Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, Ferder said:

This Designer Interview has some interesting insight into the reasoning behind this year's Anniversary line. Some key takeaways:

• The 2018-2020 line was a three-year plan
  • The new Anniversary line is called a soft reboot because it introduces the new modular system, while also keeping the pin-connections from the 2018-2020 wave
  • The goal with the soft reboot "Anniversary" line was to attract new kids to HP (that weren't old enough to be interested three years ago). This explains why the focus is on the first two films, which are more kid-friendly than say Deathly Hallows. Also, the Anniversary is celebrating the release of the first film, 20 years ago. 
  • With the 2018-2020 line they had run out of "consumer-recognizable" Hogwarts exteriors, hence a return to familiar locations like the Great Hall. This admission does not bode well for the chance of getting less iconic locations like the Bell Towers
  • The sand-green elements on the Astronomy Tower set were a personal touch by that set's designer, and not part of the official switch to Sand Green for the Anniversary Line. It was just a happy coincidence that it served as a transition between the two lines. 

All things considered, the future of the line looks like it will be this new Modular Hogwarts system, rather than a return to the style of the 2018-2020 series. 

I mean I love closed lines, all is there to do is just add chambers of secrets styled bases for that line.  But damn i know he lied when he said the sand green towers were a “personal” touch I haha we all know is just for the “anniversary” lmao

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I noticed that Wizading World accessory pack on LEGO S@H that it said “coming soon”. Previously, it did say “wil be available on June 1st” or something like that? 

Do we have some some sets that are not released yet (other than sets that are released already)?

Here in the Netherlands it's available :shrug_oh_well:

Think this is the year I stop buying every set, knowing that the 2018-2020 plan is over, not holding out hope for any consistent DH sets.

I will be picking up Fawkes and Hogsmeade, but I think from the other sets it will be selecting minifigures and interesting parts and picking them up from BrickLink.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, I don't think so...

*Lambert voice* he he he… Sorry.

Of course you don’t, you have much higher stakes in this than everyone else :laugh_hard:

Not trying to be a pessimist here, but DH not being part of their initial plans doesn’t exactly bode well for a full wave…

Whatever we end up getting next year I just hope there won't be anything based on Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. I'm getting so sick of those two.

33 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Whatever we end up getting next year I just hope there won't be anything based on Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. I'm getting so sick of those two.

Agreed, I think they've covered everything. With the mid-years there's still some obvious sets like the Triwizard challenges that they could make.

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

Agreed, I think they've covered everything. With the mid-years there's still some obvious sets like the Triwizard challenges that they could make.

3/4 still have some things left but not very much unless LEGO decides to do more hogsmeade stuff or remakes of 2018+ sets. What's left other than the durmstrang ship, second task, divination classroom, and boggart DADA class? 

5 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

What's left other than the durmstrang ship, second task, divination classroom, and boggart DADA class? 

Shrieking Shack, Dark Tower, Hogsmeade Station.

For the first movies there isn't much left to do, but a Troll in the Bathroom would be nice and something with the winged keys also.

Does anyone else find it strange that only 1 set has been slated for an August 1st release? Obviously, the D2C will be coming out later this year, as well, followed by the Advent Calendar on September 1 but the single solitary set release in August just seems a bit... odd. I have a feeling that we may be in store for a surprise set or two later this summer...

In the designer interview, Marcos is asked about the gold minifigs and mentions that “...maybe there are some other players that are missing...” indicating that there is more than one gold minifig left to be revealed. I think we can all agree that a golden Dumbledore is all but guaranteed at this point. But what about a golden Draco? Or a golden Hagrid? Even a golden McGonagall?

I have a strong feeling that, including the rumored D2C, there are 3-4 LEGO Harry Potter sets left to be revealed. If I had to wager a guess on what sets LEGO may still have hidden up its Wizard sleeve, I would would say:

- Hogwarts Icons (gold Dumbledore)

- Gringott’s Bank (gold Draco)

- The Dark Forest (gold Hagrid)

- Troll in the Dungeon (gold McGonagall)

The Icons and Gringott’s sets have already been discussed ad nauseum, but one set that appears to be missing is the “forest” style set that we get every year. There was an Aragog set called the Dark Forest in the original 2001-2002 lineup but as we already have that set, I think a smallish set with Harry, Draco, a new Fang mold, maybe a Black Centaur (Bane), and a cloaked Quirrel would be perfect.

The other set we are missing from the original 2001-2002 lineup is the Troll in the Dungeon set. I can see something similar in scale to the Flying Lesson set that is less focused on the castle build and more focused on the Mountain Troll and some kind of bathroom stall destroying action.

What do other folks think? If there are in fact a few more set that LEGO has in store for us this year, what do you hope we get?

EDIT: another possibility I can see is a Borgin and Burke’s / Knockturn Alley set... Seeing as how we got Mr Borgin

Edited by sebastian666

The AC is interesting, loads of new prints and two chocolate frog cards! I’m pleased also that we don’t have the token ‘presents’ build like every one before. I think this set will sell better than the 2020 AC also because of the superior packaging, you have lots more characters on the box and the artwork is more exciting and fills the space better.

How many new and exclusive prints are there here?: Privet Drive signpost, Leaky Cauldron sign, train platform sign, cake top, train ticket, new torso shared between 3 figures, spinner top. That must be a new record!

I also expect that lamp on the bank desk is glow in-the-dark

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone else find it strange that only 1 set has been slated for an August 1st release?

The delay only concerns NA though, it got released yesterday alongside the other sets in the rest of the world :wink:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that’s not really a solid base for any theory :snicker: Besides, if there were more regular retail sets coming this year, we would’ve heard about them by now. Sure, the 3 new Monkie Kid sets that were put on shelves yesterday came almost out of nowhere, but that’s a special case since the theme’s s@h- and store-exclusive outside of Asia.

Moreover, 2021 is already the biggest year the theme has ever had, so more sets on top of what we already have would be kind of overkill. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for you to be right, but in all likelihood it ain’t gonna happen :shrug_oh_well:

The Advent Calendar has some really cool prints and certainly seemsm to hint at what may be coming next year. Also, it is stated that it is going to be a game, so it makes sense that it really seems to be covering Harry and his journey to Hogwarts as part of the Anniversary wave.  While I am not totally sold that there are still to be revealed "secret" Aug sets, I would be pretty excited if that was the case!  

I am definitely ready to put books 1 & 2 to bed for a while as it relates to sets.  Plenty of material to cover from 3-7.  Perhaps this is where we get a Leaky Cauldron that depicts the scene where Arthur asks Harry about Sirius? A Gryffindor Common room with Sirius in the fireplace for the castle section AND/OR Divination classroom(easily made to be modular to match the rebooted style). A shreking shack with a new Lupin werewolf mold. Then you have a new 2nd task set with Mer People. A new Durmstrang ship. A Quidditch world cup set.  I think that would be a great 2022 along with a new Advent Calendar.

2023 could add in Umbridges office, Motorized Hogwarts Express and Hogsmeade Station, #12 Grimmauld Place, Courtyard with fountain that Fred & George always keep messing with, CMF serieis 3, Some FB related sets, advent calendar

2024 brings in a new D2C Knockturn Alley + Gringotts, Hogs Head Pub, Covered Bridge section of Hogwarts, Boat House, Owlry, Bill & Fleurs Wedding tent, Forrest of Dean (or any random Harry Ron, Hermoine campinghiding spot), 7 potters leaving Privet Drive

2025 brings Malfoy Manner, Battle for Hogwarts, Forbidden Forrest, Ministry of Magic

Ok, a lot of wishful thinking but I do think not totally unrealistic... What do you think is missing or has zero chance of happening??

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The delay only concerns NA though, it got released yesterday alongside the other sets in the rest of the world :wink:

I didn’t realize that - thanks for clarifying. Regardless, Marcos does mention “some other players that are missing dot dot dot” in his designer interview which seems to indicate there is more than one golden minifig coming... And didn’t we already see a gold Draco hairpiece leak?

1 minute ago, MischiefManaged said:

2024 brings in a new D2C Knockturn Alley + Gringotts

I highly doubt that LEGO will wait three more years to release Gringott’s when the D2C Diagon Alley is on store shelves now and the demand / potential sales momentum is higher for this set than ever 

8 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I didn’t realize that - thanks for clarifying. Regardless, Marcos does mention “some other players that are missing dot dot dot” in his designer interview which seems to indicate there is more than one golden minifig coming... And didn’t we already see a gold Draco hairpiece leak?

Indeed. But don’t forget the polybag :classic: Everybody assumes it’s yet another one featuring Harry (and I wouldn’t blame them), but Dragold being included would make sense, especially since they did the same thing two years ago for the SW anniversary.

Another option I haven’t seen anyone bring up yet is more than one golden minifig being included in the D2C set. A bit unorthodox admittedly, but can’t really be ruled out yet :grin:

I just built the polyjuice and Fluffy sets and I encountered the duality of the randomised cards within them. The Fluffy set came with two Snapes and with the Bathroom I got the Silver Dumbledore. I don't even know if that Dumbledore is rare or not, but the fact I had a duplicate in the first set I opened reminded me why I dislike randomised stuff like this.

1 hour ago, MischiefManaged said:

I am definitely ready to put books 1 & 2 to bed for a while as it relates to sets. 

[...] 2024 brings in a new D2C Knockturn Alley + Gringotts, Hogs Head Pub, Covered Bridge section of Hogwarts, Boat House, Owlry, Bill & Fleurs Wedding tent, Forrest of Dean (or any random Harry Ron, Hermoine campinghiding spot), 7 potters leaving Privet Drive

For the love of dog, not the Battle of 7 Potters. I groan almost every time we get a Harry in a set, can you imagine getting seven of them? :pir-sick: (And you can't tell me you haven't enough of them lying about to recreate the scene anyway.) Give us a Polybag with Hagrid and his motorbike and baby Harry instead. :classic:  

From PS, I'd like the Troll in the Dungeons (I still can't believe we didn't get one this year, it was such a pivotal moment for the trio), and I'd love a Forbidden Forest set with Fang (and the unicorn... :laugh:). The Flying Keys are still missing, as is a small representation of the Chess Battle I no longer expect to see as a set... Given what they made out of the Devil's Snare, however, I don't know that I need or want an official set for it.  

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. But don’t forget the polybag :classic: Everybody assumes it’s yet another one featuring Harry (and I wouldn’t blame them), but Dragold being included would make sense, especially since they did the same thing two years ago for the SW anniversary.

Ah... good point! I’m still going to cling to my hopes for a surprise set or two - however unrealistic they may be! 

30 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

For the love of dog, not the Battle of 7 Potters. I groan almost every time we get a Harry in a set, can you imagine getting seven of them? :pir-sick: 

There's not really any substantial builds one can associate with the Bot7P though so I highly doubt there would be 7 Harry's included anyway. Only set based on that scene I could see happen is a small one with Harry, Hagrid, Voldemort and Sirius' bike as a build. 

Just built Polyjuice Potion set, and it's absolutely fantastic.

The build itself is really we built. The sinks are obviously my favourite part, I love them. The rest is great too. Can't wait to connect it with the First Flight set!

Minfigures are the standout here (again, obviously). Just amazing, each one of them.

As for the cards, I got Minerva McGonagall and Helga Hufflepuff. Can't wait to get First Flight and Advent Calendar so I can get more (I hope I won't get repeats tho...).

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Couldn’t have said it better

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I noticed that Wizading World accessory pack on LEGO S@H that it said “coming soon”. Previously, it did say “wil be available on June 1st” or something like that? 

Do we have some some sets that are not released yet (other than sets that are released already)?

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, I was refreshing for 10 minutes last night, thinking maybe they were just getting around to it. But I didn’t want to possibly risk it anymore, so I clicked on. The only set revealed that wasn’t June 1st is Flying Lesson, which was always slated for August 1st. 

Both the Flying Lesson and accessory pack are available in the Netherlands.

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone else find it strange that only 1 set has been slated for an August 1st release? Obviously, the D2C will be coming out later this year, as well, followed by the Advent Calendar on September 1 but the single solitary set release in August just seems a bit... odd. I have a feeling that we may be in store for a surprise set or two later this summer...

What set is slated for 1 August?

EDIT: Nvm, finally caught up.

Edited by Salix

While we constantly want new stuff, obviously since they will always do a soft reboot (like star wars) if this is around long enough, new kids will always get interested. Which means, we will ALWAYS have stuff with movies 1 and 2. They will never go away. Those are the most iconic for kids since it isn't as dark as the later stuff.

And the interview mentioned the transition to sand green wasn't just for the anniversary? But if the new soft reboot is going to have modular builds and be different from the last 2018-20 series, wouldn't the 2022-23 sets also be sand green to match??

51 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

And the interview mentioned the transition to sand green wasn't just for the anniversary? 

Not quite, the designer mentioned that the several sand green pieces that accented the grey roofs in 2020 Astronomy Tower weren't an intentional foreshadowing of this years' green-roof wave. There was nothing said about what the roof colors would be after this year, but you're probably right that if the modular system continues next year, it would also have green roofs.