Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

The first movie is returning to cinemas in less than three weeks ahead of the November anniversary so I expect the item/show to release/air then, so I expect an announcement/leak any day now. :moar:

LEGO doesn't reveal any sets or basically anything on anniversaries. It's weird, but they don't do that.

I wonder if it could be TV show or special, but for which platform? Star Wars has Disney+.

I would LOVE a new Lego Video game announcement, but I wish they would make a DH wave and third CMF first to introduce more new molds/prints first.

The article from that website made it sound like a Lego set to me. If so, I hope it is minifig-scale and not too expensive. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

On 10/11/2021 at 10:41 AM, krimimimi said:

Right you are... So... Gents? What say you? :wink:

How about Dragold being included in the GWP at the end of the month. I still think it's odd having golden McGonagall (not a fig 20 years ago), Hagrid, Quirrell (only in the one book / film) and even Voldemort (not even a character in the films 20 years ago) and not the little ferret. 

A Dragold would completely invalidate the sentiment of the special display stand in the Icons set, which I thought was particularly good of Lego to make expandable for those loyal fans who bought all the golden figure sets (or rather able to, I appreciate there are many loyal fans who perhaps were unable to do so despite wanting to).

But very valid point that Goldemort makes no sense since he wasn't present in the film in that form. 

I do love that they used updated versions of McGonagall and Dumbledore however.

Edited by chrisincanada

From the language used I’m doubtful the special thing coming is a set, But I hope I’m wrong.

Anyways I was daydreaming and I got an idea of exclusive set, like a GWP:

Brick built Sorting Hat, on a stand similar to the Venom head/ starwars helmets etc 

Comes with golden Draco and a golden recolour of the 2018 Sorting Hat itself

The GWP has landed in some peoples hands, Lego YouTuber SwiftBricks has a video up.. doesn't  appear to have Dragold.

As others have already pointed out, a Dragold minifig makes ZERO sense because the Hedwig set doesn’t provide a stand for him :tongue: Sure, they could include an extension for the stand as an add-on, but A) that’d be completely useless on its own and B) the completed stand would not be symmetrical any more :grin:

My guess is we are not getting a new set.thr report suggests something big and to get this close to the end of the 20th anniversary and heard nothing would be remarkable. 

A new video game would be great, although the two from the PS3/Xbox 360 era aren't too outdated when compared to the Star Wars ones which are getting a revamp. 

The Hogwarts game that was delayed until next year may be another factor against a game as perhaps WB wouldn't want competition. 

Perhaps a TV series/special/shorts released on HBO Max as with other WB properties? Similar to what Lego Star Wars has on Disney Plus. Possibly set around Christmas. 

There has already been a big contest (well, I only heard about it the day it closed haha) so probably not that either! 

47 minutes ago, Seaber said:

My guess is we are not getting a new set.thr report suggests something big and to get this close to the end of the 20th anniversary and heard nothing would be remarkable. 

A new video game would be great, although the two from the PS3/Xbox 360 era aren't too outdated when compared to the Star Wars ones which are getting a revamp. 

The Hogwarts game that was delayed until next year may be another factor against a game as perhaps WB wouldn't want competition. 

Perhaps a TV series/special/shorts released on HBO Max as with other WB properties? Similar to what Lego Star Wars has on Disney Plus. Possibly set around Christmas. 

There has already been a big contest (well, I only heard about it the day it closed haha) so probably not that either! 

Yeah I'm hesitant to say video game at this time, although they are covering Star Wars again so they might want to/have no doubt thought about doing the same with their other IPs. Not sure how they could differentiate it from the first games other than using the updated designs and throwing in Fantastic Beasts levels? As at least with the Star Wars game, they have planet exploration to play around with, Episodes 8 and 9, and loads of other stuff to chuck in if they wanted to.

Edited by drewdotexe

4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

The GWP has landed in some peoples hands, Lego YouTuber SwiftBricks has a video up.. doesn't  appear to have Dragold.

But it really comes with 4 collectible tiles and they are random again. Not the 4 displayed on the front of the box.

Edited by mark1991t
Swiftbricks video for reference.

1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

But it really comes with 4 collectible tiles and they are random again. Not the 4 displayed on the front of the box.

Well that's even better. At least now I have a chance to get someone new and not another Snape, McGonagall and Berty

5 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

I was hoping the video showed the front of the build.  I'm curious to see how that section of the castle will appear from the outside.  I looks like there may be 2 double columns of windows?  Hard to tell just from the box. 

59 minutes ago, wooster said:

I was hoping the video showed the front of the build.  I'm curious to see how that section of the castle will appear from the outside.  I looks like there may be 2 double columns of windows?  Hard to tell just from the box. 

Yeah, I'd have liked that, too. I don't think it's double columns of windows, though. I think it's two 90* rotated 1x4x1 fence pieces that form the gitter of each window. They can't be more than four studs wide each and there are vertical brick yellow lines visible within the space. 

DF7333-E5-2-DAE-4506-A18-E-2-D4-E8-C9005

Alright you dream mangling mob, how about Dragold and Gobby, then, with stand bases included? :tongue: (Dobby was first seen as a minifig in 2002, as were Draco and McGonagall.)

Edited by krimimimi

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Yeah, I'd have liked that, too. I don't think it's double columns of windows, though. I think it's two 90* rotated 1x4x1 fence pieces that form the gitter of each window. They can't be more than four studs wide each and there are vertical brick yellow lines visible within the space. 

DF7333-E5-2-DAE-4506-A18-E-2-D4-E8-C9005

Alright you dream mangling mob, how about Dragold and Gobby, then, with stand bases included? :tongue: (Dobby was first seen as a minifig in 2002, as were Draco and McGonagall.)

Gobby with brick-built Dobby Sock!!

6 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Counterpoint: Golden Dobby would be terrifying.

Can someone tell me what GWP stands for please? I might be being very stupid here but I don’t know. 

Also are we going to be able to purchase the dorm separately? 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Can someone tell me what GWP stands for please? I might be being very stupid here but I don’t know. 

Gift With Purchase.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Counterpoint: Golden Dobby would be terrifying.

To be fair, that was pretty much true of the non-golden house elves as well. Would not have wanted to wake up to something like that. :sceptic:

31 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Also are we going to be able to purchase the dorm separately? 

They don't generally turn bonus gifts into regular sets (the Bricktober minifig set with Boggart!Snape was an exception that comes to mind), if a GWP is purchasable at some point, it's usually because it was the other way around, that they used something like the Hermione polybag as an extra gift. The sets do however reappear from time to time as a GWP at a later point (like last year's Monster Book of Monsters). That's not consistent enough that I'd want to count on it, though. 

28 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

To be fair, that was pretty much true of the non-golden house elves as well. Would not have wanted to wake up to something like that. :sceptic:

They don't generally turn bonus gifts into regular sets (the Bricktober minifig set with Boggart!Snape was an exception that comes to mind), if a GWP is purchasable at some point, it's usually because it was the other way around, that they used something like the Hermione polybag as an extra gift. The sets do however reappear from time to time as a GWP at a later point (like last year's Monster Book of Monsters). That's not consistent enough that I'd want to count on it, though. 

It seems odd this wouldn’t be a set as it’s a fairly detailed set and something we need to build/expand our Hogwarts Castle.  In my opinion it’s also an area of Hogwarts that did have a fair bit of screen time throughout all the movies don’t you think.  Imo we need it. 

Is that the fence piece turned sideways for the window? If so, I really really love that part usage and variety it will bring to the outside facade

Originally I figured I would use the wizard tile piece but it's actually a really beautiful interior- easily better than, say, the Fluffy set. I think this is undoubtably in my top five favorite GWPs

Edited by evanevanevan

Does anyone know anything about the HP GWP being removed from the US store calendar? A friend just asked me about it, and she's right, it isn't on the calendar available via https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores anymore, although it still turns up via google on their site:

Current version via /stores with no HP GWP:

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt9b1344d72ba59799/10_October_Calendar_US.pdf

Previous version with Dorm GWP:

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/bltae7c7c556e7aabe8/10_October_Calendar_US.pdf

But none of the usual suspects have mentioned it... 

@Legoman123 https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-2022/130217/ and click your browser's translate button or use the keywords to google for a different source. (Promobricks were the original source of the info.)

Edited by krimimimi

50 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Does anyone know anything about the HP GWP being removed from the US store calendar? A friend just asked me about it, and she's right, it isn't on the calendar available via https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores anymore, although it still turns up via google on their site:

It's also missing from the UK Calender - I'm not sure it was ever on there to start with though. No trace of Hermione Polybag either. 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

It's also missing from the UK Calender - I'm not sure it was ever on there to start with though. No trace of Hermione Polybag either. 

Canada as well, and the Aussie one didn't even have a calendar to download (just the place for it) when I checked this morning. The German one is largely blank, but it was probably largely blank to begin with. (We usually get our news from the US one.)

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

It wasn't on there from the start, same for Germany and The Netherlands.

I asked Marcos Bessa and it seems that whatever the reason for removing it from store calendar it wasn't because of production issues. He said even boxes are ready