Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Stupid question, I'm sure, but if anyone is playing the Mystery Hunt at home, once you answer the questions (and if you can't, I'm not sure we can continue interacting... :laugh:) it says:

You've found the LEGO Ford Anglia! See a member of our team for your reward.

Or did you get something else? Because that hardly seems the proper play-at-home result... (Although it probably doesn't help that my screen is too small and truncated things.) 

I was at a bit of a loss what to do next (particularly when none of their team members apparated into our home, but then I may have forgotten to lower the wards) and I finally used the form for when all else fails. (See menu, "Having issues?" at the bottom of that menu point there's a button "enter competition") Just so you know that's an option. :classic:

16 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Stupid question, I'm sure, but if anyone is playing the Mystery Hunt at home, once you answer the questions (and if you can't, I'm not sure we can continue interacting... :laugh:) it says:

Or did you get something else? Because that hardly seems the proper play-at-home result... (Although it probably doesn't help that my screen is too small and truncated things.) 

I was at a bit of a loss what to do next (particularly when none of their team members apparated into our home, but then I may have forgotten to lower the wards) and I finally used the form for when all else fails. (See menu, "Having issues?" at the bottom of that menu point there's a button "enter competition") Just so you know that's an option. :classic:

I tapped it and it said "You've found the LEGO Ford Anglia car! Why not go see it in real life? Here is the address that it can be found at: The National Maritime Museum Gardens, London, SE10 9NF"

Then a button to enter the competition to win tickets. Then something else about building a Golden Snitch in store but I tapped before it loaded and the whole thing restarted.

Then I found the FAQ that lets you enter the competiton seemingly an unlimited amount of times. :sceptic: And then I got the same message that you got about claiming your reward.

Nice one LEGO!

Cba clearing my cache to do the whole thing again. Imagine going out for the day in Edinburgh and Cardiff to find out the actual car is in London. I'd be pretty annoyed, kind of glad they just left my county out of it :laugh: low-effort crap

For those not doing the comp, you get the chance to unlock 'exclusive content' and win tickets to the Studio Tour, the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition and a bundle of LEGO Harry Potter prizes.

The at home experience is AR based (think Pokemon Go). Spell trails zoomed around my bedroom and I had to answer basic questions about Harry Potter. Then the whole thing glitched at the end. Don't think anyone playtested this.

Edited by drewdotexe

23 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I tapped it and it said "You've found the LEGO Ford Anglia car! Why not go see it in real life? ]...]

Then a button to enter the competition to win tickets. Then something else about building a Golden Snitch in store but I tapped before it loaded and the whole thing restarted.

[...] Imagine going out for the day in Edinburgh and Cardiff to find out the actual car is in London. I'd be pretty annoyed, kind of glad they just left my county out of it :laugh: low-effort crap

For those not doing the comp, you get the chance to unlock 'exclusive content' and win tickets to the Studio Tour, the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition and a bundle of LEGO Harry Potter prizes.

The at home experience is AR based (think Pokemon Go). Spell trails zoomed around my bedroom and I had to answer basic questions about Harry Potter. Then the whole thing glitched at the end. Don't think anyone playtested this.

Yeah, I got "View it on the Map" or "Back" neither of which yielded the end result I was expecting. ("See a team member", which came next for me, was highly unexpected.) No button to win tickets and definitely no building of a Snitch, and not even a trace of the (elusive) exclusive content.   

I'm hoping the in person experience is a better game and makes people feel it was worthwhile. It was definitely glitchy at the end on the at home version.

18 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Yeah, I got "View it on the Map" or "Back" neither of which yielded the end result I was expecting. ("See a team member", which came next for me, was highly unexpected.) No button to win tickets and definitely no building of a Snitch, and not even a trace of the (elusive) exclusive content.   

I'm hoping the in person experience is a better game and makes people feel it was worthwhile. It was definitely glitchy at the end on the at home version.

Yeah if I was on the hunt physically, I hope it's a better experience! 

I only imagine the Golden Snitch stuff is a repeat of the promo that's been doing the rounds where you can go and build the Snitch in-store. I don't understand why LEGO wouldn't align their promos to when their sets release, and even with the other promos? Like, it would have been really fun to do this hunt, go in store and redeem your code for the pieces of the Golden Snitch to build, pick up the Hermione polybag, buy the new sets that just released and grab your Gryffindor Dorm GWP. 

I suppose some lucky people are getting to do all this today and having a great time, and it's genuinely fun for them and that makes me happy! But a large segment of people will have bought the sets when they released, and loads more would have gone to get the GWP in the first few days it released. Not to mention only people in London are actually going to get the full benefit of this thing by being able to go and see the Anglia. Guess they're trying to ride the wave a little longer before Christmas

Edited by drewdotexe

Who has a penguin Patronus? New trans-blue (potentially opalescent) penguin included in a Chinese New Year Festival set.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Who has a penguin Patronus? New trans-blue (potentially opalescent) penguin included in a Chinese New Year Festival set.

No one. In fact it apparently wasn't even a possible result on the Pottermore Patronus quiz. How strange. But it sounds like something they could work into a Frozen set somehow at some point in the future?

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

No one. In fact it apparently wasn't even a possible result on the Pottermore Patronus quiz. How strange. But it sounds like something they could work into a Frozen set somehow at some point in the future?

Since it is a friends penguin that is more likely, they probably used the budget to make the part in that colour and the Chinese new year theme just took advantage of the part being available :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Hiker13 said:

Polyjuice Potion set is $16 at Amazon US.👍

I got it price matched @ Target the other day for the same price.

I don't think any of this year's sets will be better priced than 20% off until after the holidays.  I already had one Polyjuice set but I wanted another and was hoping to find the two frog card tiles I was missing.  No luck with the Polyjuice set on that score but I did find the ones I was missing today.  My local Target has supposedly had the Hermione polybag in stock all of this past week.  First two trips were total strike outs.  Today I found someone putting out stock and asked her if they had them in the back because their website said they had them.  She went to check and came back out with about 3 dozen of them for me to look through.  Was able to finally find Griffyndor & Bertie Botts.  I also grabbed a couple of doubles of a few other ones to try for two complete sets.  I think I only still need one more Griffyndor now and will be able to complete two wall tiles for the two Dorm GWP sets I have if I can find a second of him eventually.

Edited by karrit

Hello everybody,

Thank you all for the information you provide, it's great fun to read you.

I don't participate a lot, but I pass here often.

Do you know when the next "wave" of Harry Potter sets will be released? In 2021 will there be sets or will it be 2022?
Do not tell me that we will have to wait until summer 2022 ....

Thanks for your feedback, and excuse my English.

44 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

Do you know when the next "wave" of Harry Potter sets will be released?

These sets will be releasing in either January or March:

76396 - Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class - Trelawney, Harry, Parvati - € 29.99
76397 - Hogwarts Moment: Defense Against the Dark Arts - Moody, Hermione, Neville - € 29.99
76398 - Hogwarts Hospital Wing - Madam Pomfrey, Harry, Ron, Hermione - € 49.99
76399 - Hogwarts suitcase - € 59.99

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

These sets will be releasing in either January or March:

76396 - Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class - Trelawney, Harry, Parvati - € 29.99
76397 - Hogwarts Moment: Defense Against the Dark Arts - Moody, Hermione, Neville - € 29.99
76398 - Hogwarts Hospital Wing - Madam Pomfrey, Harry, Ron, Hermione - € 49.99
76399 - Hogwarts suitcase - € 59.99

Not much in the way of house variety here which is disappointing. 

Does the suitcase come with any decent figures/minifigure parts or is that unknown still?

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Not much in the way of house variety here which is disappointing. 

Does the suitcase come with any decent figures/minifigure parts or is that unknown still?

According to Promo Bricks ' there will probably be a student and a teacher in the set, who you can also adapt to your wishes with different torso and legs'.

48 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Suitcase? Any idea what it would look like? Is it similiar to Newt’s Suitcase or…?

A trunk would make more sense to me than a suitcase, considering that for Hogwarts students a trunk is a suitcase and that would make for a more wizarding world object. But then Promobricks did use the word for suitcase and not trunk so maybe Lego is just going to reuse the Polly Pocket style idea of either their books or Newt's case to simply create a un-foldable play space for kids that outwardly looks like a suitcase you can decorate with tiles to show your house affiliation. I don't think we do know anymore as yet. Curious ... Very curious.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

But then Promobricks did use the word for suitcase and not trunk […]

In German, “Koffer” can refer to a suitcase or a trunk (plus other types of luggage as well) :laugh: I think we need to wait for pictures before we know what we end up getting 

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In German, “Koffer” can refer to a suitcase or a trunk (plus other types of luggage as well) :laugh: I think we need to wait for pictures before we know what we end up getting 

Okay that's interesting. I used Google translate for trunk and it told me a completely different word, so I assumed that they really did mean to use the word for suitcase or they would have used the more specific word for trunk. Just shows how language can be misconstrued.

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay that's interesting. I used Google translate for trunk and it told me a completely different word, so I assumed that they really did mean to use the word for suitcase or they would have used the more specific word for trunk. Just shows how language can be misconstrued.

Don’t forget that English has so many homographs it’s almost laughable :laugh_hard: “Trunk” for instance has at least four meanings: tree stump, large suitcase/chest, torso, or storage room of a car. Maybe the translation you found referred to one of the other meanings :shrug_oh_well:

Considering the kind of luggage Hogwarts students use, a trunk makes more sense for this set than a suitcase 

I’m sure everyone here already has at least one copy, but Hagrid’s Hut is currently 50% off on Amazon in the US. Honestly Buckbeak alone feels worth that price.

24 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I’m sure everyone here already has at least one copy, but Hagrid’s Hut is currently 50% off on Amazon in the US. Honestly Buckbeak alone feels worth that price.

I didn't buy it yet, was waiting for it to be $35 again so bought it right away. Buckbeak and the pumpkins are great. I very nice fall set.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don’t forget that English has so many homographs it’s almost laughable :laugh_hard: “Trunk” for instance has at least four meanings: tree stump, large suitcase/chest, torso, or storage room of a car. Maybe the translation you found referred to one of the other meanings :shrug_oh_well:

Considering the kind of luggage Hogwarts students use, a trunk makes more sense for this set than a suitcase 

That is true, but then apparently Kofferraum can have more than one meaning, one being boot as in 'car boot', but translate that back to English and we could then be getting a Hogwarts boot set. :laugh: So it's not just English that uses one word to mean several things. 

But I agree, and hope, that it does mean trunk rather than strictly suitcase. We could recreate the whole Moody imprisoned scene. :tongue:

Edited by BacktoBricks

27 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Kofferraum

“Raum” has two meanings: “space”, (but not outer space, that would be “Weltraum” or “Weltall” or just “All”) and “room”. “Kofferraum” however only has one meaning, namely the storage area in a car, so it uses the first meaning of “Raum” :laugh: 

Well, technically, due to how German works (creating new words by joining existing ones) you could create a new meaning by making use of the second meaning of “Raum” and designating a room in your flat to be the one you store all your luggage in and calling it that :tongue: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

50 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

“Raum” has two meanings: “space”, (but not outer space, that would be “Weltraum” or “Weltall” or just “All”) and “room”. “Kofferraum” however only has one meaning, namely the storage area in a car, so it uses the first meaning of “Raum” :laugh: 

Well, technically, due to how German works (creating new words by joining existing ones) you could create a new meaning by making use of the second meaning of “Raum” and designating a room in your flat to be the one you store all your luggage in and calling it that :tongue: 

We should officially create a new word then: Legoraum. Now we all need that whether it means 'space' or 'room'. :tongue:

Edited by BacktoBricks