Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

They can’t make it not compatible with DA, so having an built in underground track section wouldn’t work.

Watch them make it not compatible with DA now :laugh: . They could do whatever they wanted with this set, they could even just make a vault playset/dragon escape etc. I'm trying to have no hopes pinned on this ever coming out, and if it did, being in scale with DA, which will be probably at least 2 years old when this set is coming out 

Edited by drewdotexe

7 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

[…] which will be probably at least 2 years old when this set is coming out 

That’s definitely one of the biggest issues with a potential Gringotts add-on. If it’s a D2C set, its lifespan wouldn’t overlap all that long with DA, unless the latter’s selling so well it stays on shelves much longer than your average D2C set. Just look at how long the first VW camper van survived, it even had unnumbered bags to the very end :laugh_hard:

If it’s a regular set (albeit a large one), its lifespan could line up with DA’s pretty well without any life extension shenanigans.

My point is, they should make sure in either case that the two sets share significant time on shelves because one is not really complete without the other :classic: And of course, had they included Gringotts in the DA set, we wouldn’t have this issue in the first place :tongue: I gladly would have paid $100 more for that

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My idea for how they could do Gringotts is that the grand double doors at the front lead into a tall staircase up to the entrance hall. So, the "ground floor" entrance hall with all the Goblin clerks is actually on the second level (about 6 bricks high off the baseplate), and underneath you'd have the "underground" section with a 32-long straight track in front of a few vaults. Plop a dragon on top, and WHAM! Gringotts.

In theory I love this idea, but how would the staircase fit in such a tight space while allowing the front door to still open, and allowing ample room for the underground section?

A couple of new activity books have been revealed. No new figs of course, but one of them includes DA Harry + a chocolate frog card tile and another features Neville with his remembrall :classic:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A couple of new activity books have been revealed. No new figs of course, but one of them includes DA Harry + a chocolate frog card tile and another features Neville with his remembrall :classic:

Is that technically a new Ron variant?

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Have you got a source? Would like to see it :)

LEGO are hinting again at something big coming on their Facebook page. For some reason there's a Ford Anglia copyright notice on the image but I can't see any cars in the picture for the life of me. There's also a Welsh Dragon on the plinth that Harry is stood on. Strange...

Edited by drewdotexe

10 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Is that technically a new Ron variant?

Yes. It's the Chess-torso but with older legs and hair-style. Technically the DA-Harry mentioned above is the AC-Harry, with his regular face.

45 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Have you got a source? Would like to see it :)

No official source yet, but the pictures can be found in the usual place with the usual hashtag :wink:

Btw, it’s been exactly one year since the McGonagall minifig from the January wave leaked, so leak season could start any day now :excited:

you can find the new books on the official ameet page in the 2022 catalogue

2 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

LEGO are hinting again at something big coming on their Facebook page. For some reason there's a Ford Anglia copyright notice on the image but I can't see any cars in the picture for the life of me. There's also a Welsh Dragon on the plinth that Harry is stood on. Strange...

Could you link to this, please?

13 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Could you link to this, please?

Sure, does this work? 

If not, just search LEGO's Facebook page on Google and it should be one of the newer posts.

The comments are wild, people getting really excited for the hint of a Ford Anglia?

Maybe it's the contest and you win a vintage Ford Anglia from Wales :laugh:

Edited by drewdotexe

3 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Sure, does this work? 

If not, just search LEGO's Facebook page on Google and it should be one of the newer posts.

Thanks, but the link doesn't work. When I go to their FB page the newest posts are the shoes, the TIME magazine cover, Neville actor video and the jacket. I don't see anything like a hint.

13 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Thanks, but the link doesn't work. When I go to their FB page the newest posts are the shoes, the TIME magazine cover, Neville actor video and the jacket. I don't see anything like a hint.

Ah, I'm no Facebook whiz but the post has a Custom setting on it, it looks like. All those others say 'Global' so they may have it set. I can't see what is Custom about it. I have liked LEGO on FB but I can't think of any other rule they'd have set that would apply to me.

51602412166_5e4495600c_o.png

Sorry for the shoddy quality, to be fair the original image on Facebook is awful quality too when viewed in full. Basically there's a trademark notice for the Ford Anglia in tiny text on the bottom left corner.

Hopefully the thing that is "hidden dear to our hearts" is Gringotts with everyones wishlists for the set fulfilled :laugh:

Edited by drewdotexe

6 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Watch them make it not compatible with DA now :laugh: . They could do whatever they wanted with this set, they could even just make a vault playset/dragon escape etc. I'm trying to have no hopes pinned on this ever coming out, and if it did, being in scale with DA, which will be probably at least 2 years old when this set is coming out 

I mean what does even mean "compatibile"? To have pin points for connections? Nah dont need that. All I want from it is just to be in right scale to DA buildings. So slightly bigger playscale building and around 150-200 price range.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

I mean what does even mean "compatibile"? To have pin points for connections? Nah dont need that. All I want from it is just to be in right scale to DA buildings. So slightly bigger playscale building and around 150-200 price range.

Yeah I meant that it doesn't necessarily have to be in scale/consistent in style with DA. Pin points for connections are easy enough to put in anyway if someone wanted to do that (I personally don't care about it). I would hope that Gringotts would be in scale with DA but it's a set from 2020, we will be in 2022 at the earliest for Gringotts I guess (if at all), so there's no guarantee. Just trying not to get my hopes up for a theoretical set :laugh:

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Wow, thanks for sharing! Surely that isn't just for a competition. 

Hope not!

29 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Ah, I'm no Facebook whiz but the post has a Custom setting on it, it looks like. All those others say 'Global' so they may have it set. I can't see what is Custom about it. I have liked LEGO on FB but I can't think of any other rule they'd have set that would apply to me.

Sorry for the shoddy quality, to be fair the original image on Facebook is awful quality too when viewed in full. Basically there's a trademark notice for the Ford Anglia in tiny text on the bottom left corner.

Hopefully the thing that is "hidden dear to our hearts" is Gringotts with everyones wishlists for the set fulfilled :laugh:

What do you mean by custom setting? I kinda dont understand what is your point but that just because I am not the best in english :D

Edited by Textorix

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

What do you mean by custom setting? I kinda dont understand what is your point but that just because I am not the best in english :D

No worries - on the Facebook post, LEGO have changed who can view the post. Most of their posts are set to "Anyone can see", but this post has an icon next to it, indicating that it has custom viewing permissions on it.

I've put a screenshot of the post in this thread  so everyone here can see it, as at least one user was having trouble seeing it through Facebook. :)

Edited by drewdotexe

Oh and that trademark of Anglia basically means that if it is a set it is gonna be some form of Ford Anglia (UCS version maybe?).... well another nonminifigure scale set is not something that I would be excited about after Hogwarts icons, buildable figures, phoenix but sure whatever.

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh and that trademark of Anglia basically means that if it is a set it is gonna be some form of Ford Anglia (UCS version maybe?).... well another nonminifigure scale set is not something that I would be excited about after Hogwarts icons, buildable figures, phoenix but sure whatever.

Yeah unless there's an obscure reason why they've had to put the Anglia stuff in, it's a very big hint.

I'm not sure why the Welsh Dragon is on the base of the plinth though, unless it's a reference to the Common Welsh Green... but what does that have to do with the Ford Anglia?!? My head hurts.

Edit: Why is the Anglia trademark notice even there if there's no Anglia in the picture?!? Oh my god my head really hurts :laugh:

Edited by drewdotexe

That is a very very intriguing photo, that I feel has to imply a new set?? Maybe I'm being too hopeful and naive, but the photo shows a warehouse full of boxed sets. Yes it could be a contest, but this definitely feels like a new set is coming??

Edited by evanevanevan

They built a life size Harry, maybe they also built a life size Ford. So the trademark could be a combined one for showing those LEGO models somewhere. 

Now those boxes....well presents for all of us? :laugh:

Well Ford Anglia set is definetely not something that would blew Hogwarts icons set out of the water :D

Agree with @BrickFunatic that the disclaimer (or whatever it's called) occasionally appears on material without the car. It's like their standard boilerplate.  

Something dear to our hearts hidden... Well that's at least two deer references by means of homonyms (deer, hart), three / four if hidden (hide) counts and it's more oblique. But it also sounds like the second task when Ron was hidden. "We've taken what you'll sorely miss..." We could do with a Ron maxifigure, but after Target reduced the prices on Harry and Hermione that severely, I'm not sure we'll be seeing more.