Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

A few usefull printed tiles, will get the AC probably on sale

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Overall the AC is pretty meh but I do love the new prints (train ticket, Leaky Cauldron sign, Privet Drive sign, squashed birthday cake and Platform 9 3/4). Figures are decent I guess. 

I love that we're getting the squashed birthday cake as a print and I never say no to new minifigure prints, but overall this is very underwhelming. We wanted Gringotts and instead we get a teeny tiny vault and a chibi cart. :iamded_lol: The minifigures aren't that interesting either, but then I did particularly love last year's with the bright yule ball dresses.

That being said, I feel like this is a starter to the main course, in that I'm sure Gringotts will come as a set, most probably, next year and this is just a taster. I would still have loved this as a kid at Christmas and it's still a decent product in itself, but for me just not as good as the past couple.

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Too bad it’s just Draco

But the good thing is that he has presorting robe, which is definitely awesome. The more the better

While definitely my least favourite out of the 3 ACs we've had, I still think it's a great set!

Minfigures are all decent. Love the new robes, Dudkey and Griphook are also great.

The builds are all very iconic and I love them, especially the cake and all the prints, but I think they are more like additions to sets instead of standalone build like in previous calendars...

Chocolate Frog cards are an incredible addition tho.

Not too bad, will definetely get this. Is Griphook wearing Ollivander's torso from Diagon Alley? 

Any word on if Dudley's pyjama bottoms were printed with a tail?

Also, it seems a little odd to have Draco instead of Hagrid given the prominence he had in those early scenes. (I prefer Draco, though.) Love the birthday cake and the Hogwarts Express ticket. :wub: All in all, I think they've done a great job of suggesting the various scenes. 

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Any word on if Dudley's pyjama bottoms were printed with a tail?

Also, it seems a little odd to have Draco instead of Hagrid given the prominence he had in those early scenes. (I prefer Draco, though.) Love the birthday cake and the Hogwarts Express ticket. :wub: All in all, I think they've done a great job of suggesting the various scenes. 

Hagrid would probably be too big for an Advent Calendar. 

21 minutes ago, RoyL said:

Not too bad, will definetely get this. Is Griphook wearing Ollivander's torso from Diagon Alley? 

Yep.

Love the new prints - that Leaky Cauldon print would really come to life with an actual pub to put it with -- perhaps a Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron D2C this year pretty please Lego??

It's a load of small builds and minifigures just like any other advent calendar. Fun for kids, nice for customizers, and awful for people who want something that looks nice on display. The difference this time is that instead of mostly accompanying a one set (Great Hall 2019, Clock Tower 2020), this is mostly accompanying four sets (chamber of secrets/great hall, Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron, Dursley's escape house). A slight issue is that three of those four sets don't exist yet and I doubt at least one of them will anytime soon. All options here (one set/multiple sets and existent/nonexistent) have pros and cons. 

Giving it some thought though, if ACs are going to be based on multiple sets it would be great if they were somewhat based on upcoming sets. It would give us something to speculate about and give designers some prints that can be reused allowing for more new prints in the main sets. 

As for the advent calendar itself I am apathetic as always. I keep all of my sets as standalone things and ACs are by design just a collection of random builds so they just look like a mess. 

Love the new Advent Calendar! It's a shame Griphook doesn't look a bit more different (it would have been great to get the older goblin with the glasses) but I understand Lego's decision. The builds are so fresh and varied this time, and the minifigures less repeats, that I feel like this will be the first Advent Calendar I'll be getting. 

I'm so glad the Gringotts carts are minifigure scale as well, I'm going to have a lot of feeling wheeling those around while waiting for the the *hopeful* Gringotts next year

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hagrid would probably be too big for an Advent Calendar. 

Good point.

Were the doors always all the same size? I could swear the 24th used to occasionally be larger. (Like here, St. Nick on the locomotiveSanta on a snowmobile, Santa and fireplace, Santa tree gifts & fireplace, or I remember getting this one, it was well large Santa & sled.)

Edited by krimimimi
link

This is the least interesting HP AC yet

I wonder why they didn't go for Grimmauld Place's christmas scene from the 5th book

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder why they didn't go for Grimmauld Place's christmas scene from the 5th book

They obviously wanted to tie the AC into the 20th anniversary as well.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They obviously wanted to tie the AC into the 20th anniversary as well.

But they scenes they are depicting in the AC took place in July. It's Harry's Bday

At least the Grimmauld Place's scene was actually christmas 

I do wish they would stop reusing that Ollivander torso though. What with Ollivander, the wizard in the minifigure pack and now Griphook it's starting to look like Diagon Alley has some sort of uniform policy.

Also my preorder for Fluffy and Polyjuice just shipped from Lego but I've only been given normal points rather than the double points that was the promo at the time of ordering. Preorder or not, when I went to checkout it said I would receive double points and the page after ordering showed double points as well. Has anybody else who's preordered found this? 

Seems like another customer service chat needed. :wall:

EDIT: Phoned customer service and a very nice lady quickly added my points. So do contact them if you get the same for a preorder.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I love the cake and ticket prints.

Dudley and the un-sorted robes looks great, but griphook is kinda disappointing.

Great to see the wall 

all the Gringotts stuff is really cool, but with no place to put it in its kinda useless imo. I'm not sure if that stuff makes me more or less confident in getting a Gringotts soon lol

Glad they didn't include any micro builds (tbf the last one only had 3, but still)

Also nice to see they included some cards (though by that point I probably would have already brick linked the ones I was missing)

Overall this ones decent.

In terms of new pieces, definitely the worst AC dang! That Harry minifigure shoots way down in value. But the game element looks cute and getting Harry's squashed birthday cake is AWESOME.

This AC really makes me think the D2C could still be Gringotts and/or the Leaky Cauldron. Leakers have been vague enough about what they've seen where I haven't been convinced this icons thing is actually legit. They're probably right but I'm hopefully delusional :excited:

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This is the least interesting HP AC yet

The least interesting HP AC? Did you forget the first one? (I wouldn't blame you if you did). Least favorite would be totally understandable but I really don't see how this is less interesting than tables and flagpoles. 

I remember the SW AC in 2018 had a Cloud City build, which was followed by the Cloud City D2C that came a bit later. Is it possible the same thing is the case in this set, with the references to Gringott's and the Leaky Cauldron? I still don't think we'll get either of them for the D2C this year, but maybe 2022 will be a spectacular year with those two sets. The two tiles in the AC are a nice little bonus to something I was planning on getting anyways! Fingers crossed we get the D2C reveal at LEGO Con in about 3 weeks. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only 2021 HP set yet to be revealed.

19 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I remember the SW AC in 2018 had a Cloud City build, which was followed by the Cloud City D2C that came a bit later. Is it possible the same thing is the case in this set, with the references to Gringott's and the Leaky Cauldron? I still don't think we'll get either of them for the D2C this year, but maybe 2022 will be a spectacular year with those two sets. The two tiles in the AC are a nice little bonus to something I was planning on getting anyways! Fingers crossed we get the D2C reveal at LEGO Con in about 3 weeks. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only 2021 HP set yet to be revealed.

I also seem to recall the newer Star Wars AC that suggested a future set, but can't recall it. 

I believe there is also the polybag that is yet to be revealed. 

LEGO: "Well I thought you guys wanted Leaky Cauldron and Gringotts so badly! What's wrong?"

I stopped following LEGO HP for the year considering there's nothing I'm interested in, but I did get a good laugh seeing the advent calendar on Instagram. One of the items is a literal wall lmao

Bring on 2022 I guess.

Edited by Modal

The advent calender. After hearing it was all Philosopher's Stone based my hopes weren't high, but yikes.

Every little bit seems to just be random parts thrown together. A bit of Privet Drive, a bit of the Leaky Cauldron, a bit of Gringotts, a bit of Plaform 9 and 3/4.

I'm going I can get some of the nice prints off bricks and pieces like the Leaky Cauldron sign and the cake, because I'm not going to bother buying the set.

It really doesn't feel like a set on it's own, just little parts that would add onto sets, however even that doesn't work as we've already had the road sign and fireplace in the Privet Drive set.

The minifigures are okay, but nothing special. I feel sorry for anyone who got Diagon Alley for the Harry Minifigure.

I hope Dudley at least has a printed tail on the back of his torso.

Polyjuice Potion Mistake just arrived today. Can't wait to build it, I'll do it tomorrow as I have another set to build today. So excited :excited: