Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

What head/body has anyone used with the CMF Centaur body? I bought an extra one many moons ago to add to my HP group. Maybe the same one but different hair color?

I'm using a bare chest torso, Ulysses Klaue face, and Cole's hair from Ninjago. Not trying to match any character in particular, but looks rough and rugged for me.

13 hours ago, Modal said:

Sounds more like a typical Ninjago set than a modular. You got me excited for something to add on to Ninjago City lol

Same. :P

So the following is all we currently know about the D2C set, right?

• Price point of 250$
  • “Hogwarts Icon collection”
  • Release not in September as initially thought, but later
  • Multiple items that aren’t necessarily thematically linked
  • At least one golden minifig
  • Likely exclusive minifig(s) on top of that, given that minifig fans will apparently like the selection (unless that statement just refers to the golden minifig)

Anything I’m missing? :classic: 

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Release not in September as initially thought, but later

To get back to that, it's a might. This year in particular releasedates have been quite confusing so it might be September but it could also be a bit later. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

To get back to that, it's a might. This year in particular releasedates have been quite confusing so it might be September but it could also be a bit later. 

Thanks for clarifying :thumbup:

I’m still curious about the amount of items included in the set (which would make speculation a lot easier :tongue:). My guess would be between 5 and 7, at various sizes, and one minifig each (plus the golden one of course). Is that even realistic? 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:33 PM, Modal said:

Sounds more like a typical Ninjago set than a modular.

Agreed, but it's named as Ninjago Modular. I really hope it's addition to Ninjago City

A question for the Netherlanders on here: bol.com is a serious e-tailer, right? I'm here visiting for a couple of weeks and saw they had the Moments sets a lot cheaper than back in Sweden. 

20 minutes ago, FrkW said:

A question for the Netherlanders on here: bol.com is a serious e-tailer, right? I'm here visiting for a couple of weeks and saw they had the Moments sets a lot cheaper than back in Sweden. 

They're pretty much the biggest and most reliable retailer in the country.

32 minutes ago, FrkW said:

Yes. They are very, very good. It's like the Dutch variant of Amazon.

On 7/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, FrkW said:

Thank you! Might have to get another suitcase... 

I wasn't sure if you meant an actual suitcase or the Lego Newt Scamander's suitcase set at first. 😆

Speaking of which, I am curious to see if we get anymore Fantastic Beasts sets in the near future. I have the Thestral Carriage set, and the dimensions MACUSA set and they both have fab builds, and I wish I got the suitcase back when it was available.

I'm hoping we do and we can get other creatures like the Mooncalfs or the Zouwu.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

25 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Speaking of which, I am curious to see if we get anymore Fantastic Beasts sets in the near future. I have the Thestral Carriage set, and the dimensions MACUSA set and they both have fab builds, and I wish I got the suitcase back when it was available.

I'm hoping we do and we can get other creatures like the Mooncalfs or the Zouwu.

I sure hope so. We obviously don't know what to expect from FB3 but if they go back to Crimes of Grindelwald I'd love to see Newt's Basement (with a Kelpie, baby Nifflers, Leucrotta, Mooncalves, etc), the French Ministry of Magic with it's Matagots, the Zouwu and of course the Lestrange Mausoleum with potentially a build for the Protego Diabolica dragons.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I sure hope so. We obviously don't know what to expect from FB3 but if they go back to Crimes of Grindelwald I'd love to see Newt's Basement (with a Kelpie, baby Nifflers, Leucrotta, Mooncalves, etc), the French Ministry of Magic with it's Matagots, the Zouwu and of course the Lestrange Mausoleum with potentially a build for the Protego Diabolica dragons.

Yeah, I think either the French circus or ministry or Newt's basement would make for a great set.

I thought it was weird that the 2nd film set up the baby nifflers with Newt taking them with him then they don't appear again. I think if Lego were to do the baby nifflers they'd have to just recolour the existing piece as idk how they could make them smaller.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think if Lego were to do the baby nifflers they'd have to just recolour the existing piece as idk how they could make them smaller.

I've thought about that as well but a few recolors of the current Niffler piece would work perfectly fine for me.

I bought all the Fantastic Beasts sets hoping they’d expand on them .. sadly wasn't  to be ( at the moment ) but the Zouwu would have been an amazing set .. there’s a Ninjago set 71746 Jungle Dragon which gave me Zouwu vibes 🙂

All I‘m requesting in terms of FB3 is a minifig based on Mikkelsen‘s Grindelwald. He‘s one of my favourite actors and long overdue to get a minifig, given how many big film franchises he‘s now a part of. Between FB3 and Indy 5, it just has to work out this time :laugh: Of course I thought the same thing in 2016 with Rogue One and Doctor Strange, but still :tongue:

The exclusive moulded brown wand box from Diagon Alley is available now to purchase extras of from Bricks & Pieces 

42 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The exclusive moulded brown wand box from Diagon Alley is available now to purchase extras of from Bricks & Pieces 

It's been available for quite a while :wink:

Hi guys to all Harry Potter fans,

Do check out our latest speed build review video at our channel about recent harry potter sets…. Thanks you…. 
Hope you all like our videos & don’t forget to subscribe our channel for more…😊

Hi Guys! I just got a couple of the 2021 sets yesterday and I am loving them, but in Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter, does anyone know what the tower part is with the pot and the table with the candle?

Edited by hplego

1 hour ago, hplego said:

Hi Guys! I just got a couple of the 2021 sets yesterday and I am loving them, but in Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter, does anyone know what the tower part is with the pot and the table with the candle?

Some people consider it the potion riddle defending the Philosopher's Stone (from the book). Others see it as a simple small potion room. I think it's the latter, the pot feels out of place otherwise. It could still be a reference though.

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

Some people consider it the potion riddle defending the Philosopher's Stone (from the book). Others see it as a simple small potion room. I think it's the latter, the pot feels out of place otherwise. It could still be a reference though.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, hplego said:

According to Marcos Bessa (lead designer for the wave) it wasn't really based on anything so it can be whatever we want it to be :wink:

does anyone know the easiest / best way to keep kingsley’s cape piece down, without using other pieces since i do enjoy using it for other characters 

19 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

does anyone know the easiest / best way to keep kingsley’s cape piece down, without using other pieces since i do enjoy using it for other characters 

I'd try rolling the whole thing, keep it there for a few minutes. Unravel it and it should stick out less because it's been, for a lack of better term: morphed.

I've also done this technique with hanging movie posters that have been kept rolled up for so long: rolling it the other way balances it out so it lays flat.