Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah but Chamber of Secrets Great Hall is like 140 dollar set while this one is only 40 which is weird if they want to make Clock Tower. I dont think this part of the leak is correct.

Well, not really - the Chamber of Secrets is $140 and includes 11 8x8 compartments (plus 5 roofs and CoS entrance). The Great Hall itself in this set includes only 3 8x8 compartments (technically a 24x8 compartment) and 3 roofs, same as the new Clock Tower (we're not sure about how many roofs it includes tho).

That part of the leak is correct, Promobricks is never wrong about the prices.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Well then I guess I will just buy figures from BL as Guyon. Because I have no intention to have 2nd uglier and smaller Clock Tower in my Hogwarts display. With Chamber of Secrets Great Hall it was different because that one can be connected to the rest of the sets in a way that it doesnt even look like Great Hall.

That's not the point of the new Hogwarts expansions - they are supposed to be connectable to each other.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

A wave that only has 1 new character, better than zero..

To be fair there really aren't much characters left for them to do.

41 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Wait what, Hospital wing set is supposed to be remake of Clock Tower? Why? That set was great and very accurate why remake already. 

Um, Hospital Wing is located in Clock Tower. What did you expect?!

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That part of the leak is correct, Promobricks is never wrong about the prices.

I didnt mean price but the fact that it is supposed to be Clock Tower, they can be wrong with this.

This wave sounds really exciting, mostly hyped for the Hospital Wing, but also can't wait to see trunk!

Just now, Legofania said:

Um, Hospital Wing is located in Clock Tower. What did you expect?!

This theme is not always accurate in terms of room placement so yeah I didnt expect that.

Sadly I don't have much money so won't be picking up Divination, it sounds to me like weakest of the sets

Just now, Textorix said:

I didnt mean price but the fact that it is supposed to be Clock Tower, they can be wrong with this.

I doubt it. The Clocktower was a part of POA and it helps visualise the time turning aspect. A clock on the outside of the building will help to create a 'play feature' for an otherwise quite basic castle section.

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well the Hospital Wing is located within the Clock Tower, so it only makes sense.

The new expansions focus much more on the interior than on the exterior. That means that from 2018-2020 they were like "hey, let's do the Clock Tower, or the Astronomy Tower", while from 2021 they are more like "hey, let's do the Hospital Wing, or the Moaning Myrtle Bathroom". 

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I doubt it. The Clocktower was a part of POA and it helps visualise the time turning aspect. A clock on the outside of the building will help to create a 'play feature' for an otherwise quite basic castle section.

I wish we had pictures already because I cant see good looking Clock Tower for 40$... dont get my wrong I love that it is POA based, it is my favourite movie but that piece count cant make justice to that building. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The new expansions focus much more on the interior than on the exterior. That means that from 2018-2020 they were like "hey, let's do the Clock Tower, or the Astronomy Tower", while from 2021 they are more like "hey, let's do the Hospital Wing, or the Moaning Myrtle Bathroom". 

Yeah these arent the best in terms of exterior.... unpopullar opinion but for me 2018-2020 was best in both. Interiors werent that big as in new line but they were detailed.

Edited by Textorix

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Because I have no intention to have 2nd uglier and smaller Clock Tower in my Hogwarts display.

How can you say it's going to be ugly based only on the description? We have absolutely no idea how it's going to look like, and yet you say it's ugly. Lego surprised us a hundred times with their decision, and mostly in positive ways. I'm sure they know what they're doing, they have professionals working for them

The Hospital Wing exterior will most likely just be a generic looking part of the castle with a clock awkwardly slapped on the front and an overall shape that only vaguely resembles it's on-screen counterpart. 

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

How can you say it's going to be ugly based only on the description? We have absolutely no idea how it's going to look like, and yet you say it's ugly. Lego surprised us a hundred times with their decision, and mostly in positive ways. I'm sure they know what they're doing, they have professionals working for them

Because Clock Tower is one of the big dominants of Hogwarts castle and you simply cant make good looking version of it from 500 pieces if you are focusing on mainly on interior.

The Hospital Wing is located in the Hospital Tower in the Quad, however it is connected to the Clocktower by a bridge. 

My guess with what we know do far is two of the 8x8 plates have the Clocktower Tower part, with the little triangular structure on the left then the clock and roof. The third section will have a round tower roof section similar to the 2019 set. Just a guess based on piece Cound and floor size. 

3 minutes ago, Legofania said:

How can you say it's going to be ugly based only on the description? We have absolutely no idea how it's going to look like, and yet you say it's ugly. 

We know it's a continuation of the 2021 Hogwarts sets, every single one of which looks terrible.

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

The Hospital Wing exterior will most likely just be a generic looking part of the castle with a clock awkwardly slapped on the front and an overall shape that only vaguely resembles it's on-screen counterpart. 

Yes, this is how I imagine it... 

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

We know it's a continuation of the 2021 Hogwarts sets, every single one of which looks terrible.

Lets say it more softly, they dont look the best on exterior display :D

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah these arent the best in terms of exterior.... unpopullar opinion but for me 2018-2020 was best in both. Interiors werent that big as in new line but they were detailed.

I think it really depends on the compartment. For example the Bathroom has an exceptional interior with fantastic details, while the Fluffy Encounter ones... I get the 16x8 one, as Fluffy is supposed to fit in there, but Devil's Snares are really small, and the 3rd compartment is literally empty.

Saying that, I'll choose the new wave in an instant in a heartbeat, because of a single reason - connectivity. While 2018-2020 sets looked amazing on their own, I think they looked pretty terrible when connected to each other. They were this one, inconsistent line of random, yet iconic Hogwarts compartments. This one, on the other hand, is consistent in every way, and the possibilities of connecting them with each other are endless. Also, in 2018-2020, I hated how unaffordable they were. Except for 20€ RoR (which was good, but it was just a wall) and 80€ WW (which is already a big set), they were 100€ each. This ones can be 100€, 150€, 50€, or even 10€. That's what I love about it.

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Well, to be fair that's just your opinion. There are many people (including me), who love those expansions, or like them even more than the 2018-2020 ones (also including me). @Textorix himself said that they are fine, but he just can't imagine the Clock Tower in this style, that's what they were discussing.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Saying that, I'll choose the new wave in an instant in a heartbeat, because of a single reason - connectivity. While 2018-2020 sets looked amazing on their own, I think they looked pretty terrible when connected to each other. 

I agree with you on this one. 2021 sets even improved connectivity of 2018-2020 sets by simply adding more volume to it so it doesnt look like long line of random towers. That is why I made my own model in studio where I put them togather but I really dont know where I am gonna put some cheap looking Clock Tower... 

VrugLEp.jpg

After reading the Hospital wing description, I don't really expect that it'll actually recreate the clock part of the clocktower. The three sections connected by a hinge so they can be angled tends to suggest that it'll more likely recreate the angled windows at the the end of the wing (which is the picture they used in the article). I am most looking forward to this set. It would be great to get some battle damaged versions of the characters rather than just recycling the old designs again.

I'm interested in seeing the DADA classroom. I'm hoping they decide to include the stairs/balcony section since that really hasn't made it into a set yet. Short legs for Neville and Hermione is a strange choice. Moody seems like a bad choice give that he'll likely be a more bare bones version than what we got in the CMF, but at least it opens up the possibility of new face expressions.

The trunk sounds interesting, but there's just not enough information for me to really picture what it's supposed to be.

Edited by strangely

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Some of them are about to reach their EOL, which tells me they haven't sold all that well :tongue: Then again, maybe it was too late to correct course, so they're stuck with releasing four more of them :shrug_oh_well: 

Or maybe they retire 2 sets to make room for 2 new on the shelf and from now on we will get 2 new ones every year :shrug_oh_well:

I wonder if I will be pleasantly surprised buy some owls in the sets :tongue:

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

I agree with you on this one. 2021 sets even improved connectivity of 2018-2020 sets by simply adding more volume to it so it doesnt look like long line of random towers. That is why I made my own model in studio where I put them togather but I really dont know where I am gonna put some cheap looking Clock Tower... 

We don't know how it will look yet but going by the rough description:

Could use it for the Training Grounds Tower post PS, pre-HBP, as the building looks very much like the Clock Tower. 

Or could use it to make part of the Quad, at least it will be in roughly the right place

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

We don't know how it will look yet but going by the rough description:

Could use it for the Training Grounds Tower post PS, pre-HBP, as the building looks very much like the Clock Tower. 

Or could use it to make part of the Quad, at least it will be in roughly the right place

Those are some good ideas thx for that. I guess I need wait and see how it will actually look like.

- wonder if trelawney will have two faces (hopefully a crying or possessed one !!)

- wonder if the patil twin (probably parvati) will still have her yule ball bindi 

- moody torturing a creature and triggering neville being the focus for the dada classroom when they can’t do dh sets because they’re too dark,,, ok 

- the trunk thing is a pass - seems like a scaled down version of the moments set 

- i thought the 20th anniversary was over so why are they continuing that style for hogwarts,,,, 

- pomfrey is nice to finally have but wonder who’s head she’ll reuse 🙄 (placing my metaphorical bet it’s the trolley witch)

Edited by dyl-and

For anyone debating how to display the Moments sets, I connected them all standing in a complete circle, and placed them on a lazy Susan. It's very pleasing aesthetically (and fun to spin when you want to vary your display!)