Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

If the trio in the Hospital Wing are in their PoA casual outfits I'm hoping Hermione gets a new pink hoodie print without the time turner and a separate time turner accessory (either a printed version of the old medal piece, or new similar piece). Was never a fan of the time turner just printed out in the open on her torso when it's meant to be secret (although the films also have her wearing it too casually at times)

Well promobricks said it's probably with the print

I don't get why people are complaining about the Winter wave. Sure, it's not really great when compared to the Summer wave, but it's better than nothing.

For 3 years we were getting just one wave per year. But this year we got our first Winter wave. Sure, it was just 4 sets based on one gimmick, but still, nice to get something. But next year we'll actually get a much more diverse Winter wave, with 2 old gimmicks, 1 new gimmick, and even a regular set!

This is going like it did early this year, the sets are awful & LEGO is stupid...great reading material. 

I’ll wait for pictures, but they sound promising. I wasn’t very keen on the Moments sets(still not really, for the price). Once I bought them they did grow on me a bit. I can definitely see the appeal for MOCers. Like most, bummed to hear it’s Moody’s room as Lupin’s would’ve been much more exciting build wise. Another gramophone & the cabinet with probably another Dementor. The trunk is intriguing as well. I was pleasantly surprised by Newt’s Suitcase so I’m not ruling that one out yet  

As to the never ending 18/20 vs 21...they’re both good in their ways. The first one takes up way too much display space for starters. The interiors were a bit all over the place. Exteriors are great & the Great Hall was a standout. The latest are the opposite, they have fantastic interiors & pretty lame exteriors. 

Moody & Trelawney are perfect, so we’ll see how that goes, but I hope we get some of those cup/saucers with the Divination class. Pomfrey of course will be the star of the wave for sure. 

I think if the Hogwarts Case set does come with customisable figures, they may have to go down the route of gloves like last year's Harry so they can provide heads in different colours.

hp237.png

TBH 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets, wasn't that good at all. The best one is Great Hall with Clock Tower. Personally, I don't like the rest. GH has a big handicap in form of the lacklustre tower. Overa silhouette is kinda "accurate" (best so far, excluding the D2C microscale castle). This "new" or "rebooted" approach is clearly meant for play for KFOLS. I like the minifigs mostly, the rest is just not appealing to me that much. I would love to have Hogwarts modular line at the same design standard as DA has. It could be collectable and also a fun way to get full castle at some point (or most of it). Like: 

1. Grat Hall

2. Great tower with courtyard

3. Astronomy Tower

4. Greenhouses

5. Clock Tower

6. Bell towers

etc. 

There could be 1-3 teachers (every time unique ones), ghosts, and some students in every set. It's just a wish and most probably not realistic at all, but you know... never say never :D

I hope for more non-Hogwarts sets, in a proper ways, such as Hogwarts Express, Shrieking Shack, (obviously more DA shops + Gringotts), Ministry of Magic, Malfoy Manor, Quidditch Championship etc.. :)

29 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

This is going like it did early this year, the sets are awful & LEGO is stupid...great reading material. 

I’ll wait for pictures, but they sound promising. I wasn’t very keen on the Moments sets(still not really, for the price). Once I bought them they did grow on me a bit. I can definitely see the appeal for MOCers. Like most, bummed to hear it’s Moody’s room as Lupin’s would’ve been much more exciting build wise. Another gramophone & the cabinet with probably another Dementor. The trunk is intriguing as well. I was pleasantly surprised by Newt’s Suitcase so I’m not ruling that one out yet  

As to the never ending 18/20 vs 21...they’re both good in their ways. The first one takes up way too much display space for starters. The interiors were a bit all over the place. Exteriors are great & the Great Hall was a standout. The latest are the opposite, they have fantastic interiors & pretty lame exteriors. 

Moody & Trelawney are perfect, so we’ll see how that goes, but I hope we get some of those cup/saucers with the Divination class. Pomfrey of course will be the star of the wave for sure. 

I agree with this, the Divination and DADA sets will hopefully give us some excellent minibuilds for MOC classrooms, so much appeal for me. Plus Moody and Trelawney figures, which we haven't had since 2018! Thematically, perhaps yes Lupin would make more sense as he and Trelawney feature in Prisoner of Azkaban, but maybe we'll see him elsewhere this year. I wonder if they'll mix up Trelawney and Moody's moulds, CMF Ginnys hair in a tan colour would work well for Trelawney actually. A moulded eye piece attached to hair for Moody would rock (I'm not holding out hope though).

Not mad about the Hospital Wing based on the description, but count me in for Madam Pomfrey. I think with her, we've covered off all Hogwarts Staff with a speaking role in the films, is that correct?

The trunk could be interesting, I get the feeling it might be a bunch of pieces we've had before though that's being pushed out.

Do we think this is it for Moments waves? Perhaps they're going down to 2 per year, thinking they overdid it last year? They could go back and do DADA Lockhart/Lupin, Care of Magical Creatures, Slughorn's Potions. Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms in miniature book forms would be super cool too. Or knowing LEGO, we'll never see Moments again.

Edited by drewdotexe

I’m not personally a fan of the Moments books, but they do allow people to pick up some figures for relatively cheap and they also provide some good pieces (and dare I say it, stickers) for those who want to add them to Mocs.

The hospital wing in the ‘new’ format is a no brainer really. I think most of us have accepted that the 2018-2020 Hogwarts has come to an end (even if we can always hold out hope…). I don’t really care for this new style, as it seems more geared towards play than display, but will probably buy it for Pomfrey as I don’t have the minifigure from the old iterations of the HP line.

the suitcase could actually turn out to be quite good. My kids are definitely keener on building small custom scenes, so this may be just up their alley. Plus if the parts are good then it could be a win-win for everyone. We just need to see what the content will actually be!

I find the idea of the Hogwarts Suitcase intriguing.   The description is a bit confusing as they say one can recreate many different scenes with the included stones (bricks) and that we will probably get a student & teacher that can be customized with different torsos & legs.  They don't really state what the actual pieces included will be other than tiles in colors for each house and a sticker sheet.  It almost sounds like we might get a box full of parts to make some furniture as well as more benches & tables for the Great Hall, maybe an assortment of foods, drinking vessels and such and possibly an assortment of minifig parts.  At least that is what I'm imagining based on the current description.  I'm picturing it being a big parts pack within the suitcase comprised of elements similar to what we've gotten in the Advent calendars, polybags & accessory sets.  

I was pleased to hear they're continuing the Moment series, and am looking forward to Divination in particular. :classic: I really wish we'd get Padma in a Ravenclaw uniform, because I could use more House diversity, but as even the films didn't bother with that little detail, it seems unlikely. :hmpf_bad: DADA will be a more difficult sell for me. (Not one of my favourite scenes, but I'm sure I'll pick it up on sale eventually. I'm a sucker that way.) I'm still hoping there's a ferret included, but perhaps we'll see that in a CMF down the line... Also very pleased to finally be getting a Poppy Pomfrey. :wub: (And Skele-grow? Pretty please and thank you.) Given the piece count, I think it must be larger, at least vertically, than the Fluffy set, so I'm reserving judgment until I see it. Encounter with Fluffy was a little difficult to describe as well, because it was so empty, so perhaps this is just one of those things. (I mean, how many pieces can they use just to make beds and medical supplies??)  

The inclusion of Moody's DADA also has me hopeful we'll see Lupin in a Shrieking Shack this summer, which would be a nice extension of the Hogsmeade set started this year. Then perhaps the next year (2023) we could see a Hogsmeade Station and a Thestral carriage (was that scene OotP or HBP?) with the inevitable Hogwarts Express re-make. That would be a way to keep fans of the 2018 design sweet, including things that aren't limited to the one Hogwarts style or the other, and cover some ground the 2018 series didn't.   

(And 2023 I'd like the scene with the HBP text in the library with Irma Pince, but I fear that was only in the books... Does anyone recall?)

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair there really aren't much characters left for them to do.

Pfft. Have you seen our want lists? :laugh:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Care of Magical Creatures would had been interesting to make a book set of 

It could have included a thestral, the hippogriff, etc

And that right there is why it would make a rotten book set (and I say that as a fan of the series). Neither creature fits well in the book format with much of anything else. 

21 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I was pleased to hear they're continuing the Moment series, and am looking forward to Divination in particular. :classic: I really wish we'd get Padma in a Ravenclaw uniform, because I could use more House diversity, but as even the films didn't bother with that little detail, it seems unlikely. :hmpf_bad: DADA will be a more difficult sell for me. (Not one of my favourite scenes, but I'm sure I'll pick it up on sale eventually. I'm a sucker that way.) I'm still hoping there's a ferret included, but perhaps we'll see that in a CMF down the line... Also very pleased to finally be getting a Poppy Pomfrey. :wub: (And Skele-grow? Pretty please and thank you.) Given the piece count, I think it must be larger, at least vertically, than the Fluffy set, so I'm reserving judgment until I see it. Encounter with Fluffy was a little difficult to describe as well, because it was so empty, so perhaps this is just one of those things. (I mean, how many pieces can they use just to make beds and medical supplies??)  

The inclusion of Moody's DADA also has me hopeful we'll see Lupin in a Shrieking Shack this summer, which would be a nice extension of the Hogsmeade set started this year. Then perhaps the next year (2023) we could see a Hogsmeade Station and a Thestral carriage (was that scene OotP or HBP?) with the inevitable Hogwarts Express re-make. That would be a way to keep fans of the 2018 design sweet, including things that aren't limited to the one Hogwarts style or the other, and cover some ground the 2018 series didn't.   

(And 2023 I'd like the scene with the HBP text in the library with Irma Pince, but I fear that was only in the books... Does anyone recall?)

Pfft. Have you seen our want lists? :laugh:

And that right there is why it would make a rotten book set (and I say that as a fan of the series). Neither creature fits well in the book format with much of anything else. 

Do you mean the scene where Harry and Ginny are screamed out of the library for eating an easter egg? I would love that but alas, only in the books. However, Pince does appear in the films as much as Sinistra did so never say never!

Padma - I just use the Cho from the Hogwarts Students Accessory set (I swapped out CMF Cho's face for Rose Tico's), the resemblance is almost there to be honest. 

There's so many minifigures left to see and to be honest I would rather have the odd new minifigure here and there. Sirius (OoTP), Tonks (OoTP), Aberforth, Percy, Bill and Rita are the big missing ones for me.

So my take on the upcoming summer sets (I’m in Australia) is:

Moments - I like that we’re getting a new Trelawney as she’s my favourite teacher, and having another Moody will be a nice too. I’m a bit underwhelmed that all of the students are Gryffindor, I could really use a Hufflepuff prefect jumper… I assume the purple Divination book will be the purple of the Weasley shop, the muted colour will probably work with the other moments books, but I wonder what colour the DADA book will be?

Hospital wing - Pomfrey!!! Enough said

Suitcase - I don’t get it, will wait for images before judging

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair there really aren't much characters left for them to do.

You cant be serious with this :D

Here:

• Lee Jordan
  • Fang (not rly a minifigure but we need him)
  • Fat Lady (Perfect for CMF)
  • Percy Weasley
  • Bill Weasley
  • Marge
  • Tom (questionable but I love obscure characters)
  • Werewolf
  • Igor Karkaroff
  • Rita Skeeter
  • Barty Crouch Sr.
  • Mermaid (from 2nd task)
  • Aberforth Dumbledore
  • Narcissa Malfoy
  • Xenophilius Lovegood
  • Rufus Scrimgeour

And those are just unique characters we havent got as minifigures since theme came back in 2018. If I made this list with all different versions of characters we need to get it would be much much longer.

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Here:

• Lee Jordan
  • Fat Lady
  • Percy Weasley
  • Bill Weasley
  • Marge
  • Werewolf
  • Igor Karkaroff
  • Rita Skeeter
  • Barty Crouch Sr.
  • Aberforth Dumbledore
  • Narcissa Malfoy
  • Xenophilius Lovegood
  • Rufus Scrimgeour

And those are just unique characters we havent got as minifigures since theme came back in 2018. If I made this list with all different versions of characters we need to get it would be much much longer.

Fat Lady wouldn't make sense as a minifig since she's a painting.

Also, who the hell wants Marge? The only way to include her would be making another Privet Drive, but we just got one last year (or a CMF minifig, but that would be just a plain boring choice).

5 of those are from Deathly Hallows (and 1 from OoTP), and we can't really complain about it as the sets are based on movies 1-4 (the ones in Winter wave).

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Here:

*list*

Add random masked Death Eaters, the remaining house ghosts, and Kreacher to that list, and I‘ll sign it :grin:

Okay those are just two characters you woundnt like but there are plenty of characters that fans who want to get every character as a minifigure would love

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Add random masked Death Eaters, the remaining house ghosts, and Kreacher to that list, and I‘ll sign it :grin:

Yeah and I didnt include super obscure characters and some minor characters from DH movies...

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

and we can't really complain about it as the sets are based on movies 1-4 (the ones in Winter wave).

Yes we can because we talk about entire theme and even tho they dont want to make DH sets they can include those minifigs in CMF and besides those there are plenty of minifigures missing from movies 1-4. I recommend to you follow minifigs.psd on instagram, he makes some great custom models of minifigures we could get in the future.

Edited by Textorix

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Like most, bummed to hear it’s Moody’s room as Lupin’s would’ve been much more exciting build wise. Another gramophone & the cabinet with probably another Dementor.

I think Lupin's room makes more sense as one of the new modules instead of the Moment books. That way it can have a skeleton suspended from the ceiling. It would be nice to get another dementor, but the scene with Boggart Snape was so much better, so now I'm torn.

I think someone here had done a nice MOC of that skeleton, does anyone remember who / where?

4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Not mad about the Hospital Wing based on the description, but count me in for Madam Pomfrey. I think with her, we've covered off all Hogwarts Staff with a speaking role in the films, is that correct?

The trunk could be interesting, I get the feeling it might be a bunch of pieces we've had before though that's being pushed out.

Do we think this is it for Moments waves? Perhaps they're going down to 2 per year, thinking they overdid it last year? They could go back and do DADA Lockhart/Lupin, Care of Magical Creatures, Slughorn's Potions. Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms in miniature book forms would be super cool too. Or knowing LEGO, we'll never see Moments again.

Speaking roles: Didn't Burbage have that one line? "Severus, please..." (far too dark, I know) [ETA: Well, I've checked. There was moaning and a second line: We're friends. A very atmospherically dark scene. (I haven't watched those films often.)] 

The trunk is sounding a little like the "Build Your Own Adventure" book set. I've mixed feelings there if it's too stingy in the parts offered  

I could see them revisiting Moments in the future with the four Houses as common rooms, then a few years later perhaps as their dorms. There was plenty of source material available to create the rooms in the various video games, but I'm not sure how the rights issues play out. 

Thanks for the answer on the scene with Pince. :classic: Yes, where she accuses him of writing in the textbook and completely loses the plot. (I like people who take the care of their books seriously. :laugh:

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Fat Lady wouldn't make sense as a minifig since she's a painting.

Also, who the hell wants Marge? The only way to include her would be making another Privet Drive, but we just got one last year (or a CMF minifig, but that would be just a plain boring choice).

Yes, but the portraits are animated, so that makes some sense, I think. There've been several MOCs that way, and I think it suits nicely.  

*I* want Marge. (And her pesky pup, too) There's a nice MOC on rebrickable that captures her well. 

Edited by krimimimi

59 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Speaking roles: Didn't Burbage have that one line? "Severus, please..." (far too dark, I know) [ETA: Well, I've checked. There was moaning and a second line: We're friends. A very atmospherically dark scene. (I haven't watched those films often.)] 

Oh yeah, that's right... I think even if DH was going to happen they'd skip that, as it is very dark. 

In terms of non-speaking Professors/Staff, we have Vector, Binns and Madam Pince left (and only Binns was left out of the films, Vector was a "cameo" role). I suppose you could get real obscure and add in Grubbly-Plank and the Ancient Runes teacher, who I think is called Professor Babbling but was only named outside the books. (We've had Sinistra so I say anything is possible at this point, although I suspect LEGO were pushing for more diversity in their sets and opted for the non-white Professor in that instance). 

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Yes we can because we talk about entire theme and even tho they dont want to make DH sets they can include those minifigs in CMF and besides those there are plenty of minifigures missing from movies 1-4. I recommend to you follow minifigs.psd on instagram, he makes some great custom models of minifigures we could get in the future.

I meant it more in a way that we should complain about which movies the sets are based on. I absolutely want DH sets and more HBP sets, and I'm worried that they'll keep making mainly Year 1-3 based sets for the rest of this theme's life, but we shouldn't complain about not getting characters we want in sets that don't even fit the desired minifigs.

Well yes, the lack of OotP, HBP and specially DH sets is so disappointing and I would rather not believe that it is designers choice because they are hardcore fans.

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

Here:

• Lee Jordan
  • Fat Lady (Perfect for CMF)
  • Percy Weasley
  • Bill Weasley
  • Marge
  • Werewolf
  • Igor Karkaroff
  • Rita Skeeter
  • Barty Crouch Sr.
  • Aberforth Dumbledore
  • Narcissa Malfoy
  • Xenophilius Lovegood
  • Rufus Scrimgeour

Maybe Fang should I with Hagrid since Fang may not be considered as a “character”, just like Fawkes came with Dumbeldore. Or a remake Hagrid’s hut. 

Hmmm…Fat Lady? How about Sirius Black with a damaged painting that shows a terrified Fat Lady in it?

I want some house ghosts so bad! And Kreacher! And I want a balloon Marge!

I think the level of characters we can hope for has been made so much more exciting with the inclusion of Sinistra. 

For example, Hogwarts has been very well served by sets, but we're still missing from films 1-6 (just new figures, not including variants):

Percy Weasley, Lee Johnson, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Romilda Vane, Cormac McLaggen, Demelza Robbins, Jimmy Peakes, Ritchie Coote. 

Ernie MacMillan, Zacharius Smith, Leanne

Penelope Clearwater, Roger Davies, Michael Corner, Marcus Belby. 

Millicent Bulstrode, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Terence Higgs, Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, Graham Montague. 

Prof Vector, Madam Prince, Grubbly-Plank, Fat Friar, Bloody Baron, Grey Lady. 

Mrs Norris, Fang, Firenze, Troll, Norbert. 

That's not including any of the guests at the Slug Club Christmas Party, Triwizard Tournament or the Death Eaters at the battle of the Astronomy Tower. Also, a proper Crookshanks, Crabbe and Goyle would be welcome :D

Edited by Seaber

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmmm…Fat Lady? How about Sirius Black with a damaged painting that shows a terrified Fat Lady in it?

yeah we need another Sirius version too

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well yes, the lack of OotP, HBP and specially DH sets is so disappointing and I would rather not believe that it is designers choice because they are hardcore fans.

It definitely isn't. 

I think that the answer about DH being "too dark" was just a PR stunt or whatever, because come on, we've got a set based on Stranger Things, a scene where a master nearly kills his Padawan who burns screaming 'I hate you' (losing legs and an arm), or multiple sets based on Nolan's Batman movies.

DH isn't even that dark imo. Sure, it has more "drastic" scenes compared to previous movies, but I'm sure that's not the reason. I honestly have no idea who and why is avoiding those movies.

I think what Lego, or at least Marco B. mean when they say DH films are too dark is that the whole films are pretty miserable. They're also almost in black and white at times they're so gloomy and dull. There is far less wonder in them than the other films and very few light hearted moments. 

Other films have dark moments, both in and outside of the HP series that Lego has produced, but most of those films also have lighter moments. 

I'm sure we will get DH sets at some point, but not in the numbers of the earlier films. 

I must say I do like the DH films, I don't want this post to come across as me being against them, but I must admit I do see Lego's point. 

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think what Lego, or at least Marco B. mean when they say DH films are too dark is that the whole films are pretty miserable. They're also almost in black and white at times they're so gloomy and dull. There is far less wonder in them than the other films and very few light hearted moments. 

Other films have dark moments, both in and outside of the HP series that Lego has produced, but most of those films also have lighter moments. 

I'm sure we will get DH sets at some point, but not in the numbers of the earlier films. 

I must say I do like the DH films, I don't want this post to come across as me being against them, but I must admit I do see Lego's point. 

I mean sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't any noteworthy locations that appeared in those movies. DH P1 was the first and only HP movie which didn't even feature Hogwarts as the main location (well, perhaps even at all)! 

A tent set, Malfoy Manor duel, Ministry of Magic, the wedding, Gringotts escape (or even just the Ironbelly) would all make great, fresh and more diverse sets.

Not to mention that they could also make Hogwarts expansions based on those, it would be a great way of giving us desirable Year 7 variants of characters.