Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

While I’m waiting for Chamber & Hogsmeade to leave the warehouse, I went & bought the Polyjuice set. What a great little build. The sink looks fantastic. Minifgs are, of course, amazing. We really are getting the best assortment we’ve ever seen. So happy to finally have Crabbe & Goyle, now Draco can properly harass the other students. 

I got Gryffindor & Ravenclaw cards. Can’t wait for my order with ten more! How are people going to display them? I’m thinking of just keeping it simple & putting them on an 8x8 plate. 

I was thinking of putting my Chocolate Frog cards on a brick-built wall, maybe in Hogwarts or outside of it. Another idea if I get multiples is using some as portraits too :classic:

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I got Gryffindor & Ravenclaw cards. Can’t wait for my order with ten more! How are people going to display them? I’m thinking of just keeping it simple & putting them on an 8x8 plate. 

Thinking about making a small shopping stand/cart for DA or Hogsmeade where a random vendor can sell some of them.

I got so many repeat cards it’s insane

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Thinking about making a small shopping stand/cart for DA or Hogsmeade where a random vendor can sell some of them.

Not a bad idea

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Out of my six so far I have three identical :(

Ive just built the bathroom and the interior is very cool, love the sinks and the toilet. But it's such an ugly little block from the other side and that stupid window that doesn't go with any of the other set designs, I've removed it already. And the worst was the sticker sheet, they could have added a spare mirror sticker as the shiny sticker is there but just not cut out. Now i'll have to try and cut it out which never goes well. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not a bad idea

Yeah, distribution is pretty awful. My Polyjuice came with two of my favorites (Silver Dumbledore and McGonagall), but here's my distribution (in order) from the Chamber of Secrets:

Jocunda Sykes

Jocunda Sykes

Jocunda Sykes

Nicholas Flamel

Garrick Ollivander

Nicholas Flamel

I just started building Hogsmeade, and the first card is my fourth Jocunda Sykes. I am (moderately) livid.

On a separate note, I really don't get how you can look at the sand green roofs and not think they look absolutely gorgeous, they're so much more interesting and vibrant, and the castle's actual roof color is somewhere in between the two anyway. I will probably swap out some of the highlights (cheeseslopes) for dark gray and add lightning rods to the tower tops, but I adore the new roofs.

Has anyone noticed the Frog Card typo in the back of the Chamber of Secrets booklet? They have Olivander twice, once correctly, and once for Rowena Ravenclaw. 

30 minutes ago, DannyPowers said:

Has anyone noticed the Frog Card typo in the back of the Chamber of Secrets booklet? They have Olivander twice, once correctly, and once for Rowena Ravenclaw. 

It has been mentioned somewhere on this thread. But I don't remember when or what if anything is going to be done with it, but I assume LEGO will fix it.

I guess I have been pretty lucky so far with the cards. Only 1 repeat out of six cards

I've gotten lucky so far, 6 / 6 distinct cards. Have to see how long that keeps up, only two more and then it's more likely to be a duplicate than a new tile.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, MaxHeadroom said:

3/4 still have some things left but not very much unless LEGO decides to do more hogsmeade stuff or remakes of 2018+ sets. What's left other than the durmstrang ship, second task, divination classroom, and boggart DADA class? 

I would love a castle section based on PoA! They could fit in a structure like the bell towers but made of the new modular system: Lupin’s office, Divination room, DADA classroom with candles, megaphone, the dragon skeleton and Mirror wardrobe, add the dark tower as side build? I recognise there would be a lot of repeats of existing figures however.

3 hours ago, Salix said:

It has been mentioned somewhere on this thread. But I don't remember when or what if anything is going to be done with it, but I assume LEGO will fix it.

3 hours ago, DannyPowers said:

The downloadable instructions on Lego.com for all the released sets do not have this mistake anymore. The printed instructions in the sets will have the mistake for the next 4 to 6 weeks (all the sets I bought had it), because those were already pre-produced prior to launch, but the sets that are produced right this minute won't have that mistake.  

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I would love a castle section based on PoA! They could fit in a structure like the bell towers but made of the new modular system: Lupin’s office, Divination room, DADA classroom with candles, megaphone, the dragon skeleton and Mirror wardrobe, add the dark tower as side build? I recognise there would be a lot of repeats of existing figures however.

I'd LOVE another Dark Tower set. Gosh, the Azkaban line in 2004 was my absolute favorite. Middle school years were so magical.

By the way, I have three Snapes so far. I'll see if anyone will be trading here haha. I also feel so lucky I got silver Dumbledore.

I'm trying my best to build slowly to enjoy each set as much as I can.

Hey guys, I asked Marcos on Instagram a question whether Lego has a problem with Deathly Hallows and he actually answered lol didn't expect that but here's what he said:

"Absolutely nothing! But as the story progresses, the movies get darker and more up in age, and we tend to find more appealing and engaging moments in the earlier movies that lend themselves to great toys...but who knows...:)"

If anything it confirms that they do find it dark and it isn't an unfounded worry from us that they are intentionally skipping it. Doesn't bode well for the next couple years at least

Edited by Modal

Bought my first Harry Potter set since I was in middle school from the new wave. Looking forward to building it and am already planning what I want to buy next :excited:

Edited by Darkslayer

Chamber Of Secrets and Hogsmeade arrived today. Out of 10 cards I got 2 doubles (McGonagall and Snape). Also got Bertie Bott, Jocunda Sykes, Garrick Ollivander, Nicholas Flamel, Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff. I fell like I did pretty well, but I get the feeling it might be quite difficult to complete the set without sourcing for Bricklink etc. I'd be interested to know if any of the tiles are actually rarer.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Hey guys, I asked Marcos on Instagram a question whether Lego has a problem with Deathly Hallows and he actually answered lol didn't expect that but here's what he said:

"Absolutely nothing! But as the story progresses, the movies get darker and more up in age, and we tend to find more appealing and engaging moments in the earlier movies that lend themselves to great toys...but who knows...:)"

If anything it confirms that they do find it dark and it isn't an unfounded worry from us that they are intentionally skipping it. Doesn't bode well for the next couple years at least

Like those two new Carnage & Venom masks aren't dark?  Not to mention the upcoming Monkie Kid Bone Collector or the whole late Hidden Side theme and many others that we've already covered in the past.  Hopefully we will eventually see some Deathly Hallows sets even if they only issue them as D2C and/or 18+.  They've got to know by now that we want them.

One thing that occurred to me: I remember in the 2004 wave they actually did the Grand Staircase (or at least part of it). I feel like that's something that's really needed ever since the whole theme got relaunched in 2018 - all these floors, but no way to actually climb between them. Hope they do a Staircase tower at some point.

4 hours ago, Darkslayer said:

One thing that occurred to me: I remember in the 2004 wave they actually did the Grand Staircase (or at least part of it). I feel like that's something that's really needed ever since the whole theme got relaunched in 2018 - all these floors, but no way to actually climb between them. Hope they do a Staircase tower at some point.

Oooo, I'd love that set redone. Also would love a new Dumbledore's Office. 

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Oooo, I'd love that set redone.

It kind of was redone. The 2004 set with semi-movable staircases was the Clock Tower.

The original Hogwarts also replicated the idea of a moving staircase with the spiral stairs, seen again most recently in the 2018 Great Hall set.

Anyone know what the point of putting the red axle in the neck of the Harry and Hermione big-figs? They just sit in there loose lol

I got 10 unique cards out of 17. Pretty happy with that and I will def be bricklinking the other 6

11 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I've gotten lucky so far, 6 / 6 distinct cards. Have to see how long that keeps up, only two more and then it's more likely to be a duplicate than a new tile.

Same with me I only have 1 repeat so far!!! Are we willing to accept trades for other cards in this forum?

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Same with me I only have 1 repeat so far!!! Are we willing to accept trades for other cards in this forum?

I don't know all the Eurobricks rules, but maybe it would be less confusing if a trading forum could be started?

So you guys know how the Devil's Snare looks really underwhelming compared to the 2001 set? WELL, I was having Ron fall into the Snare and 99% of the time....he fell right INTO it and didn't fall out. I applaud the TLG team for fooling me. I absolutely love that minifigures get caught so easily between the vines!

11 hours ago, Surge said:

Anyone know what the point of putting the red axle in the neck of the Harry and Hermione big-figs? They just sit in there loose lol

I got 10 unique cards out of 17. Pretty happy with that and I will def be bricklinking the other 6

Phoenix Feather and Dragon Heart String easter eggs me thinks. Just realized that said necks and not wands lol.

Edited by Archer

4 hours ago, joeee said:

So you guys know how the Devil's Snare looks really underwhelming compared to the 2001 set? WELL, I was having Ron fall into the Snare and 99% of the time....he fell right INTO it and didn't fall out. I applaud the TLG team for fooling me. I absolutely love that minifigures get caught so easily between the vines!

Haha :head_back: So it really is a play feature!