Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow! Sounds like a really cool GWP, even if it's absolutely comical by now how LEGO continues to do Harry Potter GWPs when there aren't any new standard Harry Potter releases. This is... what, 4-for-4?

10 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow! Sounds like a really cool GWP, even if it's absolutely comical by now how LEGO continues to do Harry Potter GWPs when there aren't any new standard Harry Potter releases. This is... what, 4-for-4?

Yeah, that's sort of weird, right? I've gotten into the habit of waiting to buy any HP when it gets released because of this. 

16 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@drewdotexe you might want to check the ebay prices of things like the accessory packs or the exclusive / rare sets. Any set that typically goes for at least as much on ebay as it does at the S@H will help you meet the GWP threshold, if you're willing to faff about with the selling and posting that is. 

I might end up doing that, or just paying a premium for the GWP if it's worth it.

Part of me is thinking to just buy another Hogsmeade so that I can mock up a more accurate Three Broomsticks. The other part of me is hoping they just delay the GWP to January.

Latest rumour on instagram from reliable sources is that there will be 4 CMF series in 2022 - this includes the classic one and the Muppets one in Spring.  Pretty sure it's normally just 3 series a year (e.g. classic/Looney Tunes/Marvel) so this greatly improves our chance of getting a third HP CMF series!  I've given before a guess as to what we might get if there is another series but thought it would be fun to come up with a dream scenario too:

• Rita Skeeter with quick quotes quill and newspaper of interview with Harry
  • Barty Crouch Sr with dual-moulded Triwizard Cup (I just don't think they've done this right yet)
  • Madam Pince with new hair/hat mould
  • Kreacher with locket
  • OotP Sirius
  • Mundungus Fletcher with Umbridge newspaper (would love to get new prints of newspapers)
  • Lee Jordan with microphone and scoreboard
  • Percy Weasley as prefect with hair/hat mould from scene leading Gryffindors to the common room
  • OotP Dolohov with masked alternative
  • Bloody Baron in style of first Nearly Headless Nick
  • Hagrid in red shirt from PS with fang
  • Xenophilius Lovegood with Tales of Beedle the Bard book

This is far too obscure to be a realistic selection but I think they'd be good uses of CMF spots and I'd buy them all in a heartbeat!

I still don't think a Series 3 is happening next year. A CMF would be great news for us but looking at the matter from LEGO's POV it's way smarter to save every character/variant they can get so they can use them in future sets, especially with the theme not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. 

21 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I still don't think a Series 3 is happening next year. A CMF would be great news for us but looking at the matter from LEGO's POV it's way smarter to save every character/variant they can get so they can use them in future sets, especially with the theme not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. 

Mm, not sure how many unique variants of the trio we have left unless LEGO lean into DH, there are no teachers left without speaking roles once Pomfrey is out. Think we have almost every iteration of Dumbledore, Luna and Neville (very popular characters who show up every year in both CMF series).

That leaves six gaps, I could see perhaps Sirius, Rita, a new McGonagall in black robes, HBP Draco, Kreacher and Tonks. But those are six minifigures that would sell a set entirely on their own, so yeah. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by drewdotexe

While there are few more obvious DH variants of the trio which may get made first a version of the trio I personally would enjoy having would be from the Y3 Hogsmeade visit.

Harry: Recolour of  Lloyd hood into dark blue, invisibility cloak again, new print of the 2x3 map with Peter’s name tag.

Ron: new wool hat mould, a new Chocolate frog card of Merlin for accessory or some  new printed item from Zonko’s.

Hermione: new colour of hidden side wool hat/hair combo, for an accessory she could have an updated new mould for Crookshanks (fat, flat faced cat with thick tail)

10 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If there’s no CMF this year we can kiss goodbye to getting many new creatures or items that require a new mold. 

On top of my head we have gotten:

1. hare
  2. otter
  3. flying owl
  4. stag
  5. thestral
  6. hippogriff

In addition to several animal body-parts outside the CMF budget in HP/FB so I would not give up hope yet for a Fang mould etc next year regardless of a CMF 3 or not :wink:

21 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If there’s no CMF this year we can kiss goodbye to getting many new creatures or items that require a new mold. 

Yeah, one of the best things about the CMF is the new heads, hair and accessories - I think the first two waves had about 10-12 new pieces each. 

If this years sets follow last years, Pomfrey may get a new hair/hat like McGonnagall did in the 2021 winter wave. 

The summer wave had the Hermione Cat Head, Cornish Pixies, Fang heads and Basilisk parts off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

On top of my head we have gotten:

1. hare
  2. otter
  3. flying owl
  4. stag
  5. thestral
  6. hippogriff

In addition to several animal body-parts outside the CMF budget in HP/FB so I would not give up hope yet for a Fang mould etc next year regardless of a CMF 3 or not :wink:

Good point, and that thought provides some relief. I really want to see Fang, Snape's doe Patronus, and in a perfect world, that scene with Harry, Draco, Fang, Voldemort, the dead unicorn (I know, unlikely, but there's been 'worse') and they could give us Firenze there, too. Speaking of whom, I believe that's a teacher with a speaking role we haven't seen yet as a minifig. I'd also like to eventually see Thestrals in a HP (and not FB) set; I'm still lobbying for the carriage scene in Hogsmeade. 

On 9/20/2021 at 3:44 AM, BrickFunatic said:

I’d love if it was an error that it’s a GWP (like the Disney castle) and it’s actually a little $30 set like the Fat Thor one, with a vignette of Christmas morning from PS. :wub:

I know it isn't probable, but we still haven't seen Draco as a golden minifig for the 20th anniversary, and I find it really hard to believe we had Quirrell but no Draco. Maybe that improves the chances this could still be a last set to wrap up the 20th anniversary celebration and give us the 'missing' golden fig? 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Fang heads

Fluffy

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I know it isn't probable, but we still haven't seen Draco as a golden minifig for the 20th anniversary, and I find it really hard to believe we had Quirrell but no Draco. Maybe that improves the chances this could still be a last set to wrap up the 20th anniversary celebration and give us the 'missing' golden fig? 

If there's another golden figure they wouldn't have limited the display base in the D2C to the figures we have now. Not to mention that if Draco would be coming the display base would become asymmetrical. 

14 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If there's another golden figure they wouldn't have limited the display base in the D2C to the figures we have now. Not to mention that if Draco would be coming the display base would become asymmetrical. 

You're right of course, and there go my hopes, crushed! :laugh:(Unless there's an alternative build for it? *wink*)  I was just looking at some things on ebay that included listings for the 'complete' set of six golden figs, as well as picture frames third party vendors were selling for the figs and thinking how that's changed, too. Lego themselves obviously have the advantage of knowing what they're doing well before the sets are released, so if it doesn't fit... :shrug_confused:

Edit: Symmetry isn't always as straightforward as one might expect. One of the cuter frames for the original six figs actually incorporated the golden owl from the lectern and had a 1-0-1, over 5 format, with the logo in the '0's place and the ersatz-Hedwig in the centre of the lower row. Unexpected, but visually appealing. 

Edited by krimimimi

Perhaps impossible, but if a third wave were to happen, I wonder if a Hogwarts statue would be included... a direct link to DH, of course, but random and weird enough to not impact any later sets in a serious way... Highly unlikely, but the thought just occurred to me...

1. Harry (DH final battle outfit) w/ Diadem printed tile and cup (new mold) 
2. Ron (DH final battle outfit) w/ deluminator (new mold) 
3. Hermione (Godric's Hollow coat) with new hair/hat (new mold) OR (DH final battle jacket) with side ponytail (new mold) with bag (same as Luna's from S1) and Tales of Beedle the Bard printed book 
4. Luna (OoTP pink Woods barefoot outfit) w/ Baby Thestral (new mold) 
5. Ginny (HBP Hogwarts Express jacket) w/ Pink Pygmy Puff (new mold)
6. Lavender Brown (HBP Common Room yellow/purple outfit) with new hair w/ bow (new mold) and purple Pygmy Puff 
7. Lee Jordan (PS Quidditch scarf uniform) with new dreadlocks hair (new mold) and gold speaker (same as Flitwick's from S1)
8. Kreacher (OoTP/DH rag) with special head (new mold) w/ printed locket on 2x1 tile
9. Percy Weasley (PS prefect uniform) with new hair/hat (new mold) and existing hair piece (Lockhart's recoloured ginger) to swap out
10. Narcissa Malfoy (HBP green coat) with recoloured hairpiece from British woman in Marvel CMF
11. Lucius Malfoy (black robes) with Death Eater hood, double-sided masked face and new cane (new mold)
12. Sirius Black (OoTP coat) with Black Dog

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Fluffy

Oops :grin:

Looking at the creature placement, there is obviously more in the CMF (*) years and 2018 also introduced the FB creatures. I included the Mandrake which I know are technically plants and Cat Head Hermione who isn't really a creature. Didn't include Boggart Snape. 

2018* (6 new molds):

Aragog, Thestral, Niffler, Dobby, Mandrake, Nagini, Thunderbird, Occamy, Erumpent, Dementor, rubbish Basilisk

2019 (2 new molds):

Hippogriff, Stag, Horntail, Winged Horses

2020* (6 new molds):

Owl in flight, Grawp, Centaurs, Hare, Otter, Goblin, Phoenix, other mandrake

2021 (4 new molds):

Fluffy, Pixies, Basilisk, Cat/Hermione

I get the feeling creatures are like vehicles in that they are good selling points for sets. If the next series of sets focus mostly on PoA and GoF as the winter wave suggests it might, a proper Crookshanks and Mrs Norris, the Grim and Merpeople with Grindylows would be my ideas for most likely. 

The FB movie may change that though! 

Some bad news for ya - Brickmerge has January Harry Potter sets up, and it seems the Hospital Wing and Suitcase's prices were incorrect. Instead of 40€ and 50€, they are 50€ and 60€ respectively.

Kinda sucks that a set with 3 Hogwarts compartments costs 50€, while the Fluffy one, having 4 of them, costs 40€...

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some bad news for ya - Brickmerge has January Harry Potter sets up, and it seems the Hospital Wing and Suitcase's prices were incorrect. Instead of 40€ and 50€, they are 50€ and 60€ respectively.

Kinda sucks that a set with 3 Hogwarts compartments costs 50€, while the Fluffy one, having 4 of them, costs 40€...

While I would prefer to save more money, I think these higher prices aren't necessarily completely bad news. I hope that means they can put in extra things, like more figures, especially in the Suitcase. 

14 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

While I would prefer to save more money, I think these higher prices aren't necessarily completely bad news. I hope that means they can put in extra things, like more figures, especially in the Suitcase. 

I mean we already know piece counts everything they include, descriptions from Promobricks were correct. It's just that their prices were incorrect and the were both actually 10€ more.

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean we already know piece counts everything they include, descriptions from Promobricks were correct. It's just that their prices were incorrect and the were both actually 10€ more.

Yeah, that would DEFINITELY be more disappointing! 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even more bad news, Promobricks had reported prices as a whole were expected to increase in 2022, including on existing sets. The Clock Tower was mentioned specifically as going from 90€ to 100€. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Even more bad news, Promobricks had reported prices as a whole were expected to increase in 2022, including on existing sets. The Clock Tower was mentioned specifically as going from 90€ to 100€. 

This may be the worst idea they've had. I may have to cut the budget then and be more picky with sets. 

Edited by Prometheus87

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I got the impression when i read it, that prices are only going up in Europe. Is that correct? Not that it is any consellation for people in Europe. But just wanting to clarify if thats what other people got from it? Something specifically to do with tax i thought!

Edited by chris6507

46 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I got the impression when i read it, that prices are only going up in Europe. Is that correct? Not that it is any consellation for people in Europe. But just wanting to clarify if thats what other people got from it? Something specifically to do with tax i thought!

According to stonewars (https://www.stonewars.de/news/preiserhoehungen-ab-2022/) they will raise the prices in Western Europe to have one price for Western Europe. At the moment the prices in Europe can differ between the countries.

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

This is y'all's punishment for living in Europe.