Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Seems like a reference to the second task to me also but who knows?  I haven't been able to see the post on Facebook either.

40 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Agree with @BrickFunatic that the disclaimer (or whatever it's called) occasionally appears on material without the car. It's like their standard boilerplate.  

Something dear to our hearts hidden... Well that's at least two deer references by means of homonyms (deer, hart), three / four if hidden (hide) counts and it's more oblique. But it also sounds like the second task when Ron was hidden. "We've taken what you'll sorely miss..." We could do with a Ron maxifigure, but after Target reduced the prices on Harry and Hermione that severely, I'm not sure we'll be seeing more. 

I am starting to think the dragon was a very vague reference to the Triwizard Tournament, and someone in design just took the welsh dragon without realising it 😂 it is seriously throwing me off.

Mischief could be also a reference to Fred and George.
But my guess is that this is for GWP that was shown in VIP calendar and was later removed. I would assume that the picture shows actual product in warehouse and the shippers on the pallet are rather small. Each of these includes at least few sets so it would match up. The dragon on the stand might be also poorly build Griffin and be a reference to Godric Griffindor and Griffindor dorm.
Of course they could've used any part of any warehouse for the background and the size of the boxes means nothing. And lets be honest, with attention that HP theme gets today would it be really a possiblity to keep some more exciting set under wraps for so long? And how many sets this year were truly exciting? Even if this is a new set that we haven't heard about before I'm keeping my expectations as low as humanly possible.

It should make sense if they release a Ron figure, just like the Hermoine and Harry set that was recently released. It was obvious that there was one of the trio that needed to be added somehow.

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Now those boxes....well presents for all of us? :laugh:

Maybe GWP :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, uPawelek said:
But my guess is that this is for GWP that was shown in VIP calendar and was later removed.

That is my guess also, that it just the GWP :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Does Harry have the Gryffindor logo on his crest thingy? I can’t see it in the photo. 

He does yeah, it's just very very faint.

11 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So are we expecting another large set?

No. In all likelihood, this is about that large-scale contest that brickfanatics have recently reported about. I guess the storage hall in the picture is supposed to signify the magnitude of the contest. After all, brickfanatics said the prizes would be "huge" :classic:

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

After all, brickfanatics said the prizes would be "huge" :classic:

If they want to award that massive golden Harry, I will be forced to revise how I feel about contests... :laugh:

3 hours ago, uPawelek said:
Even if this is a new set that we haven't heard about before I'm keeping my expectations as low as humanly possible.

Same here. I'm intrigued, but not terribly hopeful for anything interesting. I've become a bit cynical with HP LEGO lately.

15 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Watch them make it not compatible with DA now :laugh: . They could do whatever they wanted with this set, they could even just make a vault playset/dragon escape etc. I'm trying to have no hopes pinned on this ever coming out, and if it did, being in scale with DA, which will be probably at least 2 years old when this set is coming out 

Yeah, I’m not holding my breath but it was three years between Ninjago City Docks & Gardens & they all fit together just fine. 

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, I’m not holding my breath but it was three years between Ninjago City Docks & Gardens & they all fit together just fine. 

That is right, so there is still hope :wink: As long as a potential new DA set can stand on its own, they may make it compatible with the one we have now. However my hope for a yearly DA expansion set with a shop or two has gone since we did not get one this year. Of course the winter village and the fairground lines both had a compatible set years before the line rebooted/started up :sceptic:

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…Are we sure this isn’t just about that competition? :tongue:

Of course we aren't. Previous years have shown that even if certain product or event have been already revealed LEGO still acts as if it's brand new never before seen by people.

I just read all posts and now I agree, even if it's not about competition it's probab about something we already know (in this case, GWP)

Edited by Flixter

5 hours ago, Flixter said:

I just read all posts and now I agree, even if it's not about competition it's probab about something we already know (in this case, GWP)

Look, generally I'd agree that LEGO's marketing decisions are questionable, but they're not going to pull some big reveal over a small freebie that was meant to be available for under two weeks. I still don't know what this is for, but the GWP wouldn't make sense.

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Personally I think it is really stupid marketing on LEGOs part. I loved Ninjago City when it came out, but on its own felt it was too expensive and passed on it. When Docks came out I didnt get it as it wasnt great on its own. I tried to get City and would have got both if the originals prices hadnt inflated so much. Now that Gardens is out its just getting ignored as I know it will just feel incomplete now. If these sets or even the first two had been out at the same time or overlapped, i would have bought both and had all 3 now. But because it didnt, i bought none. Thats like $1300 they lost from me and any other person in my position just because they did not overlap. The same thing will probably happen with Diagon Alley if its off the shelves before Gringotts.

The standout detail from that image is the welsh national dragon on the base of the plinth. My current conclusion is it's just meant to be a dragon and someone in marketing/design has been lazy, but who knows. It just being a dragon opens us up to loads of possibilities, Norbert/Ironbelly/Triwizard Task etc. 

I also see nothing in the image linking it to the GWP.

Perhaps the contest is to win the giant Gold Harry?

Why is the Harry made of gold bricks? Is it 20th anniversary themed? 

Really interested to see how this turns out. 

Edited by drewdotexe

12 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Why is the Harry made of gold bricks? Is it 20th anniversary themed? 

Doesn't the 20th anniversary logo appearing twice on the picture answer that question? :wink:

I always feel a bit short-changed being a HP fan as this theme always seems to be the one with the least amount of information known. We know about sets for a lot of other themes but still a very small amount about HP for next year 😅

Also built the Fluffy set last night… feel like the Tower was a bit of a waste and parts better used to make a 8x8 Winged Keys section next to the Devils Snare. That sticker inside the cone was painful to do 😅😂

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Look, generally I'd agree that LEGO's marketing decisions are questionable, but they're not going to pull some big reveal over a small freebie that was meant to be available for under two weeks. I still don't know what this is for, but the GWP wouldn't make sense.

Many Lego's decision doesn't make sense. For example Lego Con. They said there'd be brand new reveals of Star Wars sets. What did we get? Same sets that were revealed in the catalog (which is supposed to come out at June and Lego put them all by themselves) over 3 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

Many Lego's decision doesn't make sense. For example Lego Con. They said there'd be brand new reveals of Star Wars sets. What did we get? Same sets that were revealed in the catalog (which is supposed to come out at June and Lego put them all by themselves) over 3 weeks ago. 

To be fair, the catalogues were not supposed to include the new SW sets :tongue: They replaced them shortly thereafter with a version without them, but of course it was too late by then :shrug_oh_well:

44 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

Dang, it looks like just a UK thing! Can't be too mad, as you guys are the originator of Harry Potter :shrug_confused:

Makes sense. Have fun, those of you who live in the UK :laugh: