Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I opened the Accessory Pack and the Trio + Hagrid Brickheadz. I wasn't sure whether to get them at first, but they actually look a lot better in real life. The Brickheadz are actually really cute and different enough from the originals to display together, and Hagrid is a marked improvement (plus a bit taller) from the previous one. The Accessory Pack I still find to be very random and messy, but is still pretty nice. I added it to Diagon Alley. I'm going to use the witch as the Flourish & Blotts worker as she wears the same colours as the building, although I might get an alternative face for her. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:18 PM, BrickFunatic said:

I opened the Accessory Pack and the Trio + Hagrid Brickheadz. I wasn't sure whether to get them at first, but they actually look a lot better in real life. The Brickheadz are actually really cute and different enough from the originals to display together, and Hagrid is a marked improvement (plus a bit taller) from the previous one. The Accessory Pack I still find to be very random and messy, but is still pretty nice. I added it to Diagon Alley. I'm going to use the witch as the Flourish & Blotts worker as she wears the same colours as the building, although I might get an alternative face for her. 

Yeah, this Accessory Pack doesn’t have the “wow” that the first one did, having all four houses. I definitely like the minifigs in this new one, but I wish the guy in the top hat was all kind so of different. We have a new, better top hat & why Ollivander’s torso... I love the female witch & Borgin though. I like the jars too. 

I honestly think the 2021 accessory pack is miles better than it's predecessor. Last year's AP was useful in large quantities because it had a jumper for each Hogwarts house but other than that the figures and accessories really weren't anything to write home about. The 2021 pack on the other hand comes with an excellent selection of useful and uncommon/rare parts and a bloody fantastic selection of accessories to cap it all off.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly think the 2021 accessory pack is miles better than it's predecessor. Last year's AP was useful in large quantities because it had a jumper for each Hogwarts house but other than that the figures and accessories really weren't anything to write home about. The 2021 pack on the other hand comes with an excellent selection of useful and uncommon/rare parts and a bloody fantastic selection of accessories to cap it all off.

I think the 2021 one looks like a tacky mess that someone threw together in 2 minutes.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I think the 2021 one looks like a tacky mess that someone threw together in 2 minutes.

I agree with Guyon on this one. Most of the minifig and printed parts from this accessory pack are from very expensive UCS or at least very large and expensive sets:

- Wuher head (exclusive to the Mos Eisley Cantina 349,99 €, never available on Bricks and Pieces before)

- Vicky Vale torso (exclusive to the 76139 1989 Batmobile 249,99€, never available on Bricks and Pieces before)

- completely exclusive printed dark green robe piece

- exclusive 2x3 printed tile

- brown owl (right now only available through 75968 69,99 € and 75980 99,99€)

- Ben Kenobi head (right now on the shelves only available in Mos Eisley Cantina 349,99 €, never available on Bricks and Pieces before (although it came in cheap sets before, it was never this cheap)

- Petunia face (right now only available through 75968 69,99 €)

- Ollivander torso (in dark red till now exclusive to Diagon Alley 399,99 €)

- Gryffindor torso (till now exclusive to Diagon Alley 399,99 €, never available on Bricks and Pieces before)

- printed potion and acid pops "heads" (new for 2021, only in 2 other sets, both only come in at least 40 € sets)

This is the highest part-out value of a accessory pack ever, if you compare it to the bricklink prices of these pieces and you would have to buy more than triple the 14,99 if you just wanted these pieces.

Perhaps they are, but it's still just a random jumble that doesn't look nice together. It's much better to get army builders like school or quidditch uniforms IMO.

Now that I have a full team of Cedric’s :laugh: I was curious how other people who are filling out their Quidditch teams? The book has a nice display of the all the teams(mostly) to go by. The limited searching I’ve done only lists a few members of Hufflepuff. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Now that I have a full team of Cedric’s :laugh: I was curious how other people who are filling out their Quidditch teams? The book has a nice display of the all the teams(mostly) to go by. The limited searching I’ve done only lists a few members of Hufflepuff. 

The Quidditch World Cup game gives a full roster of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw players which is what I am planning on using. 

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Harry_Potter:_Quidditch_World_Cup

I got 7 wizard tiles instead of 6 in my COS set. Has anyone else experienced extra tiles?

I remember someone posting they got extra stickers. Lego normally doesn't make mistakes but I am all for extra freebies!

One thing I do like about the new minifigure accessory pack is that the minifigures can be used for other displays such as Castle or even some City parts, whereas the students one had only heads and hair pieces which were useful elsewhere. 

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but at the Lego shop in Southampton there's some pre-packaged build-a-minifigure packs with each containing a knight, witch and wizard! Even though they have yellow heads they were put in the Harry Potter section which I thought was a nice touch - I still needed the wizard hat but had the rest of the other minifigure pieces already 

5 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

I got 7 wizard tiles instead of 6 in my COS set. Has anyone else experienced extra tiles?

I remember someone posting they got extra stickers. Lego normally doesn't make mistakes but I am all for extra freebies!

And now 2 bag 7's!!! So I have the pieces to build the chamber snake door etc twice over. I thought it was just the wizard tile since I had opened all the bags to get the tiles first but now that I have reached bag 7 during the build I see why  I got the extra tile. I hope that doesn't mean there is someone out there with no bag 7 and no chamber door! Lego is not on form. 

Picked up the Fluffy Encounter set the other day and it's pretty nice imo. While they're a bit flat, I'm really liking this new system as a companion to the last 3 years of sets. The modular design makes it really easy to modify the sections to fill missing spaces, since most of what we're missing from the previous 3 years worth of sets was corridors and the belltower, both of which are incredibly easy to approximate with the new system. The fluffy set itself is pretty nice too imo, it's *mostly* accurate, and looks really good connected to the 2018 Great Hall which is where it would go canonically to my knowledge. I'll definitely be picking up the two smaller sets when I can find them, although I'm thinking that integrating/converting the Chamber of Secrets into my existing display is going to be quite a bit more work.

Hey everyone. 

I've spent last night and a good portion of today designing a MOC of the Chamber of Winged keys and Mirror of Erised to complete my 2021 Hogwarts castle. I've posted pictures in the "Harry Potter custom builds and moc's" forum and would greatly appreciate any feedback, tips or advice that might help improve it. I know many of you have great attention to detail and probably more building skills than I, so would love any help you can provide.

Constructive criticism would be great. But please be nice. My first attempt at a MOC from scratch ever. I'm more of an Emmet. I follow the instructions! :laugh:

On 6/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, BrickFunatic said:

Perhaps they are, but it's still just a random jumble that doesn't look nice together. It's much better to get army builders like school or quidditch uniforms IMO.

I fully agree.

On 6/20/2021 at 12:56 AM, Vindicare said:

I still haven't found Cedric in the stores overhere. But I did see he's available on Bricklink so I'll just get him from there. Didn't want the magazine anyway. :P

19 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

I remember someone posting they got extra stickers.

That was me. :P

7 minutes ago, Salix said:

I still haven't found Cedric in the stores overhere. But I did see he's available on Bricklink so I'll just get him from there. Didn't want the magazine anyway. :P

I went to a book store on the day they were supposed to release, but they didn’t have any. Ended up ordering two. Then I recently checked the other day, that same store had finally got some in, bought all 3. Then called a different chain & found the other two. :laugh:

Now I have six books I have no idea what to do with...

Edited by Vindicare

Another quick question for any Aussies. For anyone who lives near a LEGO store, have the Harry Potter Accessory Packs been released at all here? I know it says coming soon online, but wondering if physical stores got them or not. Kept waiting for online store to get Sparkle Babies from LEGO Movie 2 and it never happened. Hope the same thing doesn't happen with these.

The last few weeks my opinion of the Harry Potter line has really gone downhill. I began collecting this line assuming it was going to be a four year run going through all of the movies relatively evenly and giving us a consistent castle. I wasn't expecting a perfect collector focused line. I don't mind getting an extra flying car or an extra potions classroom. Similarly I didn't mind the idea of a DH heavy wave being pushed back a year and the new Hogwarts system being introduced now and I didn't mind getting an extra great hall. It's an understandable change of plan. As long as we got a couple deathly hallows  sets next year along with at least one more set from OOTP I would've been happy. 

Learning that A: there won't be much if anything from DH next year and B: the plan was always for this castle and iteration of the theme as a whole to end in 2020 with OOTP/HBP has caused me to seriously reevaluate my thoughts on this reboot. Releasing only two CMF figures and nothing else for DH was bad. Releasing a ravenclaw dorm over a slytherin dorm was bad. If this was the plan the entire time then  there is no reason we shouldn't be judging it like a complete plan. 

I've probably spent around $1500 on the reboot so far including Diagon Alley and the one set from the new wave I bought (the great hall/chamber of secrets) before we learned all of this. I'm really regretting not only buying the great hall/chamber of secrets but buying anything from the 2018-2020 line. I thought there was a decent plan based on everything we heard when the line began and I thought LEGO wouldn't be afraid of the final films since we got a DH Voldemort in the first CMF line, I guess I was wrong about both. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell the 2021 set, sell all the sets, or continue buying the sets and watching as the collections for the early films get larger and larger while waiting for the inevitable few DH sets to get released. 

As a side note I find a bell towers set not being made because it isn't iconic enough laughable. Surely the bell towers are more iconic than whatever the forbidden corridor set is (the exterior is what's displayed on the front of the box). 

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Learning that A: there won't be much if anything from DH next year and B: the plan was always for this castle and iteration of the theme as a whole to end in 2020 with OOTP/HBP has caused me to seriously reevaluate my thoughts on this reboot. Releasing only two CMF figures and nothing else for DH was bad. Releasing a ravenclaw dorm over a slytherin dorm was bad. If this was the plan the entire time then  there is no reason we shouldn't be judging it like a complete plan. 

I've probably spent around $1500 on the reboot so far including Diagon Alley and the one set from the new wave I bought (the great hall/chamber of secrets) before we learned all of this. I'm really regretting not only buying the great hall/chamber of secrets but buying anything from the 2018-2020 line. I thought there was a decent plan based on everything we heard when the line began and I thought LEGO wouldn't be afraid of the final films since we got a DH Voldemort in the first CMF line, I guess I was wrong about both. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell the 2021 set, sell all the sets, or continue buying the sets and watching as the collections for the early films get larger and larger while waiting for the inevitable few DH sets to get released.

Can you please quote the exact words of Marcos or any of the other designers, where they are saying, what the sets for next year will be (also a link to the interview would be appreciated, I'm really curious), and where they explicitly said there "won't be much of anything from DH nex year"? Because you said you learned that, I want to "learn" about it, too. Why is it new to you that Lego usually works with 3 year release plans, when there has never been a longer consistent release schedule in any previous theme? Most action or big bang themes (with the exception of Ninjago) have never lasted more than 3 years (and I wouldn't call the waves of Ninjago theme consistent since they are by design all over the place - underwater, robots, desert, dungeons and dragons, biker gang, snakes, steampunk pirates). Even the previous Harry Potter waves were never continous or in the same style and there were  many years we didn't get any set in between waves. And when there was a new castle released, it had a completely different style (just compare 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2010) and the roofs colours did also change from sand green (2001) to dark bluish grey (2004) to sand green again. If anything the past of this theme teaches us not to expect the "perfect" castle. Name the press release, in which Lego or the designers promised a 4 year long, consistent release or that the toy line would cover every inch of the castle?

If you feel the need to sell $1500 worth of a Lego Harry Potter collection just because one wave or two are not what you expected or really wanted and the previous sets loose this much value over night to you, I suggest that maybe you should reevaluate your spending habits in the first place.

The following sets are retiring at the end of the year according to Promobricks: 
- Hogwarts Whomping Willow
- The Knight Bus
- The Room of Requirement
- Umbridge's Encounter
- Moments: Herbology
- Moments: Charms

4 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

As a side note I find a bell towers set not being made because it isn't iconic enough laughable. Surely the bell towers are more iconic than whatever the forbidden corridor set is (the exterior is what's displayed on the front of the box). 

Sounds rough & a touch over dramatic. Just because some things weren’t or possibly aren’t going to be made doesn’t emanates reboot is garbage. We have so much good to great stuff in this reboot. All the new prints & characters. New parts. Great updates on existing sets. Far superior location sets. Looking back at past HP themes, we’ve been spoiled rotten by this reboot. Except the “basilisk” in the 2018 GH:laugh:, we were punished there for some reason.

Edited by Vindicare

4 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The last few weeks my opinion of the Harry Potter line has really gone downhill. I began collecting this line assuming it was going to be a four year run going through all of the movies relatively evenly and giving us a consistent castle. I wasn't expecting a perfect collector focused line. I don't mind getting an extra flying car or an extra potions classroom. Similarly I didn't mind the idea of a DH heavy wave being pushed back a year and the new Hogwarts system being introduced now and I didn't mind getting an extra great hall. It's an understandable change of plan. As long as we got a couple deathly hallows  sets next year along with at least one more set from OOTP I would've been happy. 

Learning that A: there won't be much if anything from DH next year and B: the plan was always for this castle and iteration of the theme as a whole to end in 2020 with OOTP/HBP has caused me to seriously reevaluate my thoughts on this reboot. Releasing only two CMF figures and nothing else for DH was bad. Releasing a ravenclaw dorm over a slytherin dorm was bad. If this was the plan the entire time then  there is no reason we shouldn't be judging it like a complete plan

I haven't bought anything this wave yet and waiting until they go on sale. Definitely will be buying Hogsmeade and a couple others. I too have been a little disappointed since I just got back in and loved all the 2018-2020 sets and thought they were the essence of what Lego and HP could be. This wave does have a bunch of fun stuff that I'm looking forward to getting. I feel your pain @MaxHeadroom and understand the disappointment of the lack of DH sets. 

I think we can all be better fans of Lego and HP if we try to understand where someone else is coming from expressing deep emotion and disappointment. 2018 is hard to top and not everyone shares the same opinions. 

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The following sets are retiring at the end  of this year
- The Room of Requirement
- Umbridge's Encounter
- Moments: Herbology
- Moments: Charms

Well, i ‘m not sure if these sets are sold well? 

I mean the Room of Requirment and Umbridge’s Encounter sets just came out last year.

And Moments: Herbology & Charms came out back in January 2021. Not just Transfiguration or Potions? Intersting....

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I get the frustration that LEGO restarted this whole line in 2018 by deliberately doing two movies/books per year, so how or why could they have planned to stop before the final two movies/one book? Except - by 2020 they'd already started mixing it around with a set from CoS, and the Hedwig set containing a figure from Philosopher's Stone.

So it's still valid to ask and feel like, why didn't they plan to at least cover everything from the beginning through to the end? But looking at the actual sets produced, they'd already ditched the pure "two instalments per year" format by the third year.