Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 9/28/2021 at 4:57 AM, drewdotexe said:

Quidditch teams would be fantastic, perhaps alongside a new Quidditch set build which must be coming soon. One of each uniform with a random assortment of hair and heads. It's cheap enough to customise a Gryffindor and Slytherin team, but Hufflepuff is still quite rare until that LEGO Book is fully released, and Ravenclaw torsos are still too expensive for as long as they're exclusive to Diagon Alley.

Death Eaters would be good but I think for HP they would keep the theme light and do something like Quidditch or another students set.

I’d love to see it included a torso from each team(and I say that as someone who has a full Hufflepuff team). It would be the easiest way to do it I think. Then, in addition to a few heads/hair, throw in some beater bats & brooms & were set. 

10 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’d love to see it included a torso from each team(and I say that as someone who has a full Hufflepuff team). It would be the easiest way to do it I think. Then, in addition to a few heads/hair, throw in some beater bats & brooms & were set. 

Lego must know how well a Quidditch minifigure pack would sell surely. Kids would love it because of the 'battle' and 'game' potential, AFOLs would love it for the figure MOC and amassable potential. It seems like a no brainer, unless they want to make it a small but pricier set like they're effectively doing with the SW Dark Trooper set.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lego must know how well a Quidditch minifigure pack would sell surely. Kids would love it because of the 'battle' and 'game' potential, AFOLs would love it for the figure MOC and amassable potential. It seems like a no brainer, unless they want to make it a small but pricier set like they're effectively doing with the SW Dark Trooper set.

For sure. If they read these forums like they say they do, they should definitely know. I’m not sure what could go into a BP style build though. The spectator stands would be awesome from an AFOL view, but I’m certain kids won’t get excited about building bleachers. :laugh:

So at this point, am I a fool if I'm still waiting for the next castle set from the 2018 reboot? :sceptic:

48 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Yes. Go home, foolish fooly fool, Fool of a Took.

Wrong fandom. :tongue: 

Hi guys, I present you newest version of my Hogwarts layout I have been working on this year. It started as custom arrangement of all 2018-2021 sets but now I started adding my own creations like viaduct, wooden bridge and rock foundation etc. so its actually a MOC. I also post my progression on Instagram so you can check me there :)

5KwHZMk.jpg

iO9g0Jn.jpg

s03CQKc.jpg

yyEWB8s.jpg

Edited by Textorix

So, there's this sticker sheet leak from Home Alone set and apparently Kevin has a new hair colour.

Am I the only one who thinks it could work perfectly for Draco from 3-5 course?

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Hi guys, I present you newest version of my Hogwarts layout I have been working on this year. It started as custom arrangement of all 2018-2021 sets but now I started adding my own creations like viaduct, wooden bridge and rock foundation etc. so its actually a MOC. I am also posting my progression on Instagram so you can check me there :)

5KwHZMk.jpg

iO9g0Jn.jpg

s03CQKc.jpg

yyEWB8s.jpg

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on this site, wow really cool!

13 hours ago, Flixter said:

So, there's this sticker sheet leak from Home Alone set and apparently Kevin has a new hair colour.

Am I the only one who thinks it could work perfectly for Draco from 3-5 course?

Ooh potentially.

Flitwicks hair in blond/tan may work too.

I tried the Neville/Lupin hair in tan for Draco and it just did not look quite right.

16 hours ago, Textorix said:

Hi guys, I present you newest version of my Hogwarts layout I have been working on this year. It started as custom arrangement of all 2018-2021 sets but now I started adding my own creations like viaduct, wooden bridge and rock foundation etc. so its actually a MOC. I also post my progression on Instagram so you can check me there :)

5KwHZMk.jpg

iO9g0Jn.jpg

s03CQKc.jpg

yyEWB8s.jpg

This is absolutely incredible. Hands down, my favorite moc to date. It respects the original designs of the LEGO team and maintains their integrity, while just adding a few extra elements to create a complete Hogwarts layout. Really well done. Will you be selling instructions?

16 hours ago, Darkslayer said:

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on this site, wow really cool!

Thank you, I am really happy you like it!

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

This is absolutely incredible. Hands down, my favorite moc to date. It respects the original designs of the LEGO team and maintains their integrity, while just adding a few extra elements to create a complete Hogwarts layout. Really well done. Will you be selling instructions?

Omg thank you man. And yeah, my main goal was exactly to avoid MOCing official sets and instead use them in the best way possible while also adding something extra which still fits to it. I have never done MOC building before (this is basically my first custom creation) so I dont have any experience with selling instructions but one day I might make instructions to this and just share them. Also Bell Towers building is not my own MOC, I bought the design for it from JL.Bricks who is simply one of the best Lego HP MOC builders.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

We need detailed common rooms and dorms in my opinion.  

We may get them (at least common room) in Hogwarts Trunk

50 minutes ago, Flixter said:

We may get them (at least common room) in Hogwarts Trunk

What is that? 

I really don’t get why Lego stopped the gray roof themed Hogwarts when it wasn’t even completed.  I feel they have really messed the line up now. 

Edited by Legoman123

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

What is that?

New set, where you'll be able to create different iconic scenes and locations, such as sorting, common room etc. 

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

What is that? 

I really don’t get why Lego stopped the gray roof themed Hogwarts when it wasn’t even completed.  I feel they have really messed the line up now. 

Just swap the roof for grey and its okay. People including me were whining that these new sets dont match with the 2018-2020 line when in reality all you have to do is to play with it a bit and you will get complete looking castle.

15 hours ago, Textorix said:

Thank you, I am really happy you like it!

Omg thank you man. And yeah, my main goal was exactly to avoid MOCing official sets and instead use them in the best way possible while also adding something extra which still fits to it. I have never done MOC building before (this is basically my first custom creation) so I dont have any experience with selling instructions but one day I might make instructions to this and just share them. Also Bell Towers building is not my own MOC, I bought the design for it from JL.Bricks who is simply one of the best Lego HP MOC builders.

I also really like your MOC. It's a perfect mix between new structures and using existing sets. I would appreciate if you will release an instruction for the MOC. At the moment I'm trying to find a proper arrangement for the sets by myself. I have the privilege to own all the system scale Hogwarts Castle Sets from 2018 to 2021 two times. Therefore I'm thinking about to build enclosed versions of the buildings or bigger versions with an open side for better access.

13 minutes ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

I also really like your MOC. It's a perfect mix between new structures and using existing sets. I would appreciate if you will release an instruction for the MOC. At the moment I'm trying to find a proper arrangement for the sets by myself. I have the privilege to own all the system scale Hogwarts Castle Sets from 2018 to 2021 two times. Therefore I'm thinking about to build enclosed versions of the buildings or bigger versions with an open side for better access.

I started with opened version on the back to have access to interior but I didnt like it that much because I rather wanted it to be movie accurate and displayable from multiple angles. Anyways good luck with figuring out your Hogwarts layout! :)

Thank you. I don't care too much about movie accuracy. The displayablility from diffent angles is what I do prefer. But with the connected buildings it is sometime difficult to find a proper way to open the buildings, mostly because of the connection points and the limited space. I think that Crimson Coronet has found a good way for an enclosed version of the great hall. with only one detachable wall we could get access to the interior but can also have complete buildings.

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we able to add bits from the suitcase set to the castle? 

I don't think this is known yet.