Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

hello guys sorry if someone already discussed this but could you suggest a way to combine the new sets with the previous wave in order to look good like a whole castle. If so it would be great if you can share pics. I dont mind the differences in the colours of the roofs just to get some general ideas

2 hours ago, Juve said:

hello guys sorry if someone already discussed this but could you suggest a way to combine the new sets with the previous wave in order to look good like a whole castle. If so it would be great if you can share pics. I dont mind the differences in the colours of the roofs just to get some general ideas

Check out youtuber - Potterminifigspals. She did a great video on combining the old and new ones. 

3 hours ago, Juve said:

This Post on the forum here had some ideas 

Edited by Ferder

5 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Check out youtuber - Potterminifigspals. She did a great video on combining the old and new ones. 

5 hours ago, Ferder said:

This Post on the forum here had some ideas 

Thanks a lot :D I was thinking of putting the CoS under the great hall and maybe modifying a bit so many opportunities haha

Is it just Australia that hasn't released the 40500 Accessory Pack yet or is this problem plaguing other areas of the globe? Nearly 2 months after the release date and they still have no clue when it's going to show up. Hope this isn't like the LEGO Sparkle Babies set from LEGO movie 2 that my wife really wanted. It said coming soon for a year and then never ever showed up!

56 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Is it just Australia that hasn't released the 40500 Accessory Pack yet or is this problem plaguing other areas of the globe? Nearly 2 months after the release date and they still have no clue when it's going to show up. Hope this isn't like the LEGO Sparkle Babies set from LEGO movie 2 that my wife really wanted. It said coming soon for a year and then never ever showed up!

Someone on facebook said he got some from lego discovery shop in Queensland but they never listed them online on their site. So I feel the lego shops may be getting small batches in but they may not appear online. I've checked my local lego shop a few times but no luck.

My in-laws are in Queensland at the moment and went to the LEGO Store in Robina and they knew nothing about it other than it said coming soon and they have no idea when. Don't understand why there is always so much difficulty with these small sets unlike all the others.

I was at the Chadstone LLDC in Melbourne and they had none in stock and no idea when they would come. I am very happy that I went that day as there was only one of the Hagrid and the Golden trio brickheadz, and two of the death eaters brickheadz. Not to mention we would soon be going into lockdown in Melbourne, so I’m very thankful that I was able to pick them up. I am also worried about getting the poly bag. I found the first at the LLDC, but I haven’t been able to get last years. With the looming idea of being able to see the CFC from inside the bag, I really hope they show up.

13 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I live in the United States, and the Accessory Pack is on Lego.com.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:18 AM, Juve said:

Hi man, here you have some most recent variants of my models. I added Hagrids hut, Qudditch and Forbidden forest stuff. I hope one day I will be able to show you real version of this but it will take some time as I have just collected all 2018-2020 sets.

hCv6nfm.jpg

c2TK6Pj.jpg

KcBBANt.jpg

vFGP2DH.jpg

Edited by Textorix

Nice job, Textorix. I rather like the CoS Great Hall back there. When it's not on top of the base, it doesn't really look that much like the Great Hall.

What did you use to render them?

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Nice job, Textorix. I rather like the CoS Great Hall back there. When it's not on top of the base, it doesn't really look that much like the Great Hall.

What did you use to render them?

Thx, yeah I tried to make it as movie accurate as possible so I decided to use 2021 Great Hall as Long Gallery because it is kinda similar. I also tried variant where I let 2021 Great Hall on top of the Chamber but it just didnt look too good because it was close to 2018 Great Hall which I wanted to stay dominant. Placing 2021 Great Hall on Chamber would make it taller than 2018 one and overshadow it so that is why I went this way. To render them I just use function in studio which creates render of your model.

Also if some of you are fans of sand green or simply you dont want to change anything on these sets, here is sand green variant of my model:

2pKNuZj.jpg

Edited by Textorix

@Textorix , thanks. They look great.

As a design choice (if one doesn't consider the source material) the sand green isn't so bad because it provides a good contrast to the rock base (we really should have more of). That said, it was still a disappointment after they'd gone grey in 2018...

I was disappointed at first too but once I started making this model I found myself liking these new Hogwarts sets. I would love if they make Bell Towers set because that is only major part of the castle which is missing. Some people argued that it has almost no screen time in the movies (mostly seen in CoS and POA) and therefore it is not recognizable for fans but I would say the same about Astronomy Tower which was present in HBP and majority of scenes were interior and not exterior shots. 

Edited by Textorix

9 hours ago, Textorix said:

Hi man, here you have some most recent variants of my models. I added Hagrids hut, Qudditch and Forbidden forest stuff. I hope one day I will be able to show you real version of this but it will take some time as I have just collected all 2018-2020 sets.

Wow, this looks absolutely incredible! Amazing job :wub:

Just thought I’d share what I did with the new sets.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’m not sure I see a future where LEGO actually give us the bell towers, so I decided to combine the new sets and make my own.

98% of the pieces came from:

• Chamber of secrets
  • Fluffy’s encounter
  • Polyjuice whatever it’s called
  • Flying lesson

I also swapped a couple of the side windows of the clocktower to gain a couple of arched windows.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

I’m ordering a handful of parts to replace some of the sandy coloured (tan?) and light grey bricks I used and swap the green roof parts to grey, won’t be until September though as I’m waiting for other sets to order so I can save on postage.

As you can see, it’s still got all of the cool parts of the sets’ play features - bathroom slide, basilisk statue entry - plus I finally got somewhere for Trelawney to hang out and a better place for the mirror of Erised (Fawkes really needed space to stretch his wings). The only part I couldn’t work out how to keep was the flushing mechanism in the toilet, so now it’s more of a chamber pot in a stall.

It seems to look quite nice next to the existing Hogwarts sections, at least it will once I get the replacement bits, and as long as you ignore that you can now just walk through a door to get to the chamber of secrets (maybe they should’ve checked that door in the movie) and that it’s a few bricks taller than the grand staircase tower (which I don’t have the shelf height to add an additional level), I think it’s pretty good.

I’ll post updated pictures once I’ve finished it.

WOW. Ravenclawed, your bell towers look AMAZING! (I am even more excited that you used the new sets only!) I can't wait to attempt these myself now!

2 hours ago, joeee said:

WOW. Ravenclawed, your bell towers look AMAZING! (I am even more excited that you used the new sets only!) I can't wait to attempt these myself now!

I had a few bricks to add and used a couple of pieces from the room of requirement, but I reckon if I’d tried some different things I could’ve just used the new sets. I have a bunch of leftover bits too

@Ravenclawed wow, that's a fantastic building. I find that your Bell Towers match really well with the rest of Hogwarts.

Changing topic, two days ago I finally managed to put my hands on the Founders minifigures. I'm so satisfied.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Changing topic, two days ago I finally managed to put my hands on the Founders minifigures. I'm so satisfied.

I'm glad you finally got them. They are great figures, although I have to admit I don't like Hufflepuff's alternate face print. It looks evil to me!

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm glad you finally got them. They are great figures, although I have to admit I don't like Hufflepuff's alternate face print. It looks evil to me!

That's the secret to Hufflepuff's. :laugh: Some sources say they had no dark wizards...so obviously they are the BEST dark wizards. 

34 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

That's the secret to Hufflepuff's. :laugh: Some sources say they had no dark wizards...so obviously they are the BEST dark wizards. 

Haha. :laugh:  She needs to work on the poker face though. :head_back:

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Haha. :laugh:  She needs to work on the poker face though. :head_back:

She's probably annoyed and jealous that Salazar is outdoing her by creating the Chamber of Secrets. "I should have though of that...". Probably why they are called Hufflepuff. Seems so innocent and cuddly like a teddy bear. Perfect psyops to hide in the shadows

Cedric didn't follow her philosophy by hiding in the shadows...:cry_sad:

23 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

She's probably annoyed and jealous that Salazar is outdoing her by creating the Chamber of Secrets. "I should have though of that...". Probably why they are called Hufflepuff. Seems so innocent and cuddly like a teddy bear. Perfect psyops to hide in the shadows

Cedric didn't follow her philosophy by hiding in the shadows...:cry_sad:

You should write fan fiction. :wink: