Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The HP section of the stream was as magical as a Squib. :sad:

And the stream is broken ... :iamded_lol:

Edited by BacktoBricks

lol @BacktoBricks squib round describes it. :sceptic: I thought they could give up the polybag at least... :hmpf_bad: 

@Metanoios did you happen to get a screenshot of the flowerpot / possible cauldron?

We're about to do dinner, is anyone else going to stick with it and let us know if anything else comes up?

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

did you happen to get a screenshot of the flowerpot / possible cauldron?

Its on legoleaks Instagram. 

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not a hint/tease.

So what you are saying is, that the D2C doesn't include a caulron? What other not iconic objects are there? A quill?

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Its on legoleaks Instagram. 

Brilliant, cheers.

You lot are the best :wub:, even if it's not an actual tease. :tongue:

11 minutes ago, L4t2901 said:

Anyone found a good cape to go with the new lockhart figure? 

Bit expensive but Elrond is a good one. It's a bit hard to see but it's dark red on the back side: 

Amazon.com: Lego: Lord of the Rings (2013) - Elrond - Loose Figure: Toys &  Games

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Bit expensive but Elrond is a good one. It's a bit hard to see but it's dark red on the back side: 

Amazon.com: Lego: Lord of the Rings (2013) - Elrond - Loose Figure: Toys &  Games

Ah nice I'll check it out thanks mate 

18 hours ago, Textorix said:

Okay so D2C set will suck for most of the people.... Great I already save a ton of money on not buying chess, buildable figures, fawkes and now this. This means I will have budget to buy Daily Bugle set which is everything HP D2C set should have been and probably isnt gonna be as rumors are saying. Do you guys with sources of info know how many minifigures it will have as that might be only thing I will be interested :D

You do know tastes differ. Just because some people don’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t. I wish people would quit losing their minds over vague rumors. It makes no sense. 

Just finished building Fawkes. It’s a fun build & better looking than Hedwig but I, bummed the feet aren’t attached to the bird. I don’t have Hedwig attached to her stand, so I guess Fawkes will just have to be an amputee. :grin:

The new sets finally reached my area, so I picked up the Polyjuice Potion Mistake set.  Very neat set in my opinion.  The minifigures are great, and should make Slytherin robe torsos far easier to come by, considering a whopping three are included.  It is nice to finally have a representation of Crabbe and Goyle, and Hermione's new cat head mold is also done very well, though the lack of a cat tail is rather unfortunate, but understandable considering the stall is too small to fit a tailed minifigure.  At least the cat tail piece does apparently exist in reddish brown through the Monkie Kid theme.  The design of the build does a good job allowing the minifigures to be displayed, and the toilet stall build works well enough.  The opening sinks are a notable highlight of the build.  I got Flamel and Ollivander's Chocolate Frog cards, so that's two cards down, fourteen to go.  I look forward to eventually picking up the rest of the sets from the wave.

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The new sets finally reached my area, so I picked up the Polyjuice Potion Mistake set.  Very neat set in my opinion.  The minifigures are great, and should make Slytherin robe torsos far easier to come by, considering a whopping three are included.  It is nice to finally have a representation of Crabbe and Goyle, and Hermione's new cat head mold is also done very well, though the lack of a cat tail is rather unfortunate, but understandable considering the stall is too small to fit a tailed minifigure.  At least the cat tail piece does apparently exist in reddish brown through the Monkie Kid theme.  The design of the build does a good job allowing the minifigures to be displayed, and the toilet stall build works well enough.  The opening sinks are a notable highlight of the build.  I got Flamel and Ollivander's Chocolate Frog cards, so that's two cards down, fourteen to go.  I look forward to eventually picking up the rest of the sets from the wave.

I was pleasantly surprised by this set too. The sink build is great. The only downside is only one potion filled mug(which I rectified with a B&P order). 

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

You do know tastes differ. Just because some people don’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t. I wish people would quit losing their minds over vague rumors. It makes no sense. 

For me it doesnt matter how good the set is gonna be because we know it wont be minifigure scale set and thats just no go for me. At this point I am only interested about minifigures because I like to collect them no matter which set they come from.

Edited by Textorix

No info on D2C yet?

Anyways, what is your favorite Harry Potter set(s) that were released this year so far?

and the least favorite set(s)?

35 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No info on D2C yet?

Anyways, what is your favorite Harry Potter set(s) that were released this year so far?

Nope, apart from the fact that it's buildable objects, but does contain minifigure/s and is called Hogwarts Icons, although leaker/s are surprised at what Lego considers 'icons'. And it's not buildable Ron.

My favourite set from this year is Hogsmeade, because that combines a good displayable representation of a location with great figures. It gives me 2018-20 vibes. After that I love the bathroom for that polyjuice mug and the figures. On buying it, the chess set is pretty good (it's got me playing chess at least) and I do like those figs. I'd say my least favourite is Fluffy Encounter. Fluffy is good, but the build is boring and the figures can be cobbled together from other sets.

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I haven't built them yet but my favourite would be Hogsmeade because it has the quality of 2018-19 sets and looks beautiful.

My least favourite would be the Fluffy set because both the castle and Fluffy build are just trash. The Harry & Hermione set is executed well even if I think it's a bad idea for a set.

I love all of the other sets, even if I prefer the 2018-19 style.

10 hours ago, Textorix said:

For me it doesnt matter how good the set is gonna be because we know it wont be minifigure scale set and thats just no go for me. At this point I am only interested about minifigures because I like to collect them no matter which set they come from.

That’s fair. I wasn’t a fan of the Hedwig set, it’s just not really my thing either. I wanted that Harry for the new torso though. Then I found a pretty mangled box(and it was the only one) so I got a really good discount on it. It’s a decent build, the flapping feature is cool. Fawkes I like more because of the colors & it being a phoenix...but still not a huge fan of these sets. 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No info on D2C yet?

I’m gonna go with Polyjuice Potion Mistake. The minifigs are of course great, it’s nice to finally have Crabbe & Goyle(now Draco can pick on others properly). The build was surprisingly good. 

I will have to echo the others so far & say Fluffy’s Encounter. The castle section is just weird. I don’t like having that extra part that has nowhere to go if you stack that tower under the corridor. That “Devils Snare” is pretty weak. I do like Fluffy though. 

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No info on D2C yet?

It's really hard to choose a favourite. The set itself? Probably Chamber of Secrets. Considering the value and how much we get for a certain price? Probably Polyjuice Potion Mistake.

The least is obvious - Fluffy set. The build is laughably bad. Minifgures are the least unique from the whole wave.

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hogsmeade is by far my favorite Harry Potter set of the year as it looks fantastic and lives up to the standards set by the 2018-2020 sets. I don't really have a clear least favorite set but aside from Hogsmeade, the Accessory Pack and the Advent Calendar the 2021 sets in general are a very mixed bag for me.

Hogsmeade and Polyjuice Potion Mistake are almost tied for best set of the wave in my opinion, though I think the Polyjuice set slightly edges Hogsmeade out because it packs so much value into a small set. It's got characters people really want (not saying the Flumes and Madame Rosmerta aren't cool, but), new cat headpiece, good accessories, and a perfect price.

The Fluffy set is definitely last. Dull minifigs, dull Hogwarts sections, too high of a price for something so dull.

23 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No info on D2C yet?

Favorite set has to be the Chamber of Secrets with my least favorite being the Advent Calendar, extremely underwhelming besides the Birthday Cake Piece. Fluffy set at least has Fluffy and a neat Harp build.

Edited by RODDY

23 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

So far I've only gotten Hogsmeade, Polyjuice Potion Mistake, First Flying Lesson, and the Accessory Pack. Tbh, I like the first three, not sure which one I like the most. As for the AP, I like that one that least, but I still like it. I will reserve judgement for the rest until I get my hands on them.

Edited by Salix

Hi guys,

So, do we know the correct date of D2C set official release? Is it beginning of August or September? If its August, we should have some information about the set around the corner.

4 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

So, do we know the correct date of D2C set official release? Is it beginning of August or September? If its August, we should have some information about the set around the corner.

I would think with the busy schedule of D2C sets in August it would be September 1st again like Diagon Alley but that's not confirmed as of yet.