Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Thanks for your replies. I shall try just waiting. Just going to have to time it right. Been a few things I sat on a bit too long and then the skyrocketed behind my back. Not a LEGO things, but still dying inside from when I didn't want to pay $40 for a Star Wars Graphic Novella that is now at minimum $300 as I was waiting for it to go down.

Also been wondering, is there anyone who actually likes the Chess set as a whole I cannot get over how basic and boring the board is. The builds are pretty average looking and from some reviews i've read the board is a bit small and cumbersome for playing chess. Genuinely curious if there's actually anyone who really likes it?

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

So has anyone managed a full collection of Wizard Cards yet? Pretty expensive on Bricklink so far! Wish there was a more effective way of finding people to trade with.

Also...

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this... But I really want to get the minifigures from the Chess set, but absolutely hate the set itself. So far the minifigures alone look to be round half the cost of the set on Bricklink. Do you think getting the whole set is worth it for investment purposes or anything? Or would you advise just sucking it up and getting the figures?

I see people trading them on the different facebook groups here in melbourne. Send me your list of what you are missing and what you have to trade and I'll keep an eye out for you. I just need two now.

The chess set is $85 on amazon at the moment, matching bigw's sale. I just ordered one but really just for the figures and to play around with some of the chess pieces to make them a bit better but for a scene display. I have zero interest in the chess set really. 

It probably makes sense to wait for the remaining two sets to be revealed (D2C + polybag) before paying through the nose for the missing tiles. Even if you’re already certain you won’t purchase either of them, they could still drive the current average prices down a bit :wink:

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Thanks for your replies. I shall try just waiting. Just going to have to time it right. Been a few things I sat on a bit too long and then the skyrocketed behind my back. Not a LEGO things, but still dying inside from when I didn't want to pay $40 for a Star Wars Graphic Novella that is now at minimum $300 as I was waiting for it to go down.

Also been wondering, is there anyone who actually likes the Chess set as a whole I cannot get over how basic and boring the board is. The builds are pretty average looking and from some reviews i've read the board is a bit small and cumbersome for playing chess. Genuinely curious if there's actually anyone who really likes it?

I don't have it yet (already spend my LEGO budget this month :P), but I do like it. Even though I'm gonna get everything anyway because I wanna complete the collection (since the reboot in 2018).

So far I've managed to get 8 uniques with just Hogsmeade (4), Polyjuice Potion Mistake (2), and First Flying Lesson (2): Golden and Silver Dumbledore, Lockhart, Flamel, Slytherin, Bott, McGonagall, and Hufflepuff, respectively.

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I'm still waiting for a D2C Hogwarts Express at some point in the future...

Same.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It probably makes sense to wait for the remaining two sets to be revealed (D2C + polybag) before paying through the nose for the missing tiles. Even if you’re already certain you won’t purchase either of them, they could still drive the current average prices down a bit :wink:

Not forgetting the advent calender which has two in. 

3 hours ago, Salix said:

I don't have it yet (already spend my LEGO budget this month :P),

That's your problem...having a budget :tongue:

11 hours ago, chris6507 said:

So has anyone managed a full collection of Wizard Cards yet? Pretty expensive on Bricklink so far! Wish there was a more effective way of finding people to trade with.

Also...

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this... But I really want to get the minifigures from the Chess set, but absolutely hate the set itself. So far the minifigures alone look to be round half the cost of the set on Bricklink. Do you think getting the whole set is worth it for investment purposes or anything? Or would you advise just sucking it up and getting the figures?

I've just finished building chess set and I very liked it. Minfigs for sure are great and they were my main motivation to get it but in the end I'm glad I bought the whole set. Chess figures look amazing, very good effort on the designers end.

After finishing all the new sets I've ended with 6 more cards to collect. Unfortunately even though I heve 9 cards in my repeats I have only five different wizards so I need to find at least two people to trade (in the perfect scenario ofc) :/ I'll start with my local Lego Shop facebook page and see if I get any replies. If anyone form Warsaw is reading this and is interested in trading feel free to drop me a DM.

I got the chess set purely for the figs. I thought about selling on the build, but my mum likes chess and wanted to play a game with the set so I built it. I always thought the pawns looked cute in the images and really reminded me of the movie, but when I built the set it gave me more of an appreciation for the whole set. Sure the chess figures aren't as detailed as they could be, but they are recognisable and for the price point a good representation. I have never been a chess enthusiast, but I've just played a game of chess with my mum and actually won despite the fact that I am a novice. So not only are the pieces recognisable, but the whole thing is playable. In the end, I think it is a good compromise between displayability and playability.

I know they are expensive, but I bought my remaining 4 Chocolate Frog cards for 1.50 each. For 6 euro and 1 euro shipping I have it complete for now. No hassle to trade or anything. Its something, but not too expensive I think. 

25 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I know they are expensive, but I bought my remaining 4 Chocolate Frog cards for 1.50 each. For 6 euro and 1 euro shipping I have it complete for now. No hassle to trade or anything. Its something, but not too expensive I think. 

That seems reasonable. The cheapest I've seen in the UK on ebay is around £4 each, but most around £6. I still need 4 cards, but I'm not willing to pay that for them. I highly doubt I will be buying the D2C, but hopefully I will get lucky with the advent calendar and get one or two and then complete the set via Bricklink or ebay when the prices have come down. 

I'm not opening my sets until July 18th on my Birthday but I have everything except the Harry & Hermione big figs, so I will post here if anyone in the UK wants to trade cards then. :) 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, Keytia said:

Thx for the list of parts for the grey roof ! I'm about to swap the green roof for the grey one soon :) !

New sets are linking really good with the old ones. Now i'm just going to try to build a bridge and a big rock base :) !

Aucune description disponible.

That's a really nice display, I love how they all look together. I'll keep the green roofs on mine because I've always loved that look, but I think they'll look really good with gray as well. (Maybe gray with green accents, like the Astronomy Tower...)

...Also, that design of the First Floor Corridor & Stone Bridge Tower looks rather familiar... Great to see someone making use of one of my old alternate builds! It actually fits in pretty well, I'm now tempted to break out my second copy of the Whomping Willow and add it back to my own display!

52 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm not opening my sets until July 18th on my Birthday but I have everything except the Harry & Hermione big figs, so I will post here if anyone in the UK wants to trade cards then. :) 

You're very patient. :thumbup: I might be interested in trading. I seem to have attracted McGonagalls, Snapes, Jocundas and Helgas, but still need Seraphina Piquery, Rowena Ravenclaw, golden Dumbledore and Madame Maxime.

10 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That's a really nice display, I love how they all look together. I'll keep the green roofs on mine because I've always loved that look, but I think they'll look really good with gray as well. (Maybe gray with green accents, like the Astronomy Tower...)

...Also, that design of the First Floor Corridor & Stone Bridge Tower looks rather familiar... Great to see someone making use of one of my old alternate builds! It actually fits in pretty well, I'm now tempted to break out my second copy of the Whomping Willow and add it back to my own display!

Thx ! 

Also thx for your video https://youtu.be/NRFwVgMJfmg , I used it to design the first floor corridor :) ! I customized it a little to make a bigger Gryffindor common room and Filch's office :) ! Here is a picture off the inside :

Aucune description disponible.

In other news, Lego had just announced the buildable Adidas trainer, so maybe a buildable Dobby's sock isn't too farfetched! Well it is pretty iconic, right? :wink: :sarcasm:

Hallo@all

I haven't been here for a while now.

Can someone please tell me if there will be more new sets this year except the poly bag and the DC Set.

Maybe a GWP Set?

And does someone know if Smythstoys will become diagon alley?

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

In other news, Lego had just announced the buildable Adidas trainer, so maybe a buildable Dobby's sock isn't too farfetched! Well it is pretty iconic, right? :wink: :sarcasm:

The dream lives on :laugh_hard: 

Seriously though, I’m still very curious to see what the items will actually be and if they’re somewhat thematically linked (like the belongings of the Hogwarts founders) or just “random” iconic items. Since @lego_guyon02 hinted at multiple minifigs being included, there’s also the chance of each being associated with an item :classic: Say, a Neville minifig to go with a remebrall…

If so, this would mean that we could guess the items once the minifigs start leaking at some point :purrr: 

*cut to a new Dobby leaking in 3 weeks* :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, Sir Godric said:

Can someone please tell me if there will be more new sets this year except the poly bag and the DC Set.

Maybe a GWP Set?

And does someone know if Smythstoys will become diagon alley?

The AC, D2C set and polybag are that’s left, at least to our current knowledge. There might be a GWP set, but we haven’t heard anything :shrug_oh_well:

DA is still very hard to find at retailers in general. TLG must’ve extended the exclusivity window for unknown reasons

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Seriously though, I’m still very curious to see what the items will actually be and if they’re somewhat thematically linked (like the belongings of the Hogwarts founders) or just “random” iconic items. Since @lego_guyon02 hinted at multiple minifigs being included, there’s also the chance of each being associated with an item :classic: Say, a Neville minifig to go with a remebrall…

If so, this would mean that we could guess the items once the minifigs start leaking at some point :purrr: 

Haha I swear half the fun is in guessing the unknown. Like when Marcus says something along the lines of 'We stick to the first few movies because they're not as dark and so we find more interesting and engaging moments in them for sets' and I start thinking about next year and how I really want merpeople figures and surely the second task qualifies as an interesting and engaging moment. And then I start to imagine all the potential figures: merperson, shark head Krum, bubblehead Cedric, gillyweed gills Harry (maybe even a Rita Skeeter!) and you just remember why you love this theme so much. :classic:

29 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Haha I swear half the fun is in guessing the unknown. Like when Marcus says something along the lines of 'We stick to the first few movies because they're not as dark and so we find more interesting and engaging moments in them for sets' and I start thinking about next year and how I really want merpeople figures and surely the second task qualifies as an interesting and engaging moment. And then I start to imagine all the potential figures: merperson, shark head Krum, bubblehead Cedric, gillyweed gills Harry (maybe even a Rita Skeeter!) and you just remember why you love this theme so much. :classic:

I keep thinking this and a Shrieking Shack (with werewolf Lupin and dog Sirius) will be coming next year, too. :innocent2:

Edited by BrickFunatic

18 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I keep thinking this and a Shrieking Shack (with werewolf Lupin and dog Sirius) will be coming next year, too. :innocent2:

That would be amazing :thumbup: After my dream of DH sets has been assassinated, I hope they at least fill in the remaining gaps in the other films, particularly PoA, GoF and OotP :laugh: The Shrieking Shack is definitely a good candidate

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That would be amazing :thumbup: After my dream of DH sets has been assassinated, I hope they at least fill in the remaining gaps in the other films, particularly PoA, GoF and OotP :laugh: The Shrieking Shack is definitely a good candidate

I can't let myself think about DH sets anymore. :pir-bawling: BUT surely they will make a Battle of Hogwarts set eventually? And a tent. It's got to happen.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*cut to a new Dobby leaking in 3 weeks* :laugh_hard:

The AC, D2C set and polybag are that’s left, at least to our current knowledge. There might be a GWP set, but we haven’t heard anything :shrug_oh_well:

DA is still very hard to find at retailers in general. TLG must’ve extended the exclusivity window for unknown reasons

Thank's for your informations.😉

59 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yes this too! And I can't help but think that an OOTP Ministry battle would make a good £20 set. The section with all the shelves crashing down and the prophecy globes flying everywhere. The part before Sirius dies or Harry gets possessed so no ethics there. Kids would love that surely? :laugh: Not that I think the 'too dark' argument stands anyway. Okay, maybe recreating the Inferi scene, as cool as it might look, would be unwise considering it essentially represents mass murder, but Lego has done the Graveyard Duel and Expeco Patronum sets and, whether they included Cedric in the set or not, means they have depicted a death scene and a scene where a guy nearly gets his soul sucked out. So I don't think it's the darkness exactly stopping them choosing things, it's just the marketability and recognisability of scenes. I think the problem with DH is that there is just a lot of jumping from this hilltop to that forest etc. Not that Lego has been forest shy with HP before. :tongue: But I see no reason why they won't cover the Battle of Hogwarts other than they may not know what castle section they can pair with the figures that they conclude is recognisable enough for the general market.

Also speaking of dogs, I still want a Fang. A new mould that is, with wobbly jowls and all. The poor thing was not a coward after all and I think he deserves some recognition! 

Edited by BacktoBricks