Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

Happy LEGO Harry Potter Eve everyone!! Like Christmas but better

It's already LEGO Harry Potter afternoon for those of us farther East!

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's already LEGO Harry Potter afternoon for those of us farther East!

Aye! Jealous of those that have made it through the hardest sleep of the year!! The excitement keeps me awake

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

12 AM EST

It’s 12:02 am EST and none of the sets are available to “Add to Bag” in the US. It must be 12am PST... 

Update - I’ve now been placed in a queue on LEGO’s site and there are 1667 people in the queue with me. Is this normal?

Update 2 - I was able to get in after waiting in the queue for about 7 minutes and I ordered all of the sets I wanted: the Chamber of Secrets, Polyjuice Potion Mistake, Fluffy Encounter, and Hogsmeade Village Visit. I already picked up Wizard’s Chess Set at Target today. The only other sets I really wanted were the Flying Lesson and the Diagon Alley Accessory Pack but they both still say “Coming Soon” on LEGO’s site. 

14 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

It’s 12:02 am EST and none of the sets are available to “Add to Bag” in the US. It must be 12am PST... 

Update - I’ve now been placed in a queue on LEGO’s site and there are 1667 people in the queue with me. Is this normal?

Update 2 - I was able to get in after waiting in the queue for about 7 minutes and I ordered all of the sets I wanted: the Chamber of Secrets, Polyjuice Potion Mistake, Fluffy Encounter, and Hogsmeade Village Visit. I already picked up Wizard’s Chess Set at Target today. The only other sets I really wanted were the Flying Lesson and the Diagon Alley Accessory Pack but they both still say “Coming Soon” on LEGO’s site. 

I got a queue as well. It has become the norm for certain release dates. I was just checking the status on my Bugle, and was like why is there a queue? And then I remembered all the Harry Potter releases. If there was a gwp I would pick some up, but I think I will be waiting a bit for something before getting any.

Enjoy everyone!

Interesting. On S@H in US, the Accessory Pack originally stated it was a June 1 release, it didn't change to Available Now like the rest of them, and now just says "Coming Soon", without a date. I wonder what happened...

FYI to everyone in this thread who doesn't look at our Bricks & Pieces thread, the polyjuice potion mug (of which there's only one in the bathroom set) is available to buy on Bricks & Pieces. And the butterbeer mug is of course available as well!

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

FYI to everyone in this thread who doesn't look at our Bricks & Pieces thread, the polyjuice potion mug (of which there's only one in the bathroom set) is available to buy on Bricks & Pieces. And the butterbeer mug is of course available as well!

Thank you for that.  Placed my order for some and a bunch of other items including many of the torsos & legs & skirts & hair from some of the Harry potter sets and a bunch of other stuff from other new releases.  Waiting on deals or GWP for the sets I want.

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

With the first 11 sets releasing tomorrow, what are everyone's purchase plans? Here are mine:

Preordered the Bathroom and Hogsmeade sets, should be arriving on the 7th. Eventually want to get the Accessory Pack and Advent Calendar but not sure when. As for the rest of the sets: 
- Fluffy Encounter - just want Fluffy so Bricklink it is
- Chamber of Secrets - not a fan of the build so I'll either wait until there's a really good discount or just get the stuff I want off Bricklink
- Wizard's Chess - skip
- Harry & Hermione - skip
- Fawkes - skip, though I may Bricklink Dumbledore if he's cheap
- First Flying Lesson - not sure yet. I could see myself buying it but all I really need from it are the stickersheet and Remembrall piece.
- BrickHeadz - skip for both

The only sets I might be picking up are The Flying Lesson, as it's affordable and I think it looks good on it's own (unlike Myrtle's bathroom or the third floor corridor), plus it'd probably go well with the other sets I own, I particularly like the exterior and interior being fleshed out.

The other set I might pick up is Fawkes, I didn't love the look of Hedwig (wasn't sure about how the eyes turned out) but I think Fawkes looks fantastic, the bright colours, the golden perch and a nice exclusive Dumbledore.

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

With the first 11 sets releasing tomorrow, what are everyone's purchase plans? Here are mine:

My purchase plans are as follows:

Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake: Immediate pick up

Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter: Wait for sale

Hogsmeade Village Visit: Will pick up sooner than later

Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets: Eventual pickup (end of year by the latest)

Hogwarts Wizard's Chess: Wait for sale

Harry & Hermione Maxifigs: Skip

Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix: Wait for sale

Hogwarts First Flying Lesson: Eventual pick up after wider release

Brickheadz: Skip

Accessory Pack: Eventual pick up

So my purchase plan is:

1 - Accessory pack which they didn't release yet.

2 - Will definitely be getting Hogsmeade, Chamber of Secrets, Polyjuice Mistake, First Flying Lesson.  Most likely Polyjuice Mistake & Flying Lesson first.  Want to get a discount or GWP for Hogmeade & Chamber so will impatiently wait a while but no later than the Black Friday deals.

3 - Advent Calendar at least one copy when it releases but hope to eventually get at a discount.  FOMO requires I get one early in case they sell out but may wait to see if Walmart sells them cheaper upon release like they did last year.

4 - Chess set eventually, hoping Target will do an offer before end of year either discount or gift card with purchase.

5 - Fluffy will definitely wait for a sale.

6 - Fawkes - possibly if Target offers a discount.

7 - D2C depends on what it ends up actually being.

Never - Brickheadz and Harry & Hermione figs.

Lego just announced LEGO Con that will feature many different things, including Q&A with designers, exclusive guests and... set reveals! And Harry Potter will be there as well! Guess there we'll get our possible first look at D2C

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

With the first 11 sets releasing tomorrow, what are everyone's purchase plans? 

Day 1 Purchases:

• Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake - ordered a couple (the 25% off helped, as did the 2 for 1 minifigure aspect of the set)
  • Hogsmeade Village Visit - ordered two and am now feeling decadent (but I already have the elf clubhouse and am "growing" my Hogsmeade Village)
  • Hogwarts First Flying Lesson - because CoS isn't happening now, I ordered this one despite the sale price being mediocre. (-10%)
  • Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter - also only because CoS isn't happening now. I found a sale and ordered one (really hoping @Micmac or one of you has ideas for a nice mod of Fluffy, because I'm finding him a little disappointing.)

Waiting for sales:

• Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets - I'll have to wait at least until August to get a sale price, having waited that long, I'm not sure it will be a Day 1 purchase. That might be my Christmas present.
  • Brickheadz - Bellatrix and co.
  • Accessory Pack - whenever I get a good deal I'll order one. 

Maybe, if I get a good sale:

• Harry & Hermione Maxifigs - probably (I wish they'd gone for an older Hermione with different hair so you could turn her head)
  • Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix - less likely (he's pretty, but the space...)
  • Brickheadz - Hagrid and the trio - eh. 

Never: Hogwarts Wizard's Chess

9 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Lego just announced LEGO Con that will feature many different things, including Q&A with designers, exclusive guests and... set reveals! And Harry Potter will be there as well! Guess there we'll get our possible first look at D2C

Looking forward to it :excited: I think a reveal during the con is pretty likely

25 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I honestly doubt they'll show off the D2C considering it's supposed releasedate.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly doubt they'll show off the D2C considering it's supposed releasedate.

Wait, we have a release date? :head_back: I thought it was still unknown

Well then maybe more set. Maybe we will get August wave with more golden figures (plus design team hinted that there's more of them coming). And 26 June is perfect date to reveal August sets

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wait, we have a release date? :head_back: I thought it was still unknown

I believe it's rumored to be September. But I also think that it's possible that it'll release in August

5 minutes ago, Legofania said:

(plus design team hinted that there's more of them coming).

Polybag and D2C set would be my guess, I highly doubt there are any other sets coming this year :classic: Where did they say that btw?

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Where did they say that btw?

Check TommyCBricks's video

Not mad on this years advent calendar.The side builds are not very interesting. It does seem to have a lot of gringotts references though.

some nice prints for leaky cauldron and not sure what the 1x2 tan tile print is. (Its a train ticket) And two chocolate frog tiles as well.

advent

boardgame

Edited by Micmac

15 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Not mad on this years advent calendar.The side builds are not very interesting. It does seem to have a lot of gringotts references though.

some nice prints for leaky cauldron and not sure what the 1x2 tan tile print is. And two chocolate frog tiles as well.

advent

Well uhmmm hmmm... that’s honestly underwhelming and I wasn’t already expecting much just from the leaked info. Really sad in comparison to last year’s Yule Ball advent calendar. The Birthday Cake is a cool touch though.

Edited by RODDY

Overall the AC is pretty meh but I do love the new prints (train ticket, Leaky Cauldron sign, Privet Drive sign, squashed birthday cake and Platform 9 3/4). Figures are decent I guess. 

14 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Well uhmmm hmmm... that’s honestly underwhelming and I wasn’t already expecting much just from the leaked info. Really sad in comparison to last year’s Yule Ball advent calendar. The Birthday Cake is a cool touch though.

They toy with us on the Leaky Cauldron mention :laugh_hard:

I really like new AC. Not just because of the figures, but for sidebuilds as well (I never really cared about them). Especially I like cake, vault, leaky cauldron sign, platform and fireplace.