Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Are there many other countries other than Australia that are still waiting for theĀ Wizarding World Minifigure Accessory Set to come available?

They are also still available overhere in the Netherlands.

Dammit, they had a bunch of these at the New York flagship store I knew I should had grabbed an accessory set šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

The review embargo has been lifted as brickset, brothers brick, andĀ @AshnflashĀ (among others) have published their respective reviews of the Icons collectionĀ :thumbup:Ā Still looks just as impressive, canā€™t wait to get my hands on itĀ :wub:

I like it a lot more than I thought I would from the 'buildable objects' leak, but the only things I don't like areĀ the scarves, as everything else is very smooth and they just look like french fries, and the blank space for a name on the letter. I wish it just said Dear Harry, because whoĀ  wantsĀ to write on their Lego!

It's honestlyĀ laughable how they didn't include the handful of extra pieces needed to construct all 4 "scarfs" concurrently.

It looks impressive and neat. However,Ā Iā€™m not convinced to buy that ā€œHogwarts Iconsā€ set myself.Ā 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's honestlyĀ laughableļ»æ how they didn't include the handful of extra pieces needed to construct all 4 "scarfs" concurrently.

I'm definitely liking this set more and more, but the worst part of the set to me seems to be the scarfs. If I buy it, I'm definitely leaving off the scarf pieces entirely.Ā 

The scarves is definitely the eye sore of the set. I would say the scarves are iconic in their own right & they had to represent the Houses...but surely there was something else they couldā€™ve done. Especially where we couldā€™ve shown all four & notĀ drive the price up too much.Ā 

Awesome set, but I agreeĀ the scarves are a bit weak. Will probably just remove them. The stand for the golden figures looks good, will consider getting the full set now.

33 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The scarves is definitely the eye sore of the set. I would say the scarves are iconic in their own right & they had to represent the Houses...but surely there was something else they couldā€™ve done. Especially where we couldā€™ve shown all four & notĀ drive the price up too much.Ā 

I wonder if getting similar color pieces but without studs showing would be a marked improvement to them - and therefore having only a few studs showing for texture.Ā 

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I wonder if getting similar color pieces but without studs showing would be a marked improvement to them - and therefore having only a few studs showing for texture.Ā 

For me itā€™s the length. I wasnā€™t even sure what it was when I first saw it. So maybe Itā€™s ifĀ there was a bit more to it it would read better. That mightā€™ve helped though.Ā 

Edited by Vindicare

Great... Wizarding World Accessory Pack is apparently retiring at the end of the year and it still hasn't been released here yet!Ā :damn:

35 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Great... Wizarding World Accessory Pack is apparently retiring at the end of the year and it still hasn't been released here yet!Ā :damn:

Where did you hear that? I don't recall seeing it on the EOL lists.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Where did you hear that? I don't recall seeing it on the EOL lists.

No, @chris6507Ā is right.Ā According to Stonewars, it and the other Accessory Pack are both expected to retire at the end of the year. Also of note, the Bellatrix / Voldemort / Nagini set is going EOL, which also won't have been around long, and both the Charms and Herbology Moment sets released last January (not TransfigĀ or Potions, though). I noticed they aren't even listing the Great Hall anymore,Ā so I assume that's already EOL for us at the S@H.Ā 

Edited by krimimimi

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

No, @chris6507Ā is right.Ā According to Stonewars, it and the other Accessory Pack are both expected to retire at the end of the year. Also of note, the Bellatrix / Voldemort / Nagini set is going EOL, which also won't have been around longļ»æļ»æ, and both the Charms and Herbologyļ»æļ»æ Moment sets released last January (not TransfigĀ or Potions, though). I noticed they aren't even listing the Great Hall anymore,Ā soļ»æ I assume that'sļ»æļ»æ alreadyļ»æļ»æļ»æ EOLļ»æ forļ»æ us at the S@H.Ā 

This list definitelyĀ seems suspicious. Between the new accessory pack not even lasting a few months to the Pirates Ideas set being retired so soon...

Ā 

Not sure if itā€™s been brought up, but there are at least two typos in the icons sets, Iā€™m not an expert on how many hands the design work of prints and stickers go through but this happens laughably often with d2c and ucs sets. How much time could it possibly take to do a quality check on these things.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Not sure if itā€™s been brought up, but there are at least two typos in the icons sets, Iā€™m not an expert on how many hands the design work of prints and stickers go through but this happens laughably often with d2c and ucs sets. How much time could it possibly take to do a quality check on these things.

TBH I think it's a bit beyond a joke now. When I was doing my college andĀ university essays, I would scrutinise my essays, reading them through multiple times after finishing with gaps in between reads to spot those spelling mistakes that youĀ just become word blind to when you're staring at the screen creating the essay for so long. So considering that stickers and plaques in the SW UCS sets and these other D2C sets aren't that much wording overall you would think that even if they were checked by one person alone they could be got right. It's just sloppy andĀ makes a mockery of the 'only the best is good enough' slogan as it shows no real care for the overall finish of the product.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's just sloppy andĀ makes a mockery of the 'only the best is good enough' slogan as it shows no real care for the overall finish of the product.

"Only the best is good enough" is just a marketing ploy at this point, LEGO has been slipping up on quality control for years and it's only been getting worse (spelling on stickers/prints, poor printing on figures, etc). It's sad but true.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:17 PM, RODDY said:

As much as I would love another Diagon Alley Expansion, the minifigs on that set arenā€™t the most thrilling so I would go with the D2C Second Task at around $300Ā personally. The trade off between not completing the street for all the new minifigs is worth it to me.Ā Builds would includeĀ Ā Dumstrang Ship, the three piers and a nice underwater build where everyone is bound up. Minifigs would be GillyĀ Harry, Shark Krum, 2nd task Cedric, 2nd task Fleur, Ron, Hermoine, Gabriella, Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Mad Eye Moody, Ā Dumbledore,Ā Neville, Rita Skeeter,Ā 3x Grindylows, 2x Mermaids. Thatā€™s my dream HP set right there.Ā 

Seconded šŸ‘ this my ideal choice as well

57 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Seconded šŸ‘ this my ideal choice as well

Second task yould be great but, not as D2C. Otherwise I can see similar set to the Battle on Hoth (SW) aka several smaller separate sets, such as Durmstrang Ship (standalone), Underwater build (standalone set) and piers (standalone set)... Diagon Alley expansion makes much more sense... Gringotts, Borgin and Burke, some shop (Madame Malkin's or Owl emporium etc.) and Leaky Cauldron. This would be equally (or more) appealing as the original DA set, and there could be some interesting figs as well (2-3 Goblins, Belatrix/Hermione, Ron/Deatheater, Harry with an invisible cloak, Mr. Borgin, Some other named deatheaters, some Hogwarts students, Madame Malkin, Rita Skeeter and more. This way, we can et complete (on Lego measures) Alley, with all important places, with many never-before released figs or their ittirations.Ā 

23 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Second task yould be great but, not as D2C. Otherwise I can see similar set to the Battle on Hoth (SW) aka several smaller separate sets, such as Durmstrang Ship (standalone), Underwater build (standalone set) and piers (standalone set)... Diagon Alley expansion makes much more sense... Grļ»æingotts, Borgin and Burke, some shop (Madame Malkin's or Owl emporium etc.) and Leaky Cauldron. This would be equally (or more) appealing as the original DA set, and there could be someļ»æļ»æ interesting figs as well (2-3 Goblins, Belatrix/Hermione, Ron/Deatheater, Harry with an invisible cloak, Mr. Borgin, Some other named deatheaters, some Hļ»æogwarts studentsļ»æ, ļ»æMadame Malkin, Rita Skeeter and more. This way, we can et complete (on Lego measures) Alley, with all important places, with many never-before released figs or their ittirations.Ā 

I like this idea. Made me think of another good option too. It's dreaming but this could be how they do a one-off Deathly Hallows set that's slightly darker. A battle-of-hoth typeĀ D2C. It'd be an 18+ D2C "Battle of Hogwarts" set. With muptple areas of the outside. Courtyard where the final dual occurs, bridge battle with collapsible bridge, and enough minifigures with monsters to make it very active.Ā 

Just a dream...

I mean, they made the Vader's Meditation Chamber where he Force chokes someone to death for failing him for the last time...

19 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I like this idea. Made me think of another good option too. It's dreaming but this could be how they do a one-off Deathly Hallows set that's slightly darker. A battle-of-hoth typeĀ D2C. It'd be an 18+ D2C "Battle of Hogwarts" set. With muptple areas of the outside. Courtyard where the final dual occurs, bridge battle with collapsible bridge, and enough minifigures with monsters to make it very active.Ā 

Just a dream...

I mean, they made the Vader's Meditation Chamber where he Force chokes someone to death for failing him for the last time...

Well there was an older set (I think 2010?) with Voldemort, Harry, Hagrid and Narcissa Malfoy with a little forest bit.

So it's not out of the realms of possibility for a darker set based of Deathly Hallows.

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Well there was an older set (I think 2010?) with Voldemort, Harry, Hagrid and Narcissa Malfoy with a little forest bit.

So it's not out of the realms of possibility for a darker set based of Deathly Hallows.

Everything is openā€¦ endless possibilities ;) But I guess that next year we will get year 3 (PoA) and maybe 4 (GoF)ā€¦ previous line 2018-2020 seems to be concluded. Sadlyā€¦ So TLG will probably continue in this new ā€œboxyā€ design for another Hogwarts segments or they will start freshā€¦ My only hope is to get Gringotts and possibly some other DA shops such as Borgin and Burke and maybe new HagridĀ“s hut (hopefully with better finish than the last one, and of course proper Hogwarts express (like 1200 pieces + with min. 2 passenger cars). And maybe, maybe some kind of Ministry of Magic and Malfoy Manor.. but this lineup contains many D2C sets, otherwise it would be crappyā€¦

Wizarding World Accessory Pack is finally available in Australia if any Aussies were wanting to know.

Edited by chris6507

What would you guys think aboutĀ a potential 2022 D2C beingĀ based on Fantastic Beasts? Like a $250Ā suitcaseĀ (interior, not the actual suitcase) from FB1Ā or theĀ basementĀ from Newt's apartment inĀ CoG?

I'm fully aware that these movies aren't exactly universally loved but I for one would adore a set like this. Just imagine the sheer amount of magical creatures we could getĀ :wub: