Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I have not seen anyone mention it before so sorry if it was obvious to others but I was just looking at high res pics of the 2021 advent calendar and realised only now that it comes with one of the new wand boxes!

I thought for ages that it was just a normal brick with a 1x3 jumper plate on top to be a bench for Griphook to stand on behind his desk 😅

The AC has just gone up in value in my mind lol, I’m so pleased they included that to make up for families unable to afford the DA set.

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I have not seen anyone mention it before so sorry if it was obvious to others but I was just looking at high res pics of the 2021 advent calendar and realised only now that it comes with one of the new wand boxes!

I thought for ages that it was just a normal brick with a 1x3 jumper plate on top to be a bench for Griphook to stand on behind his desk 😅

The AC has just gone up in value in my mind lol, I’m so pleased they included that to make up for families unable to afford the DA set.

Ooh nice. I don't have any of the wand boxes which I think was a nice new piece.

Maybe I judged the AC too hastily because basically nothing in the set is Christmas related.

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Ooh nice. I don't have any of the wand boxes which I think was a nice new piece.

Maybe I judged the AC too hastily because basically nothing in the set is Christmas related.

Apart from the Christmas tree and the wreath? :classic:

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

No not obvious. I thought it was a brick too at a quick glance. :laugh: Well spotted! :classic:

I got Wizarding World Minifigure Accesory Pack (40500) today! 

I am pleased with two generic minifigures (unnamed wizard and witch) and Mr. Borgin, and of course, Harry Potter. It’s just odd to see a Dumbedlore's Army list while Harry Potter’s variant is from Chamber of Secrets movie but that doesn’t bother me much. I am just glad with DA list tile. I can’t wait to add generic wizard and witch to Diagon Alley along with Mr. Borgin.’s table (even tho no Mr. Borgin’s store yet). 

I hope Diagon Alley will be expanded eventually but i will keep my expection low. 

I am not sure if it’s way too early for me to ask a question. So please forgive me if it’s indeed early to ask. 

Would it be likely to see another series for Harry Potter CMF? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not sure if it’s way too early for me to ask a question. So please forgive me if it’s indeed early to ask. 

Would it be likely to see another series for Harry Potter CMF? 

You're thinking like me lol. Technically we got series 1 in 2018, series 2 in 2020 so series 3 would be 2022 in theory. But until we get any relatively solid info on what next year's licensed CMFs are looking likely to be I'm not counting on it. As for likely, well I think the series so far have sold well and there are certainly plenty of figures Lego could choose from both in terms of new characters and variants so I don't see why not. I sure hope they do. :classic:

Not sure what the alternatives are for the two licensed series next year. Last year’s DC one apparently didn’t do too well, so probably no follow-up there, and Marvel will likely take a break. So unless there’s a new franchise being covered, my money’s on Disney S3 and HP S3 :laugh:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what the alternatives are for the two licensed series next year. Last year’s DC one apparently didn’t do too well, so probably no follow-up there, and Marvel will likely take a break. So unless there’s a new franchise being covered, my money’s on Disney S3 and HP S3 :laugh:

Would be interesting if that happened. Because if im not mistaken there hasnt been any licenced CMF make it to the 3rd round. Id love it if they were the two though! How cool would a Darking Duck be? 

Random question... This is the first LEGO release that ive got basically every set (excluding Hogwarts Castle). I absolutely love the minifigs, and keep wanting more, but have moments where i feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of figures now. Especially of the trio. Does anyone else feel like this at times? And what do you do with your figures?

Mine are all in a box. I wanted to display them all around Hogwarts, but now there are so many it feels like too much work and i keep procrastinating! Lol.

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I absolutely love the minifigs, and keep wanting more, but have moments where i feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of figures now. Especially of the trio. Does anyone else feel like this at times? And what do you do with your figures?

Mine are all in a box. I wanted to display them all around Hogwarts, but now there are so many it feels like too much work and i keep procrastinating! Lol.

Absolutely. In fact I got like this with my Lego in general so I've downsized my collection. But for my HP figures I use a minifigure display frame from DigsForFigs and display my figures three deep and stepped up at the back. This allows me to get in 300+ figures into one frame of around 56cm squared wall space. Two deep would be better for seeing all the figures, but I like the three deep stepped as they kind of all look like they're standing for the school photograph lol. I display them in film and place within film order going up the frame. I see from your location that this exact frame won't be an option for you, but I'm sure there might be similar in Aus. In the future if the theme goes on for far longer than expected I would either a) get a second frame or I might go with the putting them in a box in grip seal bags idea. I feel like if I'm going to have them I want them displayed, but like you say there is now so many that I have to have them neat somewhere not spread out all over the place. If I had all the sets and loads of cabinets to display them all dust free, then I would put the figures with the sets, but for a purely figure collection I like seeing them altogether in a frame.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

You're thinking like me lol. Technically we got series 1 in 2018, series 2 in 2020 so series 3 would be 2022 in theory. But until we get any relatively solid info on what next year's licensed CMFs are looking likely to be I'm not counting on it. As for likely, well I think the series so far have sold well and there are certainly plenty of figures Lego could choose from both in terms of new characters and variants so I don't see why not. I sure hope they do. :classic:

Now that’s funny - that’s the exact thought I have! I gotta say - I agree with you. I know there are some more figures/variants we haven’t gotten yet Like Yaxley, Death Eater figure, ghosts, Sinatra (she is hard to get because of a large set), Viktor Krum, Fleur & Bill in wedding attires from Deathly Hallows, etc, etc. Yup, it may be likely to see another series but we will find out about next year. 

Like @BrickBob Studpants said, my money is on Disney Series 3 and Harry Potter Series 3. :classic:

We are all hoping for a series 3! There were a few names many of us were certain to get last year, Rita Skeeter, Pomfrey, Tonks with purple hair etc

Kreacher would be a natural successor to Dobby and Griphook etc

The fans want it and the designers love the theme too so we have to wait and see, it looks like series 2 sold well  in my area so it’s looking hopeful!

Edited by Bugbot20082

The only obvious issue with S3 is the reduced amount of minifigs. 12 is nowhere near enough to provide us with all of the missing characters/versions that are unlikely to appear in sets (like anything based on DH, sadly enough).

They could make an exception again for FB3 and beef up the roster, but I‘m definitely not counting on that :tongue:

Trying to think of an ideal 12 character CMF 3 now that it's been brought up again, and I'd personally be overjoyed with a list like this. It fills nearly every missing spot imo

1. Harry variant- Wedding with Snitch and Resurrection Stone piece

2. Ron variant- Wedding with Deluminator 

3. Hermione variant- Wedding with Tales of Beedle the Bard

4. Hogwarts Student 1- Wedding Luna with Quibbler

5. Hogwarts Student 2- Neville in Deathly Hallows clothes with Sword of Gryffindor

6. Hogwarts Employee 1- Madame Pomfrey with bottle of Skele-gro

7. Hogwarts Employee 2- McGonagall in Deathly Hallows robes with cat Animagus 

8. Ministry Employee- Scrimgeour with Dumbledore's will

9. Villain- Narcissa Malfoy with ?? (I want Lucius's staff but I want the Narcissa figure...)

10. Creature- Kreacher with locket

11. Misc character 1- Rita Skeeter with The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore

12. Misc character 2- Xenophilius Lovegood with teapot? A Deathly Hallows necklace piece would be incredible but very unrealistic

Providing the release date doesn't get bumped back again then FB3 releasing next year would mean that 2022 would be the perfect year for a series 3. If they stick to the 12 figure format though, once you factor in the probable Newt, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, Grindelwald and Credence variants then that would only leave half for HP figures and then you have to have a Harry, Ron and Hermione. If that was the case, then there would only be three spots left which I hope we would be filled with characters we are unlikely to get in actual sets such as Pomfrey, Xenophilius and Skeeter. 

If they feel set on including FB characters, and need to include the trio, I sincerely hope they're willing to break out of the current "12-figure" box they've put themselves in. The first Wizarding World series was 16+6 after all, very clearly a standard (at the time) 16 figures for Harry Potter and 6 FB ones tacked on. Maybe they could do 12+6 this time, though there are more than just 6 FB characters who it might be nice to get also depending on if LEGO does FB sets.

Do we have any idea on whether there will be a winter wave. Last year we had the 4 moments sets as well as an art set (if that even counts). Will we get more books, a small selection of normal sets or nothing at all. The book were very last minute and unexpected, so it does make sense that we don’t know about a winter wave yet. There was also a recent interview with Marcos Bessa where he noted that they are still some “Major players” that are missing from the golden figs and that we can take from that what we will. Assuming that the 2022 summer wave won’t be anniversary, it would make sense that they could be in the winter. Then again, there is a good change that there will be not be a wave, so I should get a head of myself. It seems that this wave suggests that the designers are transitioning the theme to be longer running by starting new groups of sets ( Maxifigs, hogsmead/ at least hogs head and shrieking shack/, buildable objects, moments, finishing the forbidden corridor). So one step of that might be having a small wave in January. I would like to hear other’s thoughts. Or a leaker that can just say that there is no winter wave.

2 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Do we have any idea on whether there will be a winter wave.

Nope. We‘re still waiting for proper set lists for any theme since the ones we currently have are either bogus (Star Wars) or pretty suspicious (City, Ninjago, Marvel). Can‘t take that much longer though for the real ones to surface, or so I hope :grin:

20 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

Trying to think of an ideal 12 character CMF 3 now that it's been brought up again, and I'd personally be overjoyed with a list like this. It fills nearly every missing spot imo

I like all of these ideas, but I don't know what else to include with Narcissa Malfoy either.

There's a few characters I really think Lego should include either in a cmf series or sets.

- Igor Karkaroff

- Rita Skeeter

- Aberforth Dumbledore

- Narcissa Malfoy

- Katie Bell

- Cormac McClaggen

- Blaise Zabini

And a set idea I have in mind is a Bill and Fleur's wedding set. With the gazebo/tent that could connect to the Burrow set but also work on its own. Obviously it'd include Bill and Fleur. And then probably Harry, maybe Xenophilius Lovegood and Elphias Doge.

For the lack of anything useful to do, I thought I’d share my speculations over a possible cmf 3. 

It would be interesting to see, now that the number of minifigures is reduced to 12, if Lego is willing to sacrifice the spots of Luna, Neville, who appeared in both of the previous series, to new characters. My speculative and rather hopeful list would include either wedding or MoM DH-variants of the trio. The wedding-variants having more potential accessory-wise. Luna’s spot could be given to her father, who would be a colourful choice. I think Kreacher would be quite likely based on the inclusions of Dobby and Griphook in addition to the need for a new mold. Then I’d see either Lee Jordan or Zabini getting a spot as a Hogwarts student providing needed ethnic diversity to the roster, Lee being probably the more likely inclusion. Both Lucius and Narcissa Maldoy could make an appearance as did Harry’s parents in the last series. Lucius could get his cane and death eater robes, while Narcissa could get a new hair piece. The Hogwarts employee would have to be Pomfrey, as she remains the most notable omission from the staff. She would also need a new mold for the head garment. Rita Skeeter would also be a logical inclusion because she is a colourful character who would not necessarily fit into any set. The last two spots are rather difficult to choose due to an abundance of options. Werewolf Lupin would be ideal, however, I reckon we will be getting a Shrieking Shack set (iconic location/scene + they made Hogsmead etc…) and as cat-Hermione proved, we can get new scene-specific molds for characters. Karkaroff will also probably appear eventually in a Durmstrang ship set. Therefore, I would opt for OotP Tonks and Sirius. Then we would have every (at least most) character from the MoM battle from OotP without a set. MoM atrium could come as a DH set instead with Yaxley who would be maybe a bit too obscure for the cmf. Sirius could have a new dog mold and Tonks some fun hair colours. 

As a summary:

1. Harry (DH wedding, snitch&resurrection stone)

2. Hermione (DH wedding, tales of beedle the bard)

3. Ron (DH wedding, deluminator)

4. Sirius (OotP, Padfoot-new mold)

5. Tonks (OotP, various hairdos)

6. Lee Jordan (the microphone thingy)

7. Pomfrey (Skelegrow bottle-new mold)

8. Xenophilius Lovegood (tea-pot or a deathly hallows tile or something…?)

9. Lucius Malfoy (OotP death eater robes, snake cane-new mold)

10. Narcissa Malfoy (new hair mold, not sure about the accessory)

11. Kreacher (the locket+new head mold)

12. Rita Skeeter (her quill + a beetle perhaps)

There, sorry for the long post. It has been a bit quiet here recently so I thought you wouldn’t mind too much. :D

edit: Now that I think about it, we probably wouldn’t get a cmf without all Ginny, Luna, and Neville. However, I sure hope we would.

Edited by thenudeorganist

If there was a third CMF, I really hope that they include characters that would be hard to fit in a normal set. Aunt Marge is one that comes to the mind as I think it’ll be while to get another Privet drive. 

22 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

If there was a third CMF, I really hope that they include characters that would be hard to fit in a normal set. Aunt Marge is one that comes to the mind as I think it’ll be while to get another Privet drive. 

Marge would certainly be a fun inclusion. I could see them sneak her inflated version into a Knight Bus or Leaky Cauldron set as well.

18 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Ooo, Aunt Marge minfig would be very neat!