Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 7/3/2021 at 5:25 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

We know the D2C set is not a building and I doubt any source would already know about D2C sets released in 2022.

Well, if they know about Ninjago Modular than why wouldn't they know about modular for another theme? (Ninjago modular is definitely true, because for it we have both price and quantity pieces). Oh, and by the way, this list is from some guy who saw list of sets from Lego Store. 

6 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well, if they know about Ninjago Modular than why wouldn't they know about modular for another theme?

There was a misunderstanding though, there is no HP modular, it’s just this year’s D2C set :wink: LWC have edited their post shortly thereafter and removed that bit of information

14 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well, if they know about Ninjago Modular than why wouldn't they know about modular for another theme? (Ninjago modular is definitely true, because for it we have both price and quantity pieces). Oh, and by the way, this list is from some guy who saw list of sets from Lego Store. 

There's another Ninjago modular coming? :o

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There was a misunderstanding though, there is no HP modular, it’s just this year’s D2C set :wink: LWC have edited their post shortly thereafter and removed that bit of information

Well, D2C is great too

5 minutes ago, Salix said:

There's another Ninjago modular coming? :o

Yep, price is around $120 with 1300 pieces

10 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well, D2C is great too

Depends on who you ask :laugh: I’m looking forward to it (and the minifigs in particular, even though they’re probably just variants), but it sounds like a lot of people won’t be happy with it :sceptic: Too bad most people don’t give a megablock about this set. I miss last year’s levels of D2C hype :tongue:

47 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Sounds small. :thinking:

On 6/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, BrickFunatic said:

I can't let myself think about DH sets anymore. :pir-bawling: BUT surely they will make a Battle of Hogwarts set eventually? And a tent. It's got to happen.

It has to, they can’t just never follow through with DH. But they may try to put it off for a while

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It has to, they can’t just never follow through with DH. But they may try to put it off for a while

Agreed, I’m sure there will be DH sets at some point. I think some people just read the designer interview a bit too pessimistically. The main takeaway is that set ideas based on the first few films tend to make for better/more iconic toys, which is hard to argue against :laugh:

Therefore, I wouldn’t expect a full wave, but a small handful of sets sandwiched between other sets. A Gringotts D2C, Battle of Hogwarts playset and a small set based on DH part 1 (Malfoy Manor?) in combination with 4-5 sets based on the other 6 movies sounds like a pretty realistic wave to me :classic:

Finally succumbed to the temptation of buying the Magical Treasury Book with the exclusive Tom Riddle for £10.

I don't know how much I'll get out of the book, but the minifigure is very nice. Would've liked a second face print.

I really should invest in a display case for my minifigures.

(unfortunately couldnt add a pic of the minifig, file was too big)

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Too bad most people don’t give a megablock about this set. I miss last year’s levels of D2C hype :tongue:

I mean are you even suprised after what we got last year? Sure, I dont know how it is gonna look like this year but just comparing modular DA set with buildable objects idea of this years D2C set is like comparing UCS R2-D2 with UCS Millenium Falcon lol. Minifigures can save this (kinda) for me but still I see it as wasted potential that they didnt countinue with modular buildings. And it wouldnt had to be another DA set, could be Grimmauld Place, Malfoy Mannor or Ministry of Magic...

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Finally succumbed to the temptation of buying the Magical Treasury Book with the exclusive Tom Riddle for £10.

I don't know how much I'll get out of the book, but the minifigure is very nice. Would've liked a second face print.

As someone who often has too much work on my desk and must build sets on a bed, the lego hardcover books are the perfect building surface, my Magical Treasury Book has all kinds of imprints from building Diagon Ally on it.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

As someone who often has too much work on my desk and must build sets on a bed, the lego hardcover books are the perfect building surface, my Magical Treasury Book has all kinds of imprints from building Diagon Ally on it.

Oh! I got the idea from Jangbricks (youtube): he uses a charcuterie board to pour his LEGO pieces onto. This tall edges might help your pieces from flowing onto your bed. 

Thinking about minifigures in a brickbuilt objects D2C, there's one item that instantly comes to mind: the Pensieve. Think about it, the Pensieve is one of the most Iconic (tm) Hogwarts objects, and it would scale well to have minifigs inside to depict a memory, such as the Crouch trial or Dumby's first meeting with Tom. I could be very wrong, but I could see that as how they throw in some very desirable exclusive figures in addition to the golden gang.

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Thinking about minifigures in a brickbuilt objects D2C, there's one item that instantly comes to mind: the Pensieve. Think about it, the Pensieve is one of the most Iconic (tm) Hogwarts objects, and it would scale well to have minifigs inside to depict a memory, such as the Crouch trial or Dumby's first meeting with Tom. I could be very wrong, but I could see that as how they throw in some very desirable exclusive figures in addition to the golden gang.

Unfortunately that isn't one of the objects :sceptic: Like it's been mentioned before there are some strange choices and not all of them necessarily fit together 

19 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

(unfortunately couldnt add a pic of the minifig, file was too big)

You could upload it to some image hosting site like imgur and add the link here.

26 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Unfortunately that isn't one of the objects :sceptic: Like it's been mentioned before there are some strange choices and not all of them necessarily fit together 

Are they house related. As in do they feature the house objects. That would also work for minifigures. We could get updated house founders or the house ghosts. 

6 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Are they house related. As in do they feature the house objects. That would also work for minifigures. We could get updated house founders or the house ghosts. 

It's probably going to be weird "icons" of random objects, like a Gryffindor Scarf and a cup with Hogwarts crest. 

Has a remembrall been ruled out yet? That would explain the initial confusion :tongue:

The selection of objects does sound pretty random, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. At least in terms of the minifigs: the more varied the objects, the larger the potential for interesting variants :excited:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Has a remembrall been ruled out yet? That would explain the initial confusion :tongue:

The selection of objects does sound pretty random, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. At least in terms of the minifigs: the more varied the objects, the larger the potential for interesting variants :excited:

Oh, true. there was that vague rumor a while back -  when Madam Hooch was leaked but before the First Flying Lesson was revealed. 

With the Trusted Ones (TM) on here stating that we'd be surprised WHAT would be an Icon -  A Remeberall seems too obvious :laugh:

Edited by Prometheus87

On 7/6/2021 at 5:41 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, I’m sure there will be DH sets at some point. I think some people just read the designer interview a bit too pessimistically. The main takeaway is that set ideas based on the first few films tend to make for better/more iconic toys, which is hard to argue against :laugh:

Therefore, I wouldn’t expect a full wave, but a small handful of sets sandwiched between other sets. A Gringotts D2C, Battle of Hogwarts playset and a small set based on DH part 1 (Malfoy Manor?) in combination with 4-5 sets based on the other 6 movies sounds like a pretty realistic wave to me :classic:

I imagine they will. They did in the last wave of the 2010 reboot with the Forbidden Forest & Battle of Hogwarts sets. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, Legofania said:

Well, D2C is great too

Sounds more like a typical Ninjago set than a modular. You got me excited for something to add on to Ninjago City lol

7 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Do you have plans to reveal what the objects will be (like you did the Bugle)?

There was a leaked image posted on YouTube a couple months ago of the box for the Harry Potter brick-built objects set, and it showed the sorting hat, snitch, Harry's wand, two books, and Harry's glasses. Was that a real image or not? In other words, hasn't the content for this set already leaked?

52 minutes ago, Xenophilius said:

There was a leaked image posted on YouTube a couple months ago of the box for the Harry Potter brick-built objects set, and it showed the sorting hat, snitch, Harry's wand, two books, and Harry's glasses. Was that a real image or not? In other words, hasn't the content for this set already leaked?

I think you're referring to Ashnflash's rumour video from a couple of months ago, but that wasn't real box art just a mock up of what the set might contain.

Edited by BacktoBricks

What head/body has anyone used with the CMF Centaur body? I bought an extra one many moons ago to add to my HP group. Maybe the same one but different hair color?