Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

So can anyone confirm the price of the Hospital wing? Has it increased for everyone or just Germans?

It hasn't increased. It was just incorrect. It's 50€ instead of 40€.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Also, just to make a brief point with a few characters off the top of my head, Lego has no problem with making figures who aren't straight, so no figures are off the table.

Don't forget Batwoman. 

Minifigs... So out of curiosity, I had a poke around the list of HP Funko Pop figures. I assume the markets are different because the release of Funko Pops doesn't correspond to a scene so much as an outfit, and I'm exceedingly happy with a different facial expression on a minifig to have more range, but it's interesting to see characters like Rita, Karkaroff, the Bloody Baron, Fang, various Patronuses (including Snape's doe) and the Grindylow on the list of 135 figures when we haven't seen them in an an even larger sized run (191 lego minifigs since 2018). Pomfrey and Narcissa Malfoy were thus far absent from both. (So pleased we're finally seeing the Matron.)

So I've just got the Official 2022 yearbook with Lucius minifigure and what I found really interesting / totally ironic, is that one of the activities in the book is a 'find the right path' game to help Ron, Hermione and Harry reach Bellatrix's vault. The accompanying picture also shows the Harry minifigure in the Grawp and The Burrow sets, Hermione's AT head and hair combo on Bellatrix's body, but Ron gets a new outfit. Now I'm not sure if the outfit is made of parts from another theme, but I don't recognise it. That being said: 

1) Why include this DH reference considering the comments about it not fitting with their branding so well? It could have just been help Harry find his own Gringotts vault ... And

2) Considering that all other characters pictured in the book are either from current sets / CMFs, one from an old set (Narcissa Malfoy), or they are just students pictured in the generic Hogwarts uniforms, could Ron's outfit and the inclusion of this puzzle suggest a Gringotts is coming in 2022, seeing as this is the 2022 yearbook? It could just be that they needed a picture of Ron in DH Gringotts attire to go with the puzzle, but like I said I find it a totally ironic decision if so.

Interested to see what you all think and if anyone with the book recognises that torso from anywhere else. :classic:

39 minutes ago, williejm said:

Whoa! We’re finally getting a Dumbledore figure?!

Dumbledore? Pfff...tell me when the french version of Dumbly-dorr comes out :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Flixter said:

You know, I wonder if there's possibility we will get full FB CMF instead of HP 3. Perhaps they could even include few characters from 2 movie (Lida, Flamel, Nagini, Creadence)

Considering we'll have a lot of chances to get the remaining Potter figures in future sets I'd definitely prefer a FB series over a HP series with a few spots completely wasted on more unnecessary trio, Neville and Luna variants.

6 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

@BacktoBricks Hmm that’s very interesting. I always love seeing the pictures in those books and looking for possible hints.

I mean I don't normally read much into them, but I just find it strange that with this one, Ron's outfit is the only 'made up' thing. Which is why it has me questioning if it is 'made up'. Otherwise it just annoys me that a kids' activities book can have DH references despite the comments about it not really fitting their brand.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering we'll have a lot of chances to get the remaining Potter figures in future sets I'd definitely prefer a FB series over a HP series with a few spots completely wasted on more unnecessary trio, Neville and Luna variants.

I completely disagree. If we do get characters in sets, they are going to be of lesser quality (no leg printing, reused faces) and missing out on 10 new molds will cut down many people’s wish lists a great deal. For me, there’s no comparison. 

2 hours ago, Flixter said:

UK is in Western Europe, so I assume they will get higher 

The statements are around pricing changes in Eurozone countries. The UK is not on the Euro, nor even in the EU anymore.

33 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The statements are around pricing changes in Eurozone countries. The UK is not on the Euro, nor even in the EU anymore.

Yesss. Brexit came in useful after all.

5 hours ago, Flixter said:

UK is in Western Europe, so I assume they will get higher 

Even tho I’m not a British guy, you forgot about Brexit stuff. 

Been a while since I posted here, but today’s news about FB3 - The Secrets of Dumbledore - compounded with the revelation that LEGO Wizarding World could be one of the 4 CMF releases next year has me hyped.

I imagine Warner Brothers is planning to go all out with their marketing and licensing campaigns for this film. Reports indicate the studio sees Secrets of Dumbledore as their opportunity to relaunch the FB franchise following disappointing returns for Crimes of Grindelwald.

We also just learned that Jurassic World Dominion is getting a whopping 10 LEGO sets to coincide with that movie’s release next year - the biggest wave of licensed LEGO sets to ever be released alongside a new film.

From a sales and marketing perspective, all of these factors point to us getting a bunch of new Fantastic Beasts sets next year as part of the LEGO Wizarding World 2022 wave - including a potential CMF series with at least a portion of the minifigs coming from FB.

What sets and minifigs do you all think we could be getting? I think we can agree that a buildable Niffler set is all but guaranteed (groan), but I’d also love to see Newt’s London townhome with the magic zoo in the basement (maybe something similar to the LEGO Lockwood Manor set), the British Ministry of Magic, the Circus Arcanus w a Zouwu, the LeStrange Mausoleum, etc...

31 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

compounded with the revelation that LEGO Wizarding World could be one of the 4 CMF releases next year has me hyped.

We also just learned that Jurassic World Dominion is getting a whopping 10 LEGO sets to coincide with that movie’s release next year - the biggest wave of licensed LEGO sets to ever be released alongside a new film.

There is no such revelation. The only bit of news is that there will be 4 series, two of which we currently know about. The other two could be anything!

Further, Jurassic World Dominion is not necessarily getting 10 sets to coincide with its release. There are 10 Jurassic-tied sets (based on set numbers), 6 of which are currently rumoured to be Dominion based and will presumably coincide with its release. The others might or might not be based on Dominion, and could release at other points in the year.

Regardless of WB's media push, I personally think LEGO is going to be a bit hesitant. They know HP sells, they don't know if FB sells. FB is aimed at an older audience. LEGO barely made any sets to coincide with CoG. I could go on, but I'm not expecting much FB material personally.

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Oh, yes, I forgot 

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Even tho I’m not a British guy, you forgot about Brexit stuff. 

I can't forget something I never knew. I'm not interested in politics

Edited by Flixter

17 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I keep hoping we’ll get photos of the GWP or January sets. :look:

Too early for the latter, unless a brave soul wants to destroy their business relations with TLG :laugh: The watermarks in the catalogues seem to work, for the most part

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Too early for the latter, unless a brave soul wants to destroy their business relations with TLG :laugh: The watermarks in the catalogues seem to work, for the most part

I mean the winter ones though. Didn’t the moments get leaked around this time last year? It was it a bit later on?

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I mean the winter ones though. Didn’t the moments get leaked around this time last year? It was it a bit later on?

Last year they leaked on 6th October, so we still have 2 more weeks. Although I'd expect them to be leaked in mid-October

Don‘t forget that the source that leaked the catalogue got burned because their watermark was all over the pictures. I highly doubt they‘ll ever get their hands on a catalogue again :laugh_hard: Same goes for the source that provided the 2HY pictures