Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The consensus is that there likely won't be any SoD sets next year, right? On the one hand, the recent release date change certainly doesn't inspire confidence, and neither do the alleged lacklustre sales of the two sets in 2018, but on the other hand, would they really skip tie-in products for an upcoming theatrical release they still have the license for? I can't think of a single sequel they ignored like that (for TMNT2 and Spider-Man 3 they simply didn't have the license anymore) :oh3: Releasing sets at least 2 months after the film came out would be just as out of the ordinary, but at least they'd have a good excuse in that case.

I'm not losing sleep over this, but it'd still be nice to have at least one set based on the film, mainly for minifigs of Youngledore and Grikkelsen :head_back:

I could see them doing at least 2 sets, probably a standard set and a more gimmicky one like a brickbuilt Niffler. Definitely hope the franchise will get more coverage soon, LEGO is sleeping on it even though it has so much potential. 

Do you think that Warner Bros might require LEGO to create products for the new Fantastic Beasts movie as a condition of having the Wizarding World license? In 2018 they already kinda shoved FB into the CMF and only made two sets so it seemed like they were either testing the waters or were forced to do it. I would love to get more FB sets though, from any of the movies.

18 minutes ago, droobles said:

Do you think that Warner Bros might require LEGO to create products for the new Fantastic Beasts movie as a condition of having the Wizarding World license? In 2018 they already kinda shoved FB into the CMF and only made two sets so it seemed like they were either testing the waters or were forced to do it. I would love to get more FB sets though, from any of the movies.

Good point, the licensers generally have veto powers :classic: I just find it weird that we don't have any rumours yet, since I would expect WB to inform their partners early enough of a change of schedule so they may adjust theirs. They must've known about it long before the public did :shrug_oh_well: Plus, releasing tie-in product months after the film's debut can't be good for sales, unless you're Funko who seem to be able to conjure up new product out of thin air (just look how quickly they put out Pop! figures for Squid Game, those surely weren't planned beforehand :tongue:)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I called my local Lego store and they said the offer was only advertised for North America and they don't find out offers until the start of the week, so I should contact them tomorrow and they "can see what they can do for me." :damn:

On 10/23/2021 at 6:38 AM, Fuppylodders said:

Anyone considering getting the hogwarts chamber of secrets set, it's currently on amazon for 97.49 (£30 off). But also, there is a £15 voucher you can apply which reduces it even further to £82.49.

Thats an immense saving which probably won't be replicated again. I'm gutted because I really have to draw the line somewhere, but I hope others can get to enjoy it for this massive saving! 

(and maybe someone willing to sell me the nearly headless nick :laugh:

Wish Amazon US had that!

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I called my local Lego store and they said the offer was only advertised for North America and they don't find out offers until the start of the week, so I should contact them tomorrow and they "can see what they can do for me." :damn:

Well I would wait up to make an order at just after 12, but if it's not going to be on there I could really use the sleep. :wall: 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well I would wait up to make an order at just after 12, but if it's not going to be on there I could really use the sleep. :wall: 

I guess that's what we'll have to do. :( 

4 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I guess that's what we'll have to do. :( 

If they're still in stock at 7am, guess it's time for me to pick up the chess set, Fawkes and a keyring to bump me over the £100 mark :laugh:

12 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

If they're still in stock at 7am, guess it's time for me to pick up the chess set, Fawkes and a keyring to bump me over the £100 mark :laugh:

If you can get to a store, they are also giving away the Hermione polybag (according to the US calendar). 

9 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If you can get to a store, they are also giving away the Hermione polybag (according to the US calendar). 

Thanks for the tip, I can't unfortunately but I'm not so fussed about that. I'm not even that fussed about the common room tbh, but I haven't brought any LEGO since the Friends Apartments and I am getting the itch!

8 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

When is the common room freebie coming to the UK?

Check this page at midnight.

It's a toss up between Hogwarts Icons or Home Alone for me this Christmas, and I think Home Alone will win.

The GWP details show up on the US LEGO website when I click on the Harry Potter theme and look at sets. Anyone in the US who goes to the LEGO store tomorrow, can you let me know if the Hermione poly bag is there too?

GWP available in the German S@H. :wub:

(Side note: if you're interested in getting the Icons set as part of the promotion, you might want to pick it up as soon as you're able this week. Anything Halloween-y seems to be flying off the shelves in some regions, and that's how they're marketing the Icons set beyond just HP.)

Edited by krimimimi

It's a shame that there isn't anything Harry Potter I need at the moment to get the gift with purchase. And the threshold is $200 in Australia. They never match up with the release of the major harry potter sets. This would have been a lovely bonus with the chamber set this year and a reason to buy it from lego themselves.

They messed up the book of monsters last year as I'm sure it was supposed to be a gift with Diagon alley and they dropped the Hagrid set in instead. Then they sold the book of monsters for a bit in store and then it was a gift with purchase after that. What a mess.  I always feel that parts lego corporate just don't work well. 

GWP is live online in the U.S.  I cashed in VIP points for a $100 voucher and ordered the Chamber of Secrets.  If I get to the store next weekend & they still have the Polybag available I'll see if I can spend enough to get the it but if not hopefully I'll find it for sale somewhere else.

4 hours ago, Micmac said:

It's a shame that there isn't anything Harry Potter I need at the moment to get the gift with purchase. And the threshold is $200 in Australia. They never match up with the release of the major harry potter sets. This would have been a lovely bonus with the chamber set this year and a reason to buy it from lego themselves.

They messed up the book of monsters last year as I'm sure it was supposed to be a gift with Diagon alley and they dropped the Hagrid set in instead. Then they sold the book of monsters for a bit in store and then it was a gift with purchase after that. What a mess.  I always feel that parts lego corporate just don't work well. 

I am glad you've mentioned that because I am in the same boat. Now I've asked for some of the smaller sets for Christmas and took advantage of the ridiculous Amazon sale on the Chamber of Secrets + other sets, my gut is telling me that I don't want to play this game LEGO have concocted to generate more sales right before Christmas. Like yeah I could pick up Fawkes easily, but then I'm having to justify £65 on the chess set which I don't think I'll use - would rather pick the minifigs up from BrickLink for 25% of the cost.

Others have suggested picking a few sets up and reselling them on eBay to offset the cost, but I don't trust Royal Mail/Hermes to not lose/steal my parcel, especially with LEGO rattling around inside lol. 

Realised I was convincing myself that Hogwarts Icons was worth the money and just closed the tab down for now :laugh: Think I need to have a word with myself!

Edited by drewdotexe

I can’t seem to find a single answer and want to verify, what was the official US price of the Whomping Willow? What did it retail for?

Does lego still stock the student pack? If not I'm going to have a hard time hitting £100 without going way over :grin:

10 hours ago, brick3up2across said:

The GWP details show up on the US LEGO website when I click on the Harry Potter theme and look at sets. Anyone in the US who goes to the LEGO store tomorrow, can you let me know if the Hermione poly bag is there too?

The offers page shows the Hermione polybag as an in-store GWP, so it should be available widely - https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/lego-offers-promotions (last item on the page).

Does anyone know why these were on the original store calendar and then removed? Seems odd to have done it.

Between Target and Zaavi sales, and these oddly timed GWPs, I rarely buy things day 1. It seems it's always better to wait, unless you need it for something specific.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Does lego still stock the student pack? If not I'm going to have a hard time hitting £100 without going way over :grin:

No, but you can get the misc witchards AP with Borgin. Even if it's an extra one for you, it's expected to go EOL this year, so it's price should go up soon for resale. 

Discovered belatedly that if you hit the minimum purchase price required for the car GWP you get that, too. Maybe that will help, someone else here. It was 120 EUR in Germany, fwiw.  

Edited by krimimimi