Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

How dare you! :laugh: The minifigs are a bit lackluster as a whole, but the builds were great with a fantastic end result. 

There’s plenty of play in this year’s castle sets. Chamber has the flipping table, the slide, & the snake entrance. Potion set has a movable sink with drop, Fluffy set has the trapdoor. The sink & trapdoor have the added bonus of being better together, but watching a 10 & 5 year old play with LEGO, I doubt that’s much of a problem there if they only had one of them. 

I think it's subjective - I don't find the style of architecture so interesting, compared to asian architecture for example. But surely they did the best possible with what they had.

On 8/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I think it looks phenomenal and much more interesting than the bland DA.

I respectfully disagree with you on how “bland” Diagon Alley is. Of course it’s just your opinion but DA has some amazing small details. :oh3:

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's exactly the problem though, the new 2021 system focusses so much on play that display completely became an afterthought. The 2018-2020 sets on the other hand perfectly balanced the two.

They were sort of trending in that direction though. The Great Hall and Clock Tower both had some generous spaces for some of the scenes likely to play out there. By the Astronomy Tower, however, it was mostly this series of bitty spaces that were basically good for static minifig display and that was that. (It was frustrating enough that I made it part of my nanoscale Hogwarts display instead.) But at least the exterior still looked good. And of course now the 2021 system is both too small and has a rubbish exterior. It's not that you can't make a nice vignette in an 8x8 space (although it's unnecessarily more challenging than a less cramped space), but it isn't particularly suited for interaction once it's finished. 

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, both are massive improvements to the OG versions with enough new stuff to make them interesting, so I'm not complaining.

You think the 2021 CoS Great Hall was an improvement over the 2018 GH or the original CoS?

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I respectfully disagree with you on how “bland” Diagon Alley is. Of course it’s just your opinion but DA has some amazing small details. :oh3:

of course also here: I think it's a great set. With 2 times more parts each building could have been better of course but with all the restraints Lego did a phantastic job (only the figures I find just bad; *cough Lex Lucius Luther Malfox; no leg printing for Lockhart).

..Just I am used to asian architecture or something more "different" - therefore these kind of buildings are bland to me while the next D2C is something unique - like the giant figures or nanoscale Hogwarts. It brings something new to Lego and does a very good job while the sud-painting-artpieces are more controversial.

36 minutes ago, Modal said:

Don’t know if this has been shared yet, but someone combined the two Great Hall sets into what I believe is the best of both worlds.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-80761/Crimson Coronet/76389-as-basementcliffs-for-75954-great-hall-footprint-mod/#details

:pir-bawling:

I'll sell my modded (with rocks and so on) great hall - but seeing this, I'd want to also get the new one for combining them. Great find, great build!

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Don’t know if this has been shared yet, but someone combined the two Great Hall sets into what I believe is the best of both worlds.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-80761/Crimson Coronet/76389-as-basementcliffs-for-75954-great-hall-footprint-mod/#details

There are no words to describe how extremely excellent this is.

Okay, so, my thoughts on the D2C cause I have WiFi now:

Looks good, but definitely not for me. I’m not sure this will have the same appeal to non lego fans though, as Hogwarts or even DA. Those are the most iconic locations, this is a couple of statues locked together, one of which already has a much cheaper alternative. 

I also just got the AT from last year. I think it’s great, but it could really use a few mods. I’m thinking the roof particularly needs some fixes.

18 hours ago, Modal said:

I know I am new to this forum,  but I straight up love you. Now I have a real reason to buy this set, besides wanting Sinistra.👍🤯😎

The end of scars.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What are those things in the house colors supposed to represent? Scarfs? If so... yikes.

20 hours ago, Modal said:

And I wasn't going to get the new Great Hall. Oh well, looks like another set I can add to the wishlist. This is excellent!

2 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Potions are all stickers according to a unboxing-video of Swiftbricks:

Don’t know what I expected, but still disappointing

Love the glasses, letter, potions. Hedwig is fine, but I’ve already got the £20 version…

The wand looks like a strange stick. 

I just now realized that piece on the bottom was a scarf. I thought it was French fries covered in ketchup 😂

1 hour ago, Modal said:

I just now realized that piece on the bottom was a scarf. I thought it was French fries covered in ketchup 😂

LOL! French fires, please!.:iamded_lol:

It looks even better now. I love the potion bottle choices. Just last night I had convinced myself to wait awhile on this. Now, I’m not so sure. The scarf ends are definitely the weirdest bit of the build, but they had to add something for the Houses. Something to permanently represent each one would’ve been better though. 

14 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

According to Swiftbricks insta-post, the Felix Felicis is Glow in the Dark as shown in the photo.

That is pretty cool, although I've already had to resign Nearly Headless Nick to my wardrobe instead of the display frame in my bedroom. He gives off a surprisingly powerful glow for one little ghost. :laugh: 

AshnFlash teased something in his video about the golden figs. My guess would be a promo, maybe golden Draco? He said stay tuned later today so hopefully we will know by the end of the day 

(Timestamp is 6:12 if anyone is curious)

Some people predicted that the "Icons" set might be the Horcruxes. What nobody guessed was that the Horcruxes would be released one at a time in different sets! The diary in this one, Hufflepuff's Cup in a "Treasures of Gringotts" set in a few years, Ravenclaw's Diadem in a "Room of Hidden Things" set a few years after that, etc (I'm joking... I hope!)

The set is a nice idea, and I love that Hedwig, but I can't help but think they could have given Hedwig a better perch than several random school books. Harry's trunk, or a cauldron, would be more interesting. The vibe of you going off on your own adventure to Hogwarts is brilliant, but unless you're Hermione, you'll want to pack more than JUST books!

54 minutes ago, Surge said:

AshnFlash teased something in his video about the golden figs. My guess would be a promo, maybe golden Draco? He said stay tuned later today so hopefully we will know by the end of the day 

(Timestamp is 6:12 if anyone is curious)

The video is up now and its an extension to the minifigure stand, so you can put up all other six figures. 

On 8/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I was never fully drawn to the Diagon Alley set. Mainly because they didn't include Gringotts which I think is one of the most important and iconic buildings.

And I think Weasley Wizard Wheezes is just so detailed in the book and film that Lego would've never been able to include everything.