Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think what Lego, or at least Marco B. mean when they say DH films are too dark is that the whole films are pretty miserable. They're also almost in black and white at times they're so gloomy and dull. There is far less wonder in them than the other films and very few light hearted moments. 

Other films have dark moments, both in and outside of the HP series that Lego has produced, but most of those films also have lighter moments. 

I'm sure we will get DH sets at some point, but not in the numbers of the earlier films. 

I must say I do like the DH films, I don't want this post to come across as me being against them, but I must admit I do see Lego's point. 

I mean sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't any noteworthy locations that appeared in those movies. DH P1 was the first and only HP movie which didn't even feature Hogwarts as the main location (well, perhaps even at all)! 

A tent set, Malfoy Manor duel, Ministry of Magic, the wedding, Gringotts escape (or even just the Ironbelly) would all make great, fresh and more diverse sets.

Not to mention that they could also make Hogwarts expansions based on those, it would be a great way of giving us desirable Year 7 variants of characters.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think they gave us the answer pretty plainly, the earlier movies simply have more magical scenes that make for good sets. When reading between the lines, this also implies that these sets tend to sell better, which could very well be the case. For all we know, the 2011 DH sets may have bombed :shrug_oh_well:

If so, it’s natural they can‘t just spill the beans :tongue: „Well, we don‘t produce sets based on DH because we’d expect them to sell like **** !“ isn‘t that great of a PR-friendly statement

I mean sure, I could understand sets like a tent or Ministry of Magic selling much worse than the more Hogwarts-centered sets, with more iconic buildings.

But not making a Gringotts expansion with the Ironbelly, or even worse, not making Hogwarts expansions that include Year 7 characters? I bet Battle of Hogwarts castle expansions would sell as good as the regular ones, if not better.

Honestly, that would be enough for me.

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

Oh yeah, that's right... I think even if DH was going to happen they'd skip that, as it is very dark. 

In terms of non-speaking Professors/Staff, we have Vector, Binns and Madam Pince left (and only Binns was left out of the films, Vector was a "cameo" role). I suppose you could get real obscure and add in Grubbly-Plank and the Ancient Runes teacher, who I think is called Professor Babbling but was only named outside the books. (We've had Sinistra so I say anything is possible at this point, although I suspect LEGO were pushing for more diversity in their sets and opted for the non-white Professor in that instance). 

Yeah, I'd mentioned Burbage's line more as a joke (as if a single sentence justified a fig...) and then went back and watched the scene and no longer felt like kidding. It's easy having not seen it in... what's it been, ten, fifteen years? to reduce it to her getting gobbled by a snake, which in the abstract seems comical; in the presentation, not so much. (Side note, they really did a great job conveying everyone's fear of Voldemort in that scene, Lucius' in particular. *brrr*)

I very much want to see more ghosts in the future. Like many of us here I live in Europe. I was wandering around a castle just last week, and there are several very close by; for me (ymmv) the castle wasn't what made Hogwarts special. It was things like the floating candles, the owls and especially the ghosts drifting around that made it something truly different and magical. For atmosphere it really doesn't matter so much if they never spoke, just that they were there. It often feels like that goes under-appreciated by some of the decision makers. (But then I'd also prefer some random suits of armour now and again to yet another Harry, Hermione and Ron in still more Gryffindor robes, so we're clearly not on the same page...)

Pince I want need for that magnificent hat. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean sure, I could understand sets like a tent or Ministry of Magic selling much worse than the more Hogwarts-centered sets, with more iconic buildings.

(emphasis mine) I've asked before, but don't think anyone answered: has there ever been a (lego) tent you lot liked as a set?

Edited by krimimimi

Thought I'd way in on the new sets.

Defence Against the Dark Arts book:   Sounds exactly what I wanted in another book. In fact I had already thought about this as a build. It'd be great if there was the dragon skeleton as a sticker, The bogart inhabited wardrobe as a build, Moody & Umbridge's chalkboard.

Divination book:   Another one I'm excited for. Teacups and crystal balls are a must. I'd love to see a book of Unfogging the Future included too. Also in the books Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown are massive Divination fans so I'm happy with Parvati being one of the characters included.

Hospital Wing: I'm glad we're getting a set of the Hospital Wing, there better be Madam Pomfrey. A bottle of Skelegrow would be fun too. It's said to connect to the Chamber of Secrets set, so I hope it isn't just a box shape like the girls bathroom build.

Hogwarts suitcase:   I liked what Fantastic Beasts did with Newt's suitcase. I don't know how this one will turn out though. It'll be interesting to see what's actually in this set.

14 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

(emphasis mine) I've asked before, but don't think anyone answered: has there ever been a (lego) tent you lot liked as a set?

Yes:

BrickLink - Set 7624-1 : LEGO Jungle Duel [Indiana Jones:Kingdom of the  Crystal Skull] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

10 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hospital Wing: I'm glad we're getting a set of the Hospital Wing, there better be Madam Pomfrey.

We already know she's in it.

3 hours ago, Ravenclawed said:

, but I wonder what colour the DADA book will be?

Black. By the way they won't belong to any particular house, as did previous ones

Someone’s probably already brought this up but I think it would be cool if the new Mysterio bowl piece was used for crystal balls instead of the old piece that had a four stud attachment on the bottom 

Personally I’m feeling satisfied just having the sets I already own from this theme so I don’t mind what they make next - I’m just waiting for Gringotrs 

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Someone’s probably already brought this up but I think it would be cool if the new Mysterio bowl piece was used for crystal balls instead of the old piece that had a four stud attachment on the bottom 

I agree. They could even do the strange Sirius face in the crystal ball like in the film.

43 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Indiana Jones.

Hi everyone! I’m new to commenting in the forum (even though i’ve been reading it almost religiously since 2019).

This winter wave to me seems more interesting than this years (with only the 4 Moments sets). Really curious to see what they do with the trunk (as i loved newt’s suitcase and also thought it was a weird choice set at first).

Regarding the hospital wing set, i am on a long train ride with nothing but time to kill, so i did a little experiment - the original 2019 set had a total of 922 pieces, but besides the clockwork tower it also came with the yule dance floor and its accessories (tables and christmas tree) - 208 pieces; and the small tower that had Dumbledores office and the bathroom - 136 pieces.

So, the 2019 actual clocktower building only has 578 pieces, which isn’t that far off from next years 510 piece set! While i don’t think it will top the exterior of the 2019 one, i also don’t think that it will be awful (maybe just for those who don’t like the new modular system :grin:)

Edited by PotDoc
spelling

29 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I have a feeling they might use satin-white technic balls instead, especially if they want to include more than one. Or maybe both variants to represent crystall balls of various sizes? :shrug_oh_well:

38 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

Hi everyone! I’m new to commenting in the forum (even though i’ve been reading it almost religiously since 2019).

[...]Regarding the hospital wing set, i am on a long train ride with nothing but time to kill, so i did a little experiment - the original 2019 set had a total of 922 pieces, but besides the clockwork tower it also came with the yule dance floor and its accessories (tables and christmas tree) - 208 pieces; and the small tower that had Dumbledores office and the bathroom - 136 pieces.

So, the 2019 actual clocktower building only has 578 pieces, which isn’t that far off from next years 510 piece set! While i don’t think it will top the exterior of the 2019 one, i also don’t think that it will be awful (maybe just for those who don’t like the new modular system :grin:)

I like you already. :grin: Welcome to de-lurkdom. :classic:

(Also thanks @lego_guyon02 and @THELEGOBATMAN for the tent responses.)

Edited by krimimimi

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Black. By the way they won't belong to any particular house, as did previous ones

Is this a guess or do you know it will be black? Black would be cool, but Promobricks didn't say as far as I can find.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Is this a guess or do you know it will be black? Black would be cool, but Promobricks didn't say as far as I can find.

Promobricks commented on one of my posts that it will be black 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Promobricks commented on one of my posts that it will be black 

Ah thank you. :classic: Sounds like an appropriate colour. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, PotDoc said:

Regarding the hospital wing set, i am on a long train ride with nothing but time to kill, so i did a little experiment - the original 2019 set had a total of 922 pieces, but besides the clockwork tower it also came with the yule dance floor and its accessories (tables and christmas tree) - 208 pieces; and the small tower that had Dumbledores office and the bathroom - 136 pieces.

This is actually pretty valid point which I didnt realise. For sure it wont look as detailed as 2019 version but at least it could have the basic shapes of Clock Tower then.... but it still doesnt solve my problem which is where will I put this into my Hogwarts display so it will stay somehow accurate and wont mess with 2019 Clock Tower.

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

This is actually pretty valid point which I didnt realise. For sure it wont look as detailed as 2019 version but at least it could have the basic shapes of Clock Tower then.... but it still doesnt solve my problem which is where will I put this into my Hogwarts display so it will stay somehow accurate and wont mess with 2019 Clock Tower.

Well but where did you put the second Great Hall? If you found a place for that one, you'll find a place for the Clock Tower too.

Can’t wait to see Pomfrey, I hope she lets the same budget as the Moments McGonagall figure.

Im very surprised at a full on Hospital Wing set, since no action take place there, I’ll be interested to see how tall it is and what they do to make it more ‘fun’

I Hope it’s a return grey roofs, and it includes chocolate frog cards.

Fingers crossed for Ron having a bandage print on his leg 

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well but where did you put the second Great Hall? If you found a place for that one, you'll find a place for the Clock Tower too.

Yes but 2021 Great Hall is much smaller than 2018 one and also when you connect it to Astronomy Tower it looks very much like the Long Gallery. Sure I will try to find place for Hospital Wing but it wont be as easy as to pretend it is something else than Clock Tower.

Edited by Textorix

If it’s only made up of 3x 8x8 tiles, how are people expecting it to look like the clock tower we have? I know that it will likely have a built uptower, but it’s going to be much shorter than the other one. I imagine it will just be the top part with a clock on the outside and then it will attach onto a segment from one of the summer 2022 sets.

And, I agree with some others that it’s likely we’ll see Lupin’s classroom in the large castle set this summer. I hope the Moments DADA stickers are fairly generic so that we can change it into the other iterations if we want. 

21 minutes ago, joeee said:

Hm, I wonder if TLG will include rock work under the Hospital Wing/Clock Tower.

I would guess maybe not for that set, but I can see more rock work in future sets/waves, which would open up the Boathouse and various bridges as possibilities. 

10 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

I agree with this, the Divination and DADA sets will hopefully give us some excellent minibuilds for MOC classrooms, so much appeal for me. Plus Moody and Trelawney figures, which we haven't had since 2018! Thematically, perhaps yes Lupin would make more sense as he and Trelawney feature in Prisoner of Azkaban, but maybe we'll see him elsewhere this year. I wonder if they'll mix up Trelawney and Moody's moulds, CMF Ginnys hair in a tan colour would work well for Trelawney actually. A moulded eye piece attached to hair for Moody would rock (I'm not holding out hope though).

Not mad about the Hospital Wing based on the description, but count me in for Madam Pomfrey. I think with her, we've covered off all Hogwarts Staff with a speaking role in the films, is that correct?

The trunk could be interesting, I get the feeling it might be a bunch of pieces we've had before though that's being pushed out.

Do we think this is it for Moments waves? Perhaps they're going down to 2 per year, thinking they overdid it last year? They could go back and do DADA Lockhart/Lupin, Care of Magical Creatures, Slughorn's Potions. Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms in miniature book forms would be super cool too. Or knowing LEGO, we'll never see Moments again.

CMF Ginny’s hair would be a good use for Trelawney for sure. Along with the legs would make her different enough from the CMF to make her even more desirable. I think two Moments books is perfect. Starting out with 4(one for each House) made sense as a way to introduce the sets. 

6 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I think Lupin's room makes more sense as one of the new modules instead of the Moment books. That way it can have a skeleton suspended from the ceiling. It would be nice to get another dementor, but the scene with Boggart Snape was so much better, so now I'm torn.

That’s true. We could get a more substantial build of the classroom in module form. I was thinking how I’d like to see a buildable clown, in the case of it not being a Moments set, as that would be a neat build. I’m addition to a Dementor or Boggart Snape. He would make sense as he’s the only Bricktober pack one we’ve haven’t seen again. 

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

CMF Ginny’s hair would be a good use for Trelawney for sure. Along with the legs would make her different enough from the CMF to make her even more desirable. I think two Moments books is perfect. Starting out with 4(one for each House) made sense as a way to introduce the sets. 

That’s true. We could get a more substantial build of the classroom in module form. I was thinking how I’d like to see a buildable clown, in the case of it not being a Moments set, as that would be a neat build. I’m addition to a Dementor or Boggart Snape. He would make sense as he’s the only Bricktober pack one we’ve haven’t seen again. 

I just got the Ginny cmf fig yesterday, and yeah I can see that working for Trelawney. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a new print on the Trelawney hairpiece.

I hope there's an alternate face of Trelawney when she goes into full genuine prediction mode. (although basically all her predictions are actually true)

The moments sets I think are fun ideas, but I probably would prefer full sets of some of the classrooms. DADA and Divination were two that I thought would be great for the moments (I also thought they could do Care of Magical Creatures and a Flying Lesson, but the latter we did actually get a full set of).

The boggart inhabited wardrobe I think is a build quite a lot want. And I personally would like a chalkboard build with either the three unforgivable curses (and Moody's name) or what OWLs stand for from Order of the Phoenix. I'm not that bothered abut a giant clown jack in the box though.

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I Hope it’s a return grey roofs

It's not. First of all, it's a continuation of 2021 Hogwarts and second, Marcoss B. said grey roofs always meant to be only for three years.