Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

1. The set I was referring to.

2. A generic piece of Hogwarts architecture that people would whinge about.

3. We got a DADA classroom in the last big Hogwarts set and a Moments version next January.

4. They wouldn't do it out of scale with DA, so it's not happening as a regular set atm.

5. There aren't any builds for that scene, so a set is very unlikely.

6. Generic Hogwarts set that everyone would whinge about.

1 - Okay but this set is 99% happening in future

2,6 - So is Whomping Willow set and Fluffy encounter and yet they made it and people are buing it because who doesnt want to make his Hogwarts bigger?

3 - okay this is fair point...

4 - Leaky Cauldron can be 100 dollar regular set and still pretty much be in a scalle with DA

5 - Well trees, like with Expecto Patronum set. It only had two trees and people were buying it because of great minifigures and stag Patronus.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In any case, I'm not saying there definitely won't be some of these sets next summer, what I'm saying is that, as of January 1, the 2021 soft reboot will have 3 PS/SS sets, 3 CoS sets, and 2 PoA sets. It doesn't make sense to me to have the summer wave then be split between PoA and GoF, as that would be 3/3/5/3.

As if there was any balace in 2018-2020 line where we had only 2 OotP and HBP sets... I am not trying to find any system/order in sets they are realeasing anymore

Edited by Textorix

Personally, I still hope they completely abandon the "two movies a year + extras" scheme and instead just release sets spread across all of the films :shrug_oh_well: ...well, most of them. I've written off DH completely by this point, so I hope they will scratch my OotP itch at least. I mean, how hard is it to finally release some OotP-style Death Eaters? They're supposed to be this franchise's Stormtroopers after all :tongue:

2 hours ago, Surge said:

So are the promos 100% not coming in the US or is there still a chance?

I can't find any confirmation or denial anywhere.  From what I've read LAN inquiries have gone unanswered.  I guess the only way to know for sure will be by checking the LEGO website after midnight EDT on the 25th.

The thing with this set is, there are no new pieces or prints and the figures are repeats so it looks very easy to recreate. I have all the new HP sets apart from the new Brickheadz so will struggle to hit the threshold. Overall, just buying the parts will be cheaper ... And yet there is something about it that makes me want to have a sealed box copy and I have no idea why. :innocent:

I really hope if they do Draco from 4-5 course they give him Kevin's hair piece from Home Alone set in this color. I'm kind of sick of yellow

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The thing with this set is, there are no new pieces or prints and the figures are repeats so it looks very easy to recreate.

Or skip :wink:

1 minute ago, Flixter said:

I really hope if they do Draco from 4-5 course they give him Kevin's hair piece from Home Alone set in this color. I'm kind of sick of yellow

So am I. It looks quite alright on yellow figures but pretty much every single time they use it on a licensed fleshy fig (Draco, Lucius, Luna, Legolas, Elsa, etc) it's really off-putting and using the standard tan color would make the entire figure infinitely better.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Or skip :wink:

That too. :tongue: But it is a cool modular to put into the new castle system and as much as I love the 2018 - 20 castle line, I do like the fact that the new system allows you to place little snapshots of the movie together, almost like reading a book. And Gryffindor Dorms are a must in the story. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

And yet there is something about it that makes me want to have a sealed box copy and I have no idea why. :innocent:

Oh, yes, that sealed box that I am going to tear into seconds later. But absolutely: same. I want that boxed set. :wub:

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

So far the slicked back hair (films 1-3) and the swept sideways hair (film 6) are both available in tan to replace the bright light yellow pieces, I think the standard male hair and the hair you mentioned from the Home Alone set also work well for Draco at certain points. 

The curtains as seen on Flitwick would be a better match for film 3 I think, and what we really need is the Dumbledore piece in tan to replace the bright light yellow one that came in DA for Lucius. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The thing with this set is, there are no new pieces or prints and the figures are repeats so it looks very easy to recreate. I have all the new HP sets apart from the new Brickheadz so will struggle to hit the threshold. Overall, just buying the parts will be cheaper ... And yet there is something about it that makes me want to have a sealed box copy and I have no idea why. :innocent:

Are the gold items for sale though? Or are they exclusive? 

18 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

So far the Modified Plate 1 x 2 with Bar Handles in pearl gold only shows up in this year's Friends AC. So they've used that part again there, but there's only one of them in the set, and you'd need eight of them for the beds. (The lightsabre handle in pearl gold is in lots of sets. The eight required wouldn't be particularly expensive.)

Edited by krimimimi

Ok thanks!

I have everything except the art set, the big figs and the Icons. I kind of want the Icons but I can't afford it yet, I don't care for the art set. I sort of want the figures but would rather wait for a sale. So I might just buy something and resell it to get the GWP, like I did with the Dickens GWP last year.

31 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

17 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

So far the Modified Plate 1 x 2 with Bar Handles in pearl gold only shows up in this year's Friends AC. So they've used that part again there, but there's only one of them in the set, and you'd need eight of them for the beds. (The lightsabre handle in pearl gold is in lots of sets. The eight required wouldn't be particularly expensive.)

I'm sure the modified plates will show on B+P at some point.

33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm sure the modified plates will show on B+P at some point.

Eventually, they most likely will. But when you need eight and they only come in a GWP or one a pop in a regular set, that gets expensive fast. It's still affordable now, but the GWP hasn't released yet, so people haven't missed it yet and started to panic buy the parts. I'd expect the price to rise until they include them in some other sets / it hits the B&P.

ETA: November VIP weekend announced. https://www.lego.com/de-de/page/black-friday-cyber-monday-toy-deals (Not sure if that's double VIP points again or not.) GWPs and specials TBA on the 15th. 

Edited by krimimimi

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

What about us sistrens in the UK. :cry_sad: Get on the phone with Lego, JK sis, and hook up your native fans.

Should be the same for the UK as I believe everything is ran/comes from a central warehouse somewhere in Europe for Shop@Home

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

Should be the same for the UK as I believe everything is ran/comes from a central warehouse somewhere in Europe for Shop@Home

I hope so.

Picked up the Fluffy set for £25 on Amazon today, think that's a decent price for it. Few other reductions too! 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Picked up the Fluffy set for £25 on Amazon today, think that's a decent price for it. Few other reductions too! 

Still a bit overpriced. :roflmao:

I wonder if the mysterious disappearance of the GWP in North America has anything to do with the backlog of cargo ships in Southern California?  Maybe the sets are stuck in the supply chain backlog without guarantee they will make it to the stores or delivery warehouses?

Anyone considering getting the hogwarts chamber of secrets set, it's currently on amazon for 97.49 (£30 off). But also, there is a £15 voucher you can apply which reduces it even further to £82.49.

Thats an immense saving which probably won't be replicated again. I'm gutted because I really have to draw the line somewhere, but I hope others can get to enjoy it for this massive saving! 

(and maybe someone willing to sell me the nearly headless nick :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

4 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Anyone considering getting the hogwarts chamber of secrets set, it's currently on amazon for 97.49 (£30 off). But also, there is a £15 voucher you can apply which reduces it even further to £82.49.

Thats an immense saving which probably won't be replicated again. I'm gutted because I really have to draw the line somewhere, but I hope others can get to enjoy it for this massive saving! 

(and maybe someone willing to sell me the nearly headless nick :laugh:

Woah there are some amazing prices on there!

I made a promise to no longer buy on Amazon after The Great Reset, but people could get some great bargains for Christmas!

I guess the Clock Tower was the poorest seller of the castles. I see on videos it's always really cheap in the US, and now it's under £60 on Amazon.

For anyone in the UK who needs sets, these are the prices on Amazon with the vouchers applied:

Spoiler

Grawp - £18.93

Astronomy Tower - £61.76

Clock Tower - £55.17

Chamber of Secrets - £82.49

Hogwarts Express - £52.70

Advent Calendar 2021 - £20.57

Whomping Willow - £45.29

4 Privet Drive - £42.82

Moments Herbology -  £20.57

Hedwig - £23.05

Moments Transfiguration - £18.11

Fluffy - £24.70

Moments Charms - £20.57

Moments Potions - £20.57

Polyjuice Potion Bathroom - £14.80

Edited by BrickFunatic

The consensus is that there likely won't be any SoD sets next year, right? On the one hand, the recent release date change certainly doesn't inspire confidence, and neither do the alleged lacklustre sales of the two sets in 2018, but on the other hand, would they really skip tie-in products for an upcoming theatrical release they still have the license for? I can't think of a single sequel they ignored like that (for TMNT2 and Spider-Man 3 they simply didn't have the license anymore) :oh3: Releasing sets at least 2 months after the film came out would be just as out of the ordinary, but at least they'd have a good excuse in that case.

I'm not losing sleep over this, but it'd still be nice to have at least one set based on the film, mainly for minifigs of Youngledore and Grikkelsen :head_back: