Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Is anyone else seeing PS this weekend at the cinema for the 20th Anniversary screening? I'm going there now. :pir-love:

Wait wait... You're leaving the house??? lol I think I've completely forgotten how that goes. :laugh: Enjoy it. :classic:

But this is a great idea. I might pull out the old dvds for atmosphere; I was trying to make some HP / lego halloween decor... 

10 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

On this topic and out of curiosity, what do y'all think are the best and worst figures from the theme so far? My favorite is CMF2 Dumbledore, and the worst is Molly (specifically the DA version, though it's not like the Burrow figure is much better).

Worst- Any old Hermione, her face is laughable and more awful than Ron.

fav- Kingsley from cmf.

My favourite minifigs so far are Y1-2 Hermione, Hagrid and both CMF Dumbledores.

My worst are Seamus/Hannah/Justin/etc. - just all the students who use generic faces.

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Wait wait... You're leaving the house??? lol I think I've completely forgotten how that goes. :laugh: Enjoy it. :classic:

But this is a great idea. I might pull out the old dvds for atmosphere; I was trying to make some HP / lego halloween decor... 

Thanks, I had fun. :pir-stareyes:

9 hours ago, krimimimi said:

At a "movie" theater? Is that where they take pictures and make them move? It's been soooo long...:laugh_hard:

On 10/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, BrickFunatic said:

Is anyone else seeing PS this weekend at the cinema for the 20th Anniversary screening? I'm going there now. :pir-love:

I was going to, but figured it might be full of kids and people talking over the film as it's so old. We decided not to in favour of Coraline at home. Was it a good experience??

My LEGO order has arrived, still salty that I had to jump through LEGO's hoops to get the GWP which feels like a £10 set, but that's OK because it offsets the cost of Fluffy's Encounter which feels about £10 too expensive.

I'm going to be annoyed now having loads of the 20th anniversary figures, but not Dumbledore, Hagrid and McGonagall, and I refuse to pay so much for that set.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:45 AM, Retro Brick Reviews said:

On this topic and out of curiosity, what do y'all think are the best and worst figures from the theme so far? My favorite is CMF2 Dumbledore, and the worst is Molly (specifically the DA version, though it's not like the Burrow figure is much better).

The best ones are CMF 2 Dumbledore, moments McGonagall, CMF Professor Spout and Trelawney. The worst minifigures for me are Ginny and Ron from Burrow set, Luna from Chamber of Secrets set and Cho from student pack and CMF for obvious reason (advent calendar version has at least beautiful printing which saves it).

I got the GWP and polybag at the store yesterday :D

I got Hogsmeade, the Advent Calendar and and extra of the Wizard pack to qualify, I don’t mind spending full price for those as they are all the kind of sets I want Lego to keep making more of

I hope the Hermione Polybag becomes available for individual purchase later in the winter, perhaps after Christmas once I know what cards I need 😅

Edited by Bugbot20082

Built Fluffy's Encounter and the Gryffindor dorm.

I really like the Fluffy build, I may end up buying 2 more of each asleep/awake head to be able to have him one or the other. As for the rest of this set...

It's really frustrating how Fluffy barely fits inside the compartment. 

The harp is one of the ugliest things to come out of this theme :laugh: I'm sorry but it's so clunky.

I think it was lazy how they reused one of the Gryffindor robe designs (Harry/Hermione have the same one), would have liked another variation just for this set in particular so the trio had three different designs. Perhaps a messy tie to differentiate one of the torsos.

I didn't think the sticker was that hard to fit inside the roof. 

The Devil's Snare is really mediocre. Overall this set was definitely not worth £35. I would even struggle to justify £25. Just really meh overall I'm afraid.

The dorms is better in person, but the Chocolate Frog plate at the back really doesn't fit. I would have used that space for a wider window, maybe a Hedwig and space for a broomstick. I may modify this. I think the set could have benefitted from a bit more of a pop, perhaps Gold Draco or Gold Dobby would have worked in this set (yes I know they don't fit the theme requirements or whatever...) 

Overall I'm fairly happy, just know that the other sets will help pad this display out. I'm really hoping for something completely different in terms of Hogwarts next year, cos this year isn't doing it for me.

Edited by drewdotexe

29 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I'm really hoping for something completely different in terms of Hogwarts next year, cos this year isn't doing it for me.

I've honestly grown a bit indifferent to Hogwarts' future in the past few months. As much as I dislike this new system it did make me realise I'm fairly satisfied with my castle as is. I guess as long as the figs, creatures, accessories, stickers etc continue to be interesting I don't really care what LEGO does with future Hogwarts sets, though I would of course prefer a return to the '18-'20 style. I'll just Bricklink the stuff I like and all the money not spent on some bad looking and barely recognisable "Hogwarts" sets will just be spend on other themes or Potter sets that actually look good :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I've honestly grown a bit indifferent to Hogwarts' future in the past few months. As much as I dislike this new system it did make me realise I'm fairly satisfied with my castle as is. I guess as long as the figs, creatures, accessories, stickers etc continue to be interesting I don't really care what LEGO does with future Hogwarts sets, though I would of course prefer a return to the '18-'20 style. I'll just Bricklink the stuff I like and all the money not spent on some bad looking and barely recognisable "Hogwarts" sets will just be spend on other themes or Potter sets that actually look good :shrug_oh_well:

As long as keep getting obscure minifigures like Sinistra then I will still be interested! But you're right, there's only so much they can do with Hogwarts. I don't know how many more tan bricks I can look at on my shelf personally :laugh:

Looks like leak season might finally be upon us, between the leaked raccoon from CMF S22 and the Technic catalogue images :excited:

Which sets / minifigs are you the most excited to see? For me, it‘s the hospital wing + Pomfrey. …yeah, that’s obviously the case for 99% of us, so kind of a pointless question I have to admit :tongue: 

Ok, what are you excited for apart from that then? For me personally, it’s the Moody minifig. The CMF one is PERFECTION, so I wonder how this one will turn out, considering dual-moulded legs (with different colours each even!) are definitely something that‘s reserved for CMFs

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ok, what are you excited for apart from that then? For me personally, it’s the Moody minifig. The CMF one is PERFECTION, so I wonder how this one will turn out, considering dual-moulded legs (with different colours each even!) are definitely something that‘s reserved for CMFs

Couldn't they use the pirate's peg leg? I think that would be cooler. 

I'm looking forward to the Moment sets, too, in addition to the Hospital wing. The trunk has left me indifferent so far, but I'm reserving judgment until we see some pictures of the set. 

10 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Couldn't they use the pirate's peg leg? I think that would be cooler. 

Two issues with that: 

1. It‘s the wrong leg, the peg leg piece only exists for the right one as far as I‘m aware
  2. They couldn‘t print the coat on the peg leg, so the regular leg would also have to be non-printed, otherwise it‘d look a tad silly :tongue:

I think they‘ll just print the coat on dark blue or black single-moulded legs, with some silver printing on the left one to make up for a lack of dual-moulding :shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which sets / minifigs are you the most excited to see? For me, it‘s the hospital wing + Pomfrey. …yeah, that’s obviously the case for 99% of us, so kind of a pointless question I have to admit :tongue: 

Really looking forward to seeing Pomfrey, the Skele-Gro bottle and the stickersheets but other than that I personally don't think there's much to be excited for in this wave :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Two issues with that: 

1. It‘s the wrong leg, the peg leg piece only exists for the right one as far as I‘m aware
  2. They couldn‘t print the coat on the peg leg, so the regular leg would also have to be non-printed, otherwise it‘d look a tad silly :tongue:

I think they‘ll just print the coat on dark blue or black single-moulded legs, with some silver printing on the left one to make up for a lack of dual-moulding :shrug_oh_well:

I seem to remember some thirty years ago that when I was brazenly modding my Pirates as a child, that there isn’t a left/right/wrong aspect to the peg leg. I wanted variation in my crew, and figured that not everyone who lost a leg would have lost the same one. Having said that Moody Mk 1 has the peg leg and it doesn’t look right.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

[…] there isn’t a left/right/wrong aspect to the peg leg.

Correct, but TLG still have never officially used the piece to replace the left leg :wink: 

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Having said that Moody Mk 1 has the peg leg and it doesn’t look right.

Indeed. I loved that minifig back in the day (was part of my very first Bricklink order in 2007), but the peg leg really doesn‘t work all that well. After all, Moody‘s prosthetic leg in the movie looks like a metallic regular one, not a piraty peg leg :tongue:

14 minutes ago, Len said:

And what about "something  big" more this year? What is it? When?

It turned out to be an event (only in the UK), just passed off as "something big" for clicks.

15 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It turned out to be an event (only in the UK), just passed off as "something big" for clicks.

It's very pity(  Thanks!

I generally think we've done very well with HP figs (2018 onwards) but my least favourites include: Burrow Ginny (the face is just miles off) and the torso is boring, "Wizard" from accessory pack (repeated torso from Diagon Alley so gets repeated in display which is a pet peeve of mine).

As for my favourites: Moaning Myrtle and 2018 Nearly Headless Nick are perfect if mutually inconsistent, CMF2 Dumbledore, Moments McGonagall, CMF2 Hermione, Diagon Alley Harry in blue shirt.

Now for leaks, Madam Pomfrey is more exciting than the rest combined but I'm curious to see Parvati, Trelawney, Moody and even moreso the students/teacher in the trunk set.

4 hours ago, Yope said:

As for my favourites: Moaning Myrtle and 2018 Nearly Headless Nick are perfect if mutually inconsistent, CMF2 Dumbledore, Moments McGonagall, CMF2 Hermione, Diagon Alley Harry in blue shirt.

Myrtle is defo in my top 5 HP minifigures.

While I don't have a Nearly Headless Nick I think both the white and glow in the dark versions are great. I don't mind that Myrtle is blue because that's how she looks in the films especially in Goblet.

The cmf 2 Dumbledore is also great, glad we got that new hair/hat piece and a new Fawkes.

I was also pleased with Dobby and Griphook, and I hope we get Kreacher in the future too.

Two more sets for the 2022 Harry Potter lineup:

40560 "Harry Potter" and 40577 "Harry Potter"

They are part of the "40xxx" lineup so have the potential of being GWPs, Brickheadz, Minifigure packs or something totally different and as usual with that numbering the sets will be sold only at Lego Stores and Shop@Home.

Speculate away :laugh:

I‘m guessing one‘s an accessory pack and the other a Brickheadz set (hopefully with multiple characters again). I doubt they‘ll do another GWP set so quickly after the current one :shrug_oh_well: