Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

No, but you can get the misc witchards AP with Borgin. Even if it's an extra one for you, it's expected to go EOL this year, so it's price should go up soon for resale. 

Cheers, I already have the Diagon Alley accessory pack, the Student one was good for repeats though. Nevermind, hit threshold with Hogsmeade and Fawkes. 

I hope the DA pack is replaces with a Quidditch or robes back in 2022 if it's retiring soon. I'm also really keen for a Niffler/Crookshanks/Scabbers to join Hedwig and Fawkes. 

Just got the GWP from my local Lego Store, also got the polybag! I waited with the chess set and the first flying lesson, because they were retail exclusives and you couldn't get them anywhere for a decent price. For example, the CoS in the Lego store is 150, and I got it for 110 at a non official lego store. The Chess set is 75 and the Flying lesson is 30, got 10 euro of with my vip points. So for 95 two sets + the GWP + the polybag, not bad at all.

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Just got the GWP from my local Lego Store, also got the polybag! I waited with the chess set and the first flying lesson, because they were retail exclusives and you couldn't get them anywhere for a decent price. For example, the CoS in the Lego store is 150, and I got it for 110 at a non official lego store. The Chess set is 75 and the Flying lesson is 30, got 10 euro of with my vip points. So for 95 two sets + the GWP + the polybag, not bad at all.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I got the Dorms set and Hermione poly from my local Lego store. I hope everyone who wants them gets them! :pir-stareyes:

What countries?

Has anybody else in the UK made an order today and not had an email yet. Made an order very early this morning, shows as In Warehouse on account, but still no order email. I know Lego's system can be slow, but :wacko:

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I got the Dorms set and Hermione poly from my local Lego store. I hope everyone who wants them gets them! :pir-stareyes:

My local LEGO store isn't that far away, tempted to do the same on Saturday but worried that the extras will be out of stock then! 

And the Chess set is out of stock online, may just keep tabs on everything and decide what to do Saturday. 

Edited by drewdotexe

11 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What countries?

England. I hope you guys in the US get it, too!

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Has anybody else in the UK made an order today and not had an email yet. Made an order very early this morning, shows as In Warehouse on account, but still no order email. I know Lego's system can be slow, but :wacko:

Hope it comes through soon. I have had some slow emails before.

4 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

My local LEGO store isn't that far away, tempted to do the same on Saturday but worried that the extras will be out of stock then! 

And the Chess set is out of stock online, may just keep tabs on everything and decide what to do Saturday. 

I really hope you can get them. My Lego store was quite busy with kids on half-term, but I don't think many were looking at HP. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Not in the UK, but in the Netherlands, and my order mail also took a little while to arrive.

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Between Target and Zaavi sales, and these oddly timed GWPs, I rarely buy things day 1. It seems it's always better to wait, unless you need it for something specific.

Yes unless there is a GWP you really want on day 1, that is the stupidest day moneywise to buy a set :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I waited with the chess set and the first flying lesson, because they were retail exclusives and you couldn't get them anywhere for a decent price

I did the same, so far I have not bought any HP sets from this year except the DA minifigs and I would loose money on all of them buying directly from Lego. So I choose those two since only one shop have them here and they probably are not coming with a big discount later. To bad we do not have any Lego shops in Norway, since I would have liked to got the polybag in the deal as well :shrug_oh_well:

A lot of people were there right when the St. Louis LEGO store opened this morning. Happy I got both the GWP and Polypag. Ended up buying Hogsmeade and Flying Lessons to meet the threshold. Slowly completing the 2021 set list.

Just got my copy of GWP and poly together with Icons set :) Can't wait to expand my display :D The lady told me with confidence that they are fully prepared for whole week of this promo so I guess there is no rush :)

18 minutes ago, cosmic said:

If I’m in the Southern US is there any way I can still get this in store? Seems like its discontinued and getting on online is my best bet. Anyone seen any Whomping Willows anywhere?

On the US Lego website it says it's on back order but it's letting you order it. It might be your best bet so you don't end up paying more than retail on eBay/Amazon. 

33 minutes ago, cosmic said:

If I’m in the Southern US is there any way I can still get this in store? Seems like its discontinued and getting on online is my best bet. Anyone seen any Whomping Willows anywhere?

Target still has it for sale. $63.99 instead of the $69.99 MSRP and qualifies for a free $10 gift card good toward a future purchase.

I was about to say I just saw it at Target yesterday when I went. They had everything in stock which was a first in a long time since the pandemic rush over the last 1.5 years. But I’m sure leading up to the holiday it will be empty again.

Well, the dorm GWP and the polybag went together nicely, now I have 13/16 cards with 13 repeats, still getting another four from the advent calender and a third bathroom set (I want three more Slytherin torsos and another polyjuice goblet, on Bricklink these would cost me £7 alone not including shipping). 

I'd love to see more cards added in the future, perhaps not at random this time though! 

One thing I've noticed though is that the dorm set pushes the whole stacking system to its limits and I've rather gone off the idea. I think 8x8 tower sections to give 90 or even 45 degree angles so the castle isn't a straight line would be good for future waves. The interiors are still mostly great though. 

The choice to include the card wall is pretty perplexing to me if I'm honest. While it's novel and fun to have a place to display the cards, it's a bit meta to have a it within a playset, and in designing the set this way they've made the exterior look absolutely terrible out of the box, while the interior isn't much better if one chooses to remove the card section.

A cute, properly finished and executed Gryffindor dorm section would've been a great GWP without the card display gimmick.

Today I've build the polybag and the Dorm. Polybag is cute and looking nice (I love the desk construction) but GWP is not very pleasing to the eye, especialy the back side. I gree that leaving the cards display out and adding some nice looking wall would improve it greatly. But I got lucky with the cards (got 4 from the ones I needed to complete a second set 12/16 atm) so I'm happy :)

36 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@BrickFunatic @Salix Thanks guys. Still no email. Guess Lego just doesn't like me. :iamded_lol:

Their customer service through email has always been really good for me, maybe shoot them a message?

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

Their customer service through email has always been really good for me, maybe shoot them a message?

I did the chat and they've changed it so you have to go through a Chatbot first before getting a CS. According to 'Sophia' the robotic chatbot, if the order shows on my account then it's all okay. So long as my order gets shipped I'm okay, but yes CS is normally very good.

Edit: @drewdotexe Contacted CS, they said everything okay and will resend email. But so far nothing ... :facepalm:. I do wish I could visit an actual Lego store once in a while. The chess set is good - it got me playing chess and looks great in my display cabinet. Hope you can get it.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I did the chat and they've changed it so you have to go through a Chatbot first before getting a CS. According to 'Sophia' the robotic chatbot, if the order shows on my account then it's all okay. So long as my order gets shipped I'm okay, but yes CS is normally very good.

Oh no, that's really frustrating. At least you have proof of the order against your account :(

Edit: Ah at least it's being resent. Yeah getting to the stores is so frustrating, I don't live in a city so I feel the struggle!

I'm patiently waiting for the chess set to come back in stock so I can get on this deal. Although tbh just hopping on the train and walking into the nearest store on Saturday is seeming like a better option.

Edited by drewdotexe

Well, it never rains but it pours. (At least in Michigan).

Bought the Chamber of Secrets set, got a Friends polybag, a scuba guy polybag, that weird little multi colored plane GWP, the HP Dorm and the Hermione study desk.

Wheeeee!

Edited by Hiker13