Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

According to Promo Bricks ' there will probably be a student and a teacher in the set, who you can also adapt to your wishes with different torso and legs'.

Interesting, that could actually make for a rather unique set 

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Interesting, that could actually make for a rather unique set 

Meh. I’d rather get minifigs representing actual characters than what’s essentially a real-life character creator, at least from the looks of it :tongue:

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay that's interesting. I used Google translate for trunk and it told me a completely different word, so I assumed that they really did mean to use the word for suitcase or they would have used the more specific word for trunk. Just shows how language can be misconstrued.

Fun fact: When you use Google translate for two languages which aren't English, it will translate the word through English. Example: When you enter the word "filiaal" which means branch of a store into Google translate and translate that to Polish you will get "gałąź" which means branch of a tree. So yeah...

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Fun fact: When you use Google translate for two languages which aren't English, it will translate the word through English. Example: When you enter the word "filiaal" which means branch of a store into Google translate and translate that to Polish you will get "gałąź" which means branch of a tree. So yeah...

You learn something new everyday. :laugh: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Meh. I’d rather get minifigs representing actual characters than what’s essentially a real-life character creator, at least from the looks of it :tongue:

Same here. 

Personally, i don’t want another Iconic Object set. 

Kind of bummed the best mcgonagall figure came in one of those story time sets. I have absolutely no use for those pop up books. Really hoping that superior mcgonagall makes her way into a more useful set sometime in the near future. Also hope we get a better Bellatrix figure in this line eventually as well. 

And of course Gringotts Bank would be lovely to get to add to the Diagon Alley. But other than a few desires this reboot has scratched so many possible itches lol Trelawney has become one of my favorite figures ever. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Kind of bummed the best mcgonagall figure came in one of those story time sets. I have absolutely no use for those pop up books. 

Personally I got the Hogsmeade set, which is a different but still very good outfit, and bought the hat-hair combo on Bricks & Pieces. This wouldn't work for everyone, but satisfied me over Bricklinking another whole McGonagall or buying the book set.

I'd say as far as incentivizing the purchase of a set through minifigures, exclusive variants is the most consumer-friendly way to go. LEGO wouldn't want to add nothing exclusive to these sets, but exclusive variants are far better than exclusive characters because they are easier to skip.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Kind of bummed the best mcgonagall figure came in one of those story time sets. I have absolutely no use for those pop up books.

That variant is pretty cheap on Bricklink.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I got the Hogsmeade set, which is a different but still very good outfit, and bought the hat-hair combo on Bricks & Pieces. This wouldn't work for everyone, but satisfied me over Bricklinking another whole McGonagall or buying the book set.

I have both (Moments McGonagall through BL) but really prefer the Hogsmeade version, it just looks so much more interesting.

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, but it'll be nice getting all of the house torsos in one set 

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

Also hope we get a better Bellatrix figure in this line eventually as well. 

We did, namely the CMF variant :tongue: Since CMF prints are no longer exclusive to them, I expect that faceprint to show up for future minifigs of hers as well :thumbup:

colhp34.png

I think it’s easily the best faceprint we have for her thus far. People seem to like the 2010 one, but both expressions are too exaggerated for my liking and the scared one is only appropriate for one scene really :laugh_hard: This one captures Carter’s portrayal far better IMO

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We did, namely the CMF variant :tongue: Since CMF prints are no longer exclusive to them, I expect that faceprint to show up for future minifigs of hers as well :thumbup:

I think it’s easily the best faceprint we have for her thus far. People seem to like the 2010 one, but both expressions are too exaggerated for my liking and the scared one is only appropriate for one scene really :laugh_hard: This one captures Carter’s portrayal far better IMO

I just bought her CMF head on BrickLink and added it to the Burrow Bellatrix. I also managed to pick up the 2010 skirt piece by itself, for some reason someone was selling it seperate for marginally less!

Quidditch activity book with Cedric Diggory is officially out in the UK, Amazon just dropped off my order. It's... Cedric on the Hufflepuff quidditch body! Nothing new here, really.

The book itself is fine, lots of random Hogwarts Quidditch players made up of various heads and hairpieces. Ron has a page about him with Lavender cheering him on, his design is from the 2018 Quidditch set so it's not been updated or anything like that. Ginny shows up with the same design too.

Cheap way to pick up Hufflepuff quidditch torsos, I've got the book on my Amazon and will wait for it to inevitably sink in price and pick up another six to flesh out my team.

Edited by drewdotexe

On 11/10/2021 at 10:49 PM, Clone OPatra said:

I'd say as far as incentivizing the purchase of a set through minifigures, exclusive variants is the most consumer-friendly way to go. LEGO wouldn't want to add nothing exclusive to these sets, but exclusive variants are far better than exclusive characters because they are easier to skip.

I have not been able to find that piece on bricks and pieces. On that note I wonder if I’m doing something wrong because people post hauls of large and various types of pieces and I can never seem to find the useful parts I’m looking for. I never have luck using part numbers or even titles and as I use that function I get tired of flipping pages for so long. I really don’t know how everyone finds these piece.

If I can manage to find that one piece, I do believe i am likely to get the Hogsmeade set eventually (but would rather get it on discount) and that figure is perfect simply missing that hat hair combo which is perfection.

It is worth mentioning however that I’m coming around to those pop up books. The silhouette of a book in Lego is quite charming and the fact that I can open them up to display a scene then stack the components together to fold into 4 books that when arranged together make it look like I have a bookshelf of Lego, its quite tempting honestly. Part of me thinks I may pick the 4 up eventually. Can see myself caving I am very impressed by the Harry Potter collection I think I’m set to pick up most of these builds eventually.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:36 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don’t forget that English has so many homographs it’s almost laughable :laugh_hard: “Trunk” for instance has at least four meanings: tree stump, large suitcase/chest, torso, or storage room of a car. Maybe the translation you found referred to one of the other meanings :shrug_oh_well:

And then there's the elephants' appendage. It was even a new part this summer. Element ID: 6346331

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

It is worth mentioning however that I’m coming around to those pop up books. The silhouette of a book in Lego is quite charming and the fact that I can open them up to display a scene then stack the components together to fold into 4 books that when arranged together make it look like I have a bookshelf of Lego, its quite tempting honestly. Part of me thinks I may pick the 4 up eventually. Can see myself caving I am very impressed by the Harry Potter collection I think I’m set to pick up most of these builds eventually.

The Charms and Herbology Hogwarts Moment sets are slated to go EOL this year. Pick those two up sooner rather than later or you'll see their price jump. 

Where are leaks for the winter wave? I am bored, it is almost mid november and we didn’t get a single minifigure leaked :DDD

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Where are leaks for the winter wave? I am bored, it is almost mid november and we didn’t get a single minifigure leaked :DDD

Good question. So far, only three minifigs have leaked in total across all themes (Hoth Scout Trooper, Monkie Kid henchman guy, and now Sonic). Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the sets get officially revealed before we see even a single HP minifig leak :grin: 

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good question. So far, only three minifigs have leaked in total across all themes (Hoth Scout Trooper, Monkie Kid henchman guy, and now Sonic). Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the sets get officially revealed before we see even a single HP minifig leak :grin: 

They did hire someone at Lego last year to clamp down on leaks. I suspect this is why there is fewer leaks. 

50 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

They did hire someone at Lego last year to clamp down on leaks. I suspect this is why there is fewer leaks. 

If it was last year that doesn’t rly explain why we have no leaks now as at the start of the year and during the summer we had a ton of leaks.

Edited by Textorix

19 minutes ago, Textorix said:

If it was last year that doesn’t rly explain why we have no leaks now as at the start of the year and during the summer we had a ton of leaks.

Took them a while to acclimate? :shrug_oh_well:

It was in September and it is a hole team:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-hiring-confidentiality-director-leaks/

Anyway they have been working against leaks for many years and and my feeling is that we got a lot more leaks a few years ago compared to the most recent years. They often happened earlier as well I think, now leaks happen a lot of the time say under 24 hours before the reveal and are not very useful :shrug_oh_well:

14 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

That amazing Gringotts MOC on Reddit has been finished. Stunning work.

I hope TLG takes note & makes their own version; that looks incredible!

Either a £130-ish playset version with just Gringotts and a single underground chamber, or a £200+ D2C with more detail as a minifig-scale display piece like Diagon Alley.

I know one of the designers said they weren't doing Deathly Hallows stuff, but I hope that's just Lego's usual secrecy about upcoming waves. Even if they were telling the truth, I hope this MOC shows them the error of their ways!

So we've now seen the CMF Snow Warrior with what Promobricks called a "Durmstrang-like hat"...... I don't see the resemblance, not even a little bit. Fingers crossed this mold doesn't get reused if/when LEGO decides to tackle the Durmstrang students and Karkaroff.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

So we've now seen the CMF Snow Warrior with what Promobricks called a "Durmstrang-like hat"...... I don't see the resemblance, not even a little bit. Fingers crossed this mold doesn't get reused if/when LEGO decides to tackle the Durmstrang students and Karkaroff.

Well it does resemble the hats from the Durmstrang set, but the hats seen in the film look more like ushankas with the flaps up. We’ve got the mould with flaps down.

On 11/13/2021 at 1:07 AM, krimimimi said:

And then there's the elephants' appendage. It was even a new part this summer. Element ID: 6346331

The Charms and Herbology Hogwarts Moment sets are slated to go EOL this year. Pick those two up sooner rather than later or you'll see their price jump. 

Thanks for the heads up! I got the charms set from Target in discount and am slightly annoyed I forgot to purchase the herbology class and even if its just a $6 mark down a part of me wonders if I should use this opportunity to complete all 4 books?

I love the set I actually really like the book aesthetic but I’m annoyed my set didn’t come with one of the correct pieces so a connection for one of the side builds is really flimsy, but on the bright side I got a head piece for Fin that I ended up using for one of the Mandalorians in the Mandolorian battle pack. Still not fun missing a piece for a set but convenient wrong piece to be sent.