman returning for this *oh2*

48 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, I wonder what this means for the 2HY wave. Can we still expect it in June? Seems rather close to the 1HY one to me :sceptic:

There is no 2HY wave, these 4 sets are all we're getting this year :devil_laugh: :sarcasm:

Promobricks have updated their info and now also confirm that the release date is March 1st, so no pics anytime soon :hmpf_bad: Hoping for leaks around Christmas then

Since both Promobricks and Stone Wads have it as a March release, it's all but confirmed now...

That is certainly disappointing, and it's quite a weird thing to do. You have a 9-month gap between June 1st and March 1st, and just a 3-month gap between March 1st and June 1st... 

If they've decided to make a separate Winter wave, then why release it just 3 months before the Summer sets?

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they've decided to make a separate Winter wave, then why release it just 3 months before the Summer sets?

Bold of you to assume the 2HY sets still get released in June as usual :tongue: I‘m afraid this means they might be released later as well, e.g. in August, which would also mean we wouldn‘t get to see the set list until May or so :sadnew: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

For those in the UK, Argos has a 20% sale on LEGO Harry Potter.

Limited stock of Knight Bus and Hagrids Hut left, probably depends on location too. Quite a few other older sets on there too.

Regarding the new release date of the sets, not letting it affect me because next year I won't be buying anything until/if the GWP drops. Not making the same mistake as I did this year :laugh:

Edited by drewdotexe

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m afraid this means they might be released later as well

That's what I thought when first reading about the new date release: no more January-June, but March-September releases.

This would mean a lot more time until we'll heard something about the new wave :hmpf_bad:

This would suck BIG time. A release later than June would mean we wouldn‘t hear about the sets for at least half a year from now, neither at the toy fairs nor from the 2HY catalogues :sad: The March sets aren‘t much of a consolation either :tongue:

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, I wonder what this means for the 2HY wave. Can we still expect it in June? Seems rather close to the 1HY one to me :sceptic:

Only Hogwarts Icons part 2 as a D2C right? Isn't that what everyones been asking for :wink:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Bold of you to assume the 2HY sets still get released in June as usual :tongue: I‘m afraid this means they might be released later as well, e.g. in August, which would also mean we wouldn‘t get to see the set list until May or so :sadnew: 

That was my reaction, too. :sceptic: Do we have any idea how the global supply chain issues are impacting lego's production? I know a lot of the sets often seem to be more difficult to get in the US, which I assumed was part of the reason the Great Hall's run was extended last year to run through this past summer. 

23 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Only Hogwarts Icons part 2 as a D2C right? Isn't that what everyones been asking for :wink:

Maybe we need to apply reverse psychology here and should start asking for things we don‘t want :tongue: *ahem* Dear TLG, please give us plenty of sets based on the vastly underrepresented PS/CoS, dozens of boring students, a whole onslaught of remakes, no DH stuff, and as many brick-built objects as possible. Oh, and no Gringotts please, nobody wants that. 

I think I just created a horcrux by writing that