Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I've built the Flight Lesson set today. The cards I got were Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin (that's a pretty perfect duo to be honest :tongue:).

With 4 cards 0 repeats so far. Can't wait to see which ones I get in the AC, but that's like half a year wait :snicker:

As for the set, it's great. I love it. Can't wait to connect it to the Polyjuice Mistake set this weekend.

There's a misprint on the instructions for the COS. For Tom Riddle's diary, it is listed to use sticker 12 but that is Salazar Slytherin statue's eye. Pretty sure you guys will be fine though LOL. I guess I bring it up in hopes that parents don't look down at LEGO because of the small misprint.

Edited by joeee

I'm sorry for the dumbness but I haven't been keeping up - do we have any idea what the big set is going to be later this year?

After spending even more time with the 2021 Hogwarts sets (besides Flying Lesson which I still haven't gotten) by setting up an interior-focused display and also rearranging my 2018-20 exterior-focused display, I've got to say.... I still like the 2018-20 ones SO much more.

The new Hogwarts sets are good toys to be sure and I'm sure the interiors play better than the older ones given their size, but those '18-'20 sets are art: gorgeous, detailed Hogwarts sections. I'm sad we didn't get just one more for the Bell Towers with a Battle of Hogwarts theme.

Also seeing more people's videos and pictures of the exteriors of these new sets, they really look like quite an ugly hodgepodge.

25 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

After spending even more time with the 2021 Hogwarts sets (besides Flying Lesson which I still haven't gotten) by setting up an interior-focused display and also rearranging my 2018-20 exterior-focused display, I've got to say.... I still like the 2018-20 ones SO much more.

The new Hogwarts sets are good toys to be sure and I'm sure the interiors play better than the older ones given their size, but those '18-'20 sets are art: gorgeous, detailed Hogwarts sections. I'm sad we didn't get just one more for the Bell Towers with a Battle of Hogwarts theme.

Also seeing more people's videos and pictures of the exteriors of these new sets, they really look like quite an ugly hodgepodge.

Agreed, @Clone OPatra...the anniversary sets make for lovely play sets, but I am more of a display collector.  I do like the Polyjuice Mistake for a potential MOC interior in the big set, but beyond that, not really much of a draw.

I hope we get another part of the castle in the style of the ‘18 - ‘20 sets, next year.

@JackFr I am also VERY curious what the big set will be.  I’m hoping for something to add to Diagon Alley, but that might just be me dreaming.

Edited by StudsMcBrickerson

8 minutes ago, StudsMcBrickerson said:

I hope we get another part of the castle in the style of the ‘18 - ‘20 sets, next year.

From Marcos Bessa's interviews and Instagram AMA, that's pretty much guaranteed to not happen unfortunately.

7 hours ago, JackFr said:

I'm sorry for the dumbness but I haven't been keeping up - do we have any idea what the big set is going to be later this year?

6 hours ago, StudsMcBrickerson said:

@JackFr I am also VERY curious what the big set will be.  I’m hoping for something to add to Diagon Alley, but that might just be me dreaming.

According to the rumours, it’s a set of multiple buildable items called “Hogwarts Icons Collection”. We don’t know much beyond that, unfortunately :oh3:

11 hours ago, JackFr said:

They are advertising Harry Potter related content as part of the 90 minute lego con livestream event. Maybe we'll learn more there?  

Just built all our sets tonight. Got all the castle sets, plus a second bathroom. Managed to get 12 out of 16 tiles from 18 total. So that wasn't too bad. I don't mind the final result of the castle, but I honestly found the build an absolute bore building in segments. Really ruined the excitement of building something large that you get from building a whole set in one.

Just throwing it out there, if anyone in Australia has Olympe Maxime, Nicholas Flamel or Bertie Bott spare, i'd be happy to trade by post.

I have 1 spare silver Dumbledore, 1 spare gold Dumbledore, McGonagall, Lockhart and Ollivander.

Edited by chris6507

11 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I totally agree.

So i have just finished building the last of the sets I wanted, all the castle sets really, and as expected I didn't really enjoy this years sets. I started with the toilet set, I like the inside hate the building its stuffed in. Then the flying lesson, boring build, boring inside but look ok when finished. Then fluffy, was happy to build fluffy as he wasn't boring castle build and then i did boring castle build. Ended on the largest set which was the best build but only because it had the bigger builds that were a bit different.

The new system has trapped itself in these three sized buildings, the great hall size, the bathroom set size and the smallest one like the vines or lockharts office. The build of the two smallest of these are awfully dull builds, where one side mirrors the other.  It all gets a bit boring after a while and there is overuse of big lego parts.  The interiors are really poor in most of these with a few exceptions but that's due to new stickers and new parts and nothing to do with build quality. And the interior spaces really aren't any better that the 2018/2020 and I think they really only suffered because of budget.

So when you start blending different sets you realise lego has broken its own system with the door section of the flying lesson set and the door to the chamber of secrets. I think the chamber door just needed to be a separate piece that didn't need to connect and the middle section of the flying lessons needed to fit the system size. I just don't understand why they left them odd sizes. And when you start mixing up all the sets they really don't look right together, they look like they were designed over a bunch of years and that's why they don't match.

The great hall is probably the only exception in build enjoyability and it looks ok on the matching base but it still doesn't improve on the last version. I think I enjoyed it because it was different from all the other size builds. I love the new figures and the new parts and the stickers are mostly great. I've fixed fluffy already but I always knew I would have to do that as he is designed to be played with. Fixed the snake as well but I'm loving the new mould for him.

I think this years sets are nothing on the sets we were getting before and I'm worried what we might get next year if this system continues which I think it will. I just don't understand why they wouldn't continue with the final years of Harrys story and then fill in the gaps. Hopefully they start to dot later story sets into the coming waves so we gradually get the sets if lego isn't happy to give us a full wave of Deathly Hallows sets. 

37 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just built all our sets tonight. Got all the castle sets, plus a second bathroom. Managed to get 12 out of 16 tiles from 18 total. So that wasn't too bad. I don't mind the final result of the castle, but I honestly found the build an absolute bore building in segments. Really ruined the excitement of building something large that you get from building a whole set in one.

Just throwing it out there, if anyone in Australia has Godric Gryffindor, Olympe Maxime, Nicholas Flamel or Bertie Bott spare, i'd be happy to trade by post.

I have 2 spare silver Dumbledore's, 1 spare gold Dumbledore, McGonagall, Lockhart and Ollivander.

I have 12 of 16 as well but the only one i have that you need is Godric Gryffindor, Happy to send you it for silver Dumbledore. 

15 hours ago, JackFr said:

The set name and number is 76391 Hogwarts Icons Collection. 

It comes out later this year (no exact date is known), and will cost 250€.

It includes multiple builds of iconic Harry Potter objects. There are minifigures in the set (unknown how many), and a possible golden minifigure.

Pffft icons, as long as is not a modular set I’m good hahaha, not really into other side sets, I just buy anything hogwarts but not stuff like hogs was, diagon alley etc, with that said I completely forgot the chess set has tiles also 🤣

Is it possible that the D2C is items in the scale as Harry and Hermione, and that it includes a Ron at the same scale?

2 hours ago, Surge said:

Is it possible that the D2C is items in the scale as Harry and Hermione, and that it includes a Ron at the same scale?

I mean anything possible until we get images. For my money I'd say not. I feel objects at that size wouldn't be very detailed. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the direction that the D2C is going, but I'll wait until we see it to make any real judgement. I do hope it's reveals at Lego Con, I just want to know at this point.

13 hours ago, Surge said:

I don't think so, but I don't know anything to be fair.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, Micmac said:

And when you start mixing up all the sets they really don't look right together, they look like they were designed over a bunch of years and that's why they don't match.

I'm taking a little consolation from the fact that castles rarely match unless it's something fake castle-ish like Neuschwanstein, but then again they also tend not to change too radically within the same wall segment, so... (But even the bell towers and the Great Hall at Hogwarts are very different architecturally.) Mixing and matching the sets so they look anything like right is definitely proving something of a challenge, however. :sceptic: 

Looking forward to seeing what you lot do with them. (I'm already leaning towards a layout like @Clone OPatra's dollhouse variation and am determined to steal @Vorkosigan's Prefect's Bath. Thanks for the inspiration. :wub:)

I'm surprised by how well the Polyjuice Potion set connects to the First Flight set! There aren't many combinations, but they all work great.

I did mine so that on top of the PP set, I made a single tower out of the FF set - with 2 of the roofs on both of them, and the door slappped next to it. Looks fantastic. 

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm surprised by how well the Polyjuice Potion set connects to the First Flight set! There aren't many combinations, but they all work great.

I did mine so that on top of the PP set, I made a single tower out of the FF set - with 2 of the roofs on both of them, and the door slappped next to it. Looks fantastic. 

Show us pics!

I did really well, 4 of 6 , began & ended with Godric Gryffindor. McGonagall, silver Dumbledore, Maxime, & Bertie. It was a great build & minifg selection is awesome but I feel Justin should’ve came with medium legs. 

After finishing up with Hogsmeade Village Visit, I ended up with 8 of 16. There’s 9 cards left in the seat I don’t have, so chances of getting a full set are very low(if only I had a vial of Felix Felicis). 

What a time though to be a fan of HP. Finally seeing H & R get the love it deserves & so many different toros in just a couple years. On top of of all the other goodness in new parts/prints. 

So has anyone managed a full collection of Wizard Cards yet? Pretty expensive on Bricklink so far! Wish there was a more effective way of finding people to trade with.

Also...

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this... But I really want to get the minifigures from the Chess set, but absolutely hate the set itself. So far the minifigures alone look to be round half the cost of the set on Bricklink. Do you think getting the whole set is worth it for investment purposes or anything? Or would you advise just sucking it up and getting the figures?

Edited by chris6507

35 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

So has anyone managed a full collection of Wizard Cards yet? Pretty expensive on Bricklink so far! Wish there was a more effective way of finding people to trade with.

Also...

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this... But I really want to get the minifigures from the Chess set, but absolutely hate the set itself. So far the minifigures alone look to be round half the cost of the set on Bricklink. Do you think getting the whole set is worth it for investment purposes or anything? Or would you advise just sucking it up and getting the figures?

Unless you have deep pockets or are prepared to pay premium prices Bricklinking new items shortly after their release is generally a bad idea. Sellers will always overprice their first batches of new items in an effort to profit off of consumers who don't feel like waiting. Eventually the consumers will show them how much they're willing to pay for said items and the sellers will adjust their prices accordingly. If you just sit back and wait a couple of weeks/months you'll be able to find the stuff you're looking for for much more reasonable prices.

36 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Pretty expensive on Bricklink so far!

I am sure the price will go down when the set inventory's finally are up and more sellers get the sets added to their stores :shrug_oh_well: I assume they need a working inventory to part out set easily and so far not a single set from the 1 of June release I check for has been updated :wacko: Now that Lego owns them it is odd that it takes several weeks to do that *huh*