Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 7/15/2021 at 8:24 AM, chris6507 said:

Would be interesting if that happened. Because if im not mistaken there hasnt been any licenced CMF make it to the 3rd round. Id love it if they were the two though! How cool would a Darking Duck be? 

Random question... This is the first LEGO release that ive got basically every set (excluding Hogwarts Castle). I absolutely love the minifigs, and keep wanting more, but have moments where i feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of figures now. Especially of the trio. Does anyone else feel like this at times? And what do you do with your figures?

Mine are all in a box. I wanted to display them all around Hogwarts, but now there are so many it feels like too much work and i keep procrastinating! Lol.

First off, yes to Darkwing Duck! 

Second, completely. I have everything(including the polybags) except the big Castle as well. I don’t even really know why I bought the second polybag, it had nothing special in it...  I adore each & every minifigure but it is definitely overwhelming. I’d like to display them too, but they are just individually bagged in a box. Any duplicates stay with the set they came in. Getting all the new prints & characters makes up for all the trio inclusions. 

Edited by Vindicare

35 minutes ago, Legofania said:

So, I guess now everything was revealed and that leaves us only D2C, right?

Correct :classic: Still hoping for some leaks…

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

looks like they know gringotts is missing but they don’t have any plans to make it rn

I always thought Lego were taking the mick by making a big expensive Diagon Alley and then not include Gringotts.

I really don’t know what to think... back in june, 2 other youtubers also interviewed the designers about the 20th wave, and if i’m not mistaken the Gringotts/DA expansion question was also asked, and marcus basically answered with something along the lines of “will have to wait and see” (the same thing happened in his instagram Q&A). So i just find it weird that suddenly we are getting a citation from an interview that basically gives a concrete answer...

Hmm... I honestly have my doubts about this new bit of info. For starters this isn't an actual interview but a summary of an interview, without the actual interview to listen to/watch there's no way of knowing if the answer to his question isn't just poorly paraphrased. It's also rather odd for the designers to suddenly give a definitive "no" when they never really have anything concrete to say regarding future products, regardless of which designers are interviewed and what theme the interview is about.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

looks like they know gringotts is missing but they don’t have any plans to make it rn

Thanks for sharing the video, I thought it was very interesting watch especially about Quirrell’s classroom originally being in the Forbidden Corridor set. That explains the sticker with all the hanging parchment in that random place. All it needed was a big cauldron and that iguana that Quirrell was holding and it would of been spot on representation. Now I have a good excuse to buy the Jungle Explorer minifigure. I might make those mods myself for my castle. 

As for Gringott’s, it’s incredibly disappointing that they have no plans. I love the Diagon Alley set but it sure looks kinda empty without its centerpiece. 

Edited by RODDY

Based on how Lego operates designers never say a certain product is coming soon so I think this could just be a generic response about Gringotts. The designer isn't going to go yeah it's coming or it could be in the works a year in advance so I wouldn't take it too seriously for now. 

Anyways this year we've been treated with Hogwarts Icons Collection instead :cry_happy:

54 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

#completethestreet :laugh:

Lego likes to leave you wanting more 

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Monopoly - LEGO Harry Potter edition? :tongue:

That, like Lego Gringotts, is something that shockingly does not exist. So either way the # stands. :tongue:

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hmm... I honestly have my doubts about this new bit of info. For starters this isn't an actual interview but a summary of an interview, without the actual interview to listen to/watch there's no way of knowing if the answer to his question isn't just poorly paraphrased. It's also rather odd for the designers to suddenly give a definitive "no" when they never really have anything concrete to say regarding future products, regardless of which designers are interviewed and what theme the interview is about.

Yeah I'm sure he actually said something vague like always about Gringotts. But a few tidbits in there that were interesting and explain why Golden Quirrell was in the set he was in and that Harry was originally by himself which I think would have been a better choice. I see loads of that set sitting on the shelves at my local kmart, I think the cost of two figures together is too expensive. 

Gringotts will come eventually but who knows where the Harry potter theme is going after this year. Do they continue 2021 style, do they do a bit of both styles. I'm really not sure. I do think the new style gives them more options to create scenes from the movies but its a shame they come in generic boxy castle design sets. I feel like the moments sets were another way of doing scenes but i'm not sure they work either as they get stuffed into a book shape and you get the mostly useless book cover piece. Hopefully we get series three mini figure packs next year as they are always great and some deathly Hallows sets would be welcomed. And if they do moments sets again this year I'd be happy with the four common rooms in book form.

I do feel that this years sets really have dampened the buzz of Lego Harry Potter for me. Its no longer a buy every set theme anymore which was inevitable but still sad. Heres hoping for a much better 2022 wave. 

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

And if they do moments sets again this year I'd be happy with the four common rooms in book form. 

I personally think a Moments version of Lockharts DatDA class would be more likely as LEGO will surely want to use the new Pixie mold as much as they can. It's also very easy to include a new teacher variant in such a set as Lockhart can almost fill up a CMF series all by himself :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

I do feel that this years sets really have dampened the buzz of Lego Harry Potter for me. Its no longer a buy every set theme anymore which was inevitable but still sad. Heres hoping for a much better 2022 wave. 

I'm in the same boat. The non-minifigure scale sets don't really do anything for me and I still very much dislike the new Hogwarts system so have no intention of starting from scratch again after already having spend a lot of money on the suddenly abandoned and much superior 2018-2020 style (even as partspacks the new castle sets aren't particularly good or useful imo). I'm still very excited for all the non-Hogwarts and potential Fantastic Beasts sets but as far as Hogwarts is concerned I'll just stick to buying the things I want, like figures/creatures and prints/stickers, off BL.

Ain’t looking good for a Gringotts set anytime soon, but at least we know not to expect anything in that regard next year :shrug_oh_well: I’d rather any hope get shot down this early instead of unwarranted hype building up again. 

Still looking forward to whatever they have up their sleeves for 2022, but no Gringotts and little chance for DH sets does dampen the excitement :sadnew:

6 hours ago, Micmac said:

I feel the same way, even though I think the moments sets are quite ok and the Hogsmead set is on a par with the 2018-20 sets. The Harry and Hermione buildable figures seem quite nice, but too expensive. So I won't buy a lot of HP Lego this year as the new castle sets don't really interest me.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ain’t looking good for a Gringotts set anytime soon, but at least we know not to expect anything in that regard next year :shrug_oh_well: I’d rather any hope get shot down this early instead of unwarranted hype building up again. 

Still looking forward to whatever they have up their sleeves for 2022, but no Gringotts and little chance for DH sets does dampen the excitement :sadnew:

Exactly. Crossing fingers for a second task. :sceptic:

Also, I got the Let's Play Quidditch book today for the Cedric minifigure. Apologies if anybody already has it so knows this, but it's not actually officially released in the UK yet but I got it from a book company through ebay. Anyway, it's clearly meant as a kids' activity book, but it has pictures of the entire quidditch teams for each house, presumably from Harry's first year as Malfoy is not yet the Seeker, and they look so cool. I'm trying to work out if the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff line ups are accurate, but from what I can find we never discover the entire lineups for these houses. And it would be expensive but even though I am normally a complete purist I'm so tempted to create some quidditch teams. I hope we get the Ravenclaw torso used in an upcoming set or book etc and get a soft blue or navy cape and a less expensive way to get the pieces.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Per the designer interview recap on Brickfanatics:

“[The designers] mentioned a few times in the interview that if fans want to see something specific, they should go to LEGO’s feedback website,” Bricks By Mind said. “So if you do want to see a Gringotts set, I recommend you do that… It sounds like the designers are open to making a Gringotts set, so if the fans want it too, [the LEGO Group] will actually make one.”

This attitude comes across as rather naive. Gringott's has been on collector's minds ever since the new Diagon Alley was released (and even before that). The fact that fans have been asking about it since the release clearly points to interest in the set. How the designers seemingly don't see this is baffling. I wish they'd read forums like this one (maybe they do?) - the desire seems clear on here. I also wonder if there is something holding them back that we don't know about?

Some designers seem to be pretty ignorant towards fans on social media because no matter where you read the comments, everywhere fans were speculating and wishing that Gringotts should come as next big set after Diagon Alley. They dont really need to get feedback messages on LEGO website, all they need is to actually care and sometimes look what Lego community talks about. Yes I know Lego hardcore fans like us are maybe like 1% of their total customers but I am sure even average customers would buy Gringotts like crazy...

Edited by Textorix

3 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Per the designer interview recap on Brickfanatics:

“[The designers] mentioned a few times in the interview that if fans want to see something specific, they should go to LEGO’s feedback website,” Bricks By Mind said. “So if you do want to see a Gringotts set, I recommend you do that… It sounds like the designers are open to making a Gringotts set, so if the fans want it too, [the LEGO Group] will actually make one.”

This attitude comes across as rather naive. Gringott's has been on collector's minds ever since the new Diagon Alley was released (and even before that). The fact that fans have been asking about it since the release clearly points to interest in the set. How the designers seemingly don't see this is baffling. I wish they'd read forums like this one (maybe they do?) - the desire seems clear on here. I also wonder if there is something holding them back that we don't know about?

I would argue that Gringott's is one of THE most iconic locations in all of HP. It's in multiple books and movies. At least twice, it's a main location for the plot progression. It also fits EXACTLY what LEGO wants in a set. More Iconic, in a way, than most of the Diagon Alley shops. 

7 hours ago, Greshi210 said:

I feel the same way, even though I think the moments sets are quite ok and the Hogsmead set is on a par with the 2018-20 sets. The Harry and Hermione buildable figures seem quite nice, but too expensive. So I won't buy a lot of HP Lego this year as the new castle sets don't really interest me.

I also feel the same way. I don't' want to spend $250 on some kind of "objects" from HP. The last HP sets I bought were the Moments sets and I'm waiting until all these go on sale. Here in the US, I have not seen any of the 2021 wave go temporarily out of stock. Diagon Alley, however, usually is. You'd think LEGO would realize this. 

Gutted that Gringotts is allegedly not in the works right now, but it's true that that may be a standard "we can't confirm nor deny" response regarding the development of a set. Then again, them saying that there are no plans to make Gringotts for now is a more definitive response than "wait and see". It's good to hope that maybe, just maybe it is indeed a way of avoiding confirming the coming of Gringotts, but this is giving me Mother 3 "maybe this year Nintendo will do something!" :wall:

20 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Anyways this year we've been treated with Hogwarts Icons Collection instead

Still no info when it could be coming?

I wonder when we'll get more info on it

Edited by Legofania