Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Last CMF had only 4 figs that have not come in at least one set as well, and of those I think only Harry's parents are unlikely to show up in a set soon, so it would be no problem for Lego to fill 12 spots for a HP CMF. However I believe it comes down to sales and how it fit in with their other CMF plans. The first WW CMF sold like crazy, if the HP CMF 2 was even close to that I am sure we will get a HP(/WW) CMF 3 it is only a matter of time..

I hope they will make more FB sets/figs and I think we will get a few sets with the 3 movie, then it depends on how popular the movie is. If it is really a hit we can see more sets and a CMF inclusion later, if it on the other hand only do fine or even poorly the chances are slim. FB are more like other licenses e.g. Lone ranger and Prince of Persia that have excellent sets. but as long as the movie is not a big hit they will not sell a lot. Things like HP and SW are now more evergreen so they will sell a lot even if there is a mediocre film or not one at all, unlike in 2003 :wink:

I'm certain I read on here a couple of weeks ago that the Monster Book of Monsters was going to be a GWP in the UK starting today. Anyone know if this is correct as so far no sign of it.

10 minutes ago, Rdm1 said:

I'm certain I read on here a couple of weeks ago that the Monster Book of Monsters was going to be a GWP in the UK starting today. Anyone know if this is correct as so far no sign of it.

Believe this is in-store only, worth calling ahead to check

15 minutes ago, Yope said:

Believe this is in-store only, worth calling ahead to check

Thanks

I hope it’s Disney rather than HP which gets pushed back by the new licence (any ideas what it could be?), but I can live with it so long as we eventually get a series 3.

Disney will always be with us so I don’t think there is any chance about that licence loosing interest with a longer pause. 

However a longer break for HP may actually justify getting some figures similar to S1 since so many new young fans will have joined the theme in the meantime and may have missed out on those…

We could get a 1/2nd year trio with Norbert, Fang and a new Nimbus 2000 mould, and a HBP Dumbledore using the same hat/hair as the Y3 version, DH1 Voldemort with a black Mysterio smoke/flying Accessory anyone?

Then add OoTP Tonks or Sirius, the Werewolf, Percy with Errol, Rita Skeeter,  Xenophilius from the Wedding etc (they can reuse his face for a set of his house). Round it off with a Y3 robed Malfoy (Ned Leeds hair recolour and a Ferret) and either a house ghost or a Lockhart in his blue or duelling club outfit etc. 

It could easily be a solid series that should be as popular as the previous.

I wonder if, as others have said, the Hospital set is a bone Lego has strategically thrown us to keep us happy in the meantime, giving us a figure most of us have on our top 5 wants, maybe they are listening?

Edited by Bugbot20082

I'm not sure if I missed it being discussed, but is this new licenced CMF series mentioned on the last page a completely new theme, or is that unknown at this time? 

8 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I'm not sure if I missed it being discussed, but is this new licenced CMF series mentioned on the last page a completely new theme, or is that unknown at this time? 

It's Muppets.

1 hour ago, Len said:

So, no Harry Potter CMF in 2022?... :cry_sad:

Fall is still an option, we have one licensed CMF series left.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Any idea if the Diagon Alley accessory set should be back in stock on S@H US eventually? It was available for such a short time, I really hope I didn't miss out.

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Omg yes

It's time to play the music...

4 hours ago, droobles said:

Any idea if the Diagon Alley accessory set should be back in stock on S@H US eventually? It was available for such a short time, I really hope I didn't miss out.

I assume it'll be back. I know there are still shipping delays impacting the globe. 

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

It's time to play the music...

I assume it'll be back. I know there are still shipping delays impacting the globe. 

I thought it was on the retirement list for the end of the year, (which was really quick) I got one, but was hoping to grab another. Hopefully it is not gone already! 

1 minute ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I thought it was on the retirement list for the end of the year, (which was really quick) I got one, but was hoping to grab another. Hopefully it is not gone already! 

Yeah, I hope not either. I thought the set was put on the retirement literally the same month as it came out - which makes NO business sense to me. I'd think they'd want to see what sales actually were first. US HP fans love a good accessory pack. My guess, based on all of them they've issued for multiple Licenses, is that they last about a year or so. 

On a less serious note - Star Wars is getting a UCS Landspeeder for an actual set - so a D2C Dobby's Sock can't be THAT far off, can it? haha

Fortunately I bought my quota when they first showed up on the U.S. Lego website.  The Lego stores I infrequently get to shop at never seem to have what I want when I visit when it comes to the small sets like this.  I know they didn't have either this HP set or the Minions one when I went last month.  They had plenty of the Student pack though.

13 hours ago, Len said:

So, no Harry Potter CMF in 2022?... :cry_sad:

Too early to know…

Jan 2022 - Series 22

May (?) - Muppets Series 

Sept - ???

On 9/12/2021 at 12:25 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Matthew Ashton has recently said in a Q&A that his personal dream licensed CMF series is on the way (thanks go to @DBlegonerd7 for the heads-up). While this sounds very exciting, it could also spell doom for either HP S3 or Disney S3 (or even both). I‘m very conflicted about which I‘d prefer :wacko: 

I wonder (hope) if this is the Muppets? From a Harry Potter perspective, it means we can rule out his dream licensed CMF as the potential Fall spot, slightly less competition for a Harry Potter CMF next year (although I'm not getting my hopes up for S3 at all).

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Too early to know…

Jan 2022 - Series 22

May (?) - Muppets Series 

Sept - ???

Oh, I forgot we may get CMF next year

Buy the way, what's the release date for Fantastic Beasts?

2 hours ago, Legofania said:

Oh, I forgot we may get CMF next year

Buy the way, what's the release date for Fantastic Beasts?

July 15th 2022.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

July 15th 2022.

That's just perfect, thanks

Just before CMF is supposed to release

The Wizarding World accessory pack is available again in US S@H today. Too bad I submitted my order yesterday. :facepalm: Hopefully it will be still in stock next time I need to make a free-shipping-level order.

Edit: And it is sold out again already.

Edited by droobles

white masonry bricks in Queer Eyes apartment… a spark of hope for the Gringotts bank next year? :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

55 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

white masonry bricks in Queer Eyes apartment… a spark of hope for the Gringotts bank next year? :)

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I saw the QE set. Pieces now exist for budget balancing trickery they do sometimes (ie. one theme makes a piece, pieces, and then it's cheaper to make NEW pieces in a different theme).