Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Probably Helga Hufflepuff's :laugh:

knowing lego it’d end up being sprout :wink:

4 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

- moody torturing a creature and triggering neville being the focus for the dada classroom when they can’t do dh sets because they’re too dark,,, ok 

I would love to hear Marcos Bessa reaction to question if he thinks that this scene isnt to dark for kids and if it represents family values of Lego company lol. 

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Probably Helga Hufflepuff's :laugh:

Helga Hufflepuff's Head is the new Version of those City Heads that used to Appear in Every Set in like 2008-2010

15 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I would love to hear Marcos Bessa reaction to question if he thinks that this scene isnt to dark for kids and if it represents family values of Lego company lol. 

same with voldemort using his father’s dead body, a minor’s blood and his subordinate’s finger to come back to life

and our protagonist’s best friend’s childhood home being set on fire by terrorists. such family friendly content lego 

3 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

same with voldemort using his father’s dead body, a minor’s blood and his subordinate’s finger to come back to life

and our protagonist’s best friend’s childhood home being set on fire by terrorists. such family friendly content lego 

Yeah so much for their nonsense opinions on Deathly Hallows movies

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah so much for their nonsense opinions on Deathly Hallows movies

Yeah like I said, it's not just the fact that they chose a 'dark scene' featuring a killing curse, but from the general chatter on this forum Moody's DADA it's not the most memorable DADA scene either. People were expecting Lockhart and pixies or Lupin and Boggart. Add that to the fact that the Moments seemed to be aimed at the younger audience, choosing a scene which focuses on torturing and killing a spider rather than say, conquering pixies or 'fear' seems questionable and how this translates to any more memorable or marketable than a DH set I don't know.

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yeah like I said, it's not just the fact that they chose a 'dark scene' featuring a killing curse, but from the general chatter on this forum Moody's DADA it's not the most memorable DADA scene either. People were expecting Lockhart and pixies or Lupin and Boggart. Add that to the fact that the Moments seemed to be aimed at the younger audience, choosing a scene which focuses on torturing and killing a spider rather than say, conquering pixies or 'fear' seems questionable and how this translates to any more memorable or marketable than a DH set I don't know.

We just got Lockhart and Pixies this year.

And the fact that they omitted Lupin makes me hopeful we'll get him this Summer.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And the fact that they omitted Lupin makes me hopeful we'll get him this Summer.

I know, but I think people thought they might reuse those pieces anyway.

Honestly, the new DADA Moments has made me fairly positive that the "Don't tackle DA, it's too dark" is less the designer's actually thinking that and more some asinine licensee business with Warner. There's no way the designers would veto the Battle of Hogwarts or Gringotts and give us this scene unless their hands are tied to not do the former.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Which is exactly why a Moments set based on his DatDA class would make perfect sense. It could give us a new variant of Lockhart that's easier to get (the only 2 variants of the character both come in expensive sets) while also offering fans and children alike a chance to get (more) Pixies. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We know it's a continuation of the 2021 Hogwarts sets, every single one of which looks terrible.

I disagree, however I know it's useless to argue with you on this matter. Guess we'll have to wait and see

1 hour ago, dyl-and said:

thought the 20th anniversary was over so why are they continuing that style for hogwarts,,,, 

I remember Marcos Bess saying that 2018-2020 style was always meant to be only for 3 years. And with this new way they could focus more on the playing features, which is all Lego actually about

The DADA scene in GoF is iconic in its own right, given that it serves as the introduction to both “Moody” and the three curses, so it’s not undeserving of being the source of the new Moments set IMO :classic: I mean, it‘s a lot more relevant to the plot compared to the DADA class in CoS, which is mostly comedic :tongue: Admittedly, I’m a bit biased though since Moody is one of my favourite characters and GoF one of my favourite instalments :grin:

We've had Moody's classroom in the Micro Scale Hogwarts and the Clocktower, it would have been nice to have Lupin's instead as I believe Moody's does not have the dragon skeleton anymore. Lupin also has the nice wardrobe and record player. Moody's room is mostly dark detectors with a bell jar of spiders. 

However, maybe Lupin's room would work better as a full set in it's own right, or part of a bigger set like Lockhart's. 

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The DADA scene in GoF is iconic in its own right, given that it serves as the introduction to both “Moody” and the three curses, so it’s not undeserving of being the source of the new Moments set IMO :classic: I mean, it‘s a lot more relevant to the plot compared to the DADA class in CoS, which is mostly comedic :tongue: Admittedly, I’m a bit biased though since Moody is one of my favourite characters and GoF one of my favourite instalments :grin:

If they don’t do DADA with 3 Unforgiveable Curses lesson in that Moment, it’s completely unforgiveable! 

10 minutes ago, Tom Jurassic said:

I was so hopeful we'd go back to the larger Hogwarts design for the sets after the anniversary. Very disappointed we aren't.

I was excited just to get some regular good old classic playsets, turns out only one of them is.

1 hour ago, Tom Jurassic said:

I was so hopeful we'd go back to the larger Hogwarts design for the sets after the anniversary. Very disappointed we aren't.

We've known since April that the modular design was here to stay. Everyone pretending this is news is just MandR-ing.

If the trio in the Hospital Wing are in their PoA casual outfits I'm hoping Hermione gets a new pink hoodie print without the time turner and a separate time turner accessory (either a printed version of the old medal piece, or new similar piece). Was never a fan of the time turner just printed out in the open on her torso when it's meant to be secret (although the films also have her wearing it too casually at times)

Guess collecting nearly $1000 worth of the OG Hogwarts collection is now useless seeing how Lego wants us to buy uglier versions of it. No deathly hallows sets to finish the original 2018-2020 versions, just remakes of the first fewmovies. Is everyone going to ignore this is a literal spit in the face of anyone that collected things like this. Oh well, guess Lego wants to treat harry potter fans like kids and reboot the whole series.

god, lego is so brain dead

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

5 hours ago, Metanoios said:

The Hogwarts Moments sets are also more geared towards young girls in the style of the Polly Pocket boxes, where you have a container (in this case a book) which transforms into the playset and the accesories are all inside. I highly doubt that you played with those as a boy in the 90s or 2000s. My sister had tons of those

I had Mighty Max sets which were for boys and were awesome. So the appeal for that sort of thing was there for boys too. There were also micro machine playsets and ninja turtle playsets all in similiar style. I think boys actually had more of these things in the 90s than girls. I would have loved moments sets as a child ( not so much now).

Definitely excited for the Hospital Wing and that were finally getting a Madame Pomfrey! Also love that 2021 Hogwarts line is expanding, looks like I’m going to take down my 2018-2020 line to make some more room. Only complaint is price $40 for a Hospital Wing seems kinda odd for a bunch of beds wished there was something else alongside it like maybe the Divination classroom or the Boggart closet, like how Fluffy Encounter had the temporary DADA classroom. Don’t need a huge infirmary but I’ll reserve judgement till photos leak. Fingers crossed for Skelligrow. As for the Moments sets, I could care less for both of them. But having the DADA classroom be Moody’s is such an odd pick. Thought it was weird in the Clocktower, now it’s just baffling, easily the worst DADA classroom. 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Saying that, I'll choose the new wave in an instant in a heartbeat, because of a single reason - connectivity. While 2018-2020 sets looked amazing on their own, I think they looked pretty terrible when connected to each other. They were this one, inconsistent line of random, yet iconic Hogwarts compartments. This one, on the other hand, is consistent in every way, and the possibilities of connecting them with each other are endless. Also, in 2018-2020, I hated how unaffordable they were. Except for 20€ RoR (which was good, but it was just a wall) and 80€ WW (which is already a big set), they were 100€ each. This ones can be 100€, 150€, 50€, or even 10€. That's what I love about it.

I suppose it gives the illusion of being able to moc it when you rearrange it. I still don't get the appeal. So much material goes into making it customisable that it really limits the design of the builds. All these boxes just don't excite me in any way. They were so repetitive and had all the same elements in them. It's a hard pass for me on this design.

"And they are not consistent at al". The only thing thats consistent in the new style is that they are boxes that can stack. They all look different from the outside and can look ugly when arranged in certain configurations. The old style looked like the actual building. How is that inconsistent? Realistic but not inconsistent. So the final product from this new line will be one long building with random towers and you will be hard pushed to distinguish what part of the castle it's supposed to be. The interiors might be more fun for kids as its little vignettes all bunched together. 

And cost is always an issue with lego but the chamber this year was the most expensive main set ever for Hogwarts castle builds. It's the most successful in the new style but you pay for it. The girls bathroom is probably the only other successful interior design. The rest are boring and the quidditch lessons breaks the new system with its middle section. 

So when people say that the new clock tower section will be boring and ugly I can see how they got there. You can picture it being three identical boxes with beds in them and thats not exciting.

Maybe it will live up to the rest of this years theme and people will say that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Not what I thought I'd be saying about Harry Potter sets but this year has brought me there. 

Well the one thing I am not liking for this new direction is the cost and volume.

My oldest daughter collected the 2018-2020 sets, which usually had 1 large set, and then maybe one other smaller set, if that, that was connected to it directly. Making 1-2 sets a year attainable (christmas, birthdays, etc) and enjoyable for her to build and add on.

Now with the re-launch (sooner that I would have liked for sure!) There are what, 4 sets that go together, with 3 more rumored early next year, followed by ??? in summer. So in one years time, there may be as many as 10 sets that go together? I realize no one has to buy any of these, but if that is the overall intention, and then you continue to pop out other sets in the line, are kids or there parents really supposed to spend that? If the new line is going to run 3 years like before, how large will it be? Or will they stop for a year or two, and just allow people to catch up.

Really perplexed by this line.

And crossing my fingers my youngest doesn't want all of these to follow in her sisters foot steps!

37 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Now with the re-launch (sooner that I would have liked for sure!) There are what, 4 sets that go together, with 3 more rumored early next year, followed by ??? in summer.

I agree with your overall point but it's only one connecting Hogwarts set in early 2022: the Hospital Wing. The two class sets are rumoured to be opening-book Moments sets, like the four last January.

The Hospital Wing is the only one of these that piques my interest, and I don't even expect to like it as a set. But, I want Pomfrey and mid-legs are still enough of a rarity that I'd be happy to get three more pairs with a PoA-themed trio. However there are lots of scenes in the Infirmary across the series and I would've rathered gotten a later-series Quidditch outfit, for one of the characters.

I'm hard pressed to imagine how three 8x8 sections plus roofs could look good as the clocktower, but then again, 2021's Hogwarts sets didn't look good, so I've probably answered my own question: it won't look good.

The previous Moments sets had just slightly too little going for them for me to want them. If any one of them had included two desirable Minifigures I probably would have sprung for it, but they didn't. The transfiguration one had a great McGonagall, but I was content to get her hat on B&P. Charms had a good concept with the OG Flitwick, but he didn't look enough like OG Flitwick for me to care. The other two had zero that I wanted.

Sounds like these two will be the same: a lesser version of Trelawney (just like there was a lesser version of Sprout), and Mad-Eye who was already done perfectly in the CMF as well. Including Padma/Parvati is nice though.

As for the largest set, will have to wait and see, but probably not up my alley.

Care of Magical Creatures would had been interesting to make a book set of 

It could have included a thestral, the hippogriff, etc