Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I still need to pick up some HP sets, so I'll hold off until this freebie comes out. While it isn't the most exciting set, it's free, so I'm happy. I likely wouldn't purchase it if it was available that way. Now I just have to hope the sets I want will be available come 10/25. 

Hey does anyone here no where you can find the Lego store Calendar for Australia. I want to know the threshold for the promo in $AUS. I found the page for the U.S that shows it , but there is nothing under the Lego Store calendars section in the equivalent. I know that it's going to be more expensive than the conversion of $100 US (roughly $130), but I hope its around $170-$180.

It is great that it is a GWP in minifigscale for once and a way to include the chocolate frog cards. 4 Cards is generous is such a small set and I do think the set will look even better with all of them on the wall. Nice that it included a chocolate frog unlike most of the other sets this year, but it should have included a owl as well :shrug_oh_well:

I was dissapointed when I saw it considering I already had all the sets I was going to get, but then realised it should be super easy to buy all the parts of bricks and pieces. So i'm just going to do that. Hopefully the instructions are uploaded online in the near future and I can order the parts with my wife's Christmas sets. Definitely like the idea of displaying all the cards in Ron's room. :-D

Can somebody share a link with me, I would like to see that GWP set, however, can't see anything on LEGO website.

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is great that it is a GWP in minifigscale for once and a way to include the chocolate frog cards. 4 Cards is generous is such a small set and I do think the set will look even better with all of them on the wall. Nice that it included a chocolate frog unlike most of the other sets this year, but it should have included a owl as well :shrug_oh_well:

I just realised there’s loads of other printed tiles that could look good next to the cards too - as I’m not planning to get a complete chocolate frog collection I might also put up the Daily Prophet, Quibbler and DA list - I’ve never been really had a place for them so they always seem to be lying around 

It's OK! I kind of talked myself around to buying the chess set, but tbh if this doesn't come out in the UK until next January, that will be even better for me. It's very cute, considering it's a GWP probably made of an abundance of spare pieces!

I wonder if the Golden minifig stand that came with the Hogwarts Icons set can be customised to also hold all of the Chocolate Frog cards? Maybe extend the plinth vertically to make room.

24 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I wonder if the Golden minifig stand that came with the Hogwarts Icons set can be customised to also hold all of the Chocolate Frog cards?

I mean, it's LEGO. Nearly everything is possible :grin:

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

Can somebody share a link with me, I would like to see that GWP set, however, can't see anything on LEGO website.

I checked the US, Dutch, and Polish pages and it seems only the US one has the calendar for September and October. The Dutch one only has the one for September. While the Polish page has no calendars on it.

Not sure if I'm allowed to share the link, but here you go: https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores (for US) and https://www.lego.com/pl-pl/stores (for Poland).

Edited by Salix

18 minutes ago, Salix said:

I checked the US, Dutch, and Polish pages and it seems only the US one has the calendar for September and October. The Dutch one only has the one for September. While the Polish page has no calendars on it.

Not sure if I'm allowed to share the link, but here you go: https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores (for US) and https://www.lego.com/pl-pl/stores (for Poland).

Thanks a lot :)

The Ron and Harry that come with the dormitory GWP, and the Hermione from the polybag, are these figures that can be obtained in other sets?

46 minutes ago, MikeT-HP said:

The Ron and Harry that come with the dormitory GWP, and the Hermione from the polybag, are these figures that can be obtained in other sets?

Yeah they are pretty much worthless. I think I even have duplicates of those versions of Harry and Ron from older sets.

*TLG puts exclusive minifigs in GWP sets* „How dare they?!“

*TLG doesn‘t put exlusive minifigs in GWP sets* „It‘s worthless!“

Sure, it’s not necessarily the same people making these sorts of statements, but as a whole, us fans sure are hard to please :head_back:

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, it’s not necessarily the same people making these sorts of statements, but as a whole, us fans sure are hard to please :head_back:

The figs being reused isn't necessarilly the main problem here, it's the reused figures being the most boring/common/useless variants they could've picked. I'm sure there would be a lot less figure related complaints if they had used robes or jumpers.

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The figs being reused isn't necessarilly the main problem here, it's the reused figures being the most boring/common/useless variants they could've picked. I'm sure there would be a lot less figure related complaints if they had used robes or jumpers.

I will always pick Hogwarts robes over civilian clothes but at least these particular outfits only came in sets that were £50+ ( Whomping Willow and Privet Drive) 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

My thoughts - if they were in their advent calendar jumpers it would be a bigger draw, surely.

One of you always seems to know about their outfits. Was there a scene in the dorms with those clothes I've just forgotten? Christmas they had the Weasley jumpers, they usually change in the Express before arriving at school, and I don't recall a scene after Snape's office in their dorm from CoS (where they obviously hadn't changed first). (I'm just trying to work out why they didn't go with robes or the AC jumpers.)

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

(I'm just trying to work out why they didn't go with robes or the AC jumpers.)

Easy way to get rid of excess stock.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mean I dont really care but those minifigs being worthless is just a fact :D I am okay with them not being exclusive because if they were they would be expansive to get from BL. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Easy way to get rid of excess stock.

Oh, you cynic... (Almost definitely right, though. :laugh:)

For the $100 GWP threshold, does LEGO count it if you buy two sets equaling $99.98 like Kohl’s does when awarding Kohl’s Cash or do you have to hit exactly $100 or above to qualify? Deciding on if I buy Hogsmeade Village Visit and Polyjuice Potion Mistake or Hogsmeade and First Flying Lesson.

7 minutes ago, brick3up2across said:

For the $100 GWP threshold, does LEGO count it if you buy two sets equaling $99.98 like Kohl’s does when awarding Kohl’s Cash or do you have to hit exactly $100 or above to qualify? Deciding on if I buy Hogsmeade Village Visit and Polyjuice Potion Mistake or Hogsmeade and First Flying Lesson.

$100 or above. 

51 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

Next year do we get the Slytherin common room?

No, next year we get the Gryffindor common room again in a brand new Hogwarts system - but this time, the castle roof is sand purple! :pir_tong2:

On a serious note, though, do GWPs tend to follow a theme - as in, linked sets year on year? My impression was that it was kinda arbitrary!