Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

Sounds like there might be something in the suitcase to allow you to make your own common room, so maybe there's a hufflepuff uniform after all?

Yes it seems to be a customisation set with different legs and torsos. There are pieces to build different scenes like the sorting hat ceremony which you then can reenact with your own character.

It's no likely there will be any new minifigure molds needed apart from Pomfrey's hat, last year we got the McGonnagall one in the winter wave so a proper hat seems likely. 

The Hospital Wing will most likely reuse Harry and Ron from Buxkbeal Encounter I guess, with Hermione probably the same with an additional TT print. 

This actually sounds like an amazing January wave! :wub:

I don't collect Hogwarts Moments sets, but I understand that they work as a once-a-year type of gimmick. And as they are not the only sets in the wave, I don't mind them one bit. Nice to get Patil twins (well, at least one of them, again). Kinda disappointed that we'll get another Moody (seeing as we already have a perfect one) instead of Lupin, who we got only once in a pretty big set.

The suitcase set sounds so intriguing. Definitely not going to buy it, but it sounds so weird, I can't wait to see it. Dorm rooms are there, and customizable minifigs? AND it's just 50€? Sounds great.

Now for my favourite - finally, the Hospital Wing. It sounds so good. Minifigures sound great (Madame Pomfrey at last, and I hope Harry gets a new torso). It also sounds like a great build. It has only 3 8x8 compartments with 510 pieces (wonder how many roofs there are?) - for comparison, 76387 had 4 8x8 compartments with 3 roofs AND a buildable creature, and not even 400 pieces. That means that we can expect this build to be really detailed (can't wait to get some of them sweets). 

Why they keep making these book sets? They suck because you cant connect them to rest of the Hogwarts sets and therefore they are difficult to display.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That means that we can expect this build to be really detailed (can't wait to get some of them sweets). 

I hope one of the 'sweets' is a Skele gro bottle even if that was from COS.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Why they keep making these book sets? They suck because you cant connect them to rest of the Hogwarts sets and therefore they are difficult to display.

Because they are self-contained sets that every kid will love. Just imagine, as a child, seeing an openable Harry Potter book with a classroom and 3 minifigs.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

I hope one of the 'sweets' is a Skele gro bottle even if that was from COS.

Yesss :grin_wub:

They need to do it. Also, Beans for Dumbledore. I expect them to include little Easter Eggs like those in this set.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because they are self-contained sets that every kid will love. Just imagine, as a child, seeing an openable Harry Potter book with a classroom and 3 minifigs.

I guess I was different kid then because I always loved connecting stuff into something bigger rather than playing with so called self-contained sets but at least kids will enjoy it then

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just imagine, as a child, seeing an openable Harry Potter book with a classroom and 3 minifigs.

Young-me would be just as uninterested as current-me.

I'm not a Fan of this Wave.More Moments sets is Kinda Fun,a Hospital Wing will probably be this Year's GOAT,but the Trunk is Confusing.I really Wish they just Made a $50 Hogwarts Expansion with Some Common Rooms or a Classroom.Also the Figure Selection is Lacking,I dig a New Moody,as Long as he has a Slightly Updated Color Palette,and Trelawney with Legs is Cool.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Kinda disappointed that we'll get another Moody (seeing as we already have a perfect one) instead of Lupin, who we got only once in a pretty big set.

Lupin is probably part of the summer wave

1 minute ago, Metanoios said:

Any Guesses for what Set it will be?Shrieking Shack is what Everyone Wants,but a $20 Classroom similar to the Polyjuice Potion Mistake would be Fire.

3 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

He better will be there as Werewolf 

As someone who has bought all sets since 2018, I will probably only get Pomfrey from this January wave, as the hospital wing is already in the clock tower.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I guess I was different kid then because I always loved connecting stuff into something bigger rather than playing with so called self-contained sets but at least kids will enjoy it then

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Young-me would be just as uninterested as current-me.

The Hogwarts Moments sets are also more geared towards young girls in the style of the Polly Pocket boxes, where you have a container (in this case a book) which transforms into the playset and the accesories are all inside. I highly doubt that you played with those as a boy in the 90s or 2000s. My sister had tons of those

2 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

God I hope so. Seeing as this year was mainly PS and CoS, I hope they make more sets from movies beyond that. 

We need a Shrieking Shack from PoA, so that's definitely what I'd count on. But I hope they include Werewolf Lupin in a 50€+ Shrieking Shack / Whomping Willow set, and a regular Lupin in a 20€ Hogwarts expansion. Just imagine a 20€ expansion (like Polyjuice Potion Mistake) with Harry, Lupin and a Boggart Dementor, with a DADA classroom that includes a wardrobe. It'd be amazing.

4 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

The Hogwarts Moments sets are also more geared towards young girls in the style of the Polly Pocket boxes, where you have a container (in this case a book) which transforms into the playset and the accesories are all inside. I highly doubt that you played with those as a boy in the 90s or 2000s. My sister had tons of those

Yeah I think they are trying to aim more for girls too with this theme it seems

Also can someone tell me how they want to make Clock Tower (hospital wing) for just 40 bucks? 2019 version was more than twice as big so this version will be ugly as hell

Edited by Textorix

20 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Wait what, Hospital wing set is supposed to be remake of Clock Tower? Why? That set was great and very accurate why remake already. 

Well, it's in the same way that this year's Chamber of Secrets was a remake of the 2018 Great Hall set, Both include the Great Hall, but they are vastly different from each other. 

This set is also based on the Clocktower, just like the 2019 set, but that's where the similarities end. After this year's Hogwarts expansions revolutions it would be illogical to omit most recognised Hogwarts compartments with this new style.

Yeah I think they are trying to aim more for girls too with this theme it seems

Also can someone tell me how they want to make Clock Tower (hospital wing) for just 40 bucks? 2019 version was more than twice as big so this version will be ugly as hell

This one has 510 pieces. Last one had 922 pieces.

Don't you realise how the new Hogwarts style works? You get multiple 8x8 (sometimes 16x8 or 24x8) compartments, which you can easily connect. This new expansion has 3 of them (we don't know how many roofs or tower-roofs are included).

Well, it's in the same way that this year's Chamber of Secrets was a remake of the 2018 Great Hall set, Both include the Great Hall, but they are vastly different from each other. 

This set is also based on the Clocktower, just like the 2019 set, but that's where the similarities end. After this year's Hogwarts expansions revolutions it would be illogical to omit most recognised Hogwarts compartments with this new style.

Yeah but Chamber of Secrets Great Hall is like 140 dollar set while this one is only 40 which is weird if they want to make Clock Tower. I dont think this part of the leak is correct.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Then it’ll fit right in with the 2021 Hogwarts builds

Oooof :D No tbh they are fine but this I simply cant imagine it

Oh good, the Moody set includes Neville, Hermione, and a spider so you can relive the magical moment when a Death Eater posing as their teacher tortures a spider and triggers Neville's PTSD until Hermione begs him to stop.... >insert tired comment about DH being too dark/unmarketable here<

It sounds like the Hospital Wing is going to be a lackluster remake of the clocktower, but at $40 that might not be the worst thing. It should be a good parts park since clocktower pieces are hard to come by. I don't really care about the others but I'm sure they'll have some nice elements.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't you realise how the new Hogwarts style works? You get multiple 8x8 (sometimes 16x8 or 24x8) compartments, which you can easily connect. This new expansion has 3 of them (we don't know how many roofs or tower-roofs are included).

I realise it and thats why I dont understand how it is supposed to represent Clock Tower. Even if the Tower will be made of 3 of those 16x8 sections stacked it will luck details with that piece count.

I realise it and thats why I dont understand how it is supposed to represent Clock Tower. Even if the Tower will be made of 3 of those 16x8 sections stacked it will luck details with that piece count.

That's because they are not going for a full-perfect Lego replica of the Clock Tower - they have to adjust it to the new style, meaning it's only 8 studs wide.

That's because they are not going for a full-perfect Lego replica of the Clock Tower - they have to adjust it to the new style, meaning it's only 8 studs wide.

Well then I guess I will just buy figures from BL as Guyon. Because I have no intention to have 2nd uglier and smaller Clock Tower in my Hogwarts display. With Chamber of Secrets Great Hall it was different because that one can be connected to the rest of the sets in a way that it doesnt even look like Great Hall.