Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Only things I could possibly expect to see are the remaining tasks from the first movie in the new style. The Chamber of Winged Keys & The Final Challenge. They would both be remakes and finish what was started this year. The hospital in January seems to  be completing the COS portion of this years sets. After all we got 3 bassilisk victims this year. Hermione, Justin and Colin. And now we are getting a 3 bed hospital wing which accommodates each.

I keep wondering if the troll could get remade, but not sure how they'd do it. As I don't think LEGO would have 2 toilet sets at the same time.

I would love an expansion to the Fluffy Encounter set. Since we have the Fluffy, Devil's Snare and Wizard's chess, and the potions task isn't in the movie, it would have to be the Winged Keys task and the Ain Eingarp mirror room. I'd love it.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Feels like nobody learnt anything from this year. The wish list have already started with very desirable sets. The speculations are way too good. Think we should tone down the expectations, instead of preparing our disappointment a year in advance. Lol.

I agree, the difficulty will always exist as we are not the target audience and LEGO is a company that needs to maximise revenue like any other.  That said, it's more fun to be optimistic!  As such, my "optimistic" set list for next year based on the minifig scale 2021 summer sets would be (in USD to match set prices/rough sizes on p1 of this forum):

- $20 Quidditch world cup attack - Tent with fire functions

Figures: Harry, Ron with face paint, Hermione, Barty Crouch Jr

- $30 Gryffindor Common room - Christmas themed Hogwarts expansion with Fat Lady portrait, fireplace and dorm

Figures: Harry, Fred and George (Weasley jumpers), Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson (I'd love this but it seems very unrealistic, Sirius break-in themed seems more likely)

- $40 Hagrid's Hut - Based on PS, smaller/simpler than the previous one as with the 2021 sets 

Figures: Hagrid, Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze

- $60 Shrieking Shack - I don't think this needs to be huge, slightly larger than the two Hogsmeade buildings would be fine

Figures: Sirius, Werewolf Lupin, Wormtail, Harry

- $80 Leaky Cauldron - A very hopeful Diagon Alley expansion based on PoA with wanted posters etc (the price for this one would definitely be higher)

Figures: Cornelius Fudge without hat, Tom the Barman, Harry, Mr Weasley, Ron, Hermione with Scabbers and Crookshanks

- $130 Triwizard Tournament: Second Task - Includes Durmstrang ship (not too big as no known interior), under the lake scene plus one of the stands.

Figures: Dumbledore (first non-PS/CoS since Clocktower), Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gabrielle, Fleur Krum, Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Merperson

No Cedric or Cho as space is limited.

- CMF - 12-figures series with a leaning towards Deathly Hallows but also containing a few figures to fill in the gaps like Rita Skeeter, Percy Weasley

- D2C Gringotts - I'd be very surprised to get this and the Leaky Cauldron but I'm confident that Gringotts is a matter of time - maybe as an 18+ Deathly Hallows themed set but I'm going with PS

Figures: 4 (White-, reddish brown- and light/dark grey-haired) goblins (Bogrod, random tellers, Griphook), Harry, Hagrid, Security guard

5 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

51439498084_474113bcea.jpg

Looks pretty funny! Not sure if it's too goofy even for Neville (I know, I can't believe I said that either), it's growing on me though!

Doesn't look too bad to me personally, other hair pieces might fit like others have suggested, I really like getting the students from different Years so we can get them with different hair styles etc

Pomfrey is 100% going to be the most detailed fig out of the wave tho

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Feels like nobody learnt anything from this year. The wish list have already started with very desirable sets. The speculations are way too good. Think we should tone down the expectations, instead of preparing our disappointment a year in advance. Lol.

Honestly I don't mind what sets/minifigs come out for Harry Potter, I'm just really happy they are doing more, really hope they don't stop making them... can't have a huge gap of time like 2011-2018 that was painful lol, sure others can relate waiting so long for new Harry Potter so as far as I'm concerned they could make a set based on the little cold hut on that island the Dursley's drag Harry to or Filch's filthy office room and I'd still be happy to just see more HP related sets on the shelf lol

Since 2018, we've not had a repeat of Filch, Lupin, Quirrell (apart from the golden figure) or the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams. 

I think there is a good chance of seeing new versions of some of them in 2022.

Also the Trolley Witch, but she can only come in one possible set :grin:

20 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

@Yope OMG I’d die for that common room set. 
@puttingstickersonisintense The theme has gone evergreen which means it’s not being discontinued. 

It's actually not being discontinued at all in the future? RIP our wallets... but thank God...

21 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Since 2018, we've not had a repeat of Filch, Lupin, Quirrell (apart from the golden figure) or the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams. 

Also the Trolley Witch, but she can only come in one possible set :grin:

I think we are defo getting a new Lupin next year if I had to guess, be surprised if we don't

1 hour ago, Yope said:

- $30 Gryffindor Common room - Christmas themed Hogwarts expansion with Fat Lady portrait, fireplace and dorm

Figures: Harry, Fred and George (Weasley jumpers), Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson (I'd love this but it seems very unrealistic, Sirius break-in themed seems more likely) [...]

- $60 Shrieking Shack - I don't think this needs to be huge, slightly larger than the two Hogsmeade buildings would be fine

Figures: Sirius, Werewolf Lupin, Wormtail, Harry [...]

- $130 Triwizard Tournament: Second Task - Includes Durmstrang ship (not too big as no known interior), under the lake scene plus one of the stands.

Figures: Dumbledore (first non-PS/CoS since Clocktower), Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gabrielle, Fleur Krum, Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Merperson

No Cedric or Cho as space is limited. [...]

- D2C Gringotts - I'd be very surprised to get this and the Leaky Cauldron but I'm confident that Gringotts is a matter of time - maybe as an 18+ Deathly Hallows themed set but I'm going with PS

Figures: 4 (White-, reddish brown- and light/dark grey-haired) goblins (Bogrod, random tellers, Griphook), Harry, Hagrid, Security guard

I'd be thrilled with either common room version. (Great ideas!) Maybe go with the Sirius one and then the next year's Advent Calendar could flesh it out and make it Christmassy?

Shrieking Shack set seems a lock. Like the 2021 Hogsmeade, it would help them to still appeal to people who otherwise dislike the reboot. I'd expect Scabbers, possibly Ron, Snape and (if we have the boys) probably Hermione as well. (I honestly wouldn't mind if they went back to alternating which sets had which of the trio in them in the interests of a more diverse minifig collection.)

I really hope they don't combine the ship and the Second Task. One is crucial to the story the other feels like it's mostly just about trying to take advantage of the HP-extraneous interests of a segment of the market. (Boys like boats and trains... :wink:) While perfectly fair as market strategies go to offer the Durmstrang set, combining them is a high hurdle price-wise and would exclude many from owning a key scene. 

I can't quite see them offering Gringotts as a D2C, unless it came with other buildings that made it very expensive. It's such an iconic location (just think of the amusement park advertising) that if it's remotely affordable, I think they'll make it a regular set.  

31 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I feel like the OotP and HBP Quidditch team lineups have better known characters, and could see the sets being delayed until they cover those films. (I'd like Keeper Ron, Chaser Ginny and some of the better known Slytherins, Goyle, Crabbe or Zabini.)

Edited by krimimimi

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

@Yope OMG I’d die for that common room set. 
@puttingstickersonisintense The theme has gone evergreen which means it’s not being discontinued. 

Only way that description of the common room set would be an additional minifigure OF the Fat Lady Portrait, set inside to make it a "playable portrait". Sort of in the vein of the D2C chocolate card. 

54 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Only way that description of the common room set would be an additional minifigure OF the Fat Lady Portrait, set inside to make it a "playable portrait". Sort of in the vein of the D2C chocolate card. 

Oh, the buildable chocolate frog card is an excellent point! I was thinking the chocolate frog tiles (and all the previous portrait artwork stickers) pretty much guaranteed it would never be a minifig, but you're right about the similarities. Fingers crossed.

@BrickFunatic Katie might appear in a Hogsmeade bridge set? (I'd like that set, I've seen some nice MOCs.) And Angelina (and Alicia) seem(s) likely to appear in a CMF or something, because they're clearly keen on boosting the diversity of the minifigs, so I wouldn't count them out even if the Quidditch set appeared later. On the other hand, they could do the same with Keeper Ron, etc., so...

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

That would be fun!  I expect we'd more likely get a sticker but in any case, it would be a great fun set to have.  

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

While perfectly fair as market strategies go to offer the Durmstrang set, combining them is a high hurdle price-wise and would exclude many from owning a key scene. 

I can't quite see them offering Gringotts as a D2C, unless it came with other buildings that made it very expensive. It's such an iconic location (just think of the amusement park advertising) that if it's remotely affordable, I think they'll make it a regular set.  

I agree about the Durmstrang ship but can see Lego doing it all in one, same as the Chamber of Secrets plus unnecessary great hall and classrooms.  I'd hope Gringotts was a D2C purely in terms of building techniques - so that it's in-keeping with the standard of Diagon Alley, hopefully still easy enough for people to purchase though.

Whilst we're at it with predictions, assuming a CMF3 comes out in 2022, here's my guess for the line-up:

- Harry (Battle of Hogwarts with Diadem)

- Ron (Battle of Hogwarts with Hufflepuff's cup)

- Hermione (Battle of Hogwarts with Tales of Beedle the Bard)

- Rita Skeeter (Lime green suit with quill and notepad)

- Percy Weasley (Prefect robes with Errol)

- Kreacher (with locket)

- Mundungus Fletcher (with briefcase of Galleons)

- Neville Longbottom (Battle of Hogwarts with sword - bit boring)

- Lee Jordan (with microphone and scoreboard)

- Narcissa Malfoy (with wine glass)

- Xenophilius Lovegood (with Quibbler)

- Sirius Black (OotP attire also with wine glass?)

I appreciate that this is quite ambitious, there should be enough well known characters to appeal to casual fans but I'm sure some of these would be saved for future sets e.g. we could get Sirius in a 2023 Ministry of Magic or Grimmauld place set.  Would love the CMF treatment to go towards more obscure characters like the Bloody Baron but that's seems too hopeful.  OotP Tonks would be nice too... we won't ever be satisfied!

Edited by Yope

42 minutes ago, Yope said:

- Sirius Black (OotP attire also with wine glass?)

I appreciate that this is quite ambitious, there should be enough well known characters to appeal to casual fans but I'm sure some of these would be saved for future sets e.g. we could get Sirius in a 2023 Ministry of Magic or Grimmauld place set.  Would love the CMF treatment to go towards more obscure characters like the Bloody Baron but that's seems too hopeful.  OotP Tonks would be nice too... we won't ever be satisfied!

I think Grimmauld Place would make an excellent D2C in the modular format of Diagon Alley. I could see us getting an Advent calendar that expands on it, perhaps the scene with Arthur in the wheelchair after Nagini's attack. 

38 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I think Grimmauld Place would make an excellent D2C in the modular format of Diagon Alley. I could see us getting an Advent calendar that expands on it, perhaps the scene with Arthur in the wheelchair after Nagini's attack. 

Could probably put enough in the set for several floors...

Ground floor: Hall, Walburga photo, umbrella stand, dining room that opens out like the Burrow?

First floor: Black family tapestry and drawing room, Boggart cupboard

Second floor: Buckbeaks room, Phineas portrait?

Third floor: Sirius and Regulus bedrooms

2 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Could probably put enough in the set for several floors...

Ground floor: Hall, Walburga photo, umbrella stand, dining room that opens out like the Burrow?

First floor: Black family tapestry and drawing room, Boggart cupboard

Second floor: Buckbeaks room, Phineas portrait?

Third floor: Sirius and Regulus bedrooms

The mounted elf heads (want!), the dead Puffskein nest under the couch, the doxies in the curtains, Slytherin's locket, Kreacher! A piano so Hermione can teach Ron. The robes that attack Ron, the clock that shot at people. Extendable ears so the twins can try to eavesdrop on OotP sessions... This would be a fun set.

I think the Boggart was in the desk, not a cupboard.

Edited by krimimimi

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I always thought Grimmauld Place would be great for the Advent Calendar (I'm still a bit annoyed that this year's is so un-festive) but I'm coming round to the idea of a full build for Grimmauld Place.

I don't know about a full D2C build, as they're a bit out of my price range, plus I don't know interesting the exterior can be (especially as it's between other houses so it might look odd by itself).

But they could do a nice ground floor kitchen and living room (with piano), then first floor with the Black family tapestry, the painting of Mrs Black on the stairs.

Honestly as Krimimimi showed there's a ton of little details from the book that could be included.

8 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I always thought Grimmauld Place would be great for the Advent Calendar (I'm still a bit annoyed that this year's is so un-festive) but I'm coming round to the idea of a full build for Grimmauld Place.

I don't know about a full D2C build, as they're a bit out of my price range, plus I don't know interesting the exterior can be (especially as it's between other houses so it might look odd by itself).

Agreed. Grimmauld Place would be best served either in AC form or as a purely interior model like New Asgard (maybe a bit larger than that though). The outside just wouldn’t work without having the two neighbouring buildings, and those would be pretty pointless without having a play feature. And it would be a crazy expensive set on top of that :head_back:

Just give me the living room + tapestry room, OotP!Sirius, OotP Tonks, and Kreacher, and I’m all set :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. Grimmauld Place would be best served either in AC form or as a purely interior model like New Asgard (maybe a bit larger than that though). The outside just wouldn’t work without having the two neighbouring buildings, and those would be pretty pointless without having a play feature. And it would be a crazy expensive set on top of that :head_back:

Just give me the living room + tapestry room, OotP!Sirius, OotP Tonks, and Kreacher, and I’m all set :tongue:

The tapestry is the standout piece of Grimmauld Place, everything else could be MOC'd to be fair!

Although Krimimimi's ideas are incredible too and it would be an instant buy for me if it was that detailed.

I wonder if ifs not "wizard magic" enough for LEGO though, it is, after all, a townhouse :(

Edited by drewdotexe

26 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The bestselling 75968 4 Privet Drive set would like to know your location.

Also, there is a Lego set of a toilet and bathroom. :pir_tong2:

52 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I would argue that its a touch more iconic than 12 Grimmauld Place. I'm clearly in favour of the set I'm just thinking about LEGOs perspective and what criteria they apply to sets, it might be in their "too dark" category of HP

Edited by drewdotexe

9 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I would argue that its a touch more iconic than 12 Grimmauld Place. I'm clearly in favour of the set I'm just thinking about LEGOs perspective and what criteria they apply to sets, it might be in their "too dark" category of HP

I wonder if they make it like previous sets have had "scenes" (Slug Club and Yule Ball), and make it Christmas themed could help make it less "dark".  It could have figures attached to the Christmas party they had in Order of the Phoenix. 

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I'm curious as to where you think this is a best selling set? At least around here, it has been a shelf warmer and was even discounted 20% immediately and still sitting on shelves. While other sets (even more expensive) sold out all around it. I realize, my n=1 study doesn't speak for the world, but just an observation.

And I would agree, it is a bit more iconic than Grimmauld Place, especially considering LEGO isn't really feeling out those later stories when they would actually spend time at the place. Plus, I doubt they would include too many details from the books no matter how much they want to.

I think the issue with Grimmauld place (as a set) is that it would almost need the D2C-treatment to have the iconic moveable facade as well as several details from the books. And I can’t see Lego doing Grimmauld place as a D2C due to other options being more iconic. It would be cool, however, if Lego managed to execute the moveable facade in a Privet Dr.-scale set. As @BrickBob Studpants suggested, a New Asgard-style vignette would perhaps be the best option for Grimmauld place. It would be nice to see Lego try something in that style.

4 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

I'm curious as to where you think this is a best selling set? At least around here, it has been a shelf warmer and was even discounted 20% immediately and still sitting on shelves. While other sets (even more expensive) sold out all around it. I realize, my n=1 study doesn't speak for the world, but just an observation.

Speaking of things on shelves around the world, the Chess set is available only at the S@H here in Germany (and ebay) and Fawkes is hardly more available. How are those two sets doing in other countries?