Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

they probably included it so they can reuse the head for future non-PoA Lupin figures

:thumbup: Yes, I was thinking about this too.

16 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

How do you post photos on here?  I took a photo of a chocolate frog tile display I made but it says the max I can upload is 0.03MB, that is tiny.  I see people posting photos on here all the time of whole Hogwarts displays etc.  Is there a trick to it?

Also, not sure if this is permitted here so apologies if not, I was needing just 1 tile to make a complete wizarding tile collection and I got 2 of them in the last set I bought meaning I have a complete spare set of 16 tiles to sell.  If anyone is interested I am happy to sell at below common marketplace price of ebay etc. if you want to message me.

Upload to Flickr and link to the image, I think there is a guide on the forum in the general section somewhere :)

On another note, I got to a LEGO store!!! The chess set actually looked super cool built up. Sort of tempted by it now to be honest.

The Icons set looked better in person, but Hedwig was the standout by far, sadly not changed my mind on that one being worth the cost.

Edited by drewdotexe

10 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Upload to Flickr and link to the image, I think there is a guide on the forum in the general section somewhere :)

On another note, I got to a LEGO store!!! The chess set actually looked super cool built up. Sort of tempted by it now to be honest.

The Icons set looked better in person, but Hedwig was the standout by far, sadly not changed my mind on that one being worth the cost.

I really like the chess set, even with its repetitive building of the chess pieces. Plus, you get extras of those great gladiator swords in black & white. 

The announcement of the dark troopers "battle pack" got me thinking whether we might ever see similar sets in Harry Potter.  I'm sure we might have discussed this before a while ago but it's an interesting thought.

The accessory packs are an indicator that a heavily minifigure focussed set might be possible - I'm sure these would be very popular, though LEGO might want to use the minifigures as a draw for bigger sets.  Possibilities off the top of my head:

• OotP Death eaters (Lucius, Bellatrix, two masked death eaters) and Order (Sirius, Tonks, Moody, Lupin) with appropriate sidebuilds e.g. prophecy shelves, veil
  • Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams (would be nice opportunity to get Katy Bell, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet)
  • Battle of Hogwarts would be an obvious shout, plenty of interesting choices such as Aberforth Dumbledore or the Carrows

It seems unlikely, but if LEGO did make sets of this type, is there anything that you would especially like to see?

Edited by Yope

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

HP has finally managed to crack the top 5 best-selling themes in 1HY: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-halbjahresergebnis-2021/

Yeah, the theme‘s not going anywhere in the foreseeable future :excited:

Impressive, but it has probably been top 5 best-selling theme since 2018 if we look at sales per set instead of comparing e.g. themes with 5 sets a year to themes with 50 :wink:

I thought it was among the top 6 last year? At least it is usually mentioned very frequently on the press-conferences etc that they have when they present the half year results so no doubt it is a best seller theme :sweet:

3 hours ago, Yope said:

The announcement of the dark troopers "battle pack" got me thinking whether we might ever see similar sets in Harry Potter.  I'm sure we might have discussed this before a while ago but it's an interesting thought.

The accessory packs are an indicator that a heavily minifigure focussed set might be possible - I'm sure these would be very popular, though LEGO might want to use the minifigures as a draw for bigger sets.  Possibilities off the top of my head:

• OotP Death eaters (Lucius, Bellatrix, two masked death eaters) and Order (Sirius, Tonks, Moody, Lupin) with appropriate sidebuilds e.g. prophecy shelves, veil
  • Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams (would be nice opportunity to get Katy Bell, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet)
  • Battle of Hogwarts would be an obvious shout, plenty of interesting choices such as Aberforth Dumbledore or the Carrows

It seems unlikely, but if LEGO did make sets of this type, is there anything that you would especially like to see?

Quidditch teams would be fantastic, perhaps alongside a new Quidditch set build which must be coming soon. One of each uniform with a random assortment of hair and heads. It's cheap enough to customise a Gryffindor and Slytherin team, but Hufflepuff is still quite rare until that LEGO Book is fully released, and Ravenclaw torsos are still too expensive for as long as they're exclusive to Diagon Alley.

Death Eaters would be good but I think for HP they would keep the theme light and do something like Quidditch or another students set.

Edited by drewdotexe

4 hours ago, Yope said:

I'm not sure we'd get so many named characters. The Dark Trooper pack, iirc, is one named major character and three unnamed army builders of an in-demand figure. I doubt we'd get the Order, because I can't see them putting four named characters in a set like that, and the Order doesn't have unnamed characters. Others are possible, though: as you mentioned, the Death Eaters and Quidditch Teams are a distinct prospect. Death Eaters could very easily be one named character (Lucius, maybe, or Barty Crouch Jr) and three in the hood/mask. Quidditch Teams could be side characters 'insignificant' enough to be generics. Alicia Spinnet is essentially a glorified extra in the films, and Katie Bell during her Quidditch days is just as insignificant (does she play Quidditch in the HBP film? I know she does in the book, but there's far less of the Quidditch stuff in the films), so them + Angelina + Harry would make a logical set. It could also easily be paired with a Slytherin set including Malfoy + Flint + Higgs + someone else (probably the female Keeper from PS, to keep gender balance - and it's not like there are any other named Slytherin players in the films, so including her wouldn't mean missing out on a named character.

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw would be tougher prospects. Who do we know from their respective Qudditch teams, other than Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang? Roger Davies for Ravenclaw, Zacharias Smith? for Hufflepuff. If anything they'd probably combine the two houses into one.

New October Calendar dropped with a picture of the Gryffindor Rooms - seems to come with FOUR (4) Choclate Card pieces. 2 Beds, and a chest. 

Also - FREE Hermione's Study Desk as well (In-Store Only)

Edited by Prometheus87

11 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

New October Calendar dropped with a picture of the Gryffindor Rooms - seems to come with FOUR (4) Choclate Card pieces. 2 Beds, and a chest. 

Also - FREE Hermione's Study Desk as well (In-Store Only)

Where do you see it?

Nvm, I found it on LEGO's website.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Very dissapointing set... And the wall for cards is so uncreative :/

Edited by uPawelek

Wow, this looks really good! That build for the four-poster beds is great, and it's nice you get two, with an attachment point for a third if you build it yourself. It's also great to have an official display area for your Famous Witch/Wizard cards, and it makes sense here- Ron is just an avid card collector as everyone in this forum, after all! 

My only complaint is the minifigures- nobody was thirsting for a third set of that same casual Harry and Ron. Two sets of robes (the open variant) would've been ideal, and if they wanted to mix it up I would've preferred the Christmas jumpers. Still a great set though, probably the best HP GWP yet!

It‘s very nice that they actually thought of a way to display the wizard card tiles :laugh: Looks like I‘ve ordered my purple 8*16 plates for nothing :tongue:

12 minutes ago, uPawelek said:

Very dissapointing set... And the wall for cards is so uncreative :/

My thoughts exactly, the weakest Harry Potter promo so far for me :sceptic:

Is the dorm/Hermione set available in the UK? Can't seem to find the UK Calender. 

Best part of the set is the bed and four cards. Shame the torsos are casual though! Still a few nice tan parts though. 

I'm not a fan of the new Hogwarts system personally (the girls' bathroom is the only set that I got and plan to get from it), so while this doesn't really affect me, I think it's strange that a whole section of this new Hogwarts system is locked behind a GWP. I'm sure they won't include this set in pictures of the full castle in the future, so where would this even fit in at?

OMG that's one of the best promos I've ever seen!!! Can't wait to buy and am so glad that by the looks of it plate with the cards can be removed

3 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

My thoughts exactly, the weakest Harry Potter promo so far for me :sceptic:

To me, while ok, it looks super basic, as if there wasn't a lot of design thought put into it. I'd almost think this was designed in a hurry to make it a GWP or was severely made smaller from a bigger design. 

Just looking at the pic from the calendar and looks to be a second bed off to the left hand side. Might be included and can be swapped out for the chest on the left the dorm?

A cool set, but not that exciting.

I love the fact that it includes a Card display, and that you can connect it to the castle.

The rest isn't exciting tho - not the build, nor the minifigs. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I love love love the dorm! This promo is better than all the others for me just because it fits with the existing sets so well - it's still a useful parts pack for castle pieces and I like the builds for the beds. Also with how square the rooms can be when they are lined up it will be very easy to expand this into a full Common Room! 

It does look like there's an exterior wall behind the plate for the cards too and even if there isn't I've got enough of those 4x6 castle panels from the old Mos Eisley set that I can cover up any gaps and fit it right into the Chamber of Secrets tower - I think between Lockhart's classroom and the Girl's Bathroom will work. 

I also find it really funny that Lego were stingy with chocolate frog tiles in smaller sets only to completely unload all their excess stock into this and the polybag - I'm not definitely not complaining tho :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Just looking at the pic from the calendar and looks to be a second bed off to the left hand side. Might be included and can be swapped out for the chest on the left the dorm?

Sort of looks like the chest fits in the center in a perpendicularly with the two beds in place.  

I think for a GWP, it’s pretty great if it were an actual retail set, then it would be held to a different standard. I really love the bunk bed builds and might give us a glimpse of how the Hospital wing might look but with different colors. To me it’s easily the most useful GWP and not just a simple throwaway. Also getting 4 wizard cards is pretty dope as well.