Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Why not? I reckon it would work incredibly well.

I’m having a hard time visualizing it because the Ironbelly would have to be rather large to have (at least to me) necessary detailing and stature next to minifigures, therefore; it would look a bit too large on top of a Diagon Alley-scaled Gringott’s. However, it could probably work, I just can’t visualize it :D 

21 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

it would not necessarily work on Diagon Alley’s scale.  

Why it wouldnt work? DA scale is quite huge, sure not as much as some oversized Gringotts mocs I have seen but I am sure it would be no problem for Marcos and his team to make Gringotts building with about 1500-2000 pieces to fit with the rest of the buildings of Diagon Alley set. I mean yes, Gringotts bank is supposed to be the biggest building of Diagon Alley but it is not gonna be size of Daily Bugle or sth like that lol.

6 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

I’m having a hard time visualizing it because the Ironbelly would have to be rather large to have (at least to me) necessary detailing and stature next to minifigures, therefore; it would look a bit too large on top of a Diagon Alley-scaled Gringott’s. However, it could probably work, I just can’t visualize it :D 

It's just kind of randomly sitting there, but we have my wife's LEGO Smaug sitting on top of of Weasley Wizard Wheezes and I can say that scale wise, it looks pretty good. I can take a picture tomorrow if you'd like to see. But just wanted to let you know if it's a similiar scale it would look pretty good.

9 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

He would be probably same size as Hungarian Horntail but hopefully with better build and more accurate head mold.

Edited by Textorix

Just now, chris6507 said:

It's just kind of randomly sitting there, but we have my wife's LEGO Smaug sitting on top of of Weasley Wizard Wheezes and I can say that scale wise, it looks pretty good. I can take a picture tomorrow if you'd like to see. But just wanted to let you know if it's a similiar scale it would look pretty good.

Sure! 

I was going to be lazy as I didn't want to get off my megablocks right now, but I decided to anyways. Lol. As I said, it's just been sitting there completely random, so not really posed or anything, but gives you an idea:

https://ibb.co/85cHJtF

https://ibb.co/8KRF6Jr

Just realised there is a limo dumped on the next roof over too! :iamded_lol: I've been making some changes! :laugh:

Edited by chris6507

15 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I was going to be lazy as I didn't want to get off my megablocks right now, but I decided to anyways. Lol. As I said, it's just been sitting there completely random, so not really posed or anything, but gives you an idea:

https://ibb.co/85cHJtF

https://ibb.co/8KRF6Jr

Just realised there is a limo dumped on the next roof over too! :iamded_lol: I've been making some changes! :laugh:

:D Cheers! The scale looks quite decent. I guess I forgot how large the DA is, haven’t seen mine in two months.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'm not sure pissing off consumers like that when they're already a bit annoyed it's taken so long is a smart decision from a business pov :tongue: I'd be surprised if the design team ends up making a decision that stupid (though anything is possible I guess, looking at what we got this year).

We've got Ninjago City Gardens as a demonstration that they hopefully think long term for compatibility with other sets.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, (Insert Name Here) said:

When we got the bogart Snape in the Bricktober pack, it kinda crushed my hopes for a DADA classroom.

But we can still get it, only instead of Snape they may put Dementor as a Boggar. I think this is the thing lego would do

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

But we can still get it, only instead of Snape they may put Dementor as a Boggar. I think this is the thing lego would do

Why not just redesign Boggart Snape? :wink:

6 hours ago, Legofania said:

Nah, I vote a redesigned Boggart Snape over Dementor. 

16 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

My biggest worry is we finally GET a Gringotts, but then it's ultimately after Diagon Alley set is retired and is completely not compatible...

I think lego will give us Gringotts at some stage but that it won't be designed to be added to the Diagon Alley set. Now don't loose your minds yet, I think it will be in a similar scale and will look great if you do add it to you alley but I feel they may design it to be a stand alone set to give them more freedom with the design of it. This gives them more options to either give us a simply $100 set (american value for simplicity) or a $300 set with more detail, a dragon and a mine cart section. I'm not sure they would break the second option into multiply add on sets either. 

I just don't see them giving us expansions to the current style of Diagon Alley as I feel we should have gotten the Bank this year if they were going to do it that way as you really want them to be available at the same time to complete the street. And the other side of the street isn't well known enough to give us another $400 set. By breaking the bank out of this layout you can have both available but not dependant on each other. 

Edited by Micmac

2 hours ago, Micmac said:

I think lego will give us Gringotts at some stage but that it won't be designed to be added to the Diagon Alley set.

I reckon if or whenever the do it, they'll just keep it modular so it can sit alone, or connect to anything else modular. Between the Modulars, Ninjago City, Diagon Alley and now the Marvel Daily Bugle every single set stands alone, can connect to each other across themes and all (except Diagon Alley & Daily Bugle so far) have sets that have come and gone before and are no longer available on the shelf.

As long as they keep it modular it works on its own it is compatible with the current style and can connect to anything else modular available past, present or future.

Basically if it's done within the modular scale it can come out anytime and it will fit regardless of what is on the shelf.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

I reckon if or whenever the do it, they'll just keep it modular so it can sit alone, or connect to anything else modular. Between the Modulars, Ninjago City, Diagon Alley and now the Marvel Daily Bugle every single set stands alone, can connect to each other across themes and all (except Diagon Alley & Daily Bugle so far) have sets that have come and gone before and are no longer available on the shelf.

As long as they keep it modular it works on its own it is compatible with the current style and can connect to anything else modular available past, present or future.

Basically if it's done within the modular scale it can come out anytime and it will fit regardless of what is on the shelf.

We got modular lite with Diagon Alley, on a baseplate but half a building. They could stick to that like I did in my moc but I don't see Gringotts being a good candidate for fully sealed modular with a closed back. It's an odd shaped building and if they go full modular style baseplate you would want the other side of the alley to balance the display out. They could go full modular but with open back, it would be a new style for lego but I'm not sure if that's something the modular city people want. 

They could go Hogsmeade style and like the version of the bank in 2010 and have no baseplate and be free to add play features with cart and a safe area that are not limited by a set base area. This would still allow you to add it to you display but have lots of other display options. 

Due to the irregular shape of Gringotts, I could see, and really love, an effective baseplate shape that connects to the Diagon Alley set at half base (16 stud?) depth and then comes out to full modular (32 stud?) depth. That would allow for a complete silhouette with DA and existing modulars, and also ample room for a more complex interior

Hypothetically if the Harry Potter line was ending and there was to be ONE more set to be produced, what would you want it to be? It can be big, small, accessory pack or D2C, but the minifigures have to be relevant to the scene. So getting a set you might like, could mean you miss out on figures you want for example.

I think I would have to stick with Gringotts myself as my street does not feel complete. But Its hard not to imagine a 2nd Task D2C and all the exclusive minifigures that could come in that.

Edited by chris6507

39 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Hypothetically if the Harry Potter line was ending and there was to be ONE more set to be produced, what would it be? It can be big, small, accessory pack or D2C, but the minifigures have to be relevant to the scene. So getting a set you might like, could mean you miss out on figures you want for example.

I think I would have to stick with Gringotts myself as my street does not feel complete. But Its hard not to imagine a 2nd Task D2C and all the exclusive minifigures that could come in that.

There's a ton of things that could still be made but Gringotts is definitely the one we need most imo, as awesome as the Diagon Alley set is it just feels incomplete without it's most iconic building.

I'd personally want the figures to be a mixture of the later movies like Harry, Ron (disguise), Hermione (Bellatrix disguise and don't cheap out on the skirtprinting this time) and several goblins for Deathly Hallows and Draco and Narcissa Malfoy from Half Blood Prince.

I'd hate to miss out on some other must-have figures like wedding Fleur, Kreacher, OotP Sirius, Madam Pomfrey or OotP Tonks though.

Are there many other countries other than Australia that are still waiting for the Wizarding World Minifigure Accessory Set to come available?

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hypothetically if the Harry Potter line was ending and there was to be ONE more set to be produced, what would you want it to be? It can be big, small, accessory pack or D2C, but the minifigures have to be relevant to the scene. So getting a set you might like, could mean you miss out on figures you want for example.

I’d also have to say Gringotts as well since Diagon Alley does feel incomplete without it. I also think it’d be nice to have something depicting the Ministry of Magic. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a giant D2C set but even just a small battle set with a fireplace and a small fountain or something like that.

I would love to see D2C Gringotts and other shops and known places on Diagon Alley (including leaky cauldron). However, few things that could be interesting are D2C Hogsmeade (with size of Diagon Alley) and D2C Grimmauld Place 12, which will include all members of order of the phoenix and Blacks family tree.

This may be an “unpopular” opinion but I would like to see Durstrang ship, please! Sure, it was seen for like, uh, 3 seconds in movie but so what? 

Also, I would like to see D2C to be Gringotts Banks with a few more shops and maybe street vendors (not like Wizarding World set). Not sure about Knockturn Alley…

6 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Are there many other countries other than Australia that are still waiting for the Wizarding World Minifigure Accessory Set to come available?

It’s available in Ameirca now. I don’t know about other countries. 

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

My top pick for a new set would be the Ministry of Magic. It plays such a prominent role in the OOTP story, as well as in Death Hallows. It would be a good location for various minifigs that are still needed. Plus, the interesting design of the Ministry would make for a lovely set.

42 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

This may be an “unpopular” opinion but I would like to see Durstrang ship, please! Sure, it was seen for like, uh, 3 seconds in movie but so what? 

Also, I would like to see D2C to be Gringotts Banks with a few more shops and maybe street vendors (not like Wizarding World set). Not sure about Knockturn Alley…

It’s available in Ameirca now. I don’t know about other countries. 

Oh my - a 30 dollar set called "Diagon Alley Street Scene" in similar fashion to the 501st set, but designed to be the same amount of figures, and a few builds of vendors. Basically an advanced accessory pack...:moar:

10 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I'd love a Gringotts set but I think I'd prefer a final 2018 style castle expansion for the battle Hogwarts with the bell towers and an exploding bridge. It would be a good way for us to fill a few gaps in the castle (most obviously the remaining dorms and the room of hidden things) and it would be a good way to get missing figures and variants (battle of Hogwarts trio and Neville being obvious inclusions as well as random others like Zabini). 

10 hours ago, chris6507 said:

As much as I would love another Diagon Alley Expansion, the minifigs on that set aren’t the most thrilling so I would go with the D2C Second Task at around $300 personally. The trade off between not completing the street for all the new minifigs is worth it to me. Builds would include  Dumstrang Ship, the three piers and a nice underwater build where everyone is bound up. Minifigs would be Gilly Harry, Shark Krum, 2nd task Cedric, 2nd task Fleur, Ron, Hermoine, Gabriella, Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Mad Eye Moody,  Dumbledore, Neville, Rita Skeeter, 3x Grindylows, 2x Mermaids. That’s my dream HP set right there.