Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, Modal said:

Hey guys, I asked Marcos on Instagram a question whether Lego has a problem with Deathly Hallows and he actually answered lol didn't expect that but here's what he said:

"Absolutely nothing! But as the story progresses, the movies get darker and more up in age, and we tend to find more appealing and engaging moments in the earlier movies that lend themselves to great toys...but who knows...:)"

If anything it confirms that they do find it dark and it isn't an unfounded worry from us that they are intentionally skipping it. Doesn't bode well for the next couple years at least

And then Lego original IP Monkie Kid introduces the The Bone Demon. :pir-skel: Don't tell me you can't find engaging moments out of the darker stuff lol. I'm sure kids would love exploding jars and shelves in the Ministry, Dumbledore fighting inferi, or a crumbling Hogwarts bridge with 'animated' Knight Statues and death eaters or dementors, dark or not. Plus whilst I'm sure the first movies may be more recognisable for some, all the books and movies have been around for long enough now that the material is generally well known. Thanks for asking though. :classic: You're right it doesn't sound good. 

Honestly an evil giant and bridge battle from the Battle of Hogwarts could be cool but the only thing I really want from Deathly Hallows in Lego is a full Gringotts with a dragon. Do you guys think there could be a chance for a Gringotts even if there's not other Deathly Hallows sets at the same time? The only example of Lego jumping forwards like that on a later film for just one set would be the Hogwarts Express in 2018

6 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Honestly an evil giant and bridge battle from the Battle of Hogwarts could be cool but the only thing I really want from Deathly Hallows in Lego is a full Gringotts with a dragon. Do you guys think there could be a chance for a Gringotts even if there's not other Deathly Hallows sets at the same time? The only example of Lego jumping forwards like that on a later film for just one set would be the Hogwarts Express in 2018

Whilst is may not be this year, I'd say Gringotts is 99% certain going to happen, even if it doesn't include the dragon. The dragon would certainly be cool and I think would make the set very recognisable thanks to the Orlando theme park, but the thing with Gringotts is that it first appears in book/movie 1 and that is apparently recognisable and loved territory for Lego. Add to that the fact that we got the rest of Diagon Alley and I'll eat a bogie flavoured Bertie Bott bean if we don't get a Gringotts within the next couple of years.

Edited by BacktoBricks

16 hours ago, Modal said:

Hey guys, I asked Marcos on Instagram a question whether Lego has a problem with Deathly Hallows and he actually answered lol didn't expect that but here's what he said:

"Absolutely nothing! But as the story progresses, the movies get darker and more up in age, and we tend to find more appealing and engaging moments in the earlier movies that lend themselves to great toys...but who knows...:)"

If anything it confirms that they do find it dark and it isn't an unfounded worry from us that they are intentionally skipping it. Doesn't bode well for the next couple years at least

Interesting, well as time goes by we will get a lot of minifig-scale set re-releases if they do not give us anything from the two last movies :def_shrug: However it makes little sense not to use them for set ideas in the future :shrug_oh_well:

16 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'd be interested to know if any of the tiles are actually rarer.

They are not, but just by chance it is difficult to only get unique ones. The designers even said that as shows etc start up again they expect people to swap them with each other to get a full set just like the real chocolate frog cards :classic:

28 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They are not, but just by chance it is difficult to only get unique ones. The designers even said that as shows etc start up again they expect people to swap them with each other to get a full set just like the real chocolate frog cards :classic:

Well that's good news :)

Great start with the Frogs, built the Polyjuice set which came with... 2 Salazar Slytherin. Hopefully some of the other sets will be better.

Liked the set though, small but both the sink & toilet were nicely done. The outer wall won't win any awards by itself though, but the pot & small accessories are nice. With cat Hermione and Crabbe & Goyle faces/hairs I'll count that as 3 unique figures which is very good. And one useless gold figure of course.

I just want more Hogwarts expansions, because my 2018-2020 Hogwarts is very 2 dimensional. It's like a wall. It's flat, and I need things behind it. I also want more sets from Order of the Phoenix and Half-blood Prince (my two favorites) but what we really need is Deathly Hallows. I imagine a Ministry of Magic, The Lovegoods house, the potter family home (with graveyard), a Hogsmeade expansion, a forbidden forest expansion, and some more Hogwarts expansions (courtyard, bridge, bell tower, etc.)

I got  a CoS with no duplicates in it. The early review youtubers all seemed to be getting triples in that set. so far between the CoS and the Chess Set I only have one duplicate for a total of 8 unique! Half way there! Hogsmeade, Fluffy, and 2x Polyjuice Mistake come tomorrow so thats another 10 possibles, very unlikely to get all 16. I think Fawkes should definitely have come with some, the buildable figs not having them is fine, they're sort of their on thing.

Also, I felt amused when i got Salazar Slytherin in the same bag as the Basalisk.

I like it, swap the roofs and it perfectly fits the 2018-2020 sets!! I always wondered where the room of Requirement fit in the castle but still this is interesting, use the sand green and it transfers into an old school set lol

2PVHNHo.jpg?1

Edited by eldiano

4 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I like it, swap the roofs and it perfectly fits the 2018-2020 sets!! I always wondered where the room of Requirement fit in the castle but still this is interesting, use the sand green and it transfers into an old school set lol

2PVHNHo.jpg?1

Nice. :wub: Definite improvement. I think I'd use the sand green for accents, but this will look so much better with the 2018+ sets.

If you don't mind my asking, what did it cost you to make the swap?

For our running totals, I'm now up to 9/10 original chocolate frog cards; Hogsmeade, Flying Lesson, Encounter with Fluffy, Polyjuice Mishap.

6 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Nice. :wub: Definite improvement. I think I'd use the sand green for accents, but this will look so much better with the 2018+ sets.

If you don't mind my asking, what did it cost you to make the swap?

For our running totals, I'm now up to 9/10 original chocolate frog cards; Hogsmeade, Flying Lesson, Encounter with Fluffy, Polyjuice Mishap.

Thank you!!! You are right the sand green could be used as accents!!! I spend close to 30 usd all things considered!!!

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

Thank you!!! You are right the sand green could be used as accents!!! I spend close to 30 usd all things considered!!!

Oof. :cry_sad: Substantial part of the price on top of what the set costs, but still... so worth it. I love the result. (I look at it and think 'yes!', I look at the original and always think 'why?')

On 6/4/2021 at 4:00 PM, joeee said:

So you guys know how the Devil's Snare looks really underwhelming compared to the 2001 set? WELL, I was having Ron fall into the Snare and 99% of the time....he fell right INTO it and didn't fall out. I applaud the TLG team for fooling me. I absolutely love that minifigures get caught so easily between the vines!

How are you dropping your minifigures in?

I tried dropping them through in a variety of ways and had near zero luck - they pretty much always bounced right off the top of the vines.

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Oof. :cry_sad: Substantial part of the price on top of what the set costs, but still... so worth it. I love the result. (I look at it and think 'yes!', I look at the original and always think 'why?')

don’t get scared of my pricing! I for one bought like 10 of each part, if you dialed in and went by the manual on a part for part basis it will go substantially less than that believe me!!!  

3 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Is there a list of parts I could order for replacement parts for the sand green elements?

I was going to ask the same. Has someone made an inventory of what is needed to convert the sets? Or is there a YouTube video that does the same?

I’ve just finished building all of the sets (minus the CoS, that one arrives on Monday) and I’m very pleased with all of them :sweet: Never thought I’d say that back when the set names got leaked, but I ended up liking the Harry & Hermione maxifigs even more than anticipated :wub: The fact everything is printed is just the icing on the cake.

I SO hope they release sets in that style for other themes as well next year

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Is there a list of parts I could order for replacement parts for the sand green elements?

46 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

I was going to ask the same. Has someone made an inventory of what is needed to convert the sets? Or is there a YouTube video that does the same?

Potterminifigpals said she would post the list of needed parts but I can't find it.  Maybe someone better than me at navigating YouTube can find it.

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:

4 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I have a list of all the parts you would have to substitute in the new sets (76386, 76387 and 76389). The prices listed are derived directly from Lego bricks and pieces ("Steine und Teile" column in the table) and pick a brick. Use the part ids to check the prices on Bricklink.

This one is in €:

Grey roofs

The second one is in US $:

Grey roofs dollar

Edited by Metanoios91

45 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I have a list of all the parts you would have to substitute in the new sets (76386, 76387 and 76389). The prices listed are derived directly from Lego bricks and pieces ("Steine und Teile" column in the table) and pick a brick. Use the part ids to check the prices on Bricklink.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

This one is in €:

Grey roofs

The second one is in US $:

Grey roofs dollar

Amazing, thank you!

Build the Bathroom and Hogsmeade over the last few days.

The bathroom has some really nice figures but is otherwise nothing to really write home about. The exterior looks rather awkward and the interior is just fine.

Hogsmeade is just fantastic in it's entirety. Fantastic figures, fantastic builds, fantastic details and so on. Really the only major flaw this set has are those horrible window stickers for Honeydukes, those really should've been printed.

And to cap it off all of my 6 Chocolate Frog Cards where unique so that's fantastic :excited: