Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

Any other hold- outs out there, covering their eyes, fingers in their ears, wishing this set away and replaced by almost any other build? 🤞

There‘s no point in denying it, you‘re only going to end up even more disappointed. I would just accept it and instead look forward to whatever they’ll cook up next year :classic: No Gringotts and little chance for anything DH, that much has been made clear, but at least there‘s plenty of other cool stuff they could still cover 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There‘s no point in denying it, you‘re only going to end up even more disappointed. I would just accept it and instead look forward to whatever they’ll cook up next year :classic: No Gringotts and little chance for anything DH, that much has been made clear, but at least there‘s plenty of other cool stuff they could still cover 

I've already accepted it will be sort of "meh", and that I'll Bricklink any minifigures or special pieces I would want out of the set. Anything more than that will be a pleasant surprise. 

41 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Just out of curiosity how many objects do people think will be included in the D2C?

I'll go with 5 if an odd number, 6 if even. 

24 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'll go with 5 if an odd number, 6 if even. 

Agreed. I think each item comes with a minifig, so 5 or 6 would be my guess as well :classic: Anything below 5 doesn't really justify the term "collection" in my eyes :tongue:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. I think each item comes with a minifig, so 5 or 6 would be my guess as well :classic: Anything below 5 doesn't really justify the term "collection" in my eyes :tongue:

Yeah. I can't recall if the piece count leaked, but if it's NOT leaked, i'd expect it for the price point to be about 3000 pieces give or take. That'd leave about 400-600 pieces per object depending on the object. 

That Mould King set does look fab, but jeez. Outright theft. Now, if they made Gringotts…still not FairPlay because unlicensed, but tempting.

I must not steal other people’s designs

I must not steal other people’s designs

Repeat until your hand is bleeding…

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yeah. I can't recall if the piece count leaked, but if it's NOT leaked, i'd expect it for the price point to be about 3000 pieces give or take. That'd leave about 400-600 pieces per object depending on the object. 

The piece count indeed hasn‘t leaked yet, making speculation extra hard :snicker: Around 3000 is a fair assumption though, not expecting new moulds or large parts here 

1 minute ago, Modal said:

It’s probably just a Horcrux collection or something

That doesn’t fit the limited information we have though (especially the “you’d be surprised what they consider iconic” part) :tongue: And not all of the Horcruxes are directly related to Hogwarts, so the name wouldn’t make much sense either.

My guess would be a mix of personal belongings (Remembrall, snitch, Scrabbers cup :snicker:) and generic school supplies (quill, book, cauldron, wand, potion)

Some intresting guesses at the amount of objects. I'm gonna leave it there with teasers/hints and leave it as a suprise for reveal day.  As with every set some of you will find this one "golden" and others very dissapointing and just remember what's been said previously about being suprised about what an icon is :laugh_hard: A few of you will go "ohhhh" when you see it too :wink: Anyways we shouldn't be long off a reveal now so I look foward to hearing all your thoughts.

Edited by Brick Clicker

29 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Some intresting guesses at the amount of objects. I'm gonna leave it there with teasers/hints and leave it as a suprise for reveal day.  As with every set some of you will find this one "golden" and others very dissapointing and just remember what's been said previously about being suprised about what an icon is :laugh_hard: A few of you will go "ohhhh" when you see it too :wink: Anyways we shouldn't be long of a reveal now so I look foward to hearing all your thoughts.

Oh my - I hope it's not buildable wizarding coins made up of Galleon, Sickle, and Knut's! Galleon's are gold...

Bought Polyjuice Potion Mistake today and Fantastic Beasts book (with all beasts) that I ordered also arrived! I kind of regret that I bought this book, because now that I know what an amazing creatures exist in HP world I realize that we're not gonna be able to see even half of them! 

Also I got McGonagall and Snape on the cards

11 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

If it releases early September then probably mid August 

So early September is still believed to be the release window? :thumbup: If so, the minifigs may start to leak soon since by this point last year, two DA minifigs had already leaked IIRC.

Of course D2C sets are less reliable when it comes to minifig leaks (the Hogwarts founders for instance didn’t leak at all I think), but still hoping for something new to discuss soon :moar: 

12 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

As with every set some of you will find this one "golden" and others very dissapointing and just remember what's been said previously about being suprised about what an icon is :laugh_hard: A few of you will go "ohhhh" when you see it too :wink: Anyways we shouldn't be long off a reveal now so I look foward to hearing all your thoughts.

I have said for a long time that even if the sets this year was not what people expected or wanted they are not bad. I am sure the same apply to the D2C, it may not be a DA expansion set, but it will be a great looking set whatever it is :thumbup: The HP designers do a fantastic job and even if we did not get DH and DA sets this year we got something original that was well made (how often can the SW fans say the same :wacko:)

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So early September is still believed to be the release window? :thumbup: If so, the minifigs may start to leak soon since by this point last year, two DA minifigs had already leaked IIRC.

Of course D2C sets are less reliable when it comes to minifig leaks (the Hogwarts founders for instance didn’t leak at all I think), but still hoping for something new to discuss soon :moar: 

Maybe it is just me, but have we not had very few leaks in general lately and a D2C is a lot easier to keep a secret than a normal set. Maybe we will not see it before they reveal it this time (a leak 24 hours or less before do not count in my mind :devil:) :shrug_oh_well:

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe it is just me, but have we not had very few leaks in general lately and a D2C is a lot easier to keep a secret than a normal set. Maybe we will not see it before they reveal it this time (a leak 24 hours or less before do not count in my mind :devil:) :shrug_oh_well:

Good point. The UCS Gunship only leaked because someone breached the embargo. We did have some proper leaks recently, but only sporadically (some of the Marvel CMF figs, Newman’s head, and the Ideas GWP set). The Mario D2C set has also managed to stay secret for now, but that one’s rumoured not to include any minifigs anyway.

There’s a chance the only leak will be a grainy image of the box a couple of days before the reveal :shrug_oh_well: I don’t mind that too much, just sad we would then be robbed of a potentially interesting speculative discussion

Fulcrum teases something about HP! Wonder if it has to do something with the D2C reveal reveal

9 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Fulcrum teases something about HP! Wonder if it has to do something with the D2C reveal reveal

The object in his teaser isn't included :classic:

Or just more info 

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

The object in his teaser isn't included :classic:

What object?

Oh, wait, you mean wand?

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Or just more info 

What object?

Ah he's deleted it now but he posted a cauldron thought that's what you meant sorry

It's okay :wink: Anyway I somehow thought he posted wand and not cauldron lol

I wonder if he posted it only for a few minutes on purpose...

It is Harry's birthday today. It would be a good day for an announcement but probably still not yet. Sigh.

3 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

It is Harry's birthday today. It would be a good day for an announcement but probably still not yet. Sigh.

It probably would be.

I'm trying to make some custom death eaters based off jim kays artwork but struggling to find torsos that work. Anyone have any ideas. 

Screenshot_20210731-212030_Gallery.jpg