Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I really wonder if Hospital wing will have only hospital. Like, we didn't know Fluffy Encounter had Devil's Snare also (although it was expected), plus 2021 Hogwarts has dungeons under it and it may not look good if Hospital Wing won't have it or something like that

Edited by Legofania

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

I really wonder if Hospital wing will have only hospital. Like, we didn't know Fluffy Encounter had Devil's Snare also (although it was expected), plus 2021 Hogwarts has dungeons under it and it may not look good if Hospital Wing won't have it or something like that

Pro: None of the early press mentioned the devil's snare, nor the weird little potions thing under the roof, and while the harp was mentioned, it wasn't in the context of filling an empty room. (I was thinking along the same lines, so I double checked.) Fluffy himself has a high piece count freed up for the Infirmary.

Contra: the Fluffy set is practically empty (turkey leg, harp, and potions camp), and has effectively only 4 of the 8x8 modules (or five in a pinch if you count the tower), so three filled ones probably kind of tracks. Fluffy Encounter also squeezed in one pitched and one tower roof, so perhaps they can make something reminiscent of the clock tower instead for the same price, but six modules while including the clock face feels like something of a stretch, especially when they'd really need to put something in those lower modules to give them a little context.

One possibility if a lower level were included, they could mix eras in the set and give us the flying keys or one of the other challenges, like how the 2018 Great Hall has the basilisk and Fawkes, while also having the boat the firsties arrive in, Sorting Hat, Quirrell and Mirror of Erised.

16 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Someone’s probably already brought this up but I think it would be cool if the new Mysterio bowl piece was used for crystal balls instead of the old piece that had a four stud attachment on the bottom 

Personally I’m feeling satisfied just having the sets I already own from this theme so I don’t mind what they make next - I’m just waiting for Gringotrs 

I imagine they’ll use the glow in the dark pieces they used in the Chamber of Secrets set. But that piece with a trans head to give it some color change would be nice. 

14 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Can’t wait to see Pomfrey, I hope she lets the same budget as the Moments McGonagall figure.

Im very surprised at a full on Hospital Wing set, since no action take place there, I’ll be interested to see how tall it is and what they do to make it more ‘fun’

No action? What about feeling loves keen sting?! :tongue:

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The moments sets I think are fun ideas, but I probably would prefer full sets of some of the classrooms. DADA and Divination were two that I thought would be great for the moments (I also thought they could do Care of Magical Creatures and a Flying Lesson, but the latter we did actually get a full set of).

The boggart inhabited wardrobe I think is a build quite a lot want. And I personally would like a chalkboard build with either the three unforgivable curses (and Moody's name) or what OWLs stand for from Order of the Phoenix. I'm not that bothered abut a giant clown jack in the box though.

Yeah, they’re not so bad. I do wish the actual build was a bit fleshed out more though...which is where the regular set would be preferred. 

I believe the DADA one does come with...just in case you’re not looking at leaks(even though they will be discussed here anyways)...

Spoiler

Moody’s chalkboard with his name & the curses written on it. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

One possibility if a lower level were included, they could mix eras in the set and give us the flying keys or one of the other challenges

This certainly would be nice

I'm really excited for the new sets, but I won't get my hopes up. The fluffy set was also $40 and really disappointing and small. Quiditch was nice, but the new sets seems to get smaller and more expensive. I love the old moment sets! So im def. looking forward to a fifth (and sixth one if you count the DADA set.

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I'm really excited for the new sets, but I won't get my hopes up. The fluffy set was also $40 and really disappointing and small. Quiditch was nice, but the new sets seems to get smaller and more expensive. I love the old moment sets! So im def. looking forward to a fifth (and sixth one if you count the DADA set.

To be fair, for 40€ it didn't even have 400 pieces, and some of them were used for Fulffy, while also having four 8x8 compartments and three 8x8 roofs.

For the Hospital Wing, you not only have 510 pieces without a side build, but also it has only three 8x8 compartments (unknown how many roofs), which means that it will be a much more detailed build.

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, the[ Moments sets a]re not so bad. I do wish the actual build was a bit fleshed out more though...which is where the regular set would be preferred. 

That's interesting, because when you look at what they include in the classroom builds (both 2018/20 & 2021) vs the Moment sets, we tend to see more actual stuff for, more fleshing out of the classroom in the Moment sets. The regular builds are more pared back by contrast. I noticed I tend to need more studs on a baseplate to display the books' contents sensibly than the other classrooms have. That said, I'm all in favour of the pitched roof to display Lupin's DADA classroom skeleton.  

No action? What about feeling loves keen sting?! :tongue:

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

Am I the only one who is actually happy we are getting some new sets?

Not at all. I'm pleased as punch. :excited:

11 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

No, I am really happy with this wave.

For 3 years we haven't been getting any Winter sets. This Winter we got 4 sets, but they were based on the same single gimmick, which I wasn't really into. This wave, while also having 4 sets, is much better with 3 types of a set!

I'll definitely buy the Hospital Wing, can't wait to expand my 2021 Hogwarts even further :moar:

I‘m also pretty happy with these four sets, even though they‘re not as exciting as they could be :laugh: The best thing about them is that Madame Pomfrey (or Pommes Frites, as I like to call her, i.e. German/French for chips :laugh_hard:) can finally be scratched off from our collective CMF wishlists :tongue: The fewer obvious candidates remain, the higher chances are for some DH representation

34 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

I'm happy. Madam Pomfrey, plus variant Trelawney and Moody? Classroom specific props and stickers in the Moments sets? Count me in. 

I've gone past wanting specific castle parts to be built because LEGO have clearly decided to change it up, any exterior part of the castle can be MOC'd if so desired anyway. I'm sticking around for new minifigures, new prints, interesting minibuilds etc and sounds like we'll get a fair amount of that with 3 of the 4 Winter sets.

Edited by drewdotexe

1 hour ago, Hiker13 said:

No, you're not. I'm very excited about that, and the choice is very interesting (especially Trunk)

It's interesting that DADA is reportedly a black book, as if LEGO ever wanted to make a Tom Riddle's Diary Moments set (pretty perfect as Harry is pulled into the book when he sees the release of Aragog) then the Riddle book would also be black. 

Also, dark blue, red, green and perhaps medium nougat are all still free, so if house Moments sets were ever wanted, or at least Slytherin and Gryffindor, the appropriate colours are still available. 

47 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It's interesting that DADA is reportedly a black book, as if LEGO ever wanted to make a Tom Riddle's Diary Moments set (pretty perfect as Harry is pulled into the book when he sees the release of Aragog) then the Riddle book would also be black. 

Also, dark blue, red, green and perhaps medium nougat are all still free, so if house Moments sets were ever wanted, or at least Slytherin and Gryffindor, the appropriate colours are still available. 

Who says they couldn't repeat colours though? They have a 2x2 tile with a symbol to distinguish the books from one another. 

@krimimimi When you asked about the tent, I personally want a brick/built one. Kind of like the one from the Dragon set on a larger scale, that opens up to make it seem bigger on the inside. I think it’s exterior was quite well done. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:14 PM, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Guess collecting nearly $1000 worth of the OG Hogwarts collection is now useless seeing how Lego wants us to buy uglier versions of it. No deathly hallows sets to finish the original 2018-2020 versions, just remakes of the first fewmovies. Is everyone going to ignore this is a literal spit in the face of anyone that collected things like this. Oh well, guess Lego wants to treat harry potter fans like kids and reboot the whole series.

Is it useless? Your bricks are still there, still making the same model, and other than Gringotts pretty much every significant location exists. Plus, it's Lego - I guarantee somebody will have a Stud.io design before long for any missing locations, and the instructions/parts list widely available online, if the demand is there. In any case, it's hardly the OG collection when it came out nearly twenty years after the original, and I don't remember people complaining that their sets from older iterations of the theme are wasted money. When I was young, I saved for months to be able to buy the 2010 Quidditch set. That version of the range ended, but I can still build the set any time (I actually just dismantled it after a year on display, in point of fact).

On top of that, nobody's ignoring Lego's decision to move to a new design of Hogwarts. But it's now September, and the discussion is just going to go in circles forever - especially since there will be people now who didn't get the 2018-20 sets (or only caught the tail end) and have the current iteration as their main range.

5 hours ago, Hiker13 said:

I'm happy with this upcoming wave of new sets.  There is great potential for what we will actually get for building in the suitcase.  I really liked the Moments sets from last year and hope they continue with them beyond these two new ones. They have a lot of detail packed into those self contained units and I even bought extras of a couple of them because I wanted more of the detailed builds they included.  Can't wait to see all the little details they might put into the Hospital Wing.

Bit late to the party but here’s my thoughts:

- Madam Pomfrey has finally made it! I think alongside Rita Skeeter this is the most desired minifigure so this is great news - hopefully Lego goes all out.

- As an aside, the fact that we’re getting a set with apparently nothing new other than this figure shows that Lego knows where the gaps are and what the collectors want. This gives me more encouragement with regards to Gringotts and DH.

- As another aside, I understand why there are no deathly hallows sets, I just don’t think they’d appeal to the main target audience (kids) as much as the earlier movies. Lego does cater for all ages though and I wouldn’t rule out one-off DH sets. And especially DH themed CMFs.

- The trunk is another “wait and see”. I personally prefer minifigure scale sets but Lego did a good job of the icons and Fawkes sets so who knows. Intrigued about the torsos but I think we’re going to see the four different house robes from this year (which would explain the Luna fig). The teacher might be more interesting - Lego certainly likes using minifigures to tempt me to buy non-minifigure scale sets.

- Hogwarts moments classes sound alright, as with the hospital wing, I think these sets will serve very nicely as parts packs for MoCs. Nice to get a new Moody and Trelawney, will be interesting to see how similar they are to the CMF (were series 1 moulds not exclusive because made in a Chinese factory or something?). I’m happy to get Parvati. Harry, Neville, Hermione are less exciting especially if it’s true that N&H have short legs - Lego has been quite inconsistent with the moments sets.

- Lastly, all three scene based sets are from movies 3 and 4 so I see a repeat of 2019 coming in the summer. Time for the Shrieking Shack and the Second Task? Rita, Crouch Sr, Merpeople, Werewolf Lupin etc on their way? Would be nice if the CMF carried on to DH though.

Edited by Yope

On 9/5/2021 at 5:14 PM, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Guess collecting nearly $1000 worth of the OG Hogwarts collection is now useless seeing how Lego wants us to buy uglier versions of it. No deathly hallows sets to finish the original 2018-2020 versions, just remakes of the first fewmovies. Is everyone going to ignore this is a literal spit in the face of anyone that collected things like this. Oh well, guess Lego wants to treat harry potter fans like kids and reboot the whole series.

god, lego is so brain dead

I mean, at the end of the day, Lego IS an toy company. They aren't worthless if they brought you joy at some point. 

6 hours ago, Hiker13 said:

I'm on the fence to an extent, but very happy to hear about a set focused on the Hospital wing as it's a crucial set in multiple movies. I am also very intrigued by the Trunk as it's sort of a Creator 3-in-1 style customization set. Could be fun and definitely a great build for kids and fans of the series and for AFOL's, a good parts set. I particularly enjoyed the FB suitcase set. 

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

other than Gringotts pretty much every significant location exists.

And the great thing is when Gringotts inevitably comes, and it will, it won't matter at all what style their Hogwarts has. It just needs to fit in with their Diagon Alley street view. :classic:

42 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I am also very intrigued by the Trunk as it's sort of a Creator 3-in-1 style customization set. Could be fun and definitely a great build for kids and fans of the series and for AFOL's, a good parts set. I particularly enjoyed the FB suitcase set. 

It sounds sort of like that "Build Your Own Adventure" book. If they offer build suggestions, too, that could be cool.  

Thanks, @BrickFunatic:classic:

On 9/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

god, lego is so brain dead

I think TLG has realised they can't go longer than 2 years with a collection of sets meant to go together. By the third year, people who didnt get the first year sets would have no motivation to "complete" the collection.

Thats why they went back to the beggining already. And I assume they'll do it again by the end of 2022, if the theme still exist.

(No including anything from DH is really very stupid. I agree with that)

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

That's interesting, because when you look at what they include in the classroom builds (both 2018/20 & 2021) vs the Moment sets, we tend to see more actual stuff for, more fleshing out of the classroom in the Moment sets. The regular builds are more pared back by contrast. I noticed I tend to need more studs on a baseplate to display the books' contents sensibly than the other classrooms have. That said, I'm all in favour of the pitched roof to display Lupin's DADA classroom skeleton.  

:laugh:

Not at all. I'm pleased as punch. :excited:

I mean in the vein of the book part playing such a big role in the room build. The builds for the classes are excellent & a dream I’m sure for MOCers of a Castle. I’d rather see bricks being used to build the walls, but I do enjoy the gimmick. 

2 hours ago, Yope said:

I’m happy to get Parvati. Harry, Neville, Hermione are less exciting especially if it’s true that N&H have short legs - Lego has been quite inconsistent with the moments sets.

I remember promobricks saying somewhere in the comments that they got it wrong and it's actually middle-legs

Yep, there's a pinned comment on falconfan's post 

Ooooooo, Hospital Wing. About darn time to have Pomfrey! Since this set would be one of the continuation of ugly and awful Harry Potter sets from 2021, I will pick Pomfrey, period. 

I’m not too thrilled about Moment sets myself. I guess I will pick up minifigures. 

Uh, a Buildable Trunk set? No idea…