Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, Flixter said:

I asked Marcos Bessa and it seems that whatever the reason for removing it from store calendar it wasn't because of production issues. He said even boxes are ready

Full marks for initiative! Thanks! :wub: This does matter though, because some people are still trying to decide if they should order now and take advantage of the double VIP points if there's no GWP coming.

So do I wait to order or order now for double points? :wacko:

While the GWP is decent enough, it isn't like I HAVE to have it. Other than the tiles (since I only have 7 and lots of doubles) and the pearl gold piece for the end of the bed, I could probably build it with pieces I have laying around. And the figures aren't unique, so they aren't selling points. But I figured it's free HP LEGO, so I'll wait to order, even though Double points sounds more enticing (or just go to Target and get instant 5% off)...now I have a few days to decide I guess.

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Canada as well, and the Aussie one didn't even have a calendar to download (just the place for it) when I checked this morning. The German one is largely blank, but it was probably largely blank to begin with. (We usually get our news from the US one.)

On the plus side, if the GWP isn't happening then I have no reason to spend more money on Lego this month and my wallet will be happy. ;)

40 minutes ago, doclord said:

If the GWPs got moved, a big HP set is more likely than a game announcement imo

Not sure what this has to do with the GWP set :shrug_oh_well: Whatever that “big” thing is, I doubt there’s any connection

…unless the GWP is the big thing, in which case brickfanatics need to have a word with their source :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, Flixter said:

I asked Marcos Bessa and it seems that whatever the reason for removing it from store calendar it wasn't because of production issues. He said even boxes are ready

That's good to know. My guess would be that with the current delays in shipping worldwide, LEGO isn't sure that the sets can get to their intended destinations in time for an October 25th promotion.

It would be nice if LEGO would address this issue so we know what is actually going on rather than just remove the GWP offers from the online store calendars without explanation.

My guess is a supply chain issue or they are finally listening to us & want to hold off to release these with whatever their big upcoming announcement is about.  Most likely it's the supply chain issues.

I've been holding off purchasing the latest releases just so I can get the GWP. 

Another possibility is they realized the demand for this GWP will be such that it really needs to be a set we can purchase rather than a limited GWP.

2 hours ago, doclord said:

If the GWPs got moved, a big HP set is more likely than a game announcement imo

It's just been removed from a calendar so it's not 100% confirmed yet but might just be a regional delay for some people :classic:

Brickfanatics shared post on Instagram that "something big is yet to come for Lego HP" is apparently just some kind contest event .... damn it 

25 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Brickfanatics shared post on Instagram that "something big is yet to come for Lego HP" is apparently just some kind contest event .... damn it 

Plot twist: The contest is "Who can be the fastest to purchase a copy of LEGO Harry Potter 76397 'Gringotts Wizard Bank', releasing November 21. Grand-Prize Winner receives 15,000 copies of "Hogwarts Gryffindor Dormitory", previously intended as a GWP."

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Plot twist: The contest is "Who can be the fastest to purchase a copy of LEGO Harry Potter 76397 'Gringotts Wizard Bank', releasing November 21. Grand-Prize Winner receives 15,000 copies of "Hogwarts Gryffindor Dormitory", previously intended as a GWP."

In our deepest dreams lol. I am disappointed but not suprised as we are used to these kinds of big teases which end up meh.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Oh no, is that the big tease then do we think? That's really annoying, teasing 'something big coming' which will probably end up being a prize of free lego hp sets.... the people reading those teasers are already fans and so probably already have the sets for gods sake lol

39 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am disappointed but not suprised as we are used to these kinds of big teases which end up meh.

Not surprised either, tbh. I am glad I didn't get my hopes up. Pretty disappointing, but happy for others who are excited.

Yeah, no big surprise there :tongue: Good for those who want to participate though, the prize appears to be massive :thumbup:

Maybe we get some minifig leaks soon as a consolation prize :laugh: Last year, McGonagall leaked on the 18th of October

34 minutes ago, Zedro said:

The contest is the one on the Lego website to do on the Lego life app? Is that the big thing? 

Can't find it yet, myself. So not sure it's officially ready to go yet, just "coming soon". 

Assume it's a kind of build contest like the had in september

2 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Oh no, is that the big tease then do we think? That's really annoying, teasing 'something big coming' which will probably end up being a prize of free lego hp sets.... the people reading those teasers are already fans and so probably already have the sets for gods sake lol

The people reading those teasers also aren't going to win those prizes. :laugh: How many do they end up awarding? While it gives us some nice builds to look at, you could browse flickr or IG or some of the digital platforms and see plenty of those anyway. I think if they really want to do something special for the fans, HP centric GWPs make more of a real difference. 

On 10/9/2021 at 5:35 PM, RichardGoring said:

Not sure if this is anyone here, but figured you would all like to see this amazing MOC WIP of Gringots.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, Textorix said:

Hi guys, I present you newest version of my Hogwarts layout I have been working on this year. It started as custom arrangement of all 2018-2021 sets but now I started adding my own creations like viaduct, wooden bridge and rock foundation etc. so its actually a MOC. I also post my progression on Instagram so you can check me there :)

5KwHZMk.jpg

iO9g0Jn.jpg

s03CQKc.jpg

yyEWB8s.jpg

At this point, they just should award  @RichardGoring and @Textorix the winners...These are absolutely stunning!

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

The people reading those teasers also aren't going to win those prizes. :laugh: How many do they end up awarding? While it gives us some nice builds to look at, you could browse flickr or IG or some of the digital platforms and see plenty of those anyway. I think if they really want to do something special for the fans, HP centric GWPs make more of a real difference. 

What if the prize is Dragold :laugh: imagine the uproar!

17 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

What if the prize is Dragold :laugh: imagine the uproar!

Not if it's a participation prize... :tongue: And Gobby, too, please and thank you.

If you haven't seen it, Lego has posted a new video with Neville (Matthew Lewis) presenting his 20 favourite scenes with lego. :wub:

I hate when Lego sends Lego sets to celebrities and public figures. Send them to needy children or your customers who spend thousands each year.

And that man who played Neville looks like an old vagrant now. He was never right for the character after CoS, he should have been replaced from PoA onwards because he lost weight/grew too much.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

At this point, they just should award  @RichardGoring and @Textorix the winners...These are absolutely stunning!

Nice idea, but the Gringots is not mine. Found it on Reddit. But the creator should definitely win!

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I hate when Lego sends Lego sets to celebrities and public figures. Send them to needy children or your customers who spend thousands each year.

And that man who played Neville looks like an old vagrant now. He was never right for the character after CoS, he should have been replaced from PoA onwards because he lost weight/grew too much.

So you think he should have been fired for aging gracefully?  I much prefer to see actors grow up naturally in their roles over being replaced because they no longer fit a pre-conceived image of how they should look.  Females shouldn't be fired for gaining too much weight and no longer fitting the lollipop look directors unreasonably expect them to maintain.  Likewise males shouldn't be fired for growing too quickly or too slowly or gaining or not gaining enough weight.