Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Last set of the year most likely:
40452 Gryffindor Dorm Room GWP. Includes Ron and Harry minifigures. GWP from the 25th of October until November 7th with $100 spends on Harry Potter. :classic:

Oh wow, that sounds fantastic. Why is it a GWP :ugh:

Will it be avaible in Europe? Or US only? I hope I will be able to buy it from Slovak Lego store because if not I can already see it being sold on Ebay/BrickLink for like 50 bucks like that Monster Book which was just crazy to me.

Edited by Textorix

Ugh, I really hope this will be postponed until January in the UK like the MBoM was last year, so I can get it with the new sets. And I also hope this doesn’t mean a common room set is more unlikely now…

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Ugh, I really hope this will be postponed until January in the UK like the MBoM was last year, so I can get it with the new sets. And I also hope this doesn’t mean a common room set is more unlikely now…

Yeah, i also hope it doesn't mean it, but I assume at this point it will. Slytherin common room probably will be another GWP in the future. They never show Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff and doubt they'd make those sets since HP is based on movies...:cry2:

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Same, don't like being punished for buying the sets when they actually release, scummy sales strategy for loyal fans to be honest!

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I don't think a promo set would have any bearing on main sets in the future. 

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yeah, i also hope it doesn't mean it, but I assume at this point it will. Slytherin common room probably will be another GWP in the future. They never show Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff and doubt they'd make those sets since HP is based on movies...:cry2:

Brick Clicker said it was the Dorm, not the common room. 

Glad I held off on buying most of the summer wave.  Hopefully the sets I  haven't gotten yet will still be in stock to order when this GWP becomes available.  

I hope I'm not the only one very annoyed by this. I bought the COS 2 days ago, giving up on the hope of getting a good GWP and now this comes. Ughhh. I own all the sets apart from the AC, fawkes and the maxifigs (although I'm not getting them). I also don't know how much this is gonna cost in Australia, so I may not have enough sets left to get them. This is soo annoying, I hope it's moved to January so I can combine the 2 sets I plan on getting with some of those sets, but stilll. Come on Lego, Why so late. The sets launched in June, the D2C in Septembers. The GWP, late October. It makes no common sense. Your punishing the fans who love your sets the most.  

I’d love if it was an error that it’s a GWP (like the Disney castle) and it’s actually a little $30 set like the Fat Thor one, with a vignette of Christmas morning from PS. :wub:

Edited by BrickFunatic

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I’d love if it was an error that it’s a GWP (like the Disney castle) and it’s actually a little $30 set like the Fat Thor one, with a vignette of Christmas morning from PS. :wub:

I'm fairly confident it's not a retail set.

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Well this is good news. :classic: Any idea if it will in the modular 2021 format?

Definitely, because it'll connect to Hogwarts

5 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I hope I'm not the only one very annoyed by this. I bought the COS 2 days ago, giving up on the hope of getting a good GWP and now this comes. Ughhh. I own all the sets apart from the AC, fawkes and the maxifigs (although I'm not getting them). I also don't know how much this is gonna cost in Australia, so I may not have enough sets left to get them. This is soo annoying, I hope it's moved to January so I can combine the 2 sets I plan on getting with some of those sets, but stilll. Come on Lego, Why so late. The sets launched in June, the D2C in Septembers. The GWP, late October. It makes no common sense. Your punishing the fans who love your sets the most.  

I am annoyed. I picked up the CoS set when it was 33% off from Amazon, and I think my family/boyfriend have picked up certain sets as Christmas gifts (I specifically asked for Fawkes/been told not to buy anything else lol) so yeah, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place unless they release in January 2022 

I am even more annoyed that the GWP sounds amazing on paper

Edited by drewdotexe

On 9/17/2021 at 1:47 AM, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow, that looks great! That said, I still don't get why everyone's suddenly decided we're not getting the Bell Towers just because we didn't get them in 18-20.

I mean, those ARE 8x8 towers, and, with LEGO doing several Hogwarts sets a year in this new style (and with the Clocktower already done, and as a mid-range set), LEGO needs to cover more of the castle than ever before, and the Bell Towers are a perfect candidate for a ~$100 set in this style, like the CoS was this last year. I never really expected to get them after 2020, but I think they're a shoo-in with the new style.

Agreed 👍 Bell Towers fit this new modular system very well, more so than the rest of the on screen castle

Like the rest of the castle sets this year it could be named on an event/ interior: Sirius Black’s escape (PoA rooms with Buckbeak), Umbridge’s office (OotP rooms etc), Battle of Hogwarts (DH2 rooms such as the hideout)

Does anyone know why LEGO decided to stop doing Hogwarts in the style of the 2018-2020 way? In my opinion it makes no sense at all for them to restart the Hogwarts castle sets.  There are so many rooms they didn’t cover and they never covered the last two movies either.  So why redo it all now.

20 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Does anyone know why LEGO decided to stop doing Hogwarts in the style of the 2018-2020 way? In my opinion it makes no sense at all for them to restart the Hogwarts castle sets.  There are so many rooms they didn’t cover and they never covered the last two movies either.  So why redo it all now.

New version is more about interior (you can see that just looking at the exterior, especially once it's connected) and play features

4 hours ago, Legofania said:

29 minutes ago, Legofania said:

New version is more about interior (you can see that just looking at the exterior, especially once it's connected) and play features

Man, why is this a GWP. It sounds so amazing :wub:

53 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Does anyone know why LEGO decided to stop doing Hogwarts in the style of the 2018-2020 way? In my opinion it makes no sense at all for them to restart the Hogwarts castle sets.  There are so many rooms they didn’t cover and they never covered the last two movies either.

Only LEGO knows the truth... :iamded_lol:

As I read on this topic, LEGO had a three-year-strategy for Harry Potter. So, what we've seen from 2018 to 2020 should be what LEGO though to do with Harry Potter.  I suppose that not really everything was decided at the beginning, but of course the general idea.

This year LEGO decided  to take advantage of the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter LEGO first appearence in 2001 to create a new starting point in the serie. So they restarted from PS, so that new kids (and adult fan) could begun their collection (they also put old rare charachters like Hooch, Lockhart, Trelawney and Moody).  At the same time they chose to represent scenes different from the 2018-2020 wave and to put new charachters (Sinistra, Rosmerta, Mr. and Mrs. Flume) to tempt old collectors (of course, maybe these will buy only new charachters, but someone else has  to buy the entire set for them).

Of course, at the moment LEGO hasn't produced DH sets yet (and, by the way, I think we won't see them this year), but, in my opinion, the only part we really miss (considering 2018-2020 Hogwarts layout) is "Tower Bells".

And I suppose LEGO has though that restarting Hogwarts taking advantage from the anniversary will work better, from an economic point of view, than producing Tower Bells and DH sets.

10 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

While that would be cool, I hope it’s not Christmas morning because we already got the sweaters in the original Advent calendar and Gryffindor robes or school uniform would have a lot more uses for me.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, why is this a GWP. It sounds so amazing :wub:

Yep, although Tandnbricks said it's boring. Not that I care though, it's dormitory and has beds, so that's enough for me

13 minutes ago, brick3up2across said:

While that would be cool, I hope it’s not Christmas morning because we already got the sweaters in the original Advent calendar and Gryffindor robes or school uniform would have a lot more uses for me.

They can base it on this scene:

One of the few outfits from Philosophers Stone, we haven't got.

Edited by mark1991t
Grammer

8 hours ago, Legofania said:

Thanks! I thought I'd seen it mentioned somewhere, but couldn't recall the source of that bit of info and couldn't find it again either, which left me unsure. 

7 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Agreed 👍 Bell Towers fit this new modular system very well, more so than the rest of the on screen castle

Like the rest of the castle sets this year it could be named on an event/ interior: Sirius Black’s escape (PoA rooms with Buckbeak), Umbridge’s office (OotP rooms etc), Battle of Hogwarts (DH2 rooms such as the hideout)

I'd love to see a Bell Towers that allows us to recreate that scene with Buckbeak. I don't really have a scene that I associate with them except something like micmac's BoH MOC, but I also don't have an architectural sense of where the Tower Sirius is held in belongs, so this would be the perfect meeting of issues: a tower without a purpose, a scene without a home... :laugh: And then they could include Fang with a Forbidden Forest set, or Hagrid's Hut. (The latter is sadly more likely. Pity as the former would be a day one purchase for me.) 

@drewdotexe you might want to check the ebay prices of things like the accessory packs or the exclusive / rare sets. Any set that typically goes for at least as much on ebay as it does at the S@H will help you meet the GWP threshold, if you're willing to faff about with the selling and posting that is. 

@Legoman123 I think "market saturation" and "diminishing returns" help explain it. If you look at the older runs of HP, the series always reinvented itself in short intervals to find new purchasers, and tbf, the less well known sets are almost definitely a more difficult sell than the obvious ones. Does a child say: I want that set I know, or that building I can't even name? The Great Hall (and Clock Tower), Hagrid's Hut, the Knight Bus, the Ford Anglia, the Express, Quidditch, these are things they make over and over again and in 20 years they've never completed the castle in favour of re-treading the same material. Even the nanoscale version requires you to look at fan MOCs for plans to complete the build. Evidently those known elements are the more profitable approach. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

but I also don't have an architectural sense of where the Tower Sirius is held in belongs, so this would be the perfect meeting of issues: a tower without a purpose, a scene without a home... :laugh: 

It's located where the Astronomy Tower is from HBP onwards, and is known as the Dark Tower. 

I think it would work fine as an addition to the line, the top floor could have a cell, a floor (or two) below could have some good PoA scenes. Harry, Sirius and Buckbeak would be needed, Hermione and other characters based on the interior could be additions. 

Some of The Fat Lady portrait, Patronus lessons, Divination or Lupin's DADA could all be inside. 

The downside to this tower is it is very tall and thin which may not translate too well, but the prison on top is the most recognisable part.